How does theism have a political stance atheists cannot have...

How does theism have a political stance atheists cannot have? Why does a population of Sup Forums believe atheism shrinking equates a God exists? If you believe atheists have a reason to believe a God exists, feel free to post your proof stating a God exists.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S._E._Cupp
youtu.be/vgavSoLMHCo?t=23
catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/five-ways-or-five-proofs
goodreads.com/book/show/7839086-new-proofs-for-the-existence-of-god
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because atheists have no morals, they're responsible for the destruction of the western world, which started with the liberal, atheist indoctrination in the Soviet school system that influenced the western world, the Cold War ended, the Soviet Union doesn't exist anymore but in the end they still won.

>Because atheists have no morals
False and i'm more than happy to prove you wrong if you're willing to be honest and take the evidence.
>they're responsible for the destruction of the western world, which started with the liberal, atheist indoctrination in the Soviet school system that influenced the western world
So what does that tell you when you see an atheist conservative?

Atheists are too stupid to realise that whether or not God exists is beside the point.

>Atheists are too stupid to realise that whether or not God exists is beside the point.
and you're too stupid to realize that's all atheism is.

who is this whore?

S.E. Cupp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S._E._Cupp

It's not false, atheists are the biggest murderers of children on earth, not only that but they allow animals to kill and rape humans and tell us we have to accept this.
There's no such thing as an atheist conservative

>It's not false, atheists are the biggest murderers of children on earth
proof, please. i'm sure it's true but i'd like to see some sort of proof.
>There's no such thing as an atheist conservative
There is, you're talking to one.

>There's no such thing as an atheist conservative
I'll admit I lean more towards the libertarian right, but that's still better than liberals.

How are you a conservative?
The Soviet Union was the first country to legalize child murder, Scandinavia quickly became the next countries in Europe to legalize it and it snowballed from there.
If you deny God you're just as bad as a liberal

Slide threads about religion are not an argument faggot.

>How are you a conservative?
due to a political leaning towards the right? I don't know how to answer this, did you want me to post specifics or...? Honestly, how the fuck could anyone be left-leaning and be an intelligent American?
>The Soviet Union was the first country to legalize child murder, Scandinavia quickly became the next countries in Europe to legalize it and it snowballed from there.
I've never heard the argument from people who hate anyone non-white who hate abortion. It's a fucking conundrum on so many levels.

>slide thread
>not a politically related discussion
Learn to read?

>If you deny God you're just as bad as a liberal
Incorrect. Just because I deny the existence of any gods, doesn't mean I am on the same level as the cultural marxist, SJW, free bleeding liberals. I still have a sense of morality, one that arises from deep introspection, self philosophy, and analysis of historical indicators of a prosperous society. In fact, since these come from hard studies and many nights of thinking, it just might make me better, more virtuous, and more moral than those who just say "I follow God, therefore I am good."

I don't care if animals kill their kids, we should reduce their numbers by sterilizing niggers, orientals, injuns, Arabs and other non humans or subhumans.
In fact the bible says when you go to war you have to kill all the men, so really there should be NOT ONE Arab man left alive

God*

No, I deny the existence of all gods. Yours is nothing special.

There's only one God

There are zero gods.

>I don't care if animals kill their kids, we should reduce their numbers by sterilizing niggers, orientals, injuns, Arabs and other non humans or subhumans.
You are so fucking stupid on so many levels. How would you even get this enacted? Do you think before talking, or just blurt shit out that you're thinking without a next step?
>In fact the bible says when you go to war you have to kill all the men
I doubt you have it, but if you have the verse post it

If that was the case atheists would look at religion from an anthropological perspective. Instead they decide it's useless and people are more or less good.

YOUR IMAGE IS PROOF THAT GOD EXISTS, DAMN DUMMY.

There is a God and he created you
How am I stupid? The bible makes it clear that at the very minimum niggers are a beast and not human, you can apply many of the verses that applies to them to Arabs too, injuns are obviously not human because they couldn't advance in anyway they lived animalistic lifestyle and look like animals too. Orientals have a different skeletal structure and their eyes are different from humans

Deuteronomy 20:12
And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it:

Detueuronomy 20:13
And when the Lord thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:

>If that was the case
stopped there, because that is 100% the case. If you have an issue with someone's political leanings or anything else, it has no ties to atheism. You don't understand atheism.

>How am I stupid? The bible makes it clear that at the very minimum niggers are a beast and not human
White people don't make peace with 'thee' in many circumstances. Why bother asserting one group is a 'beast' based on a book written by middle easterners thousands of years ago, who you claim to hate? Lol.

