So, is Subaru supposed to be this really unlikeable dipshit or...

So, is Subaru supposed to be this really unlikeable dipshit or...? I can't tell if this is the author masterfully making the most annoying realistic neet asshole or if I'm supposed to relate to him.
Why did it take people this long to start shitting on him? What was Emilia's reasoning for even putting up with his shit the first time around?

>super outgoing neet
>realistic

Super outgoing, over-confident and brash neet that makes a complete fool of himself at all times and is a moron.

It's like whoever wrote this shit picked up all the bad traits of a jock and a neet and united them together.

neet by choice

>he started yet another thread
>Why did it take people this long to start shitting on him?
Because they self-insert.
>What was Emilia's reasoning for even putting up with his shit the first time around?
Because she's nice and very patient with him, contrary to what some Sup Forumsutists would claim.

How many Subaru threads are you all going to make until next expisode?

SAGE ALL BAIT THREADS

I think OP is talking about the people in the show, not us.

Bait? If they're going to talk about anime then let them.

what happened?

I think this is just a taster of the next 3 months on Sup Forums

>What was Emilia's reasoning for even putting up with his shit the first time around?

She has the brain of a child, which makes Subaru a pedo

Talk shit get hit

What like, when they first met? She tested him with the Satella shit, when he was completely unfazed by this, it proved to her that he was okay, so she put up with him there. In subsequent loops, she was far more standoffish. After helping her out, he seemed to prove himself as an all around good guy, if way too excitable. He seemed like he had some issues after what was, from Emilia's perspective at least, a near death experience, and comforted him. After this, he seemed like a guy with his shit together and helped save the kids and Rem. He did a lot right, but if you look at his interaction with Emilia, the only heartfelt moment they've actually shared was when he rested his head on her lap, everything else was her humoring what she thought was a nice enough guy.

And you know, he is a nice guy. Potentially a great guy. We see that with how he helped Rem, but he doesn't understand people very well, and he understands the world he's in even less. So when he thought he could play hero again because it worked managed to come out on top before, he ended up humiliating himself and Emilia. His shame caused him to lash out when he's called out on his idiocy, and all those feelings of inadequacy over squandering his new life, even when he's got super powers, and still being a loser NEET at his core come bubbling up.

For a show that can be mocked for lack of subtlety, they built this moment without ever really needing to lay it on too thick, as evidenced by the range of peoples' reactions to it.

Does the author want to satirize neets or will it be apparent further that he actually wants to glorify them?

His motivations just arent clear thats why he os overly genki so the author doesnt have to come up with a reason why he doesnt just go do something else when he is reborn
Like anyone else would

He's paying for all the other shitty MC.

It's not really a black or white situation.

This show truly is AOTY

>It's like whoever wrote this shit picked up all the bad traits of a jock and a neet and united them together.
This is the most fitting personality for him, after learning he can't die. The only problem with that is he shouldn't have been like that before learning about the save points, that should have been a big character development thing.

I really like this show but the amount of threads it gets is absolutely ridiculous and the topic never changes, anons always argue over the same shit over and over again.

Oh yeah, there will definitely be lots of shitposting with everything that happens in Arc 3, but I'm pretty sure 90% of Subaru hate comes from Ep 13. He gets better after that, so...

Well, let's change the subject and talk about you being a faggot shit, and your whore mother. Shall we, shitstain?

He is pretty cute though.

Emilia a shit

What did she mean by this?

>actively perv on both twin sisters to the point of dying multiple times
>one of the sisters actually want your dick now
>ignore her and go after half-breed who doesn't give a shit about you

>Kissanime

She meant
>kissanime

>THIS CHARACTER IS SHIT BECAUSE HE'S NOT FLAWLESS
You people sometimes.

Thanks for the replies. I always wanted some. I always wanted advice about how to lure the fishes and now I can do it :)

He's so autistic he thinks she will spread her pussy for him the moment he says he did it for her

HE SAVED HER LIFE TWICE AND HER MOTHERFUCKING INSIGNIA. SHE WOULDN'T BE ANYTHING WITHOUT HIM.

How wild would she be in bed?

Why does Rem even like Subaru despite having the witch scent? Isn't that the reason she killed him in the first place?

That only happened because he existed. His very existence creates a lot of the problems he has to solve.

Ram stole the kill with her air magic.

NEET suppose dont give a shit about this

Well, to pull up a lazy quote...
>[Yes. Right now Rem is in the mood to flirt to with all her strength and passion.]
>[I I wonder if my libido will be able to keep up with the stamina of an oni....]
Subaru showed her his good side, and she probably likes how he tries despite being a pathetic faggot.

Of course, killing him is probably the 100% correct thing to do, if only he actually stayed dead. The witches plans would probably be foiled if that could be done.

this anime will be forgotten next season

He's kind. He was successful in surviving this far and that went to his head. Besides, there's nothing wrong with asking for compensation for saving so many lives. Emilia is arrogant as fuck.

I'm sure you know something about the novel that implies her insignia being stolen has to do with the same forces that brought him the world in the first place, but that's still irrelevant. Unless he asked to go to this other world, his existence in it is not his fault, it's the fault of the person who summoned a random faggot and he just has to deal with it.

That Rem ending, was it legit or just fanfiction?

What should she do, let him fuck her? It's not like Mr. Whiteknight would accept anything else.

