Now that the season's pretty much over, we can all agree on this

Now that the season's pretty much over, we can all agree on this.

Where lives Makoto. I want to marry her.
I've got a nice garden, so she can grow her vegetables, i've got cats, nice hause in a countryside. It would be perfect.

Winter: Rakugo
Spring: Flying Witch

S A N S H A
A
N
Y
O
U

Summer: Amanchu
Fall (from what's known/announced so far): either Euphonium 2, 3-gatsu or Brave Witches

>Rakugo
I'm getting really sick of this meme.

Pandora was fucking awful what the hell
Not every show with cute girls in it is automatically AOTS

Summer will certainly be Amanchu or New Game. I hope Amanchu isn't a disappointing adaptation. I know New Game won't be disappointing as it's Doga Kobo.

Maybe go watch Rakugo so you can understand the meme.

Winter Rakugo
Spring Macross Delta.

It was cute and heartwarming as fuck in a terrible season. Its only real drawback was QUALITY.

>Not every show with cute girls in it is automatically AOTS

True, but AOTS is automatically a show with cute girls in it.

I actually agree with this.

>Flying Witch
>Literally nothing happens: The anime
>Still entertaining as fuck
How is this even possible

KonoSuba
Concrete Revolutio S2

I tried. It bored me to death.

Skilled, subtle production. The anime manages to say a lot through carefully crafted depictions of the mundane.

Magic.

I ask this myself every episode.

Winter was so shit I actually had to bring up the chart of shows just to remember which ones were actually halfway decent, and upon doing so, I cannot even bring myself to pick an AOTS from among them, because all of the shows I enjoyed were truly mediocre at best, especially when compared to Spring.

>It was cute and heartwarming
pls stop

Winter 2016 was the worst season in recent memory by a long shot. The previous two winters were also terrible, but at least 2015 had the second cour of Shirobako and 2014 had Mikakunin.

>opinions are memes
Try therapy.

Why? Those are objectively good things.

Many people on Sup Forums believe meme means "things I don't like", for some reason.

>muh all female cast shows are what define anime best

Fucking Christ. Look, anime girls get me hard but that doesn't give everything a pass.

This is AOTS runner-up.

Neither of those shows have all-female casts.

Spring was Tanaka-kun, come on.

2013 was such a great fucking year.

>all female cast
How about watching them before you come here and post?
2015 was a bad year.

why you always baiting?

Tanaka-kun was special. I'm going to miss it a lot.

2014 was a lot worse (Shirobako didn't get really good until the second cour).
>in b4 someone says an anime that looks like I drew it with my asshole while coming down off heroin was good

These all look alike.

COMFY COMFY COMFY
THAT IS ALL

Troll thread, move along.

WHY Sup Forums has a bias of always choosing slice of life shows? I'm not even going to mention that they all usually have at least 3 cute girls on the main cast, I'm just asking why it is always slice of life.

Multi-episode anime plots are nearly universally shit. Slice of life shows avoid this pitfall altogether by replacing multi-episode anime plots with episodic miniplots which are a lot easier to produce without leading to Charlotte or Glasslip-level plot fuckups. This is why the slice of life genre is the most consistently excellent anime genre.

Which year was Shirobako? Some fag changed it, I remember seeing it on one of these.

Looks like someone is using an opinion as it was a fact.

The only thing right is the it is easier to writte if you barely have any continuity or ongoing story/character development.

Well user it goes like this:
If it has action it's either shonenshit or edgy seinen shit, both of which are looked down upon by elitist fags.
If it has fantasy or mystery it is immediately going to be generic or a trainwreck.
SOL are the safe bet all in all since they don't have an overarching plot and are episodic so the show wouldn't get ruined midway by some plottwist or some bullshit that would get anons assblasted.

SoL anime don't try and fail
Other genres sometimes try very hard and fail

Sup Forums chooses the one that it most relates to

It's a meme. Some of these opinions are legitimate, NNB was probably the most popular anime of its season. But Pandora? There were only like fifty people on Sup Forums watching that show.

They're waiting for you.

It was filled with little cock teases

I sincerely hope this is a bait thread because this taste, it's just so much fucking shit. Besides hibike none of the shows posted are even worth watching.
>not konosuba for winter
>not macross delta for spring
fuck off

>Pandora
That shit was disapointing as fuck.

Flying Witch was better than macross though

it's bait

either that or OP really has shitty taste

It was boring. I dropped after six episodes because fucking nothing happened. Macross had a solid plot, a solid cast, great music, and great dogfights. Nothing else really came close.

>The only thing right is the it is easier to writte if you barely have any continuity or ongoing story/character development.
But SoLs rely on continuity. The characters and their environment have to be consistent, and if they do change, they show their work. Otherwise there's no illusion of life to be sliced.

Most shows that try to have some actual plot/design to them fail enragingly badly. For example Mayoiga , Kiznaiver and Kabaneri this season, also Haifuri turning out way less exciting than they could have been. Hype originals are when Sup Forums is at its best no doubt, but originals also often suck dick like they did this season. I've sat through at least 40 seasons of being let down over and over and over and over and over again in such fashion; often by the end of a season the shows that I actually like still incidentally are all moe SoL/comedies because they do not have plots to botch or asses to pull. Their simplicity makes them immune to the same fucking pitfalls fucking talentless, ball-less nips never seem to learn from.

That is not to say all SoL/moe is automatic gold; there definitely is a hierarchy to them and they definitely can be badly done too. For example Kitakubu, Acchi Kocchi, A-channel etc? Ok shows, but not remotely as good as Non Non or Yuyushiki. Kinmoza would also be a very inferior show if it wasn't for Karen existing (to me at least). Even so none of these shows have any of the shit that starts to drive you fucking nuts about anime. So I still like all those shows more than any of the garbage originals and forgettable harem-magic-school LNs we usually get.

