Catholics are the only true christians 2

Hello there.
I am the guy that posted the first part of this thread. The first part was pure bait.
Just to make some things clear. I have nothing against other branches of christianity.
I do want to become a christian myself. In that sea of shitposts I saw a lot of hardcore christians.
This is my story.
My father wanted me to choose my own path when I reach adolescence. He would support my decision.
He is not baptized and neither am I.
My mother's side of our family is catholic. I could enter the Church out of family tradition. I do respect the church for it's massive contribution in civilizing our barbaric ancestors.
I am also open to evangelic, protestant, lutheran faith.
There is an armenian church in the city where I live.
Orthodox is also a possibility but I almost know nothing about their religious rituals.
My catholic family never forced me to go to church. The few times I went to pray, it was from my free will. I am 26 now.
I genuinely mean this and I would appreciate any suggestions you guys have.
Be at peace brothers and sisters.

Other urls found in this thread:

saintdominicsmedia.com/500-years-of-protestantism-the-33-most-ridiculous-things-martin-luther-ever-wrote/
youtube.com/watch?v=MNqM7RwwELM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_syncretism
youtube.com/watch?v=LTbksEC2xVc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Madonna_of_Częstochowa
breitbart.com/london/2017/09/27/million-christians-pray-rosary-poland-border-commemorating-defeat-islam/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe I did not pick the right time to post this. Is someone actually still here at this hour.

I am not british dude. Also that church was created because Henry could not keep his wang in his pants.

>The first part was pure bait.
Why the hell would you do that, anyway? Doing so only made people who had interest in such discussion too exhausted to share anything that isn't a shitpost.

Because I wanted to draw out as much Christians as possible. Now they are triggered and when they will read this. They will be pleasantly surprised. I shall use my balkan hate threads for the same purpose.

>Is someone actually still here at this hour.
Americunts, mostly - so prepare for every denomination of Christianity on American soil going full "you will be sent to hell if you don't join mine!".

You are here too? Are you a catholic? If so, would you explain why should I join your faith?

I do repent for my rudeness and insolence. I shall never insult any christian churches.

try baptist. simplest is best

Stop hating beauty and depth.

>Are you a catholic? If so, would you explain why should I join your faith?
I'm not the example you are looking for.

You see, even though I have been baptised at infancy as a Catholic and raised as such throughout my life, currently I am at an early stage of path towards Lutheran conversion in a local parish.
And even they aren't exactly geared towards proselytism, preferring fewer candidates with stronger convictions and determination to participate in their structures over trying to grab every person of questionable faith. Therefore I cannot readily advocate joining it either if you aren't exactly sure what you want out of Christianity.

Is that a faith that came from America?

> losing apostolic succession so you can divorce

gott sei mit dir mein freund

Don't convert. If you are not satisfied with your current Catholicism, I recommend checking out the more traditional Catholic communities such as SSPX or FSSP. Saying this as a born-and-raised Protestant (Lutheranism is Protestantism).

Danke. Mit dir auch.

>flag
Your kind had become far too mired in shitposting for me to take you seriously at all. :^)

Thanks boo

We’re still a majority catholic country tho

I would do this for two purposes. Christianity is one of the symbols of the west. I am a scientist, archaeologist that excavated remains of people from many faiths. Yet I do recognize that is in our best interest to defend christianity. As for the rituals, I just want to get baptized and then participate only in praying, sometimes visiting a Mass. I would also appreciate that actively fights evil through their preachings missionaries and charity.

Let God be my witness that I am serious and prepared now.

Yuropoor Lutheranism and Catholicism is visibly different from American ones.
Contact with American protestantism is what made me consider entire reformation to be the work of the Devil for entire decade of my life. Contact with Polish Lutheran church that historically took after German one made me realise that issue lied with American parish-goers, preachers and proselytes all along.

Find your own path. Respect what came before you. Do not be led astray by evil doers.

Polish and hungarian catholics are still based.

Technically true because all baptized Christians are Catholic

I can not decide. Should I ask the Lord for a sign?

Why would you wish to be Lutheran, have you not read the rediculuous things Luther said

No. What did he write that is bad?

Interesting. How does the Lutheranism you have contacted maintain and assert authority, though? The Catholics have (until Vatican II) maintained a strong tradition for more than a thousand years... SSPX and FSSP chapters still maintain that tradition, with the Tridentine Mass among other liturgical components.

You should become Catholic
I encourage you to study church history

saintdominicsmedia.com/500-years-of-protestantism-the-33-most-ridiculous-things-martin-luther-ever-wrote/

Maybe it was humor, but it is border line blasphemy

You mean me specifically or just in general? I know the basics and they were a force for good for a long time.

Unfortunately the priests of sspx are committing mortal sins when they say mass

>saintdominicsmedia.com/500-years-of-protestantism-the-33-most-ridiculous-things-martin-luther-ever-wrote/

It's no joke, you can be damn sure that Luther is/was a heretic.

Ha. "Ok."

