I voted yes to same-sex marriage in Australia, tell me why I'm wrong...

I voted yes to same-sex marriage in Australia, tell me why I'm wrong? One of the main reasons I voted yes was one the arguments on the No side relied on fear longering, lacked evidence and because I have a sister who is a lesbian and want the best for her.

Note: I'm an atheist so all arguments pertaining to religion will be ignored. I couldn't care less what the Bible thinks about sex.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RcKEej9N8xw
youtube.com/watch?v=jjPQ_jVlEnQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There are literally zero arguments for voting no.

The government should have absolutely no say in what consenting adults do behind closed doors. Simple as that.

fpbp
/thread

fags

>tell me why I'm wrong?

It's because you're a cunt.

Not an argument bitch

garbage get

If the government had no say then whos going to marry them
The church? Kek

You're encouraging mental ill people not to seek help. Shame.

>atheist
Here's where you're wrong.
Бoг нaкaжeт!

I don't even know if my postal vote is even coming or if it got lost. I kinda want to vote no just to spite SJWs but ultimately I don't give a shit.

>tell me why I'm wrong
Well, you live in the wrong hemisphere, for a start.

We're talking about marriage, not private matters

obviously good for you if this is what you want in your country

youtube.com/watch?v=RcKEej9N8xw

Because you will get the gays we have who go on the streets in thongs and weird bdsm shit.
You have chosen this future.
Have fun

>The government should have absolutely no say in what consenting adults do behind closed doors. Simple as that.
If you truly believed that marriage is a private commitment between two people and that it was none of the Government's business then you would've voted no. As is, you're simply expanding the powers of Government.
In any case, the real winners here are the divorce lawyers.

You did fine.
The more gay men feel free to come out the more straight women left.
I knew a gay guy who dated a super hot chick for 3 years... that's when he came out. Now that pussy is free again.
Imagine if it was back then?
The fucker would've married her...

You ignorant peice of shit. To dismiss religion just because you don't agree with an institution is just plain retarded. I don't see you killing people because you don't agree with the law. Another institution. Civil partnerships is all you should fucking have so you don't have to insult a person of religious beliefs because your government said he has to marry them. (Be it a vicar, priest and such) they spent their life getting to a position in religion and you want to force him to go against that by law? Go fucking die you twat

I voted no, not because I am against equal rights for any human. But faggots are not human, so to give them human rights makes no more sense than giving it to a roach.

Absolutely this.

Homosexuality is not a mental illness. Homosexuals have no control over their sexuality just like heterosexuals.

I couldn't give a shit either but my sister is a Lesbian and I want her.

Is that real? I'm right wing and I voted yes. Most of the people voting no seem to be shitskins in my view (Muslims)

Gays already do that and have been doing that for decades.

Do the gays get the same tax breaks as regular marriages? Because then your actually voting FOR the government to have a say in what two consenting adults do if you vote Yes.

If you honestly believe humans can't control sexual desires, why isn't rape legal? This is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard.

Want her to get married*. She's been with her lover for 10 years in a healthy monogamous relationship. Fuck you for thinking she doesn't deserve to get married.

They get tax breaks already with a civil union. They just want it to be actually called "Married" cause "Mug rights" are infringed.

Congratulations OP you fell for the latest political maneuver by the federal government
>fags can already gain all the legal rights of married couples through the various de facto relationship laws of the states
>Labor push this as one of their only political differences with the libs, allows them to ensnare the progressive/fag vote
>Liberals want a piece of that action but dont want to alienate their voterbase so order a referendum to drum up a mandate for themselves
Remember Labor opposing the referendum? what bullshit did they make up, oh yeah its a giant waste of time and resources? They only went that route because they couldnt tell the truth, which is 'waah Turnbull is trying to steal one of our demographics!'

It's not about religion saying gay marriage is wrong, it's that marriage is a sacrament given my the church, not the government

Rape is not a sexual orientation, homosexuality is. Do you choose to be attracted to women? If so, you might be a bisexual man.

Because it's a slippery slope of degeneracy. Next these people will call for 70 official genders, then trans rights, then pedo rights.

I got 8 letters and voted no on all of them. Fuck poofters. I'm sick of listening to their shit and if I have to be forced to listen to faggots, then it'll be listening to them crying salty tears of rage. It's gonna be fantastic when they lose.

Can't the homos just start their own religion and then have their own ceremonies? I mean why do others have to pander to them when they can just start their own? Seems they just want equality when they are clearly not equal enough to start their own

Such an impassioned argument that lacks real substantive claims. Let's replace your Christian proofs with Islam and see how that changes your attitude.

