3 eps in and it's already better than SAO was ever to be. Or any .hack pace wise

3 eps in and it's already better than SAO was ever to be. Or any .hack pace wise.
Discuss any shows that share relevant concepts

Too bad the MC was total shit and the show went down the drain rather quick

But that show is shit

that's not even a TRAPPED IN A GAME show. It's just some low end fantasy that tries to force in game sounding terms to trick idiots

I watched up to the episode where Hestia WOULDN'T GIVE HIM THE FUCKING KNIFE before dropping it

Like holy fuck, why did she wait so long. That whole conflict could have been over in half the time if she hadn't kept it from him for so long

It's unexpected and that deserves some recognition besides invincible kirito like gimme a fuckin break but if the masses are fooled I guess the job was done right ayy

SAO really was no accepting either, still haven't given two fucks about season 2

Exception*

>to trick
That's like saying anything rpg related has to be the given hurr durr we stuck together ordeal

It doesn't matter which is better when both are shit.

But shit is tolerated regardless these days so it's a matter of picking the smaller turd

Well, I don't know about you, but I'd rather focus on the good stuff than argue about which shit stinks less.

>the art style
>the amazon sisters
>that emotionless elf waitress with the gams
>that ED

The show had great character and art design, but it pulled off a lot of stuff worse than in the manga and presumably the novel.

Still alright.

It can be shit and still be better than SAO, they're not mutually exclusive.

You're forgetting just how low of a bar "being better than SAO" actually is.

there's no reason to quantify stats outside of a game. Strength and skills aren't measured numerically the only reason it has any math basses at all in games is so the computer and or dungeon actual has some kind of reference to calculate damage. It's completely idiotic.

Well strength and speed can certainly be quantifiable numerically user but I agree with you regardless.

>tfw just want a game that plays like the anime, where you go to dungeons to level up as a dayjob, come back at evening to drink some beer at the bar with guild buddies and maybe talk to a waifu or two

Why no game like this exists yet?
Its perfect!

There is. It's called Dungeons and Dragons.

But D&D is for neeeeerds

Where do you think you are?

AI's capable of running D&D campaigns when