Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10550656/
may.2chan.net/b/res/415611788.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
strawpoll.me/10551427
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzXZOnha0A
youtube.com/watch?v=GDQoHhSzbt0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Says you. I wish I could become retarded and have retarded fun with my friends without having to worry about failing to achieve my dreams

Machi is just fine the way she is

Oh boy here we go again.
Reposting
strawpoll.me/10550656/

She just wanted to be normal

Why does this religious loli haet store?

The ride never ends.
may.2chan.net/b/res/415611788.htm

It's not as bad as Minami-ke Season 2 cause we didn't have a great season 1 yet.

>Kum-Ai Miko

A bear falls in love with a miko.

Unable to confess, Natsu is gifted by her cousin Yoshio with the miko's other phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls miko, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to Machi, she only looks at each of him with a perplexed expression on her young and innocent face. After some investigation, he finds out that the miko he called is not the same miko he fell in love with. In fact, this Machi doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the alternate universe counterpart of his crush, who has fallen in love with bear as well, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as they strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip each other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of HEATTECH.

Also, episode 13 is out: youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

So I should just delete the last episode without watching it and pretend it ended on episode 11 then right?

Yoshio is literally worse than Hitler.
>â„¢Goebbels-kun worked hard on making those propaganda posters. How could we not sacrifice the Jews?"

You know what? I had to rewatch the DJ Natsu episode and deluded myself into thinking that was the finale.

>mangaka declines to check script for anime-original ending
>ending is a complete shitfest

I wonder how long he'll regret that.

Is this a good show Sup Forums?

Yes

Well...

Ignore the anime-only ending and yes.

If your idea of a good show is a realistic depiction of crippling social anxiety disorder ruining someones life.

She's better off not knowing technology. If she learned to use the internet she will soon discover how many lewd pictures of hers are on the net.

with screenwriter committing internet suicide, this pretty much guarantees that there will be no S2, right?

I think there are two OVA eps with the DVDs.

If you have enough sense to not be overly bothered by a character's frequent failures and a bittersweet finale, it sure is.

She killed them herself, OP. She gave up all by herself, because she was still hallucinating all by herself.
The morale of the story is git gud or git out

Don't you just want to pinch her cheeks?

I haven't watched the episode myself, but from the way people have explained it it seems fucking depressing. Far from bittersweet

I feel like this whole anime was just an excuse to make fun of the people that lives in the countryside.

My wife Machi is so cute.

Can someone spoil me what happens in the end? The bear leaves?

I see it as an overreaction. It only seems depressing because we were not shown what happens next and people demonise most of the characters far from what they deserve. It is only depressing if you force yourself to believe that Machi actually got lobotomised by the village.

Yoshio gives in to the temptation and rapes Machi, then gets brutally murdered by Natsu, and Hibiki commits suicide after finding out what happened. It came out of nowhere so we're still recovering from it.

I've been out of the loop, what the fuck happened?

I've watched the final episode just now, so the whole thing about her wanting to stay in the village was made up?

And well that's the gist of the problem. They ended the show on that black comedy note.

strawpoll.me/10551427

Who do you see her as, Sup Forums?

>That final scene
>Black comedy

The ending really creeped me out

The whole show did after a while, ep1 was great but then the PTSD and bullying got real as fuck. By the end I have no fucking idea but what happened wasn't right

Wife

I don't understand the problem. Black comedy is not for everyone for sure but this series has been pretty consistent in the dark humour. To see it end this way is enjoyable if you've been happy with the stuff before it, although a bit sad.

Sure, they exaggerated her suffering in the anime ending for the purpose of the comedy but we were used to it. Overall, depressing is one of the last things that would come to mind describing this show.

No. People are overreacting because she went back to her normal life. It wasn't a great ending, with weird drama, but it wasn't bad.

Yeah but her desire to go be a city girl is gone. Was that in the manga? Kinda takes some of the fun out of it if she isn't even trying.

>she went back to her normal life

dude, she reverted to the mental state of a fucking babby

>Literally thinks everyone outside her small village hates her
>Literally thinks they were throwing rocks at her
>convinces herself of all this
>crippling social anxiety
>her coping mechanism is literally becoming retarded
>everyone is ok with this and actually gives out excuses
>the fucking bear, who should be the one most worried for Machi's mental health actually encourages this

Literally the worst ending in anime in a fucklong time

The fucking bear was afraid of losing her, in case you were sleeping through the entire show. That's why he was against her idea ever since the first episode.

Just like in the first episode right

Last few episodes were anime original. The mangaka even made a blog post saying he regrets not reading over the script.

you have to go back a few episodes and pretend the entire idol thing never happened

The anime resumes the manga at Natsu trying to record Machi's confession (because Natsu's confession to the mountain god was at the beginning of the chapter, the convenience of this situation is what makes the chapter and resolution funny.) Instead of using this scenario for laughs, the anime played everything seriously for their finale while still using the happy-go-lucky ending. The point of the chapter was to retire Machi's city-driven antics gently so the story could move on, not come to a close.

>The point of the chapter was to retire Machi's city-driven antics gently so the story could move on, not come to a close.

Shame. The antics is mainly what made the show funny for me.

Yes you can be afraid of losing someone, I fucking watched the show you retard.

But holy shit how can anyone be ok with machi coping with her crippling social anxiety by deciding to act like a retard, ignore her problems and dreams and just stay with someone that encourages such a destructive behavior?

It's honestly a horrible thing to even imagine

All the hate for Natsu, when he secure his waifu. Smart bear. And she is mindbroken.

If the anime doesn't boost manga sales? Probably for a very long time. I guarantee you either way he's going to be checking scripts if anything else he makes gets adapted.

