Was there a bigger dissapointment this season?

Was there a bigger dissapointment this season?

You being still alive.

Well, probably not.
But Habenero didn't actually get that bad.

If you remember the arguments over shit like 'why did he have a erotic self-asphyxiation machine' and 'why did they let the train in and THEN check it for zombies' and shit like that then you knew to temper your expectations.

My city gave me a price for building a bridge. Who the fuck are you?

All you had to do was read the staff list and watch the fist episode to know it was going to suck. Only idiots got hyped and expected it to be good.

So you're the fucker who lowered the bridge for the kabaneri train before checking if it had kabaneris on board

You can only be disappointed if you actually expected it to be good.

I sure as hell didn't.

Mayoiga and Kiznaiver were. Mayoiga in particular was Sup Forums's favorite the first few weeks, then it became apparent nobody would die and the plot was filled will sorts of nonsense, but not the type that is usually fun to shitpost about. It really failed to deliver even a proper trainwreck (which I think was the expectation here).
Kiznaiver was Trigger's first chance to make something that would actually be good and it failed on basically all levels except character design.
I think Kabaneri's biggest problem is just the slow pace, otherwise I feel it's more or less what people expected it to me. Certainly, for me, it wasn't really surprising except for the shitty politics of the second half.

Sakamoto.

I expected it to be shit and wasn't surprised it is.
Haifuri on the other hand is a huge mess and a lot of wasted potential

>Mayoiga and Kiznaiver
Those were called trainwrecks from day one (which is pretty fucking retarded) and watched by plenty of people just to complain about them.

Boku no hero academia. I remember when people were hyping it, but it ended being shitty

When the manga first got popular I remember people saying it wasn't just another battle shounen. Were they wrong?

Yes.

Sakamoto is the best comedy since DMC. You might have shit taste.

Kumamiko.

yes, because it was worse than that.

Ace attorney

japanese comedy is not real comedy, but instead "comfy" bullshit

there was no expectation it would be even a little good so how could anyone be disappointed by it?

While we're already throwing out bait for fun, let me use Violet Evergarden.

That's why Sakamoto is one of the best comedies in a while, because it's not "comfy" bullshit.

Re:zero
Everything except the maid twins are disappointing

For me it was Kiznaiver, I don't know why I still have faith in Mari Okada, but at least they somehow compensated it with Luluco

Yes, Kiznaiver.

I was intrigued by the concept and wanted to know what all that shit is about. In the end it was fucking nothing.

The Kizna system was completely obsolete, the story would have played out exactly the same way had those 7 just been fooled into hanging out with each other by other means like a bet or a promised price for spending the summer together.

There is no bait. Everyone ITT is right. The season was horrible. Normally I watch 10 shows but this season only 2.

I didn't think Kiznaiver was that bad but then again I really had no expectations going in.
So probably Mayoiga.

How did it dissapoint you?
Re:Zero can either meet your expectations or surpass them
Because it's an Isekai LN adaptation, so your expectations should be for it to be absolute shit
Don't answer that anons got you hyped by the way
Because each seasonal battle haremshit is also hyped by LN readers before it airs
So, yeah. I don't see how anyone intelligent would have any expectations for Re:Zero to dissapoint them

Why do people kiznaiver a fail

Why are you
spacing your posts
like this

Joker game.
Although Joker game remained good, I didn't fall for the kabaneri hype I figured it'd be shit that looks ok sometimes.
Joker game I was expecting the second coming of Rakugo in quality after the first two episodes and instead I got an unfinished novel adaption that will never get a S2, so it just feels empty because all of the cool shit hasn't happened yet.
Maybe 90 days will be good.

No. You could see exactly what it was going to be by watching the trailers.

Easily, Kiznaiver. Absolutely failure.

Haifuri. That first arc was so promising but it turned into boring moe girls (instead of exciting moe girls).

I don't know why there are so many Kiznaivers in this thread. Literally the into was enough to know it was absolute shit.

I'm not going to waste my time explaining to someone who doesn't know how to use capital letters and punctuation.
My expert analysis would go completely over your head.

He's probably from that website with up and down votes.

I'm not from that site.I'm just a retard who should look at his posts better before posting them

Mayoiga.

I think we can agree that this season was absolute bottom of the barrel trash that had, at the most, maybe 5 shows that are even worth watching much less shows that you'll remember by the end of next season

Kek this was a great season
Can you even remember anything from the previous season?

There was nothing wrong with the show. It's still pretty good

candy slut and boku no child abuse
that season was pretty awful too but it's winter so it's to be expected

They weren't exiciting enough to be called trainwrecks

Just finished Kiznaiver. It is just average. The second half is weaker than the first, and the ending resolution doesn't quite line up with the world. Its the same problem I had with Dimension W. It works on a microlevel, but, when they transition to the main point, half the season is already done. So, it is a rush to the end.

