††††Catholicism General Thread††††

What are all of your opinions on the Roman Catholic Church? Is Christianity just a pawn of (((them))), or does their 1900 years of fierce opposition against (((them))) show otherwise? Interested in overall opinions.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liber_Gomorrhianus
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YWsU5rXDFVc
jesus-is-lord.com/cath.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=qHVmgJsp2IU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What are all of your opinions on the Roman Catholic Church?

I wish current non-pope would fuck off and leave Ratzinger to do his thing. Or die already and let cardinal Sarah do his thing.

Catholic Church is decaying, yet at the same time being reborn in small hubs. The people who still go to church in highly secularized Europe are serious. Certain new orders have no problem recruiting nuns, but strangely enough they tend to be hardcore. Soft, permissive Catholicism will die out, strong Catholicism will fold back on itself then expand again. We survived the collapse of the Roman Empire and came out triumphant. These are very dangerous times but the church is resilient. It would be good to purge and heal her from the worldly power.

reminder that if you are catholic then you are pro-Vatican

there is no way to compatibilize being catholic and not supporting vatican and priest actions and thoughts

>bible
>word of God
>set Catholic Church as his hand in Earth

#NOTMYPOPE

>Soft, permissive Catholicism will die out, strong Catholicism will fold back on itself then expand again.
Honest to God, I wouldn't mind if whatever newly reformed Catholicism comes out of this mess lets priests marry and have children. Fucking is, obviously, in human nature and isn't necessarily shameful.

But mostly I'm sick and tired of pedo-priests.

Catholics aren't Christian

Reminder that most Catholics can barely discuss what they believe.

Protestantism is the intellectual christianity. Although I admit not all protestants are intellectual

The priests don't marry because they aim to be most like Jesus.

I am seriously starting to think that people before had a much better grip on their sexuality and could see it as a dangerous force to be controlled (each kid could kill your wife when she gave birth, and each kid was a mouth to feed).
Nowadays it's all fun and games and everyone seems sex-obsessed. I don't think the choice of celibacy is bad I herently.

Tbhwys I think Jesus probably was married because a 30 y/o virgin in that day and age was just not acceptable.

Care to elaborate?

The Catholic Church is the oldest internationalist institution on the face of the Earth. It has always worked for the destruction of the people's of Europe.

All of the top US collages (Havard etc) were founded by Calvinists

>Roman Catholic Church
>Roman
It’s just Catholic Church. Every time I read an article by a Protestant that uses the term Roman before Catholic Church I know it’s garbage. The Catholic Church is the only real Christian Church. Everything else is just spiritual adultery.

And tragically the pope of today is a "liberation thelogian" (a fancy word for a Christian Marxist). The Church used to teach the people the importance of Aristotelian Natural Law, but now it is abandoning even that.

They are the cruel Roman Empire's version of Christianity,and since the Roman Empire was seeking power and more territory,which God represents them as iron,and more determined to gain power than any other world power,they made their religion that same cruel way,making it a false Christian Church.

Doesn’t matter. Christ left the keys to Peter who in turn left it to the Bishop of Rome. Even if the Church has been misguided it does not break the what Christ established. Only Christ can do that. So until He returns to create a new Church, the Catholic Church is the only true Church.

Catholic priest are required to earn a Master’s degree and many go on to earn doctorates. They are also required to learn a foreign language. Also, many religious brothers spent their time translating literature and making copies of books. They were the first nerds.

It is captured and corrupted by the joo like all institutionq they are allowed to infest.

1st Century believers didn't call themselves Catholics. I suggest you read the book of Acts

Christianity is something you live, not something you join or affiliate yourself with. Christian denominations exists so individual Christians may come together in Fellowship and worship. The denomination you choose should reflect and promote your Christian values without forcing strict dogma down your throat because this only stunts your personal experience and individual interpretation of Divinity.

...and Oxford and Cambridge were founded by Catholics.

I struggle to see the relevance.

Surely this merely indicates that the United States/Colonial America had predominantly Protestant establishments, at least on a local level (in the case of pre-revolution America).

With regard to the initial point, there is a long-established tradition of theological discourse within both Catholic clergy and laity .

I know. They were called the Followers of the Way. Peter was in charge of them. Christ asked Peter and only Peter to feed his sheep. Catholic means universal which is what the Church is.

