I can only suspend my disbelief so far. I'm sorry

I can only suspend my disbelief so far. I'm sorry.

You'd need like a million man crew to run a 24 km ship like this. And it wouldn't even float. The bigger the volume, the thicker the steel you'd need to keep it up. It would be too dence to float.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IRo3TmM4Ljw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

good autism

sage

It's a different universe with different physics laws user

It looks cool so who cares.

Why aren't you complaining about the physics defying alien who flies around wearing a cape? Why aren't you complaining about talking animals? Why are you choosing to complain about a boat?

In theory, they could have hulls either made of titanium or reinforced with titanium.

And the crew issue could be solved with a disturbingly dystopian off-screen lower-class that are extremely numerous and spend their entire lives in the bowels of the ships working, treated as less than human. And only the people responsible for commanding the ship know about them, whilist everyone else is kept blissfully ignorant.

Or most of the systems could be automated.

>I can only suspend my disbelief so far. I'm sorry.
That's the point. They are INTENTIONALLY making the school ships impossibly large. The schoolships aren't even needed for the story to work.

They only added the school ships in order to stop you from taking the anime too seriously. Because without the ships, there is a danger of the audience actually mistaken the anime as being something that was meant to be realistic. It isn't meant to be.

dunno, shit thread.
mods

I think he has a point but for me it was just too awesome to care about how it might actually function because they barely use the setting anyways.
Might as well be on land.
It wasn't like Strike Witches where pants don't exist for women and its used in every scene and it's a pretty cool part of the world's culture.

Thats a good point but I think they made that pretty clear making the tanks a sport, painting tanks pink, having schoolgirls engage in profitable food stands, and the angler fish dance in the snow and other nonsense.

But they're not. The school ships are stupid.

Yeah well, you don't float at all.

how about it is you who is stupid

only 2% of the human population doesn't float naturally user how did you know he was one of them?

Humans are neutrally-buoyant you stupid machine-man.

>Thats a good point but I think they made that pretty clear making the tanks a sport, painting tanks pink, having schoolgirls engage in profitable food stands, and the angler fish dance in the snow and other nonsense.
I am stating what the anime studio had told us via twitter. Without the ships, which basically makes GuP SciFi, it is almost possible to take GuP seriously. And they want to avoid that, because in the end GuP is about having fun. The school ship reveal at the end of ep 1 was all about setting the scene.

>was hoping the twist was that the world was post-apocalyptic hence the need for ships
>nope they just have them on ships for no reason
Panzer zero when?

he is a bit dense

Well, the in the BD specials they just handwaved it as they building huge-ass ships to reactivate the economy after the war

If they're just after the war those girls should be breeding children instead

>I can only suspend my disbelief so far
About an inch, by the sound of it. Seriously, this is some fucking autistic bullshit on your part.

It takes place in the current day, silly

youtube.com/watch?v=IRo3TmM4Ljw

Once, I suggested the idea of a new material that they mention several times in the show: this so-called carbon finishing that protects the tanks from live rounds.
Let's look at some of its properties:
1. It's light enough that it adds a negligible amount of weight to the tank.
2. It's thin enough to be installed between the normal tank armor and the interior of the tank with no externally visible changes.
3. It's cheap and widely available enough to be installed on all tanks.
4. It's strong enough to withstand any tank round at any distance, to the point where even huge artillery pieces aren't considered a threat to the occupants.

With this material available, it should be relatively easy to produce huge yet strong yet lightweight city-ships. Most of the ship's internal structure would probably be empty since you're not housing the people inside of it; it's mostly there just to support the top deck and house whatever power plant and engine that drives it.

Carbon coating.

Tell that to my legs. I can't float on my back to save my life. And if I blow the air out of my lungs I sink pretty fast.

This looks like a cool show what is this show called?

And does it come in dubs? I don't mind subs but sometimes I like dubs so I can watch the anime and clean at the same time.

Unfortunately I don't speak Japanese so if I want to multitask, the only choice I have is dubs! I basically listen to it like a podcast.

I love the idea of living on a ship. It's like a cruiseship on a much bigger scale. It could also be a submarine. I love submarines and one time I got to go inside a WWII Era submarine as part of a tour- it was really cramped.

Only problem would be if you're in a lower deck, then the claustrophobia would come into play.

Lurk for 2 years before posting.

I don't think so. If you don't like my post just sage and move on.

Is your post any better than mine? No. Not really. All you're doing is adding more crap for people to read.

If you'd just answered my question then you'd been fine. For the record I am a long time lurker of Sup Forums. Not of this particular board but seriously drop the attitude you are not impressing anyone with your better than they attitude.

Lurk for 2 years before posting.

Never seen the show (looks cute, though), but why even bother with the ships? Why not just have it all take place on land?

Shitstains that can't google needs to fuck off.

Are you into Star Wars or something with 250000 man crews for star destroyers? Just cause it's big doesn't mean it needs a big crew. The Loli crew knows what to do. Just deal with it.

Lolis shouldn't be put into dangerous situations!

It's not floating.
It has wheels underneath.

Which anime is this?

Boku no google reverse image search.