How would a highschool dropout's knowledge of our world let him live a life of luxury in a fantasy isekai?

How would a highschool dropout's knowledge of our world let him live a life of luxury in a fantasy isekai?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_synthesis_of_morphine_and_related_alkaloids
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It wouldn't. But he doesn't know what yet.

Most people don't drop out because they're clever or knowledgeable.

I thought Subaru dropped out for mental health reasons.

It would not, it just a naive thinking.

>mental health reasons
Aka society's pressure.

Modern knowledge only helps those who can be creative about its usage.

>implying everything known in this world would be exactly the same in the other
>failing to realize it's just characterization and fluff

The only way for a highschool dropout to live a life of luxury in a medieval society is to convince people that he's a nobleman and then bluff his way into wealth, maybe sell out your body to an old duchess.

Maybe he has pic related saved on his phone? He's definitely chuuni enough for it.

>hur dur ill show these primitives the wonders of the modern world they will all worship me as god

Makes me laugh every time, even a fucking skilled and educated man would have massive trouble never mind a useless pleb.

Basic stuff like gunpowder, flight, hygiene, pathogens, high school mathematics and physics, would already revolutionize the world.

>build a printing press with cellphone funds
>plagiarize all the anime and manga

>can't draw worth shit
>can remember the basic story lines, but fail at telling in an interesting way

Why do people think that plagiarism is easy?

Hey, all those trash web novel writers have no writing skill and still get thousands of clicks just by regurgitating some popular tropes.

>This EXACT thread again

Alright, let's get this shit started.
Layman tier:
>printing press
>hot air ballons
>bicycles(shitty one-speed ones, anyway)
Tradesman tier:
>gunpowder
>vaccination/pasturization
>basic electrical cells/generators
>selective breeding?
>lenses
Wizard tier:
>looms
>mechanical computers
>steam power
>salt farming?
>simple chemical synthesis (for laughing gas, fertilizers, ether, or various other chemicals)

Maybe that covers it.

That's wrong.
You need at least a modicum of ability to entertain others.
Literature is not the one art that anyone can just do.

It's like pointing at deviantart and saying you don't need to learn how to draw to be a successful artist. The people who congratulate the artist are children that haven't fully developed an awareness of quality yet. But you can't expect to make a living off of that. Even good artists can barely make a living off of their skills.
Bad ones can't, period.

Before photography became a thing, painters would and could live well off portrait painting. A lot of rich nobles who'd want their image captured for posterity.

Didn't we have the exact same fucking thread just a few days ago?

"isekai" generals are the new meme. Basically a disguised LN general.

I shouldn't have excluded those in my post, but since we're discussing somebody who'll be lucky if he manages to hold the brush the right way around it's a rather moot point to make.

Who needs art skill when you can trace?

Artists only became celebrities after the 18th century. Up to then they were seen as tradesmen. A random NEET wouldn't even have those skills to begin with and even if he did he wouldn't be able to live the good life.

Artists only became celebrities after durable, long lasting paint was invented. Of course sculptors were a thing since ancient Rome and probably earlier.

>mechanical computers
That would be impressive.

I feel like any noble who bought Subaru's cellphone for that purpose would have been sorely disappointed by the screen size and resolution compared to a good painting.

>not disappointed at the cell phone turning off never to be useful again

>24 years old
>studying horticulture
>gets dragged into isekai
Stat me Sup Forums.

>no fun allowed

You can have Sup Forums-fun on Sup Forums and /soc/ fun on /soc/.
That's why we have different boards.

So fantasy discussion is /soc/ okay then bud. At least say /tg/ then so you don't look like a massive newfriend.

Fantasy discussion can be Sup Forums.
It's only when you bring yourself into the discussion that it doesn't belong on Sup Forums anymore.

Nah, stop being such a sperg

Ayyy lmao

>med student
Imagine all the drugs I could prescribe, if they existed.

>prescribe
None, because that's not how it worked back then.

>You need at least a modicum of ability to entertain others.

lol no. You just need people starved for fastfood entertainment and the enthusiasm to sell yourself everywhere

>But you can't expect to make a living off of that.

And then Patreon was invented.

They don't call it self-insert for nothing.

The best you could do is invent CPR and ABCDE.

>E
Not familiar with that one.
I do DR'S ABCD

E is Exposure, expose the patient fully to look for signs of trauma, bleeding, rashes, etc.

Why is it so hard to realize that he thought this was like one of those Isekai stories where everything goes well for MC and he thought his knowledge of his lifestyle from where he came from would help him here?

He was just being overly optimistic. He even tries to check if he has super strength when the thugs try to rob him the first time.

It's concerning that he has such difficulty separating fantasy from reality. Just because he ended up in another world doesn't mean the other world plays by his light novel metarules. That's like going to Japan and seriously expecting it to be like your Chinese cartoons.

Well you usually you would never consider the very idea of being randomly brought into another world, so his enthusiasm at first is understandable .

You could become a herbalist of some kind, the best herbalist in the kingdom, since you probably know more about how to grow shit well.

