It's now safe to fuck HIV-positive people with undetectable viral loads

>Following the lead of hundreds of HIV experts and prevention organizations around the world, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) this week stated there is “effectively no risk” of an HIV-positive person with an undetectable viral load — the amount of HIV in blood — sexually transmitting the virus to an HIV-negative partner.
>Bruce Richman, executive director of the Prevention Access Campaign’s Undetectable=Untransmittable initiative, called the CDC’s statement “remarkable.”
>"This is the moment we have been waiting for,” Richman said in an interview with HIV Plus magazine. “The CDC agreed ... there is 'effectively no risk' of sexually transmitting HIV when on treatment and undetectable. The overwhelming data clearly shows that taking our medication daily protects our health and our partners.”
>The goals of the Undetectable=Untransmittable campaign are to “help reduce HIV-related stigma” and encourage people living with HIV to “initiate and adhere to a successful treatment regimen.”
>In a Dear Colleague statement, the CDC wrote that when antiretroviral therapy (ART) results in suppressing viral loads, "defined as less than 200 copies/ml or undetectable levels, it prevents sexual HIV transmission."
>"Across three different studies, including thousands of couples and many thousand acts of sex without a condom or pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), no HIV transmissions to an HIV-negative partner were observed when the HIV-positive person was virally suppressed," the statement said. "This means that people who take ART daily as prescribed and achieve and maintain an undetectable viral load have effectively no risk of sexually transmitting the virus to an HIV-negative partner."

Well? Hop to it Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

poz.com/blogger/bruce-richman
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>(((Richman)))
>(((Sopelsa)))

>HIV Plus magazine

>user I missed a day taking my hiv medication
>oops

I don't get what this Bruce Richman has to do with it, but the fact that they namedrop him means that he was somehow involved in pushing for this.

poz.com/blogger/bruce-richman

It's an incurable, terminal disease and nowadays the only people who get it are niggers and faggots, so anybody who fucks them deserves to die.

>we cant see it so it's probably fine

This has got to be the end times Jesus please hurry

It's no longer a disease but a chronic condition.
As long as you take one pill per day you can have normal life expectency.
Also there is PreP and PEP to avoid infection.

But that's wrong, you fucking retard.

t. actual physician

can we already exterminate liberals, fags and the like?

>HIV experts from around the world
>expecting me to take the word of African experts/scientists
yeah nah
>just rub some mud aad glass on your dick and let it bleed and itll drain the HIV out

>Undetectable=Untransmittable

It's equivalent to saying "I got tested yesterday and I'm clean trust me so lets bareback ok?"

I'm sure no gay has ever gotten HIV because he believed this line.

>executive director of the Prevention Access Campaign’s Undetectable=Untransmittable initiative

So... How far away are we from sex robots again guys?

Lord take me now

This has always been obvious. All the people replying as if it was a new/bad thing are uneducated about HIV.

They've been trying to meme that truvada cures aids.

It's pretty fucked up.

You know, if we just killed everyone that has AIDS or HIV, we could eradicate the disease for good. Shame that modern civilization won't allow for such pragmatism.

wrong HIV/AIDS medication destroys the liver and heart you still die a decade younger. Instead of the death certificate saying death due to AIDS complications they now say liver failure or heart disease.

PreP and PEP is going to give use a super versions of AIDS in the future that is if Africans don't first with how rampant it is on the continent.

HIV/AIDS is God's wrath poured out for sodomites and fornicators.

Once upon a time this would have angered me and then I realised the kind of people that would believe this are the people we don't want in society so good job