Anybody else reading this gem?

Anybody else reading this gem?

So Sensei is capable of healing his body? What does that make him?

Yes.
I see what you did there

The backgrounds are really one of the best things of this series. I love how surreal and lonely everything in this series feels.

Post your birthstone waifu

Creator/engineer of moon people, gems and jellyfish maybe?

I think that has been established or I might have imagined it.
But I think the true nature of the moon people might be even stranger than I expect.

Since he remembers humans maybe he got spirit as well instead of only bones.

I was kinda surprised to see that this has 150 sites on pixiv. It feels like a pretty obscure series, I didn't even expect translations at first.

Uh rereading that I come off as sarcastic, not intended.
I was genuinely expecting sensei to be flesh and blood, I guess he's at least part gem as we are shown.
This is a really mysterious series, I honestly don't really grasp what is going on.

I wonder what's left from Foss personality now. Like she\he\it lost almost everything alredy. And will Foss get spoiler's memories and personality?

I know what you mean, kazoku.

Got into this manga from a opt with the image of phos facing down that dog thing in the corridor.
Man that page had some powerful imagery.

Got into it randomly some day when i saw an update.
Binged it while it was stormy all day. Really surreal and comfy experience.

What is this? Google search aint workin

every page is literally perfect

Houseki no kuni

Actual birthstone got a character. Cute hair, can you guess the month/stone?
October/Tourmaline

I also like how the mangaka often depicts emotions by just showing facial expressions or character movement through different panels. It's sounds typical when I write it like that, but manga usually tend to make characters scream every shit out and blatantly state their emotions no matter how obvious they were, even without any words.

Apparently it's got some traction. It was nominated for the Manga Taishou, got a short animated trailer to promote the manga, and the frogs have localized it.

>and the frogs have localized it.
I should have known.
Well at least the chances are kinda high that my country will release it as well then. Only later.

Diamond is also my actual birthstone
April

Yeah, their suffering really painful

Is that from the soviet scanlation?

Yep. Amazingly but we have really based scanlation this time

I want to be the sensei.

Sensei looks clearly male. Meanwhile even the most manly gems like Antarcticite and Borts are feminine as gems dont have genders. What's up with sensei?

Gotta say, they looked funky at first but now I'm truly unnerved by the visuals of the moon people.

I want to say he's a human who managed to survive all the catastrophes by altering his body. Outside of that some combination of two of the different camps most likely bone and spirit.

>Outside of that some combination of two of the different camps most likely bone and spirit.
That's my theory as well.

This series feels more mysterious to me than most others that tried this during the last few years. I can't even imagine how this will continue but I hope it will have enough other volumes, don't want it to end quickly.

The artist is really good. I was sceptical about the low amount of detail in their style but it works really well.

Really good motion being conveyed and since most of the cast have very striking designs despite having mostly identical body types. The artist uses their unique hairstyles really well to give them more personality.

Would love an anime of this, I'm curious how they would score it.
Also the mute moon people would probably get some cool audio cue like the Dolem has operatic arias in RahXephon.
Maybe atonal sitar strums?

Maybe Shaft could make this happen. But if anyone has interest they're probably waiting for more chapters. The manga uses many panels to show faces and stuff so the content isn't that big yet.

So glad to see a thread about this one. I love Alexandrite.

I miss Cinnabar.
I just want to hug him.

I hope some humans appear eventually. Sensei was shocked when Phos mentioned humanity and it would be great to see the gems interact with something not inmortal and probably evil.

I really wonder who or what the big bad will be here anyway. And what they will do and why.

The finest taste.

Houseki is actually popular in moonland. It's one series they would like to see animated

It's fairly popular in nipland, not so much anywhere else