Either A) marriage is a purely religious institution, thus should have no bearing on the state or B) Marriage is a social institution that exists outside of any one religious institution.

Plus defending charlatans (god isn't real, the Bible isn't history) against those you claim are charlatans (gay people who want equal rights under a government institution) is about the most Sup Forums thing you could meme.

>Most of the people voting no seem to be shitskins in my view (Muslims)

Well it's us and the Asian Christians (they actually follow the bible)

Either way the tide will turn against this faggotry once we assume control.

THEY ALREADY HAVE CIVIL UNIONS YOU POOFTA ENABLING CUNT

>You ignorant peice of shit
really spreading the love of jesus there aren't you

Let it all rot. Vote yes. This has all happened before

As a libertarian, I agree with this.
Ignore all the JesusFags.

I've got news for ya brah; the brain can be trained to like almost anything.
You can fuck your own hand and enjoy it, your dick thinks it's inside a fucking pussy and it loves that shit - it doesn't know any better!
And it's not that big a jump to go from fucking your own hand to having some other dude toss you off.
And it's not that big a jump to go from having some other dude toss you off to having some dude suck you off.
And it's not that big a jump to go from having some dude suck you off to fucking some dude in the arse.
And while you're there you might as well let him fuck you in the arse as well!

TL;DR - you can chose to do anything and you can also chose to enjoy it.
(unless of course you're a weak faggot with no will power - like most pooftas)

you guys are like upside-down canada in more ways than one.

Homosexuality cannot be considered a sexuality of its own and certainly should not be presented as something more than a fetish. It should neither be advertised nor made to sound normal. It should be tollerated as a weird fetish, like the people obsessed with feet.

It is not unnatural, as some other animals practice it in nature, but it certainly is not a tollerable sexual orientation in and of itself because, as it is no valid mean to procreate, it puts stress on the birthrate of nations where it is widespread as well as threaten the longevity of those nations.

The issue with putting pressure on the birthrate is that it's unnecessary, as treating homosexuality as a sexual orientation of its own is a luxury of modern society, and highly irresponsible considering the declining demography of Western nations, including Australia.

If you want realistic arguments against homosexuality, consider the following:

as homosexuality is completely geared towards pleasure, and nothing else, it encourages hedonism and the search of personal gratification more than anything else. This is reinforced by a pandemic of individualistic mindsets.
The result is that the population ages drastically and there's no-one to replace the dead and the old. As a result, the state can neither finance its own functions nor pay its debts. The fact that the practice contributes to the imbalance in the general demography of Western nations is enough for homosexuality to be deemed dangerous and careless.

Can love spring between two men or two women? Probably.
Should homosexuals be beaten up and branded? Probably not.

But the practice has no reason to be encouraged through such votes.

Doesn't matter if you have a piece of paper saying you're married or not. You're still a poof.

Its degenerate, go along with it I am sure your enemies are happy.

Freudian slip you degenerate faggot?

>Acquiescing to the demands of a howling mob that didn't exist literally 5 minutes ago who are forcefully insisting we redefine the central institution upon which every healthy society is based, the family, which has already been undermined for centuries to the great and obvious detriment of society at large, and all this for no good reason other than that they want more rights for themselves regardless of whether or not it's healthy or good in the long term for our civilisation, they just want to abuse the democratic system in order for 3 minutes of gratification before they move on to the next crusade in their subversive agenda, which you will then acquiesce to once again, because you're a faggot and have no backbone
ishiggydiggy

reddit.com/r/THE_DONALD everybody

Don't you have some stairs to fall down? Or a club to get shot at?

>I have a sister who is a lesbian so I want her to abide her silly whim and die alone and unhappy instead of getting married and being a happy housewife
Stupid Sydney cuck.

Now you might not care about the future of your nation as an ethnia, this is something rather difficult to defend from a relativistic point of view, especially if you look at History in terms of how populations tend to blend with nations disappearing and appearing over the course of centuries.

But even as a relativist, you would have to agree that any reasoning that pushes you to the point of self-harm is noxious.

That's the case with homosexuality. You cannot escape the fact that most homosexuals don't contribute to the nation's birthrates. More often than not, they choose to adopt rather than to give birth, for a host of reasons.

But how happy will you be to have made homosexual marriage (= to have made homosexuality normal and acceptable as part of normality) when there isn't enough fresh, young blood to supply the state with tax money to pay for roads, healthcare, the military, the police, the debt, etc.

