Anne Happy

There's still time to be Unhappy, at least once more.

Other urls found in this thread:

cuckchan.org/desu/thread/1250/
boards.fireden.net/a/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Let it go user.

It's over.

JIBUN WOOOOOOOOO

I went and rewatched the first episode and Anne does a similar smile when she throws the dog to Hibari. What does it mean?

Fuck you, it's still Thursday. Post Anne Happy.

Would you throw yourself into the flames for your favorite Anne Happy?

Ded

I dunno, I'm unhappy that Unhappy is over.

Reminder.

Hibari's misfortune was not being in love with a 2D person

It was being unable to love herself

That's it friends, it's over.

>Ded
No, the unhappys naturally rest face down. Ren does this too.

Episode 4 was the best.

HAPPY FUCKING SHIT

I ritualistically save my watching of Anne Happy for after work so I'm a bit late, but that was absolutely 10/10 masterpiece tier. I have achieved happylightenment.

It's a little corny to have her explain it, but I felt so vindicated when Anne straight up stated her view of herself as the luckiest and happiest. There's just a million fucking things I could talk about from that last episode, a lot of which underlies why the show was so good throughout the run. Like think about this for a moment, Hibari is a female character with a love interest who underwent a character development arc completely unrelated to her romantic interest. The feelings that changed for her were her perceptions of her self. It's not the most gripping thing in the world, but this is embedded in a fucking moe cute girls doing unlucky things comedy.

There better be no fucking Botan haters left. She proved once again that she can carry the team.

>hotsprings denouement with reflection and banter (also, again, somewhat basic, but I loved the use of perspective and gesturing for Anne to be almost exposing herself repeatedly during the middle of the scene)
>ED played over a catharsis slideslow
>comfy bedtime scene (note it comes after the end of the ED, think about the animation for the ED, IT'S FUCKING LUDICROUS HOW INTRICATE THIS SHOW IS)
>OP played over a callback to the first scene
>everyone gathers, goes to school, and the show ends with greetings and Timothy commenting on good vibes

The show doesn't end on a good bye. It doesn't end with them going to sleep, departing, or any other kind of down note. It literally played out the start to an infinite S2. The OP happened. It's a new morning. Everyone's at school. Happiness class is in session, forever.

Ohaiyou!

It healed me mentally.

It purified me sexually.

I wish that artist had drawn Botan in a bunny suit as well. I can't even begin to imagine how big and puffy her Botans would be given Ren's example there.

I'm pretty sure that hotsprings scene went a ways toward corrupting me sexually, actually. I didn't want to sexualize the Happys other than the teachers and Anne's mom, but when you fanservice characters one feels so deeply for already...
How can man hope to triumph against cuteness and sentimentality combined?

It was just an innocent hotsprings scene, so why is my heart so restless?

Another beach episode confirmed for S2.

Never.

Best episode ranking
1. Teru Teru Bozu
2. Finale
3. Photo taking assignment

Would be hard pressed to find another anime with so many kami eps. 3 10/10 eps right there.

post cute principal

Why is Anne so shit? she ruined the whole episode.

I gotta go Finale>Cooking/Swimming>Teru Teru Bozu

I think the Bozu episode is probably the most singularly emotional episode and sells the sappy happiness at the end for the highest price (if you count the ED+OP ultra happy finale a cheap shot that relies on the total sum of the season's work for its impact), but those other two episodes just have so much symbolic density, narrative complexity, and ideological depth that I might have to consider Anne Happy the most intelligently constructed show of all time. That's how happy I am.

But then again, the Ren-Hibiki backstory episode was one of the most adorable things I have ever seen. The photo assignment was also an immensely high quality episode.

I mean there were what, two episodes that weren't 10/10? Dice game and field trip. I could see festival getting disapproval. It doesn't fucking matter. How can one show be so good?

>She proved once again that she can carry the team.

Botan best priestess.

Are you ready, you Sup Forumsnnehappys?

it really surprised me to see there were no flat chicks in this show the moment I saw Hibiki's Hibikis

I would get lost in her Hagyus

I cried when piano version of OP played

I mean, just the simple trick of having her use her bandages to secure their grip; it's like every little narrative detail that should be there is.

Ne ne, you all noticed Hibiki didn't get lost because she had made a decision to find her friends, right? Her tsundere brush off of saying she wanted to avoid the dangerous area was the part that became lost, while her true intention to find her friends led her to them in order to contribute to saving the day. It all comes back to how her true misfortune is rooted in her inability to be true to her feelings.