NOTHING MATTERS WUBBU LUBBA DUB DUB

arabs =/= jews

> you can apply many of the verses that applies to them to Arabs too
is what i was responding to.

The words of the bible were given by God

does S.E. Cupp even have a career anymore? I think she sabotaged it by going full Never Trump. Maybe she still shows up on CNN every now and again.

GOD EXISTS, HEAVEN EXISTS, ANGELS EXIST, AND HELL EXISTS. God is your conscience and god is order of the universe. Why is there a universe, why is there energy, why is there time, why is there physics, why are there elements(and why do they all fit in a nice neat order?). GOD. I know for a FACT that heaven and hell exists because I built a web scraper, that scrapes youtube for video transcripts based on whatever you wanna search on. I search near death experience, scrape the transcripts for around 50000 near death experiences. Of the 50000, around 47000 said they went out of their body, 39k saw a bright light before seeing god (god was many different things leaving me to think god just shows up in the form you think god would look like), after seeing god all 39k said they felt indescribable love and warmth. About 10k said heaven was a planet (all blue planet), about 20k said they felt complete darkness and lonelyness before seeing the light or coming back to life (they didn't see god). So hell is the darkness and emptiness of space for all eternity, heaven is you join the ETs in peace and harmony. Being a good person is the purpose of life, it is the current step in civilization level that humans are currently fighting to get over.

Angels/greek gods/egyptian gods/mayan gods/buddhist gods/hindu gods were aliens.
youtu.be/vgavSoLMHCo?t=23

Ok. Exodus 21:

>2 “If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything. 3 If he comes alone, he is to go free alone; but if he has a wife when he comes, she is to go with him. 4 If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the woman and her children shall belong to her master, and only the man shall go free.

>5 “But if the servant declares, ‘I love my master and my wife and children and do not want to go free,’ 6 then his master must take him before the judges.[a] He shall take him to the door or the doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he will be his servant for life.

7 “If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do. 8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself,[b] he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her. 9 If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter. 10 If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights. 11 If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money.

IDK but i'd snuggle her till the cows come home

I don't know what you're trying to prove by saying this, can you explain yourself?

Do you believe in slavery being moral?

There's nothing wrong with slavery

>You don't understand atheism.

That's like saying you don't understand feminism. It's turned into a trend, a commercial campaign. It doesn't mean anything anymore, besides "fuck religion."

Well, that was easy.

The bible says if you even smite a tooth from a slave you have to set him free, there's rules regarding how you treat a slave. The slave should be thankful, he has a home, he has food if it weren't for you he might be homeless on the street.

SE Cupp is sometimes hot, then she opens her damn mouth. She is really a Democrat though.

There is inherently nothing wrong with voluntary indentured servitude, given the servants are not abused.
Slavery, that is, kidnapping is obviously morally repugnant.
Exodus 21:16
>Whoever steals a man and sells him, and anyone found sin possession of him, shall be put to death.
Clearly a wrong act.

>That's like saying you don't understand feminism
False, if i'm talking to someone who's willing to discuss the actual topic i will get their stance on the subject. Bad analogy.

You can't just grab a man off the street and make him your slave. But slavery isn't forbidden there is nothing wrong with slavery

Indentured servitude =/= slavery
People pillaging villages and taking what they want isn't what you're talking about.Not to mention the loopholes in slavery shown in the bible.

>Bad analogy.

It isn't, you're just dead set in your own view of what constitutes atheism that you can't take a step back and see what it has become.

It is a hollow marketing campaign now, no different than feminism or pride flags.

Precisely, and the bible is describing servants, not slaves as we saw during the Atlantic slave trade, who were kidnapped usually by other Africans.

By that logic islam is the true religion as its the fastest growing
Christcucks btfo

Niggers can't be slaves, they're beasts of the field, is a horse a slave? No neither is a nigger
Deuteronomy 20:14
But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the Lord thy God hath given thee.

(1) God's existence cannot be proven or disproven through the scientific method

(2) God's existence does not rely on human belief or non-belief

Food For Thought:

Thomas Aquinas: Five Ways

catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/five-ways-or-five-proofs

New Proofs For The Existence Of God: Contributions Of Contemporary Physics And Philosophy

goodreads.com/book/show/7839086-new-proofs-for-the-existence-of-god

>It isn't, you're just dead set in your own view of what constitutes atheism that you can't take a step back and see what it has become.
False. If a feminist came up to me to discuss feminism and said they agree with the definition of feminism i'd argue based on that definition.Atheism hasn't 'become' anything aside from what it is: the lack of belief in a God due to insufficient evidence of the claim. Anything else is a political stance purely divided from atheism. Sorry, you're objectively wrong.