It sounds bizzare and almost hateful.

I'd start with Justin martyrs apology
And the epistles of ignatious
Ignatious knew the apostles

Then confessions by Saint Augustine
Also clement to the Corinthians

It is all online

>christian zionist
First time I've heard that. Is that really a thing?

Any opinions on the armenian church?

Ok thx. I shall read that.

I pray that baptized Lutherans today will either come home, or remain invincibly ignorant until death

No.....Just no.

Also, worshipping Mary and statues is against the ten commandments making catholocism highly discussable. Believing the Pope, a man chosen by men (not God), is God's replacement on earth is dispicable.

Pro tip: vatican translates to "place where the snake sleeps." + inauguration of the Pope took place in a room that looks like a serpent.

I'm going to pretend you are being sincere here. Asking Sup Forums for advice on which church is best, and how to navigate through the doctrinal differences, is probably not the best way to find an answer to your question.

Instead, as others have said, read the Bible. There are several guides to reading the bible in a year for new Christians online, I'd suggest using one as a guideline for your reading. You can start with page 1 and read till finish, but most of these guides are going to be a better method.

As far as picking a church, the congregation and its pastor are going to have a greater impact than what the church's hierarchy and organization will. All you dogmatics know this to be true, if you actually go to church. Pick one that is near you and try it out. Near to you is important, as community is a key part of church life. You should be able to tell if the church has the Holy Spirit within a few Sundays.

I heard it somewhere too but it sounds like an oxymoron.

It's known as dispensationalism
19th and 20th century theology

>The Catholics have (until Vatican II) maintained a strong tradition for more than a thousand years
You realise that Catholic dogma had only been solidified in the aftermatch of Reformation, though?
Before Luther gave Catholic church a much needed wake-up call, Catholic church was soaking up foreign, non-Christian traditions and rituals like a sponge.
Yes, Catholicism does an excellent job at keeping tradition alive - but it also does an excellent job at sustaining traditions that only served to poison it for the sole purpose of making it more inviting towards other regions of the world.

Do you really believe we worship Mary?
I always thought we gave her honor, justly due. You know being the mother of Jesus and all.

Also would not the ark of the covenant or the staff of Moses be an idol by your definition

for your blaspheme

youtube.com/watch?v=MNqM7RwwELM

Catholics used this tactic to convert barbarians. Times were desperate and christianity almost died during the Dark Ages in Europe. Many pagan rituals were modified to fit the christian narrative.

Could you provide an example?

Catholic here. I actually am going to make my first confession in 12 years and plan on receiving the sacrament of confirmation next year after being away from the church for over a decade. Attend Mass and let the Holy Spirit guide you to salvation. Think about eternity. Do you want to live forever in head or be thrown into hell? Bear in mind some of the descriptions of Hell in the Bible are similar to total oblivion like most atheists believe happens when we die.

>It's no joke, you can be damn sure that Luther is/was a heretic.

>Literally a Catholic monk who studied the Bible
>His theses were actually written in latin, instead of local language
>Theses, which were only written because Martin Luther felt that the end times aren't that far away and as such Catholic church needs to get its shit together so Jesus wouldn't find it reduced to spoiled snake-oil merchants
>Hurrrr, a HERETIC!, Durrrr

he's talking 'bout syncretism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_syncretism

Mary was simply the chosen wessel for God in a mortal body aka his son. During my visits to catholic masses I never heard the worshipping of Mary as a goddess. Those objects are holy relics.

I know catholics that pray to mary and praise her so yes i do. Also those are not idols since they are infused by God and clearly mentioned in the bible , unlike the objects and rituals performed in catholic churches which are nowhere to be found in the bible.

I'm going to stick with hell being eternal concius torment, eternal Seperation from God, and eternal destruction

>idol worshiping heretic cult with a literal kike pedophile satanist pope that is larping as Gods chosen bishop

Orthodox Christianity is closest to true Christianity.

Either one sounds horrible to me i.e. total oblivion or eternal torment. However, you cannot have both unless torment precedes eternal destruction.

Thank you!

The Christmas tree, the day of all saints (I do not know if this the correct translation). Instead of Halloween we go to cemeteries and visit the graves of our loved ones. Candles are being lit in front of crosses for the fallen without a grave.

But you do agree that God uses physical things to demonstrate his power, i.e. It wasn't Moses staff that parted the Red Sea, God using his power through Moses staff

It's unfortunate some Catholics commit idolatry, and they need proper correction, the same way some baptists believe that saying a prayer saved you

naww
youtube.com/watch?v=LTbksEC2xVc

Become Catholic AustrOP. Protestantism in Europe is dying. Soon Christians in Europe will have to return and unite around the one thing that has saved Europe time and again: the Catholic Church

pic related Basilica in Innsbruck

Hello, heretic

I have a hard time believing in eternal torment for mortals. Why would God punish us for an eternity if we do not choose for him. It would make much more sense if an unbeliever would just seize to exist (like most atheists believe)
I feel "Hell" doesnt exist and especially not on the way it is illustrated today. If it does exist it cant be meant for humans because that would make God unjust.