>generic apocalypse humans are the true enemy plot
>generic anime fights
>generic anime twists
>edgy music to make the most cringeworthy shit look cool
>nothing wrong

everything is generic, including you

Killer comeback, you must have felt deeply insulted hearing that your favorite anime is generic shit.

No, user. This season was great. You just need to stop focusing on stuff where Okada has any major involvement.

You're implying that your green text shittery was any better, user. That's not okay.

Civil Engineer?

I didn't even watch either of those shows beyond 2 episodes

It's a fact, day by day, nothing in your life will change

One year later, the people you talked shit about still making anime, and you still talking shit here

Glad chinese animators will still keeping anime next year. Thought they would change to korean animators completely by next year.

Winter was a mistake held together by a 7/10 like Konosuba.
Spring was summer 2015 hype that deflated even harder.

I think it's nice when a season has literally 1 or maybe 2 good shows to watch because it brings the board together

>ctrl + F "Kuma"
>Only 1 result
Yeah, that one.

Sakamoto isn't "comfy" so I dunno what you're getting at here
As far as Sakamoto is concerned though, the manga just works way better, the comic timing in the anime just feels sorta off most of the time. So as someone familiar with the manga it was a bit disappointing for me in that regard I suppose.

Honestly if people actually thought this would be a great show they've been drinking way too much of that Sony Music Marketing Kool Aid and have a terrible sense for pattern recognition and realizing how these sorts of clusterfucks usually go. It's less the disappointment of the season so much as the I fucking told you so you stupid easily hyped up fuck wits show of the season. But-but-but----it has tits and muscles a--and Sawano is doing the score, he's always amazing right?

I'd say Kumamiko was. This show turned out exactly as any person that has even been following anime for 5 years would have expected, but who expected that show to have that kind of ending.

Virtually all Aniplex run shows turn out terrible regardless of studio, staff or initial premise, news at 11.

>B-b-but there's one next season that has Yuuki Aoi in it too and the guy from Oregairu writing scripts, and LiSA is doing the theme song....fucking LiSA or something......dammit it must be good? I will watch this show anticipating something great because I'm a dumb anime fan

And so the cycle will continue unabated and everyone knows it.

Apparently you didn't see the threads and it being Sup Forumss most anticipated show despite the fact that A-1 was handling it and did it's typical shit like change the voice cast around to more popular late night anime people like Yuki Kaji and Yuuki Aoi for no clear

The character designs and visuals are deceptively unique. They gave the impression that the show would bring back some of the old school anime charm and do away with modern action anime cliches. I expected this show to stand out from the crowd, but it ended up just being another generic shounen pile of self-righteous drivel.

Kiznaiver would have been bad no matter what writer they got but perhaps not quite as hilariously melodramatic

Yeah Okada can't write about concepts like that that don't directly involve teen melodrama and/or angsting. I'm pretty sure episodes of IBO that involved space politics and or battles they just brought in an entirely different more experienced writer to try to handle them.

Yeah that's called a marketing tactic.

You can tell an anime is going to be shit if the OP/ED are done by LiSA, Garnedelia, Aoi Eir, or Claris. Did I miss anyone?

>Mayoiga
Started out pretty good, there was action and even a possible death in ep 2/3. It was shaping up to be a real trainwreck/rollercoaster. I really wanted it to end up like Valvrave (those threads were fun.) Then it went full melodrama. The train didn't even wreck, it just drove straight into the garbage bin.

>Kiznaiver
I don't even need to say anything about this.

>KLK
>Madoka
>Shit

>KLK
>not shit
I'll give you Madoka, though. That's the one exception I could think of other than Fate Zero. Urobutchi gets a pass.

>having expectations for it high enough to be disappointed
The autismo test that works every time

klk was only truly bad for like 1/4 of the show

It suffered from being too long for the amount of genuine content it had to offer. Slapstick ridiculousness can only operate under the guise of a genuine plot for about 10 episodes before it gets old. I was begging for the conclusion before the second half even began. It would have faired much better as a one core series.

It was never truly good though. It was only watchable because it was twist heavy.

Wait people actually expected this? From a music producer that has really only existed since the 90's and doesn't give a solitary shit about anything that happened before a decade ago and that they didn't do? A director that was born in 76 and just kind of idol worships Tomino and an aging sci-fi writer that hasn't put out anything good since the early 2000's and whose most popular work ever and the reason he still gets any was a mid 2000's hit at Sunrise. The only one that kind of did his job was the character designer veteran Mikimoto but character designs being 80's style can't make a show good when the rest of it's staff and producers are pants on head retarded and very much from the modern sphere of doing things which means sexy cute girls and clusterfuck go nowhere plotlines.