Does Deuteronomy cancel Exodus?

It says don't steal a man, this is only for times of war though, it says kill the men and take the women, children and cattle

So the bible says you can't enslave man?

It says in war, kill the men take the women. Outside of war don't steal a man, a man can volunteer to be a slave

>Instead they decide it's useless and people are more or less good.
Them's just the edgy fedora tippers doing it cus they think it makes them look cool.

Atheism is just the next step in enlightenment after theism, when you realize that all of the religious concept of "God" on this planet are too small in their thinking.

What are you even trying to say??
Do you even english??

>Because atheists have no morals,
ironic that this is coming from a canadian

>“Now these are the rules that you shall set before them. 2 When you buy a Hebrew slave,[a] he shall serve six years"
I'm not seeing any sexual preference here.

Atheists are just not good enough. Sorry. If you deny God, I just don't trust you.

>no such thing as an atheist conservative
Considering that I am one, I'd say you're wrong about that
>biggest murderers of children on earth
If you're referring to abortion, calling anything earlier than 2nd trimester "murder" is pure hyperbole; and personally, I think that abortion should only be performed if the life of the mother is threatened.
>all atheists are rapefugee accepting cucks
only the libshits are

>It's another athiest that got btfo on another thread makes a new thread to try and straw man a point

God I want her BLACKED

Yeah, pretty much. This guy has a juvenile understanding of theism/atheism.

Don't trust me, do your own research. I don't care where it leads you, just do the research.
>Atheists are just not good enough
Elaborate.

I posted the previous thread, I'm more than happy with you or to discuss theism or atheism? I'd love to prove you wrong.

You're not good enough without God guiding your path. You know this to be true.

It doesn't necessarily mean God exists, it means atheism and secularism are maladaptive behaviors and lifestyles, while religion and traditionalism are adaptive and pro-social behaviors and lifestyles which allows humans to better fulfill their biological imperative of reproduction.

Yeah Canada went backwards since the end of the war
Are you Mexican? Youre really having this much difficult understanding me?
IN WAR YOU KILL THE MEN TAKE THE WOMEN
OUTSIDE WAR IT SAYS DONT STEAL MEN BUT YOU CAN HAVE A SLAVE OF ANY GENDER JUST DONT STEAL A FREE MAN

Why bother posting your opinion? Does this make you feel better? I'm curious.

All abortion is murder

>be atheist
>deny any conception of a singular source of objective truth, ie God
You can't be moral because that requires an objective source and standard of morality which necessarily requires the concept of a transcendent deity.
You have no morality, you merely have arbitrary and ever-shifting opinions based on feelings.

Well, besides you asking, it's just the plain truth. No man is good enough without God. Even the best of us fall short. If you have not made your personal relationship with God, you're not worthy of trust or honor.

There is a thing called religious tradition or religious culture. I dont believe in god and am not spiritual in any way however I recognize that western culture and values have a christianity as a foundation which has evolved over hundreds and thousands of years into the culture we have today (not talking about the most recent 'culture' aka jewish subversion). I like our culture and will pass it to my children.

The problem on pol is that anyone who doesnt believe in god is instantly labeled atheist. I wouldnt call myself one because atheism is not just lack of belief in god but also rejection of any tradition and culture. Like someone once said its atheism is regression to animal form forgetting what one is and forgetting ones people and culture.

>The words of the bible were given by God
Dude, no, Muslims believe their god writes books, Christians don't. The Bible is an idol fashioned of paper and ink.

>You can't be moral because that requires an objective source and standard of morality which necessarily requires the concept of a transcendent deity.
Weird how wrong you are. Aside from societal laws, I don't want to be punched in the face or stolen from. So i don't fucking do it. It's pretty simple. In short, you're objectively wrong, this argument is beyond autistic and i cannot grasp why people use it seriously.

she has a show on HLN

I see. Well, thank you for not shitposting. I was just generally curious. Luckily, though, I don't have evidence to suggest this thing exists so i'm going to keep going by my own devices.

Genuinely ask God to help you see Him. You have nothing to lose, only to gain.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Have to ever tried to sincerely pray to God and ask Him to show you a sign or something? The proof is personal.

>Aside from societal laws, I don't want to be punched in the face or stolen from.
That's not morality, that's not cleaving to transcendent abstract principles, that's mere;y avoiding consequences, that's pure utilitarianism and moral relativism, I'd barely even classify it as an ethic.