Someone enlighten me.

Do you care to elaborate?

catholicism is sadly sending multitudes to the lake of fire for believing a false gospel. The pope will not save anyone, nor can he forgive sins.

" when you commit sin, you are a slave to sin, and a slave is not welcome at the masters table"

Becoming fully enslaved to your sins without any hope or help from God is eternal destruction, you are destroying your self spiritualy.
Being tormented in the flames of sinful passions without the water of the spirit to cool you off

I think if you did some more research, you might find that the Christmas tree and all saints day aren't as pagan as you think

REMINDER THAT ALL SEMITIC RELIGIONS ARE NON-EUROPEAN

FUCK CHRISTIANITY, ISLAM, AND JUDAISM

But don't we need a new pope through which God can smite evil?

Lol prods pls.

>False Gospel
>The Gospels were literally collated by the Catholic Church

If you believe in the Bible, yet also believe the Catholic Church to be the anti-Christ or whatever, you believe in a book collated by the anti-Christ

Being baptized Catholic doesn't secure ones salvation

Mary is not worshipped, and the Catholic Church has never condoned it. All prayers including Mary more or less involve asking her to pray for us, not any intervention of any sort. People who do otherwise are doing it wrong.

What is Nikoljdan? Krstovdan? Mitrovdan? Petrovdan? Arandjelovdan?

The Devil preaches a counterfeit gospel of salvation by works and the brotherhood of men.

The Bible is 100% truth in its original text, men change and manipulate it. The reformation was about people finding this out because they now had access to the written bible.

Some tendrils of Catholicism lean towards it, however, like it is in our case:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Madonna_of_Częstochowa

Basically, this is the icon of Mary that is considered to be sacred by itself to the point where prostrating in its presence is said to alleviate a plethora of earthly burdens.

What do you want an elaborate on?

Original Christianity was molded and shaped to better fit as an main religion for Roman empire.

Seems about right, even God Himself became physical though Jesus.

I personally do not think Pope Francis has been a good Pope, but that does not disprove Catholicism.

A) A lot of what the media reports on Pope Francis is not true
B) The things I disagree with him on are not doctrine, and are things any Catholic can oppose him on: immigration etc
C) Christ said our faith would be tested. He never said it wouldn't be tested by others in our religion

pic related Vienna FSSP church

Than why are Protestants so divided on the results they get, it's kinda like they read their own beliefs into scripture

>wanting to reform the church was the heresy
Dropped. Luther had more than simple heirachal ideas differing from doctrine.

So then could God possibly use relecs and statues to use his power?

But the east was affected by the nikai council too? Also, what is that grotesque thing? Looks like the souls of the damned.

>protestant pole
My man of african origin

Do you have a date when that happened?

So he is a communist?

Semi related, and something hopefully all Catholic Europeans will take part in (it also triggers the protestants in here)

Comes from the based Poles,as per usual

>Poland’s bishops have urged the nation’s Catholics to join a massive rosary prayer crusade along the country’s 2,000-mile border to pray for the salvation of their country.
>Organizers say they expect up to a million people to participate in the “Rosary on the Borders” event on October 7, the anniversary of the Battle of Lepanto, where “the Christian fleet overcame the Muslim armada, saving Europe from Islamization.”

breitbart.com/london/2017/09/27/million-christians-pray-rosary-poland-border-commemorating-defeat-islam/

I would say he is just trying to be the popular pope

WEW, pagan worship in Europe had less cohesion than Pentecostalism does today.
Judging by Rome's meme-tier constructs such as Serapis or Sol Invictus, Euro-paganism would ultimately conclude in mashing everything into a single god the worship of whom would earn you nothing but Hell.

The only thing that made sense was getting apology for your sins through money. That is not christian.

This is going to be not only a glorious sight for the whole world to behold but also a spiritual attack on Progressivism and Islam. God bless the Poles, I am with them in Spirit.

>the Catholic gospel is false because it claims our works play a role in our salvation
>Catholics are damned to hell because of their wicked works

'kay

Thanks for the reaction image, memer.

Greek Orthodox church has stayed the closest to the eastern Roman church. In every way possible.
Serbian and Russian were strongly influenced by slavic paganism and communism.

Yes. Francis uses the Rural view of Christianity (which lots of lots of modern Catholics use sadly) which is just 'be nice'. Jesus never says to be nice- he says to be merciful, forgiving, and righteous, but never 'nice'. Paul wrote about taking up iron arms and making enemies of Christ feel 'bows of steel'.

Ofcourse He could but that doesnt mean objects should be idolized or be used in made up rituals which distract from God and the Gospel.

I wouldn't say that. I just think his opinions on immigration are exactly what you'd expect of an 80+ year old Argentinian son of immigrants. That's why we, as Catholics, can disagree with him.

Based

probably during the reign of constantine the great, when christianity became mainstream