>old school anime charm
>generic shounen pile of self-righteous drivel
This lol

Call me retarded but I honestly expected kabaneri to be decent. Of course all that was gone after they pulled "we're the half human half enemy master race with superpowers" bullshit.

>lol

Fucking Kuma Miko.
Started as a pretty cool story about a girl trying to cope with her social anxiety. Backgrounds were really well drawn.
Turned into fucking non-canon idolshit with a pretty stupid ending.

the first like 5 episodes were mint

Those are just Aniplex's rotation of theme song artists but yeah that's usually a calling card that it's one of their shows and is probably going to suck and rely on marketing and benefits to make some money from Blu-Rays. You can add Aimer and Try-Sail as well but they aren't used nearly as much as LiSA and Garnedelia. For whatever reason LiSA and Kalafina seem to be their big go to's for openings/endings, probably because people sperg for them every single time like with Sawano. When you only have like maybe 5 major artists plus Sawano as an action composer in your rotation and keep using them over and over again for everything cause of a stubborn refusal to use anyone signed to anyone else's labels literally ever it kind of gets old fast eh?

I guess at least sometimes they manage to get one of the more decent mainstream Sony artists like Boom Boom Satellites, Abingdon Boys School or Flow but again it doesn't make the show any better.

Are you not at all familiar with Aniplex and friends swath of critical flop action/sci-fi originals going back to the top of the decade. Vivid Red Operation, Guilty Crown, Valvrave, Aldnoah.Zero? Honest question cause it seems like a lot of people really aren't yet it happens almost every year now. You'd almost swear this shows have to be trying to be bad on purpose as a sort of cynical and sick controlled experiment to see how far marketing and packaging can carry a show.

I don't look at studios. I just watch the PV and decide on that what first episode I will watch.

You might as well add that if your show is scored by Sawano it means it's guaranteed absolute shit. He's scored how many thoroughly panned yet initially hyped up shows in a row now?

Fair enough but in this case you could stand to pay more attention. Historically more people did and it served them well in weeding out some truly bad shit. It's served me pretty damn well lately since I've managed to duck out on at least 3 successive overhyped Aniplex trainwrecks in the last year or so.

>This season was the worst season of anime I've ever seen
Repeat ad infinitum, since 2006 probably? At least as far as I can remember.

His scores also begin to sound all the fucking same. I also can now freely say that putting vocals on fucking everything is absolute pleb tier.

Guilty Crown, Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill, Aldnoah Zero, Kabaneri. I feel like I'm missing a big one.

>Was there a bigger dissapointment this season?

It's not a disappointment because I expected zombies, trains, cute girls and manliness and that's exactly what I got.

Sure it's played very straight, but there's nothing wrong with that if it's executed well, which it is. Only thing that disappointed me is that Biba is too straightforward a villain.

Looking forward to Ikoma's manly sacrifice to save the town and Mumei. I'm sure we'll also get a postscript about how Ikoma's rifle tech allowed the humans to get rid of the Kabane and return to a normal life.

it reminded me of that ice train movie.. which is bullshit in itself

There is always the chance some shitty studio makes a one hit wonder so I don't want to get biased. I should have realized that Kabaneri was shit by the second episode. I don't know what was wrong with me that I didn't drop it till ep9.

Fuck off and your stupid expectation

Yeah I also expected zombies. Too bad I got "it evolved to wield katanas" and zombies that transform into sentai mecha villains.

Huh? That sounds interesting. I gotta give Kabaneri a try in that case.

This is in literally every second anime so I don't get how that sounds interesting. Contrarian hipster 4channer I guess.

Anyone who unironically uses that stupid meme word should just stop posting.

Anime objectively keeps getting worse. I blame digital animation.

Well kabaneri really didn't disappoint, it had one bad episode and came right back at it with the 11th episode, as far as i'm concerned it redeemed itself, now lets just see this crazy ass finale.

It was never disappointing though and still AOTS by far, the atom bomb lazer shit was totally out of place but besides that the show has been consistently great.

Something can only be disappointing if you were expecting something, for example we expect something entertaining from trigger, yet the put out kiznaiver possible the most boring brain dead trigger show ever, thus all the dissapointment.

Or kumamiko, which showed some interesting ideas of growth for the mc, only to back track on all that development and essentially ruin the show.

And even worse maiyoga, the threads where better than the show, everyone getting hyped for some massacare shit, turns out no one died, even the black guy came back to life.

joker game- LOL

Besides the fact that there where legit disappointing shows this season, kabaneri honestly never disappointed.

I thought kabaneri would be good but it turned out to be utter shit so I don't see how it didn't disappoint.

>LiSA is doing the theme song
aww shiieet

For which show?