Even so he seemed remarkably confident that everything would be just the way he wanted, given that he never did any cautious testing to be sure he had superpowers or super strength before waving his hands at runaway carriages or getting into street fights with roving muggers. a normal person might think "hmm, maybe I have powers now, better try out out somewhere discreet" instead of "FUCK YAH COME AT ME BRO YOLO"

Memorise:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_synthesis_of_morphine_and_related_alkaloids
then cultivate poppies.

You're set for life.

It wouldn't.

He could put his (limited) highschool economics skills to use.

What is this show

And what economics do you learn in highschool that's applicable on an individual level?

They had gunpowder during the middle ages. Flight requires a power source which in turn requires all sorts of other inventions, e.g. in terms of chemistry and most of all metallurgy (one of the most important aspects that is often overlooked). Hygiene was practised - though the underlying aspect of germs not fully understood, which changed during the 14th century already with the theory of contagion coming up. High school mathematics would be nothing impressive to medieval - let alone Renaissance mathematicians. Especially since a high school student has no idea about the academic groundwork that ties things together.

Triumph of the Will

Distillation
Pastuerization

It wouldn't, for some reason modern people think they're superior to people from less advanced societies. A modern individual may be a little less ignorant, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're stronger, smarter, or actually know shit that would help them succeed.

Modern people are typically less malnourished, have a greater capacity for abstract thought (by a significant margin), are more vulnerable to the germs that medieval people would be dealing with on a daily basis and are too reliant on the comforts that modern life brings.

There was that stupid manga where MC killed his QT side-gf for some reason with a pipe.

In it the MC concludes that he is to stupid to utilize his miniscule knowledge.

I thought he just didn't give a shit because for some reason raping his obamajimmy was the only thing on his mind.

>hang this up in your time machine
Just bring a bunch of books with you instead.

How would he avoid dying of smallpox or tuberculosis?

Find a patient (or animal) with those diseases, extract the pus from their wounds, heat-treat it then inject yourself with it.
Inoculation carries a 0.5-2% infection rate, but it beats the shit out of almost certainly dying.

Get your shots before traveling to the new world.

Teach simple math and sciences plus whatever other subjects you know in their schools

>Hurr just invent the printing press
Sure thing. You just need a way to mass produce paper and metal work so presice you would not be able to afford it or any other materials you need for this anyway

Being an educator in ore-industrial societies is a cushy job reserved for the tutors of royalty and the social elite. A basic highschool education will put you on the same level as any pre-renaissance pedagogue

>in their schools
They don't have public schools.
They have private teachers, monasteries and universities.
How will you be able to become a private teacher without any recommendations?
How will you be able to become a university professor with your lack of knowledge?
Your only option is to join a monastery, shave your head and spend the rest of your life working hard in poverty. For God.
Have fun.

>How will you be able to become a private teacher without any recommendations?
>How will you be able to become a university professor with your lack of knowledge?
You start by lecturing in the streets and public spaces, like any good sophist ought to.

Subaru's problem is more that he's been transported into the fantasy fiction of some hack writer's imagination, so every peasant is magically literate despite there being no education system. That leaves his pool of actually worthwhile knowledge limited to highschool-level math, which I'm certain he's too shit at to actually teach.

>You start by lecturing in the streets and public spaces,

Worked for Socrates

0/10
This is secondary survey stuff
DRs ABC is top tier
Only missing checking for obvious catastrophic injury

Everything else is secondary survey tier

Socrates actually knew his shit.
Also, he didn't exactly have a stellar career.

>Socrates actually knew his shit.
Pfffffffffffft

And he was murdered, user. Imagine what would happen to you if you said some stupid shit they don't agree with.

>And he was murdered
user in charge of history

This thread is pointless anyway, since he throws aside all thoughts of "living in luxury" at the mere thought of getting underneath the half-elf's skirt.

He's probably ESL and doesn't know what murder means precisely.

Dunno what to say, I was taught E after D as part of the primary survey (which when the C-spine is immobilized means you have to do a log roll to check the back)

Where has he met a magically literate peasant?

Ringa dude had handwritten signs

Could he make a living running a radio calisthenics program or is it useless because the peasants are all already very physically active?

It would be useless because why pay him for it?
Farmers have very little money to spend on such stuff.
Noblemen have trained professionals for the job.

I'm actually majoring in medicinal plants so I guess that's cool.
I actually know some guys working on the high active substance poppy selection. I helped them out a bit too so I mostly know what's up.

Step 1: get the aspirin out of willow bark and make a fortune peddling your miracle potion that is ten times better than the next guy's shitty willow bark extract.

Step 2: use your aspirin fortune to start an opium empire

Step 3: use your money to buy influence in the government and declare Opium Wars

That sounds nice and all but the thing is I don't think the same plants exist in a fantasy world. The most I could make use of is general knowledge about plant cultivation.

fuck off cancer

It wouldn't. If he was a forever alone loser otaku in the real world, he would be the same exact thing in the new fantasy world. But that wouldn't sell to the otaku that self insert into these types of stories.

You wouldn't do things differently if you were given a second chance? People can change.

>a second chance
But he can't reroll his character. There is no second chance.
His psychological issues remain. His trained behavior remains.

The one thing he has that would actually make him change is the ability to reload - and he refuses to use it to grind skills.