According to quantum physics, in order for our universe to have ended up where it is today, there must be a consciousness observing our universe. WIthout the observation of consciousness, no matter would have come to be. The observation of consciousness is a requirment for our universe to exist.

I used to go to those wednesday things where people would throw their hands up and cry and shit. If you think i didn't you're nuts.

Being divinely inspired does not mean written by God nor does it mean the text is infallible. While divine inspiration itself is perfect, the mortal receiving the inspiration is imperfect, fallible, subjective, possessed of free will and in a state of separation from God by virtue of not being a participant in the Beatific Vision.

Sorry, didn't mean to make what I said sound insulting. Play the game "Everything" or listen to Alan Watts. And read up on Hermeticism too. It's all enlightening.

Through years of meditation and inward searching I've come to realize that every one of the religions was limited in their thinking of what the concept of 'god' is. It's not some divine being outside our universe/realm/plane but it IS the universe and every particle and thought in it.

You mean I can't just live by a set of principles and empathy without having to worship a divine being made up by man to explain the world around him? You limit your thinking, good sir.

What if I just think people are happier if they have something to believe in?

Your moral code is relative to societal values. So, in reality, you have no real moral framework. That's why atheists are easier to subvert. If the media tells them something is correct or the right way to be, they'll follow it. There is no real morality in this sense.

It's based around wellbeing. I'm sorry you don't think so, but if you're ok with being wrong then I guess we can leave it at that.

>How does theism have a political stance atheists cannot have?
There are no political views an atheist can't have that a theist can, outside of a theocracy at least.

>Why does a population of Sup Forums believe atheism shrinking equates a God exists?

idk, it doesn't logically follow in any way though. These people are wrong.

>If you believe atheists have a reason to believe a God exists, feel free to post your proof stating a God exists.
To say that God exists would necessitate proof in order to assert. There is no definite proof for this.

To say that God does not exist implies that life came from non-life, intelligence came from non-intelligence, and that all that exists is somehow the result of an accident and chance. To assert this would also require proof, for which there is none.

Agnosticism is the only solid and defensible position, however not very inspirational.

People choose to believe in divine agency because it is the greatest form of hope available, or because too much about life and the universe seems too intricate and incredible to be the result of mere accident. Atheism doesn't really offer anything comparable other than the suggestion that you can put hope in whatever you want to, provided it's not theism.

There's a reason atheists commit suicide more often than theists. Assuming for a moment that atheists are right and there is no divine agency, theism is ironically the single most useful evolutionary accident for our species.

I didn't say written by God, I said the words were given by God

I went to church as a kid too. I never bought into any of it, and in my teen years I was a hardcore atheist, calling religious people stupid and whatnot. Then in my 20s I was backed into a corner in life and I needed help, I started praying to God. It wasn't that simple though. It took a long time of me observing and evaluating the results of prayer to finally come to the truth of God. It's not sudden, basically.

But yeah, going to church as a kid and whatnot... I did that stuff too. It's good for seeding the idea into your mind that you can pray to try and fix things, but it won't convince you until you start doing honest and sincere prayer.

Don't just take my word for it though.

>You mean I can't just live by a set of principles and empathy without having to worship a divine being made up by man to explain the world around him?
No, you can't. That your view of Transcendent and Ineffable God is a "made up man in the sky", you clearly lack the cognitive ability to develop an internally consistent standard of morality or ethical philosophy.

>If the media tells them something is correct or the right way to be, they'll follow it. There is no real morality in this sense.
Weird how we all don't believe in the same thing then? Do you wonder why you're talking with a conservative atheist and saying this, thinking its a viable discussion piece? I'm sorry you think morality is what a bunch of middle eastern people wrote down in scrolls that you interpreted to be true with your own reasoning. Theists don't agree with all of what God states as moral. If you did, slavery would still be a viable discussion in america.

Define "wellbeing", it's extremely vague and arbitrary.

>post your proof
Why don't you post your "proof", fedorafag?

Not offended, but reacting to a post on Sup Forums has a tendency to be a little more reactionary.
>It's not some divine being outside our universe/realm/plane but it IS the universe and every particle and thought in it.
This is why i'm atheist. There's no evidence to suggest this is a coherent statement. It just isn't something i can subscribe to. I'm fine with people believing what they want, I just don't.

>Slavery is bad
I think giving blacks freedom and allowing them to stay in America was bad.

We should have just shipped them back to their homelands.

You clearly didn't understand what I said and are just raging.
I said RELIGIOUS view of god was a man-made concept, not god itself.

So you've never tried honestly praying?