>I struggle to see the relevance.
Your not that fuking weirdo are you?

>Protestants have no interest in education so they printed millions of bibles

>Jesus probably was married
Heresy

Could you lads give me reasoning for Pope's authority?
I know that psalm (if you call it that in English) about Jesus setting Peter's faith (at least for what I know) to be the rock upon he would build the Church.

t. convert willing Prottie

What is your opinion of the Council of Florence? Catholics use this council to argue that Orthodox people don't actually oppose heretical Catholic teachings such as Papal Supremacy, Purgatory, the Immaculate Conception or the Double Procession of the Holy Spirit.

But every Orthodox person I have encountered rejects the Council's resolutions for East-West unity.

Thoughts about the Holy Inquisition?

Don't worry about the snake.

Anyone who entertains the 'kike on a stick' meme is a fucking moron who doesn't know anything about church history and is likely some edgy teenager masturbates to anime into socks he keeps in his mum's basement while he pretentiously reads Nietzsche without understanding anything about the fundamentals of religion and philosophy Nietzsche was reacting to.

Pope is a cuck.

>What are all of your opinions on the Roman Catholic Church?
Heresy

I didn't expect that questio...
Aaaaand now I'm being burned at the stake. Great.

As a Protestant, there are things I will never like about the catholic church, but I respect them from developing Christian philosophy, art, literature, music, and culture.

>Anyone who entertains the 'kike on a stick' meme is a kike

There, fixed it. Keep the meaning of the words clean

>catholics
some good people follow it, but the leadership is full of anti-christs

Protestants aren't Christian.

reminder that you are a monkey faggot

>Is Christianity just a pawn of (((them)))
Idk user you tell me:

“Abraham is our father,” they answered.

“If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you would do what Abraham did. As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. You are doing the works of your own father.”

“We are not illegitimate children,” they protested. “The only Father we have is God himself.”

Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.” (John 8:39-47, NIV)

Denominations are cancer of Christianity. You are either Christian or larper. Jesus created Christian church, not catholic, orthodox etc.

Good times.

I hope all Dixie land convert to Catholicism, and we move headquarters there after the muslim destruction of the Vatican.
Have the Council of Deep South, with good old anathemas, and bring back the inquisition.

True. There is already a name for them that also includes you: heretics.

Why do you think I'm heretic?

You could have avoided this.

The Vatican is going to be the biggest discotheque in a couple of years, they already have the cocaine and the gay guys.

>Jesus created Christian church
citation needed

If God didn't want us to conquer this land, why did he populate it with infidels?

Checkmate Liberals.

>Fucking is, obviously, in human nature and isn't necessarily shameful.
Don't forget that several of the disciples had wives and Jesus had no problem with it aside from the obvious of putting Jesus over their wives. I don't get why this whole "You can't marry and preach of God" thing is still around.

Jesus was married
To his one holy catholic and apostolic church.

Institutional integration of Greek and Roman pedo sodomy habits in a 2000 year old hierarchical political structure that uses bizarre nitpicky fictional dogmas in order to exercise mind control over the illiterate masses.

>me, an intellectual

That does everything opposite from his teachings.
Yup, should have settled down for an asian chick instead.

Poles aren't real Catholics, they are just LARping Orthodox

I'm not catholic because it has nothing in common with Christianity

Give examples faggot.

Pedos are everywhere user, the clergy isn't that difficult from the general population in fact. If you look at the stats Protestants pastors (married men) abuse more than priests do, and teachers are even worse

>Catholics
>never refer to themselves as Christian before Catholic
>Barely identify as Christian according to the apstolic epistles and Jesus’ words anyway
>Kiddy fiddler synagogue of satan, idolatry and general sickness of heart and lack of faith in Christ
Cult of Rome indeed

This is not new, user... But neither the fight against it is.
>The Liber Gomorrhianus (Book of Gomorrah) is a book authored and published by the Roman Catholic priest St. Peter Damian circa AD 1051.[1] It is a treatise regarding the vices of the clergy, principally sodomy, and the consequent need for reform.
>In this, Petrus Damiani made an attack on homosexual practices, mutual masturbation, copulation between the thighs, anal copulation and solitary masturbation,[1] as subversive disruptions against the moral order occasioned by the madness associated with an excess of lust. He was especially indignant about priests having sexual relationships with adolescent boys. He singles out superiors who, due to excessive and misplaced piety, have been lax in their duty to uphold church discipline. He opposes the ordination of those who engage in homosexual sex and wants those already ordained dismissed from Holy Orders. Those who misuse the sacraments to defile boys are treated with particular contempt.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liber_Gomorrhianus

I want someone to prove me wrong, because I have a hard time dealing with the Peter founding the Church in Rome, him being the ‘rock.’ But perhaps this ‘rock’ doesn’t mean this Catholic orgy of ungodliness, but rather the effectiveness of Peter’s witness in the early days of the new faith.