I just can't express how happy this show made me. If I had to teach a class on anime or happiness, this show would be the course material.

>If I had to teach a class on anime or happiness

Are you qualified? I thought we came to the conclusion that this was Unh/a/ppy without Anne to help us overcome our faults. Though I guess the same way the rest of the cast developed with one another (instead of through Anne) may well be representative of Sup Forums as a whole, regardless of whether or not there's an Anne.

But there was an Anne, and Hibari, Botan, Hibiki, and Ren. We had a whole semester with them already, and now a new day has arrived. The first day of the rest of ours days in happiness class. The Anne I know will never leave my heart, so together into that bright morning, let's go!

More like anne bully am I right?

>implying botan isn't cuter as a squid.

>Chances of S2 is __%

INFINITE%
Did you not see how the episode left off? You're living S2 right now. We are the happiness in this world. The OP's over, it's time for the next plot to begin. Just in time for Brexit too.

Of course. Being a sacrifice for Our Goddess is the greatest honor possible.

Being that the sales didn't do particularly well and there's not enough material yet for another season, you've got to ask yourself one question.

Do you feel happy?

Well, do you user?

I wasn't the only one who cried, right? It took a while for it to hit me, I had already finished the episode in fact, but as a started recalling how much fun I had watching the show with you faggots and realizing it all had indeed come to an end I started weeping like a bitch
Feels like it was just yesterday that we all thought there was no way they could ever top episode 4, and yet they fucking did, and it only kept getting better
This thread's probably gonna be gone by the time I wake up in the morning, so thanks faggots, it was a nice ride

>realizing it all had indeed come to an end
How many more times do I have to over-analyze the finale before you people will admit that it is now an unending phenomenon of happiness? It is a perfect structural metaphor. The ED played, then the OP played and a new morning began, and now class has started.

Don't make me fucking stay up all night nursing this thread just so it's here for you in the morning.

Go to sleep, Anne. It's past your curfew.

They can eat me raw, if you catch my drift.

100%
They didn't leave you with a timololi teaser for nothing.

I feel happy that I got to hear the voice of Hara Yumi. Shame she's forever type cast as the "elegant" character trope.

Most underrated Happy

>You will never have a commando sensei who drags you kicking and screaming to happiness

;_;

Had to delete my post because of duplicate image from this post Anyhow: I feel happy that I got to hear the voice of Hara Yumi. Shame she's forever type cast as the "elegant" character trope.

Your post went through, do you have autism?

But now I feel like killing myself even more than I've ever done so
If this "unending phenomenon of happiness" is happening off screen then it is as good as over for me, I need a hug

She is pretty high tier

Ren>Anne without her limiter>Botan>Hibari>Anne with her limiter>Hibiki

It's clear that Ren's Lily Majesty can take down any female Servant and Anne's Rank EX Luck is itself an anti-world type Happy Phantasm, but can Botan defeat Servants?

It's not happening off screen; you're on-screen. Although I guess in a dialogue scene like this there would probably be cuts where you aren't on-screen. Whatever. Until your misfortune is gone, happiness class will continue.

My misfortune's slowly dying from Multiple Sclerosis and having literally no friends, all of it despite only being 18
If I'm the one on screen the viewer's better off watching literally anything else because this is bound to be depressing as fuck

We'll always be your friends, annenon. Let's meet again in the morning, and later in the next season. I'm sure we can enjoy more shows together then.

Let's see if this thread survives the night first, but I'll be sure to be there when New Game starts as well, see you there

Good night, friendo

>Hanako finally caught Timothy

ALL'S HAPPY THAT ENDS HAPPY

I liked how it just happened instead of everyone going WOW HANAKO YOU CAUGHT TIMOTHY SUGOOOOI

>you will never be tackled from behind by Anne and feel her Happies on your back
Granted, I don't think Timothy has force feedback for the loli.

Yep, simple and understated, just like the pout she does when he escapes.

Is desu storage down for anyone else?

Polite sage for off topic.

cuckchan.org/desu/thread/1250/

This is the new archive.

Did user rip all those chibis already?

From a narrative perspective I actually find it god damn amazing how much the finale weaved everything together into a nice happy basket of friendship. There's so many subtle callbacks and really clear points that show just how much the girls have grown not only as people but as friends.

I'm not sure if I'm giving this show too much credit but the writer's blood in me finds it exemplary in terms of story-telling. Like one of the best examples in using a simple premise and just god damn going ham in its execution.

