Shonen

You are a 12 year old boy living in Japan. Your mom will only buy you one magazine a week and she gives you the choice between Weekly Shonen Magazine and Weekly Shonen Jump.
Which do you pick?
Remember, this will affect your future nostalgia in the same way being a Nintendo or Sony kid will.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/user/Rica_Patin/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jump has Hunter x Hunter, One Piece, Gintama, Hinomaru Sumo, and My Hero Academia.

The only semi-decent thing Magazine has right now is Vector Ball and that's not even one volume in yet.

Shonen Magazine has a pink logo, so Shonen Jump it is.

This.
There is so much good stuff in Jump.
This is not even a competition.

Buy Jump and read the series I care about in WSM at the convenience store

Even without current knowledge I hate the character designs for fairy tail and sins

I'd be all like reading is for nerds and be spending time playing doctor with my childhood friend and bully nerds having a good time only to realize that I peaked in highschool and become a full blown degenerate otaku in my 30s.

If HxH is running then Jump. If HxH isn't running then neither.

Only series I recognize with WSM is Fairy Tale. Young me would probably fall for the titties and go with that.

Let's break this down.
>One Piece
Great. Honestly the best the series has ever been right now despite the past few arcs being a little disappointing.
>My Hero Academia
Honestly brilliant. I was a little mixed on it at first, especially because I didn't care much for Horikoshi's previous two series, but this is becoming one of my favorite series, period. Can't wait to see where the series goes.
>Black Clover
Absolutely awful. Feels almost like a bad parody of battle manga. Has nice enough art though and can be fun if read to laugh at.
>Hinomaru Sumo
One of the best Jump manga period. Up there with Slam Dunk and Eyeshield 21.
>Hunter x Hunter
Do I need elaborate? I'm just so happy it's back.
>Kimetsu no Yaiba
Decent. The MC and his powers are kind of lame though.
>Shokugeki no Soma
Serviceable. Although I don't think it's as good as it used to be.
>Ghost Tits
Absolutely hilarious, and I'm excited for it to become a battle manga Reborn! style.
>Samon-kun wa Summoner
I don't care for it, but it has a cool art-style.
>Haikyuu!!
I don't care for it, but it has a cool art-style.
>Gintama
So perf. Don't want it to end.
>Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Funny.
>World Trigger
It's okay, nothing memorable though. I'm thinking them going to the neighbor world will end up being the final arc. It's not doing well enough in the rankings and its anime is gone so it probably can't just go on for too much longer (maybe 2 years at max).
>Toriko
Ending soon. I won't really miss it but it was fun.
>Straighten Up!
Fucking great. If this gets cancelled I'll cry.
>Mononofu
Also really good, but I'm coming to terms with the fact that it's probably going to get cancelled by the end of the year.
>Isobe
>Kochikame
Can't read.
>Nisekoi
>Bleach
Just die already!
>Takuan & Batsu
Going to be axed. Jump is too crowded right now for such a forgettable series to catch on.

I don't think I forgot anything?
Now I'll do Magazine.

Sometimes you gotta look your Mama in the eyes and tell her the only thing that'll do is Jump Squared

>Fairy Tail
No.
>Nanatsu no Taizai
I like it. It's pretty flawed though. It's pretty much Dragon Ball with swords.
>Vector Ball
YES YES YES. So happy Makoto Raiku is back.
>Ace of Diamond
It was better in part 1.
>Kamisama no Iutohri Ni
Absolutely horrid
>Yamada and the Seven Witches
Should have ended years ago.
>Fire Brigade of Flames
>UQ Holder
>Area no Kishi
Meh.
>Hajime no Ippo
I love this series but it's gone on for too long.

I haven't read anything else in Magazine right now.

>UQ Holder
This just moved over to the monthly magazine though.

Nanatsu alone can't compete with One Piece, Food Wars, World Trigger and a plethora of amazing sports manga.

Also none of Mashima's girls can compete with based Tosh and the up and upcoming ghost tits.
I also think ghost tits will switch genres at some point. Kogarashi is quite competent.

Meliodas isn't the main MC in Sins anymore. Arthur is.

>and a plethora of amazing sports manga.
Hinomaru Sumo is amazing.
Haikyuu is okay.
What else is there? Mononofu and Straighten Up are really good but they're falling in the rankings pretty hard with how competitive Jump is right now.
Shokugeki is more of a battle manga with how it reads.
World Trigger I guess reads more like a sports manga than it does a battle manga. I know Ashihara has openly admitted that he writes it that way.

Weekly Young Jump has the best line-up.
>Kingdom
>Tokyo Ghoul: RE
>Terra ForMars
>Legend of the Galactic Heroes
>Rikudo
>Golden Kamui
>+more

I don't fucking care, because I'm 12 and they're all the same to me.

Whichever one has Hunter x Hunter

Sucked any dick lately?

That's not even shounen, your mom isn't going to buy you that.

You must have been a really stupid 12 year old then.
Even at 12 I had different series that I liked and disliked. I wasn't just a mindless rodent who mindlessly consumed whatever was put in front of me.