Either you find yourself in a situation where you actively support the slow decay and eventual fall of your state as an organisation, or you support the massive influx of unwashed foreigners that are brought there to compensate for it.

What's wrong with bringing in massive numbers of foreigners? They don't know the values, they don't know the rules, they don't necessarily know the language, and injecting them into a dying system is not going to revitalise it, because you still have to pay, in a majority of cases, to finance their integration into the work force.

you're wrong because you promote mental illness, imagine if we promoted the behaviors of schizophrenics. just imagine that shit for a minute

How is being attracted to the same sex "mental illness"? If anything, being straight is a mental illness since earth is so fucking overpopulated. More gay people please.

This won't end with homo marriage; it will just be the beginning. Commies and assorted degenerates alike are all over this and since their goal is the destruction and replacement of western civilisation I'll stick with my no vote to be on the safe side.

Whites aren't meeting replacement rates brah, turns out you're a dickhead!

Overpopulated? The west is importing hordes of third world savages just to keep up the population. Should work out great I imagine.

>being straight is a mental illness since earth is so fucking overpopulated

You're thinking like a retarded relativist again.

The Earth being overpopulated is a matter of individual states making the wrong decisions. No-one with power thinks like that, no leader would put his nation or his state at risk for the benefit of humanity in general. Some lives are worth more than others.

There aren't enough people in the West and the birthrates are too low, eventhough we could and should afford it.

There are too many people in regions of Africa and Asia that can barely support a minimal population or have been overpopulated for the longest period of time, yet they still decide to breed like rabbits.

The solution is not to bring those people to us, they are worthless to us. More of them need to die, and more of us need to breed.

Being attracted to the same sex equates to self-harm, as it does NOT result in the breeding of children. It contributes to ending bloodlines. That's bad. Homosexuality can't be anything more than a fetish, we have a duty to reproduce.

These people don't care about the slippery slope argument, they don't care that divorce rates, abortion rates, STD rates, teenage pregnancy, average number of partners, the number of trans 4 year olds and the single parent households on welfare have all exploded in the last 50 years and are wreaking havoc on society, if nothing else crippling our capacity to have children and stop ourselves going extinct, leading to the prime cause of the mass migration foreign invaders being allowed in to replace us. Nah, never mind all that, gay marriage doesn't affect them personally so why on earth should they give a hoot about it, gay marriage has nothing to do with the complete breakdown of the traditional structures put in place by natural law and followed by our ancestors for tens of thousands of years in order to decrease the odds of complete chaos and extinction, screw all that stuff, gays want marriage and we'd all may as well let them have it so they stop complaining for 5 minutes and we get to experience a moment without guilt, nevermind being a complete fucking coward.

When do we get the answer is aussies pass fag wedding

That's a good argument but hey, check out this pretty rainbow flag. 'Yes' wins again.

Everything's fine, the normal among the world can't help it that in this modern world with freedoms some people get a bit out of hand.
But you're right though, most people really don't give a shit what idiots do.

Because everyone knows it will happen eventually, so vote no for the shitpost.
Also, most of the Yes advocates are fucking dicks.

WANNA GET GLASSED, YA POOFTA CUNT?

Voting yes is the redpilled vote because it stops the fags from voting labour.

Prove. Me. Wrong.

Earth is overpopulated. Fact. I could care less about someone's damn skin color. Fact is, 7.5 billion and counting is far, far too many. Responsible people should stop having kids, yet more parasites to rapidly consume earth's dwindling resources.

Immigration is meaningless since there is no overall change in Earth's overall population - that's what you nationalists can't seem to grasp since you have no concept of economics or mathematics.

>Everything's fine
There has never been a period in history anywhere on the planet where that was true. Humans have are always in the act of desperately staving off disaster.

>white people should die out because indians and niggers are irresponsible retards
The problem could easily be solved by nuking that fucking continent but nooooooo that would be immoral.

Except the snowballing degeneracy that literally always follows. It's worth it to just remind the Marxists that they're still a minority. Give the faggots their marriage after everything has calmed down.

>I could care less about someone's damn skin color.

This is not about skin colour. This is about preserving healthy and worthy populations living in worthy nations. A French life has more worth than a Somalian life. The Somalian is most likely not going to amount to nothing, no matter where you put him.

>Immigration is meaningless since there is no overall change in Earth's overall population

What we need is to have more people in Africa and Asia die, that'll help. There is no reason for more people to die in Europe, where there are cultures, languages, infrastructures and powers to be preserved and expanded upon.