>cuckchan
Really now. Fucking hell.

I thought it was fireden?

boards.fireden.net/a/

>try to search something
>Whoops, looks like something went wrong.

I'm always wary about linking others fireden with how inconsistent it has been. Previously it only archived up to 2015, then started archiving everything, then failed to upload thumbnails/images between certain dates and now the search isn't working. As shitty as it is, cuckchan is the successor to desustorage which is presumably what most people are used to using at the moment.

The admin is planning on changing the name. There's a thread on the archive dedicated to that.

Yeah, I'm a writer too. I'm happy that I'm not just going insane over nothing. Or we all have the same weakness.

Like fucking just the simple things like Botan using her bandage skills or Hanako unassumingly catching Timothy etc., almost everything had a purpose and played into the finale. I think I'm losing it as well because the more I try to recall various episodes in the show and the finale itself, the more minute details keep popping up that just keep strengthening the show's cohesiveness as a story.

I feel like rewatching this again just to see the subtleties of it all.

>Get sad that there's no OP
>Episode is really good
>End up getting to hear the OP
It's called un-happy, but it makes me very happy. I'm confused.

>final episode
>OP doesn't play
>ED plays during a montage with plenty of time left
>

>original ED animation have them all sleep together by the end of it
>after the ED montage, they're all together ready to sleep

POTTERY

And desustorage was really unreliable too, ghostposting in there always required multiple tries and images often failed to load. Fucking hell, the best option would be getting an Sup Forums-only archive as multiple people have said. Hopefully this new attempt will get a new name soon because holy fuck that's painful.

It is not unhappy, it is Annehappy
Anne being happy is a miracle of the universe.

It's the same guy that run desustorage running the new archive so it's likely to operate the exact same.

An Sup Forums only archive would be a godsend, especially since the Sup Forums transfer on desustorage / cuckchan has been moving at a snails pace due to issues with archiving and transferring other boards as well.

Things have been in shambles ever since foolz died.

I'm not a writer, but years of consuming visual and written media has made hyper anal about noticing all the little details that go into story telling. Anne Happy was a simple story, but whoever did the screenplay clearly put a lot of care into characterization and how that would tie into the big picture, especially towards the end.

If you haven't done it yet, rewatch the first episode up to the point where Hibari meets Anne and pay careful attention to the shading. I didn't notice it the first time, but this show was packed with exquisite detail pretty much from 00:00. The highest level episodes are really fucking masterpieces. I'm pretty sure you could write multiple thesis level analyses of this show.

I don't even know what it'd be like to have a background in fine arts or to know Nip. I can't imagine how many high level perceptual tricks are worked into the visuals beyond the ones my rudimentary knowledge can spot or how interesting the word choice and other such language dependent aspects could prove to be.

I will always call it Anne Happy, because that truly matches what it is. Anne and Happy.

>montage and sleepy scene end
>IT'S NOT OVER YET
>bookend scene begins, fucking graphene reinforced diamond boner
>OP starts playing as they leave their houses

What a disappointment and waste of time
Worst ending of the season

You mean how Hibari was shrouded in darkness and was always suddenly lit up by Hanako? That's a recurring theme isn't it? Last episode alone had that as well when Hanako lent her hand to her so she can sleep.

>I will always call it Anne Happy, because that truly matches what it is. Anne and Happy.
>It is not unhappy, it is Annehappy
Twas but a joke.
では,そろそろ寝ます。さらば

BOTAN IS PRETTY

>It literally played out the start to an infinite S2. The OP happened. It's a new morning. Everyone's at school. Happiness class is in session, forever.
I like this thought.

I'm going to miss Anne Happy. Anime of the season for me. The threads were great, too.

I personally blame Oonuma. It's nice to see the guy still growing as a director.

Director is Shin Oonuma who was former Shaft before making Silver Link and directing Baka to Test (whose visuals reminds me of Anne Happy).
I guess that's one thing to consider with things. It's clear he has control over colour usage and framing that he learned from Shaft. Plus the comedy directing is cute and top tier, worthy of rewatching.

A lot of his other shows have this sense of cohesive storytelling as well. Be it Rokujouma, despite the gabrage writing Rakudai, Nourin's final arc, Watamote to a lesser degree, BakaTest's backstory episodes, and god damn let's not forget both Ef and Tasogare.

I can appreciate a director that puts telling a good story first and foremost over anything else.