It was less a dream than it was a decision on a whim, given how Machi never really bothered trying to learn how to be less of a hick. She just decided "I want to go to school in the city!" one day without giving it much thought.
I'd say that realizing that staying in the mountains with Natsu was a better idea counted as character growth.

She returns to technology and all that later, but it takes a break for a mini-arc and opens up more Kumade Village vs. Tamura Village conflict. The story going into this break is all that made it a useful stopping point for the anime.

>He

Manga author is a girl.

This, it's a comedy guys.

Simple, by avoiding the projection that she will be forever retarded and that her dreams are limited to going to highschool in the city. She still has a brain despite being a hick and Natsu is a huge pushover as depicted so many times. If she decides to dream some more, Natsu will allow her but will impose a set of challenges like he has done since the beginning.

>No. People are overreacting because she went back to her normal life

What's normal? Her dreams are shattered and she's still as much a nervous wreck as she ever was maybe worse and everyone is happy with that?

You should be too.

Yes, as a father, you have to realize you can't let your kid into the dangerous world of the city until they're ready. It's much better that they stay in a safe space like the village.

>Yes, as a father, you have to realize you can't let your kid into the dangerous world of the city until they're ready.

You also have to realize that your kids are going to grow up and that it's your job as parent to prepare them from the real world not shelter them from it.

Her social anxiety is not healthy and everyone should be trying to fix it. She's not gonna magically be ready one day. They have to fix her shit and they're not.

>They have to fix her shit and they're not.
Assuming it can be "fixed".

You literally described the situation of today's world. Parents don't wand to spend the time fixing it because it's hard and it's much easier to just expect them to magically be ready one day.

I really just don't know how Im supposed to feel about this ending.

Honestly Im kind of pissed.

Like they could have easily had Machi overcome her issues, and feel ready to go to the city but then remember how much she loves her home town and wants to stay because of that and not because she's emotionally broken.

That's the point. Since their village is isolated from the world, it's safe to assume that even after Natsu passes away, Machi won't ever have to worry about going to the city. It's fine for things to stay as they are.

>tfw people are mad because they hate how their life stays the same as a result of their comfort zone and know they have to move forward, but don't do so anyways

no where mad because the main character was used like a bill board and no one is doing anything to help her

Pics or didn't happen
It's a fucking comedy series.

So, I dropped this show around episode 4 by lack of interest, and heard about the ending, is it really as everyone is saying or is it an exaggeration? My tragedy boner can stop throbing, if its true i will pick this up again.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzXZOnha0A

Kumaide-Syndrome Level 4

>Paranoia and hallucinations start to appear surrounding the onset of L4,as in the case which Machi have left Kumaide for too long

But who was the queen bee tho

Grandma Fuchi

This line pretty much reveals where Machi got the "city people will throw rocks at me" delusion in the first place.

Yoshio is literally worse than Hitler.

youtube.com/watch?v=GDQoHhSzbt0

If you go into it expecting full tragedy you'll probably leave more disappointed than everyone else. You'll still get a kick out of all the bullying, though.

It's exaggerated at this point, you will only understand the hubbub as a fan in the first place.

Eh, guess I will give it a watch, the SoL wasnt bad after all.

>It's a fucking comedy series.

and?

Will there be more little girl bullying next season?

Why aren't there more rape images of her?

>75% legitimately upset by a joke series
I hope it's just the summerfags. Unbelievable.

When you see a cute anime girl suffering, it is natural to want to whiteknight her even for a comedy series. But you know what, it was in an anime that banked on her suffering all the way through to the end. It's unfortunate that it did not fit your personal opinion on what should have happened. The studio may have fucked up in the eyes of the blind fans and the author but the work is not an abomination. The ending worked and there is no objective reason why people need to pick up their naginatas and perform a war dance.

Seriously? I never watched this but is one of the saddest images I've seen all season. Comedies shouldn't make me this sad

It's just gentle bullying! Don't worry!

>whiteknight her
>not self-insert as the little girl

Disgusting.

i don't think any show will have a better ending this season.

The ending brought conclusion to everything that was built up over the course of the series. It was entertaining and it was believable.

Replace whiteknight as self-insert and my argument still stands, faggot.

That's the Japanese mentality summed up. They believe you should follow your dreams, but only if it doesn't take a long time and you won't burden others getting there. If not, give up on your dreams and/or life.

What every happen to thos 'bullied machi makes my dick go diamonds' people? Great times were had

I really doubt that he didn't check the script at all.

People realized the reality of their situations were similar to Machi's and didn't want their escapism to end where their current life is.

To be fair, the social anxiety jokes got old fast. Shit got dragged and the last few episodes just felt like a chore to watch. That being said, Natsu screaming at the gods during the penultimate episode was really fucking hilarious and probably the best part of this entire arc.

That's pretty deep user

>They believe you should follow your dreams, but only if it doesn't take a long time and you won't burden others getting there
But Yoshio followed his dreams that will take a long time and he was a burden on Machi.

2ch looks to be at least twenty times more assblasted than us at the "give up" ending, so I don't think they share that mentality.

2ch is way more NEET than Sup Forums clearly. That's why. The reality set in even harder.

I only watched up to episode 7 for now but why are people mad? I feel like whatever happened seems to be perfectly following the tone that the show set already.

It's just like the people dropping by episode 2 or 3 when they thought it would be a simple , comfy slice of life.

Autistic people can't read the tone of a show correctly.

>natsu gets to keep his machi
>machi realizes the city sucks
>shes laughing and smiling in the credits
>the post ED is literally the same as all the others
>she isn't dead

the dialog is the only thing that sucked and even then I don't know if it was the subs or not.
we laughed when machi was bullied before, at least I'm gonna keep laughing now.
they should've sacrificed her in the end to really piss off the viewers. fyi natsu probably would've killed himself if his miko left.