What is your honest opinion of the state of the anime industry?

What is your honest opinion of the state of the anime industry?

It's shit. We need more incest anime.

90% of seasonal anime have a deeper meaning than Miyazaki movies

It's incest. We need more shit anime.

Dat ass.

Love this doujin

It could be better.

Digital ruined anime

It couldn't be better.

>Digital ruined anime

This

There's still plenty of good stuff coming out, but there's a lot more shovelware coming out then there used to be.

Stagnated and lifeless due to the lack of creativity and competition.

Is that a man or a woman? These characters are too androgynous these days

i fucking need a easier way to buy anime shit

I get lack of creativity, but what do you mean by a lack of competition?

Every studio has their"thing" and they stick to it, other studios respect the others "thing" and don't step on their toes.

Jesus Christ, what a drop in quality.

It's not doing great, but more and more of the people working in it are becoming aware.
It's starting to clean itself up, even as it shits the bed more with recent digital animations.

That booty is a treasure!

Man

Moeshit. Just too goddamn moeshit.

There is so much moeshit that animation studio doest know how to make decent anime without it, just look at the new Berserk anime...

That's not the studio's fault, berserk just went moe by itself.

Agreed. It's such a treat to watch handrawn stuff now. Also harems.

Oh there's competition, and having a 'thing' doesn't exempt one from competition either.
It's just not a very pronounced competition because it doesn't matter what gets made as long as it has cute girls with swords who are in their underware at least half of the time. It's all shut ins want, and they want so much of it- enough to drown in. It's basically a free cashgrab at this point, and not making haremshounen cheaply and quickly is a bad buisness move.

Honestly? It's mostly moe garbage

There are definitely exceptions but most anime nowadays just focuses on viewer arousal rather than the quality of the animation or telling a worthwhile story

It's shit,it's always been shit,and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Could be better.

I never understood the industry and I understand it even less now.
I think that the real pros these days are CR subs, which is also a bit of a con since fansubs are pretty much dead because of that.
I'm generally fine with whatever, but I think the industry in general has gotten better over time at producing more interesting work. The people complaining about moe shows are just wrong. Moe doesn't rule the day and never has, it was always SoLs and your favorite SoL is the one you'll say isn't moeshit while you call the other guys SoL moeshit.
The industry hasn't changed as much as your tastes have. The only disturbing trend was the like eight battle school harems in a row but its over soon right?

You know absolutely shit about sales and the industry if you say this. Overlord single handedly made more money for Kodansha than any other work they've done.

You are replying to bait in a bait thread.

Why aren't the mods doing their jobs?

It's shit, but I love shit.

So this is fine.

Too many light novel adaptations and ongoing manga. Also, no one is willing to take risks anymore with anime originals.

>films
Dead
>ovas
Dead
>latenight
Market is being flooded with too many shows. Alive.
>sunday morning shit
Alive

>draw a fuccboi
>fucks bitches everywhere
Why is this allowed?

The main fanbase they have to pander to in Japan (otaku) are one of the main causes of stagnation right now in my opinion.

That's actually really good to hear.

>All these innuendos

>(And by "battle," I mean "sex")

Holy shit my sides
This doujin any good?

It's hilarious. You should read it.

>>films
>Dead

There are ton of movies being made, fujoshit especially is getting increasingly popular in movie format.

needs more traps and diversive fetishes

name?

it used to be full of pron

>what is reverse image search?
SatoSHI & TakeSHI no Futari wa PuriPuri

>>what is reverse image search?
You think people are going to try figure that out when you spoonfeed them in the next line?
You're just shooting yourself in the foot there.

>SatoSHI & TakeSHI no Futari wa PuriPuri
Not that user, but thanks a friend wanted it.

>implying I don't know of reverse image
yeah I'm not dumb got the pivix page of the artist wasn't sure if its the right one. hence asking for the name.

less LN adaptions

more manga adaptions

moe shit ruined anime

I actually haven't watched a full cour of anything since 2011. The industry has just gone to shit with so many adaptations that are obvious cashgrabs. Doing self-filtering on that broad category alone, on one hand, I'm left with series that really don't find interesting which is original anime only series, since they stick with cliches too much. The "good" adaptations, I just get bored of quick since they don't really do anything that help their case either by being too faithful to the source material or deviating too much for my tastes. OPM was probably the best adaptation done in recent years but I still didn't like it enough to finish the whole cour.

Maybe it's because my tastes changed over the years and my standards are too high but I still read and follow manga so I doubt I have something against the whole culture, unless I hate the animation medium for some reason unknown to me.