So we have a return to trickle down economics?

So we have a return to trickle down economics?

what could possibly go wrong?

What about it is returning to trickle down?

lowering corporation tax and tax on the very wealthy , nominally to create jobs and enhance u.s competitiveness.

they tried it in the 80's , they tried it in the 00's, it never works, infact they tried something similar in the 20's.

Every single time it results in disaster after a few years.

Trump is also trying to remove the estate tax. how many of you have an estate in excess of 500,000$?

In what world was the 80s and early 90s not the best time for the US economically in modern history?

And why the fuck should the government tax somebody's family because they died?

That was Reagan you fucking moron.

DATZ RIGHT LIBERALS. WE NEED more tax cuts for the RICH SO THAT MONEY can TRICKLE BACK DOWN TO US!

STUPID LIBERALS!! DONT YOU GET HOW IT WORKS?

We give more money to the rich, and one day, WE WILL ALL BE RICH!

SEE HOW IT WORKS?!!!!

Keep up the good work guys. Great thread.

do people in teh $37,950 to $91,900 bracket get a break? 25% is god damn ridiculous.

Serious question: is he dead now?

The 80s were only bad for niggers and Jews.

They were great for everyone else.

The early 90's were pretty bad actually. there was a recession and things stayed sluggish until the mid 90's.

The economy generally takes a term or two to fully show the signs of the policy under which it was operated.

Trickledown economics always correlates with lower quality of life for most people, an increase in the wealth gap and then a recession as rich people pay less taxes and most people have less and are less economically confident. (thats redistribution of wealth)

There is no reason that a person should be taxed because they die...but the estate tax is a sensible taxation strategy, the estate tax doesn't really affect the estates of those who are wealthy enough to have to pay it and it makes more sense than taxing a living person who isn't a millionaire even more than they already are.

>There is no reason that a person should be taxed because they die...but the estate tax is a sensible taxation strategy
Money gets taxes, not people, and for all intents and purposes the above is the same thing.

it was bush as well. its basically been the Republican plan ever since Reagan. (not conservative at all)

bush 2 couldn't call what he did trickle down economics on account of what he daddy said about it a generation before.

He's been in a coma since his heart attack.

His faggot friend is running the show now I think.

Give it to the government, I'm sure it will trickle down.

semantics aside. taxes should be higher on those who can afford to pay them and lower on those who can ill afford it.

i have no problem with the estates of millionaires being subject to another tax.... conrad hilton fuckface jnr etc etc dont have my sympathy for losing what they consider pennies in the first place.

The economy has always functioned better when more people have more buying power.

they might fix up the D+ infrastructure to at least a solid C+

employ more police, improve funding for schools... they might even not raise taxes on the lowest bracket of earners which is what is happening through this "simplification"

The lowest bracket is now 12% instead of 10%, im pretty sure trump also is trying to get rid of deductibles.

I don't think any private citizen billionaires are going to do that

Repeal the death tax completely. But first repeal the self employment tax. Lower taxes across the board for all the brackets with the greatest reduction being below 150,000

I’m confused, because Rush Limbaugh is pissed that Trump’s new plan isn’t Reaganesque because it slightly increases taxes on the wealthy while it lowers them for the middle and lower class. But here you are saying that we’re returning to trickle down economics. I’m a nationalist before anything. These billionaire fucks don’t give a rat’s ass about American workers. Fuck them. All they do is horde money, not spend it.

>lefties are against trickle down unless its the government, that they admit is a poor manager of money, doing the trickling down.

I have faith in you people.

Burn it all and we will replace you.

I'm a conservative, I believe in not skyrocketing the debt or ruining the economy by spending money on ridiculous military frivolities....infrastructure is the backbone of the economy, that has to be tended to carefully

i dont follow rush Limbaugh because he is pillhead degenerate fatass who gives my ideology a bad name.

iv been looking at the new tax proposals, as i said, by simplifying the existing code it results in a bigger tax break for the most wealthy and corporations.

if you are in the top tax bracket you will stand to save an extra few hundred thousand a year vs around 200 dollars if you make less than 50,000 g a year..

if anyone wants to correct my math then please do.

Half of the country makes around 30,000 or less and the lowest tax bracket is potentially being changed to 12% from 10 while the top tax bracket is being changed from 39 to 35%

im not a leftist.
i believe that the best way to manage the economy is by not spending money on ridiculous things that we dont need like warfare or tax cuts for the rich

>i have no problem with the estates of millionaires being subject to another tax
Most millionaires that get taxed this way are farmers and small-mid business owners. Double taxing people also ridiculous.
>they might fix up the D+ infrastructure to at least a solid C+
Infrastructure is fine in poor red states but absolute shit in rich blue states. Large city controlled by democrats have horrendous infrastructure.

>employ more police, improve funding for schools
We spend more per capita than any nation on earth, we also have the worst results. Coincidentally the decline goes back to centralizing education to the DoE

>not realizing the best way to do that is by cutting taxes and denying the gov funding

i dont care what their profession is a millionaire is a millionaire.

do the people of Flint Michigan have safe drinking water yet?.. the whole country needs excellent infrastructure of all kinds, infrastructure is the skeleton of the country.

standards and practices also have to be improved yes, retraining etc etc.... but frankly id be happier spending money on that then ...a lot of other things we spend on

The housing crisis was caused by the feds encouraging banks to give shitty loans

then why all the recessions?
this kind of tax plan has been tried, it never works

Bush 2.0
2008 2.0

A lot of things are getting updated.

>(((trickle down economics)))

good goy. you'll get your piece too! just keep working hard like a good goy.

The federal government doesn't do shit for any of that. You want better roads or more police, talk to your local government

>then why all the recessions
Federal meddling

are you saying that taxation doesn't go to pay for public amenities?

>never works
>no taxes 1776-1913
created the greatest economic power on earth
>taxation and a century of war works great
this is what leftist actually think

At 31 years old my net worth is already over 300k. How many of you poorfags plan to constantly fuck up your money so you won't have that much before you die.

So let's get this straight. You make money, taxed. You spend it, taxed. You invest it, taxed. Own property, taxed. Give it awat, taxed. After paying all these taxes, you have to pay again when you die?

(((trickle down)))

good goyim, give all the wealth to us and we'll trickle it down to you!

and people wonder why rich people dont spend their money,when using it = losing it.

Federal taxes? Fuck no. Two thirds of it is redistributed as benefits, mostly social security and medical spending.

which is generally on the wane during republican establishments... which i very much agree with by the way.

ever since Reagan the economics have always been retarded vis a vee the sensible running of a country. unnecessary, concerted wealth redistribution is bad, wherever the wealth gets redistributed.

its 2017

>which is generally on the wane during republican establishments..
Not enough. Bush could have made the housing crisis much less bad if he had put a stip to clinton era encouragement of subprime lending, but "every american should own a home". Naive.

im happy for you, i have 3 kids , im 30 and i have a phd.

I currently have around 100 k in the bank my wife has around the same albeit i will have the greater earning potential power in the future.

If I die age 80 as a millionaire I don't mind paying an estate tax as not paying it is the quintessential false economy from my kids perspective, besides, i want them to learn to have to work

i agree. financial regulation is very important.

It was the regulation which CAUSED the subprime lending and eventual debt crisis

no, it was A set of regulations regulation. not regulation as such

im out of time, i gotta go, iv enjoyed having a rational conversation that wasn't often based on memes and being edgy.

peace.