"that's what you nationalists can't seem to grasp since you have no concept of economics or mathematics"

Oh I'm all for reducing the Earth Human population. I'd let Africans and Asians die by the thousands of their own fault to allow for Europe to have more breathing space. We're currently supporting mostly useless wastes of skin.

>fpbp-ing is own post
>thread-ing is own post
everything you say is wrong

Bernardi is doing 1 million robocalls with a recorded message of him explaining the slippery slope
do you support him?

Yeah I have a sister who is lesbian too. I wanted the best too. After the vote all we've gone is down hill, now it's tranny rights next it's pedophiles. I didn't believe in the slippery slope until it happened to me. Don't let it happen to you.

you should vote yes. let them faggots be as miserable as the rest of us married idiots.

Your children will become homosexuals and they will willingly engage in prostitution with older men with HIV in exchange for drugs.

You will watch all this happen over a period of years and think back to this post. Voting no would have saved you but Karma will find its way to you user.

Enjoy watching them suck knob. Heck in a year or two you can make pedophilia legal and fuck your own kids, and a year after that post-partum abortion will become legal and you can kill your kids so nobody ever has to know.

But I'll know.

>"Give me non-religious arguments for why homosexuality is wrong"
>Receives said argument
>Ignores it
Wow OP you sure showed them.

It's an affront to what marriage originally stood for nigger. If faggots want to be together, no one's stopping them, but to give them the perks of a religious union as they continuously disparage the religion itself is fucking obscene.

Yet they still adopt kids and have surrogates? Muh overpopulation is a shit argument

It emboldens the people who wish to wipe you out.

Nah, vote yes to spite the government.

You are a fag dude

Libertarians are literal sperglords who are so obsessed with analysing deeper and deeper that they turn their backs to any greater understanding...autism cannot be redeemed

>Earth is overpopulated. Fact.
That's not a fact. That's an opinion. Learn the difference you fucking poof.
>I could care less
Fuck me you're good at baiting.
>Responsible people should stop having kids, yet more parasites to rapidly consume earth's dwindling resources.
You're one of those parasites. So kill yourself immediately.
Watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=jjPQ_jVlEnQ

fpbp & checked

Haha good one

why cant fags invent their own religion and get homoede or something in that. Christians prohibited gayhomofegs so getthefuckouttahere

Australia
Yes

our countries abandoned Christianity and now they're picking its corpse for scraps

enjoy everything that comes with encouraging faggots to be open and proud of faggotry

Did I make this too obvious?

That doesnt make it right

Maybe we deserve it for our apathy, consider it God's wrath for abandoning the sacred.

Because you have voted to piss millions of dollars, of government taxes. Up the wall. For absolutely no reason. Changing the paperwork alone will cost a packet, then there's the other law changes. So when you find there is no money available for the causes you support, you can pat your self on the back.

No fuck that god isnt real, but that doesnt mean that their special club isnt real and that fags can just enter and be like your fairy god totally said its aokay i go sodomize my friend here under your highness roof

that shit violates the NAP

Without God the government is the highest power in the country, and the government legislated that it was fine, the majority of "Christians" and even the bloody priests in your country think so too, and the minority of real priests you have are free to not attend the ceremonies.

Without a belief in God and the sacredness of the family marriage is meaningless.

I voted yes

MAXIMUM ACCELERATION

you're a fag and enabling fags and tranny freaks thanks to sjw intersectionality.

Aussies, when will the results come out? When should we expect poofta vs koala 2017?

Should the church not decide on it

Still a month or so.
I'm not 100% sure of the exact date.

>The government should have absolutely no say in what consenting adults do behind closed doors.
Which is nothing to do with marriage.

Why is this idea that sexual deviance carried out by a tiny minority of the population is just as normal and healthy for society as the real deal being shoved down our throats so hard?

Could it be the poofters are yet again pawns of cultural marxist scum on their mad quest to destroy the family?

If you want to see just how pozzed and stupid people are, look at them all voting in favour of poofter marriage and believing it's a human rights issue and that they're doing the right thing

The only people it's good for are divorce lawyers (in seven years or so) and straight people. If everyone else is brainwashed into faggotry my son won't even need to make an effort to attain Chad status. All he has to do is be straight and not act like a flaming poof and he'll be drowning in cunt

There are no tax breaks for marriage in Australia

Labor had six fucking years and told the poofs to go jump every time it came up

Only in opposition do they care about it