>MC with annoying attitude considered flawed by fag is good

kek

He was brought into this world and he can't kill himself to remove himself from it so it's not his fault that emilia dies and gets her insignia stolen. I can't imagine his suffering right now. He's never going to be able to forget the cringe and he can't die to escape the shame in his own mind even everyone else gets reset.

She dies.

>A man wanting to protect his woman is some how the worst thing Sup Forums has ever witnessed.

Come on he isn't bad as people are making out, Maybe if Emilia wasn't a crazy psychopath he wouldn't have to be like this.

I prefer this guy to Gary-stu's. At least this guy has to work for everything. And I mean EVERYTHING.

It's the same author, but it's not canon unless you believe the theory that it's the true epilogue or something.
Well, he did help her and save her life, but she's also helped save his. She's also been trying to get him healed, which he kept stubbornly arguing against, so she's been doing her part to repay any debt she might owe him.

>his woman

well he likes an elf.
And thats a big con.

>his woman
if anything his woman would/should be Rem, at least then they would be on at least somewhat the same page.

he should just be lucky he didn't latch onto Felt, because she would've beaten his ass right infront of all those people instead of a knight doing it

Then she can go die. He didn't save her life for this.

Fuck off tripfag

Rem is pretty good but she's tortured him and tried to kill him multiple times. But you can say she repaid that by risking her life to kill all the dogs in the forest that but him.

why is satella in love with subaru

She was doing her job and he pretty much understands that, besides current Rem didn't try to kill him, only hesitating once.

Certainly better than current Emilia who he only had one moment with, and it was just her consoling him based on what Puck told her, hell he'd probably have a easier time getting into the appa man's pants.

>cliche show with cliche neet MC
>trying to add depth where there is none
Dont understand how this SAO tier show gets this much attention

It's amazing how the same b8 gets posted everytime

yes

better be person with sense than none

SAO was a good setting. The OP MC harem shit was the only bad thing.

>dumb fucking tripfags

Only thing we need are frogposters and Re:Zero threads will be the manifestation of cancer

Your mother should have aborted you.

>
Motherfucker

Fuck off already faggot.

You know, Subaru is an idiot and says some pretty retarded things in easy to read situations, but at the same time with the suffering he goes through and the shit he knows will inevitably happen, I can't really hate him.

If he was just a character in this world and did all this stupid stuff and plainly got away with it, it would be a different story. But that's not the case. He dies a lot. He's probably compensating his attitude and moxie heavily just because he doesn't know how to really act anymore.

>bait full of buzzwords
>posting worst Netoge.

End yourself.

I didn't have the courage to come out before but thanks to these other guys I'm going to

H-how much?

How much for what?

The trip is right though

>all this arguing and white knighting
Oh how I love the chaos and discord.

All of this argument feels like one of those case where you see a bank robbery and be all like "Oh if I was there I would kick that motherfucking son of a bitch and steal his weapon" and all that

But that's when you watch everything from outside, know what was going to happen and had a mind clear of doubt. It's gonna be different when you're there in person. With fear on your mind, you wouldn't be able to do the wisest course of action so easily.

This is the same thing. You think you're all better if you know you can say this to avoid that, but that's accounting for your personality, not him. In this world where so many thing are being unfair to him, where he had to suffer the pain of death so many time, it's not strange that he felt the need to lash out at it some way or another, and not to mention other factor in his personality too. It's a real fucking dumb move I'm sure, but I wouldn't try to put myself into his foot because at the end of the day, none of us has actually experienced what went through his mind at that moment, or any moment whatsoever.

Because he's a fucking fictional character.

You can go and suck his cock too.

Don't bully him.

The Wise Magical Negro will save the show.

There's no point in explaining. Your average Sup Forumsutist wouldn't understand this.

Eat shit and die.

>I love you.
>—Because you gave me light.
>Because you took my hand and taught me of the outside world.
>Because in the night I was trembling in loneliness, you stayed by my side and held my hand.
>Because you kissed the lonely me, telling me I wasn't alone.
>I received a lot of things from you.
>?????so I love you.
>Because you gave me everything

No idea

Girls can love you just because you take advantage of their lonely bodies? They're insane seriously.

>"I've always, always love just you"
>"You, just you, always always, I continue to love you"
>"That' why...love"
>"----Love yourself more"
>"----Please don't cry, please don't get hurt, please don't be bitter, please don't have a sad face"
Trips confirmed.

Anyways, LNFags, how much do we know about the male witch whose existence was completely hidden to history? When was they mentioned?.

Male witches are called wizards.

That's like trying to find about Pandora's box.

I fully understand why Subaru does the things he does.
That doesn't prevent him from being an annoying, uninteresting, unlikable shit.

A male witch is a warlock you faggot

Wouldn't it be Warlock?

Thanks for increasing my knowledge. I don't dabble in a lot of fantasy lingo

Nah, he's interesting, and has likable qualities, but I will grant you that he can be annoying. It's crazy to me how autist on Sup Forums can be so hyperbolic about fucking everything.

This is his lowest point in the story. He might get worse physically or mentally, but this is Subaru at his most pathetic. You're not supposed to defend him, you're not supposed to self-insert, you're not supposed to wish Reinhard were the protagonist, you're supposed to wait for him to get his shit together. He's a flawed protagonist. I don't know what's so confusing about that for most people, but it's what makes him interesting.

I suppose hard work can make any loser a hero.

This so much!

we know it is not good but please stop spam this thread

Reminder that this old man is what Subaru strives to be and respects most in that world. Subaru idolizes this man.

TOLD YOU SO
Should've listen to me, faggot