Because you go against the revealed truth when you deny Christ's Church and go against divine authority. That is the definition of a heretic

>Hey guys, I'm a heretic who parrots the goyin friendly propaganda against Christ's Church. But even my brainwashing is unable to stop common sense. Could you come up with some crazy way to spit on Jesus so that I can keep living in my world of mindless propaganda?

Why do you assume that Christ's Church wouldn't have leaders that err? Don't you realize that even in His time the Apostles goofed?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YWsU5rXDFVc

>vatican religion
>christian

Let's start with something as simple as time keeping.

The Gregorian calendar is not an accurate timepiece, it is valid as a work schedule that is not in accordance with the celestial objects.

In the Vatican and the Catholic fate in every depiction you can see the image of what they refer to as the holy Mary which in reality is a depiction of the ancient goddess Astarte.

they practice idolatry, they take oaths, countless incidents of sodomizing

To this day they haven't even given the world a proper translation off the Holy Scripture outside of Hebrew and Greek.

you can read up more on the sect
jesus-is-lord.com/cath.htm

You sound like you worship the institution rather than God. Also, a Christian wouldn’t react in the way you did.

It sounds like I worshipGod, so I accept the divinely inspired Church and the way God gives us revealed truth through its infallibility.

A Christian would not be a retarded heretic who parrots every single protestant propaganda some random heretic has put in front of him.

Also, worshipping Mary and not GOD. Asking Mary as though she has divine power. Fucking hell, fellas, she was just a woman. The fuck is wrong with you idiots. You’ve been deceived by Satan.

Since when there are actual Christians in Croatia? I thought you are catholics too.

Actually I read the Bible and that’s how I have a difficult time dealing with your so worshipped Catholic (not Christian) institution.

I’m a Scotsman (Presbyterian) on holiday in Dubrovnik.

A true Church in some deep shit

> Don't talk to this imaginary figure
> Talk to this imaginary figure instead!

We don’t worship mary, we ask for her intercession.

That's not the point, If someone were to call themselves Christian, you would assume that they follow the teachings of said Christ trough what is written in the Holy Scripture, and if you would take a vague look on what is documented inside you would see that they are practicing the parts that are in the abomination section of the books.

Just another example of Middle Eastern ideas spreading here. Abrahams shit is a virus, also their back door politics, pedo nature, and general creepy vibe make it worse. For fucks sake its bad enough that its a religion from the land of shitskins but do they HAVE to act like them too by fucking kids? Seriously, I mean a nonpedo drug fueled orgy had the police called on them and the guy who was at the head of the shit was a top church official, fuck man.

You know we don't have some perfect innate way to read scripture, just the other day I met a non-demon who thought there's also a goddess in Heaven because Elohim is plural.

You should read some of Scott Hahn's work, he was a full on "Bible Christian", even broke his grandma's rosary, but after studying deep into it he converted to Catholicism

THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN INTERCEDE WITH GOD THE FATHER IS CHRIST OUR LORD, M8. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Catholicism has no place is America. This is protestant land.

Does you bible have the Book of Tobit included?

Your* dammit

Amen to that. Catholics, fuck off back to Rome.

>The Catholic Church is the only real Christian Church

Does yours have divine justification for rampant child molestation? The difference between us isn’t that I’m seeking truth, whereas Catholics seek to defend their wickedness. That’s not to say it’s all bad. But if you’re defending sin and not condemning it, all in the name of an earthly institution, then you need to ask where your allegiance lies. In Christ or in the Roman Catholics Paedophilic ring.

youtube.com/watch?v=qHVmgJsp2IU

Amen!

This

If you believe in the Truth then why don't you at least hear us out first? No one here is defending pedos

I can't stand catholi-cucks. Fuck off back to Rome if you're in America, faggots! Same with all u little pagan forest elfs, go make some runes you larpers.

