It had some pretty intense scenes and I really enjoyed the cinematography and sound design in a lot of parts but ended...

It had some pretty intense scenes and I really enjoyed the cinematography and sound design in a lot of parts but ended up with an overall feeling of disappointment at the end.

What did you think about it Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fmaUWwoqEVg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Read book.

>but ended up with an overall feeling of disappointment at the end.
Every anime movie ever.

I didn't like all that info dumping and MC constantly referring to the used goods. Sure, she was really important to her, but as a viewer, I couldn't care less.

The color palette and Sawashiro were worth sticking it out though.

Hopefully Genocidal Organ doesn't shit the bed too, but my interest has been killed so hard thanks to this and Empire of Corpses.

I asked you your opinion on the movie user, not whether I should read the book or not.

Yeah the info dumping was ridiculous. Hell the whole movie was a giant info dump save for 2 or 3 scenes.

Also, it felt like i'd already seen the last scene a dozen times.

I didn't know it was a book before watching it or anything about the author so when I got that 'literary' feel during the film I definitely knew it was an adaptation and that there would be so many things left out. I thought they did a good job making it pretty, but I can't help but think there were so many scenes that felt like they needed exposition. Its a problem with all adaptations, but I still enjoyed it but I won't bother to read the book because the story seems boring once you know the twist. I was disappointed at first in how it ended then I thought it over and figured that it was pretty much leading to that all along.
After reading about the author I figure most of his works are probably worthless techwanking but I enjoyed the movie at least. The faces reminded me of a barbie cartoon in a bad way so I had to get past that.

>Every anime movie ever.

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

What made you disappointed at the end though? Because most people on earth become emotionless soulless robot-like human?

Literally /u/ the scifi movie

I really enjoyed it. It hooked me in a way not many movies can do. I could relate to the protagonist and vividly feel what she felt the whole way to the ending, which was amazingly gut-wrenching. The film had intelligence and depth handling the themes that I expected the Psycho Pass movie to do (and where it failed).

I mostly enjoyed it, but it definitely could have been a lot better. The general plot wasn't anything especially new, although I actually liked the ending. It felt like things leading up to the ending were the weakest.

I loved Miach though. We need more cute insane girls.

Looks too complicated so I passed on it. I don't really take well to philosophical ghost in the shell mumbo jumbo. Haven't really heard good things either.

Hardly.

>philosophical ghost in the shell
pretty much miach
with magical rape
and "hey maybe humanity just wants to destroy consciousness lol"
That was the entire movie.

Yeah I figured as much, not my thing.

I kinda liked it, wasn't thrilled by the slow parts but the main plotline and end got me good

The music was really good: youtube.com/watch?v=fmaUWwoqEVg

How was Empire of Corpses?

Beginning was interesting, ending was shit.

Felt pretty much the same. The ending was weak as hell and a lot of the themes of the show were never explored. The world building wasn't great either.

It felt like a shitty version of Psycho Pass in the end.

What's the matter? Not happy enough ending for you?

Would you devote your life to a lesbian Makishima?

I want to discuss classic authors and philosophers with her all night in between french kissing.

Subs when
I'm also still waiting for Corpse too.

there are torrents with hardcoded subs for it on nyaa

Oh, thanks.
Still no good subs for Empire of Corpses though it seems.

It's not about it being an unhappy ending. The final scene with MC and Miach just lacked impact imo.

Miach is made out to be such an intelligent character throughout the whole movie that showing her leaping about half naked in a torn dress like as if her mental state had regressed to that of a 7 year old just killed it for me.

Also I felt that there wasn't enough closure with Tuan either. Ok she killed Miach because she didn't want her to become an empty husk with no consciousness like the rest of the world. What about herself though? Did she stay and wither away with the rest of humanity like Miach wanted? Did she kill herself right afterwards? Did she try to stop Project Harmony but failed? I feel like it would say something about her character if we actually knew, instead of leaving it up to our imagination.

Actually not everyone. I think the gold spots on the map are areas where people where not implemented with WatchMe and MediCare(like in Old Baghdad) so they just went about their life as usual after Project harmony

Funny thing is that if that's the case there's no doubt in my mind they would enslave the ones without consciousness sooner or later. The old farts ended up making the world more prone to human animosity than a string of suicides ever could.

Thanks for reminding me that I have to watch this.

>her leaping about half naked in a torn dress like as if her mental state had regressed to that of a 7 year old just killed it for me.

Well, can't say I understand your reasoning.

>What about herself though? Did she stay and wither away with the rest of humanity like Miach wanted?

The visuals looked like she aimed at Miach's back and shot through the both of them while embracing her. Could be my miscomprehension though. She said she had no interest on the outcome of Harmony itself, though, so she definitely didn't try to stop it.

She became a human without consciousness IIRC

>The visuals looked like she aimed at Miach's back and shot through the both of them while embracing her.

Watch the scene again. Look at attached pic, unless there's something terribly wrong with my spacial awareness i don't think that could've happened.

Taking
> She said she had no interest on the outcome of Harmony itself, though, so she definitely didn't try to stop it.
into account as other user said, yeah that's probably what happened.

I attempted to mspaint my interpretation.