That is also not to say "all SoL are automatic win" is always right, for example Ping Pong, Jinrui and Shirobako easily beat any SoLs airing those seasons. It's just most of the time promising shows fall to shit while SoLs truck on as consistently great every week. This season is a stark example of that with so much squandered potential. Even Luluco which seemed great for most of the season also shit the bed for a bit with a couple eps wasted on meta Trigger rehash.

Winter: Osomatsu-san
Spring: Super Lovers

They don't want to look like Sup Forums or reddit by liking flawed but really enjoyable anime, and so go for the one that is flawless because it has no substance at all to be flawed.

Breaking news: Pleb with shit taste bored by best anime of the year. Details at 11.

Shirobako aired during Fall 2014 and Winter 2015. Its second cour was much better than its first cour. Shirobako is 2014 AOTY, yet not Fall 2014 AOTS because of this, since we traditionally categorize anime here by the year they began airing in.

>man was bored by a boring show. more news at 11
seriously though, slice of life is so boring. the reason I watch anime is to ESCAPE this daily slog, not to emulate it.

Who the fuck places a noose right above a bed?

>in after someone says an anime that looks like I drew it with my asshole while coming down off heroin was good

>Most shows that try to have some actual plot/design to them fail enragingly badly. For example Mayoiga , Kiznaiver and Kabaneri this season
Re:Zero too.

ping pong was good

I thought AOTS was Luluco. What happened, Sup Forums?

Shorts can't be AOTS unless they're at least half-length.

Apparently people were let down by the filler season. A shame though, every single episode after that was gold.

>seriously though, slice of life is so boring. the reason I watch anime is to ESCAPE this daily slog, not to emulate it.
Are you 12yo?
Is action shit the only thing that can entertain you?
Grow up

>actual plot
>Mayoiga
I know haters like to shit on Flying Witch for "nothing happening," but Mayoiga was literally nothing happened: the anime.

But Haifuri never tried to have a serious plot.

Meme studios get ignored.

All responses that I got on this thread seems to point that you are right.

People go for what play safe with the storyline and the least ambitious shows.

I can see why someone might like it.

But in my opinion looks like people are accepting mediocrity because they fear to br desapointed with some fault that a show might have. I wouldn't really be able to live with that weird standart, but it is again, just my opinion and is fine for you too guys to don't think the same. The show about the whitches was actually pretty good on the art direction and color palette too tho.

I wonder what profissional critics on Japan say, and if their opinion os similar or different from most of Sup Forums.

First 2-3 eps it was one of the most hype shows on Sup Forums. After hamsters though interest dropped off fast. It wasn't a bad show, just felt like a bit of a bait and switch and/or the staff wasn't 100% positive what kind of show they wanted it to be.

>SoL
>not ambitious
You try making something with no plot entertaining. It's harder than you think, yet sometimes Japan manages to get it done.

>actual adults whatch cute girls doing cute things

Kek only if it is on 3d.

No, fuck you. I really don't enjoy life and I wish it was more exciting. I may be immature for feeling like that, but it's the way I am. I get it, most people would think an ideal life one of worldly success and having a nice wife and family to live a peaceful life with. But that just doesn't appeal to me, and watching a show about people just doing everyday tasks is boring as fuck.

Maybe for some people here, they hate their life because they wanted something out of this life that they couldn't get because they were denied it, but I hate my life because what I want doesn't exist in this world at all.

It is for some people. People have different tastes. Mayoiga was actually some peoples anime of the season. For some it was BnHA, or that gay ass show about the spies that all look the same.

Most of western animation is self contained episodes mate.

As the others said, it is harder and more complex to have a story grow and develop with the plot that reach a lot foi episodes. One mistake and people will bitch about it.

It isn't entertaining, unless you find everyday antic entertaining, in which case you have it's fucking nothing: the taste

Ok kid go watch Naruto or something, that's up your alley.

Looks good OP.

>what I want doesn't exist in this world at all
Yeah I know buddy, but maybe one day they will genetically engineer cat girls

You're not special for feeling that way, user. Being dissatisfied with your life doesn't preclude you from watching good anime.

This. Mikakunin was so fucking shit because they didn't know how to make something out of nothing, the same goes to the first half of Lucky Star and Tamayura.

It's just as difficult to make any single episode as emotionally powerful as, say, episodes 4 and 10 of either season of Non Non Biyori, as it is to skillfully craft a long plot.

he's gay not retarded

>Mayoiga was actually some people's anime of the season

As long as those people stay far away from me, that's fine.

Check it out party peeps, real AOTS coming through.

Where the fuck are the last two episodes of witch?

B-b-but it doesn't have anime eyes!!!

tfw Rakugo wasn't SOL in the first place and user dumped his shitty shit on the floor for no reason

SoLs aren't remotely like your actual every day experience unless you are a teenage Japanese girl. Or actually no, if you are a teenage Japanese girl your day to day life is probably nothing at all like YuruYuri or some such.

Yeah it was

they have been out user I watched them Saturday

>Rakugo
>Konosuba
>Sakamoto
>Tonkatsu DJ

How does DEEN do it?

Oily-san is my wife.

On HS.
>in b4 he fell for the fansubs are better meme

Just because it's fucking SoL and CGDCT doesn't automatically make it AOTS nor AOTY retards.

They take source material good enough that even they can't fuck it up?

>life can't be exciting unless there are dragons and shit flying around
What a sad mentality.

>Pandora
>SoL
>Flying Witch (one of its main characters is male)
>CGDCT