The way to heaven is pretty easy. Put all your faith on the Lord Jesus.

That's what I did. I thank Him everyday that He gave me chance to free myself from vatican and become Christian.

Still a heresy, because it implies he was married in the past and no longer is married to his everlasting spouse, the Church.

I've come to believe that traditional Catholicism is more authentically "pagan" than neopaganism. The Church didn't erase local cultures so much as absorb them and repurpose their rituals and customs for the worship of the Christ god. Though a priest might tel you that it all comes from Israel, in reality many customs found in the mass and in prayers and private worship were taken directly from Frankish and Germanic culture, which had a massive influence on the development of Christianity from roughly the 7th-12th centuries. Local festivals and celebrations were either baptized into Christianity and made into saint's feasts, or else they had their customs absorbed into Christian festivals (see Easter). Many pagan gods and heroes and local divinities developed into saints or "martyrs" and continued to be venerated, even in their sacred groves. There are hundreds of cases of this happening- and the structure of the Church allows for this because the church "accepts" local pieties even if it won't officially claim that they are real. James Russell's "The Germanization of Early Medieval Christianity" goes into more detail on these subjects.

The Medieval Christian worldview was closer to "heathenry" than it would be to modern evangelical Protestantism. These people believed in nature spirits, local mythologies, magic objects (relics), venerated ancestors and saints, and so on, and they practiced rituals and devotions that would seem utterly pagan to a modern Protestant eye.

Then there's "folk catholicism" which tldr means Africans and Asians still worship their spooky local gods and ancestors and the church tolerates it as long as they place the Trinity above the others.

I myself am a heathen, but these studies have given me a lot to think about. I'm starting to think that if I really want to honor my ancestors and practice the European religion, maybe I should give the Church a chance and learn to appreciate their god.

Don't confuse God with Satan. Now, which mortal sin was it? Lust?

>believing in God instead of pope is sin
Papists are the biggest heretics

>Idolatry
The statues and icons are there to remind us who we’re praying to, not for worship.
>Oaths
Oh no, not muh catholics taking vows to be devout people
>sodomy
Priests are human and sometimes fall, but you are more likely to be diddled in a US public school than you are by a priest

I realized a similar thing, was interested in Neopaganism too but like you say it doesn't have a link to Tradition, and will only ever be a counter-traditional current. Plenty of Catholics wrote about the fulfillment of older pagan forms in Christianity, it's a very interesting subject I think

>Protestantism is the intellectual christianity

tip top keks m8

(((Them))) isn't a boxed off people, pretty much every person on the planet is capable of some realy devisive shit. Instead it's an idea, and so long as the ideas ryhme, they're just two sides of the same coin.

Censorship, Authoritarianism, brutality, puppet states, media influence, two or three of these are being executed by both organizations. The Catholic Church is a system of arbitrary power. The Pope isn't really holy, the cardinals are crypto-jew teir extortionists, and preists don't really have to earn shit to preach a sermon. Likewise, they encourage systems structured by arbitrary power.

Who thrives in these systems? Buy in large, jews. Can't criticize them without backlash based on thier ethnicity? That's arbitrary power, and the whole world has a scheme that incentivises those kinds of people to partake.

Even if the Catholic Church started openly opposing them, it wouldn't make a difference.

The only thing I would change or hope for I suppose is that even in joining the Church, that one could still acknowledge the ancient wisdom found in our pagan mythologies and legends. I can't really go back to "before" when I didn't believe any of these gods were real or that my ancestors are important, but I'm willing to accept that they are beneath the One God. In the beginning was the Father, who created the world and filled it with his Holy Spirit, and God became a man in the form of Christ to bring salvation. But that doesn't change the fact that there are thunder and lightning, summer and winter, holy places in nature, and so on.

Fucking papists, honestly.. just neck yourselves.

Let's talk about how they pretend to be cannibals and eat crackers as the body of Christ and drink his blood in the form of vine at the mass. The said mass is ridiculous because they address God while sitting on benches, they also treat their weird looking shaved priests as spiritual psychiatrists who they can confide in and be given a recipe for absolution, except no one can forgive your sins but God.

And the whole concept of there being a process and a final stage is just untrue, as there is only growth towards Christ, God and Holy Spirit. Also, the imposed celibacy on men, rather than it being a thing of one's own will, quite unnatural.