How do we solve the homelessness problem, specifically in San Diego?

How do we solve the homelessness problem, specifically in San Diego?

Other urls found in this thread:

crosscut.com/2017/06/homelessness-housing-crisis-seattle-vienna-solution/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

9mm

unfortunately that isn't an option

Fellow 858er here. Meet up at Convention Center? Tfw own a nice chunk of a new hotels in downtown

Isn't it?
If you kidnap one homeless person a day, the cops will literally never find out, and they certainly won't devote one red cent to investigating it.

I don't know specifically, but I do want to start an organization that educates homeless people who meet certain criteria, in order to put them back into the workforce. Although, it would not be a non-profit organization. After a homeless person is able to cover their basic needs such as housing, water, food, and electricity. They will have to pay some money into the organization. The amount depends on how much money the made off of their first official year of being independent.

Damn really? You must be ballin'

That's risky business, Mr. anarcho-capitalist. I'm not a cold blooded killer.

And what about the ones who don't want any part of your organization and its programs?

What do you do with them?

What's ur number senpai we gotta chill and politicize with other pol Bros . Drinks on me.

death squads and gas chambers

619 here
Chulajuana

>convince them you have drugs in your car
>drive to Tijuana
>drop them off
>no re entry because no ID

Homelessness is solved by putting people back to work....

People are put back to work by making businesses want to stay in a city or region so they can hire people.

The high taxes and regulations of California are doing the opposite, pushing business and jobs away to other states.

economics 101

bleach

Concentration camps.

Stop having good weather all year.

Get rid of all the fags in Hillcrest first. They are worse than the homeless.

Keep shipping them to California

>t. noncalifornian

But its a geographical problem as well... See . The 70 degree year round weather is what keeps them coming here. There is no affordable housing and most of them are perfectly content being homeless shitting in the streets and doing whatever because the police force is too understaffed to deal with them all

its an impossible problem

Depends on who's spreading the hepatitis.

>That's risky business, Mr. anarcho-capitalist. I'm not a cold blooded killer.
Fucking pleb.

Hillcrest is a bastion of degeneracy. Truly a wicked place if one ever existed.

send them back to mexico

Bring back asylums and you'd cut into it. Sure there's a lot of drug addicts, and genuine bums with slightly sore fefes that scratch out enough to eat and sleep in a warm place at night, but a good portion of homeless people are just crazies.
Make it mandatory for homeless people to be tested, find out which ones are genuine wackjobs, and send those that are to the padded rooms. Throw 50 bill at once, into a project to start a crazytown endowment in every state, same as universities have their funding, and get those wack-jobs off the streets. They aren't going to ever not be homeless, or be particularly useful to society. It'd be a relative piss-ant sum for long term at least something being done. Not a solve for all problems, or even the single problem itself entirely, but it'd start to address the issue. This society needs to segregate it's total crazies away from the sane people.

Commieblocks or enforce minimum wage. The latter will kill all jobs, particularly the tech ones and 20 million californians will flee their state leaving only chaos and destruction in their path.

.22 then, or whatever caliber is available to you

Facilitate an ice age.

cease with the gibs and they'll go somewhere else

Not sure if this is an option or would be well received.

Okay so this is a great idea and all, and say its sucessfull in the first 5 years and manages to sweep up and reform 70 percent of the homless population... what after? If you through 50 billion in hopes it will solve the problem once and for all, what happens when it doesn't and the problem just remains a constant? than we constantly have to fund these asylums?

Do you see why this is such a slippery slope?

A lot of San diego has zoning restrictions on building higher than 2 floors. Because of all the NIMBYism here, nobody would want it in their neighborhood.

All housing construction is mostly luxury houses/condos and downtown suites that sit empty because nobody can afford them yet its still more profitable for the builders to go that way because in the long run someone eventually does buy/rent and they make money.

The weather has been abnormally humid this year so maybe we are on our way.

You live in Mexico, you should know better than anyone else its beyond just the gibs.

I want them gone as much as the next person but realistically no bullets will be apart of the solution to this

9mm

That's not what it says here

crosscut.com/2017/06/homelessness-housing-crisis-seattle-vienna-solution/

redpill me on hillcrest, user

trannies and fgts everywhere

Everything can be a slippery slope. Everything can be accused of it, and every actual slippery slope that turns out to be one, is always denied. It's a crapshoot fallacy accusation going either way.
And I would say it wouldn't reform 70% of the homeless population. At best I'd wager 20% on a good day, just pulling numbers out of thin air.
Honestly I wouldn't care if it took 1 in 10 homeless people off the street. It's taking the most chronically lost causes off the street and resolves a good portion of the problem. It's an associated issue to resolving the overall problem. I want the crazies off the literal streets, and indeed out of society itself by and large. Not every homeless person is indeed mentally unstable enough to be institutionalized in that way.
But tell me this. Do you know a better solution? Because right now, homelessness and prison/jail for insane people IS the solution to people that can't function in society because they're nuts. There IS no addressing this problem. Since Reagan, the opposite is the case.
And yes, I'd imagine the problem will remain a constant. Crazy people, become homeless. Because they're crazy. They can't function. Many afterward become drug dealer funders and criminals. Because they can't function. Remove them.
I say spend a relatively small sum at once, and get whatever benefits garnered, over the long term. Provide a better alternative. If the answer is let's elect neo-hitler and gas them, well, that's nice and all. Until then let's try something more likely to fly in the meantime. We can still gas them when neo-hitler comes.

Buy them tickets to SF. They are rich smug liberals so let's just test them and see how tolerant and rich they really are. Make liberals say "uncle".
Make them give more to charity, house refugees, tolerate homeless shitting in the streets until they finally give up.

Gunpower