Who is the fireman dude ?

I liked fighting shit, so I consumed fighting shit. Most of it was awful and I liked it anyway. It wouldn't make any kind of big difference to middle-school me if I'd been reading Fairy Tail instead of One Piece or NnT instead of Naruto.

Definitely Jump. I grew up reading most titles from it than Magazine.

Shinra from Fire Brigade of Flames.

>I was more particular when I was 12 than you were, so you must have been stupid

>TFW you don't recognize anybody from each magazines respective big 3 other than Luffy and the Fairy faggot
Am I getting old?

i thought fairy tail and seven sins were in jump?

I don't know how you could browse Sup Forums and not recognize Melodias or Deku. I don't even fucking read either of those.

thank you.

There was a lot...

>Kamen Rider
>Devilman
>Hajime No Ippo
>Cromartie
>Air Gear
Etc

What. Were you a twelve-year-old for like 35 years?

I don't browse Sup Forums. I usually am only on /sci/ or [/spoiler]Reddit.
Came here on a whim for nostalgia and now feel confused

>muh critique
You have to go back.

Weekly Shonen Sunday.

This is probably bait, but either way, kill yourself.

Go back pls

Poop turtle.

Sunday is absolute shit right now.
It's actually embarrassing.

/sci/ confirmed for cancer, now fuck off and never post again.

if you were a kid in japan you could just pick a copy of Jump off the train station floor for free

/sci/ is objectively the smartest board tho.

>Choosing between Wanpiss and NotWanpiss

I eat well.
But seriously, WSM was worthy just for those.
But NOW Screw them, I might take Ultra Jump instead

>Ane Log
>Keijo
>Dagashi Kashi
>Magi
>ZKC
>Hayate
>Saike Mata Shite mo
>Amano Megumi
>Sunday is absolute shit right now.

Here's your (You)

>lists five good manga from between 1970-2010
>but now they stopped being good!
I think you might be retarded.

>Fire Brigade of Flames
What kind of fucking name is that? Shame on WSM for such generic, stupid names.

>no Birdmen
>no Silver Spoon
>no Kyoukai no Rinne

One Piece is great though.

Hayate and ZKC haven't been good in a long fucking time.

Literally the one good series you listed is Saike Mata Shitmo and that's an irregular serialization.
Also, Magi? Seriously? It's been worse than Naruto since the Medium battle. One of the biggest manga nosedives I've seen.

Sunday has ridiculously deteriorating numbers and executives getting fired and replaced for a reason.
It's because their lineup is shit and they don't know what to do.

>Rinne
>good
At least you name two good series.

Still better than Jump and Magazine manga.

I'll get jumped because shounenshitters have awful taste, but no, it's not.

Is it really any worse than Demon Blade of Destruction?

What's the difference between weekly Shonen magazine and weekly Shonen Jump ?

>They Stopped being Good
I didn't type that, boy.
I was screwing the two Magazines in the current year with their new series.

Care to elaborate?
I'm genuinely curious as to why you have this opinion.
Not being mean, but mostly whenever I hear this it's from people who haven't actually read One Piece.

Shonen Jump, it has one piece the thing that every other japanese kid is reading

why would i want to read anything else

>Jump has only shit
>Magazine has only one series that started recently but it made my babby manga dick hard so it's decent

What's the difference between Marvel and DC?

>Jump has only shit
>Hunter x Hunter
>Hinomaru Sumo
>One Piece
>Gintama
>My Hero Academia
>Straighten Up!
>Shit
I guess you're entitled to you opinion, even if it is pretty dumb.

What's the Difference between USA and Europe?

Fucking shit taste. Go back to MAL.

You're telling me you haven't met anyone who read One Piece and didn't think it was great before? Do you never leave your fucking shounen threads? A bunch of people going on a long adventure and having crazy fights gets dull eventually, that's about all there is to it. Battle shounen in general are tolerable when they die young.

He's from Narutoforums and Reddit both, not MAL.

Would you like to counter any of my points and explain why you consider my shit taste?
Clearly you don't read One Piece. Especially because we've had so much plot as of late it's not even funny. Series has literally never been better since the beginning of the Zou arc.

I honestly didn't know they were from different magazines.
I thought . Some of them came from the same people / publishers

So what is there some kind of magazine war going on over there?

It's your opinion, if you think Magi is bad as Nardo then it can't be helped.

Sunday offers you a lot of good series and enjoyable stories, I don't care the sales and the authors, since it's good then no problem, unlike Jump and Magazine.

this dude again?reddit.com/user/Rica_Patin/

>My Hero Academia
>Brilliant
Then Tenjo Tenge is a masterpiece

Kind of.
There's four main weekly magazines that run in the shonen demographic; Weekly Shonen Jump, Weekly Shonen Magazine, Weekly Shonen Sunday, and Weekly Shonen Champion.
Jump is the most popular magazine, but Magazine is second.
Sunday is struggling to survive right now, and Champion is pretty much irrelevant.

I'm just reading the reactions.
But I guess, I always get misinterpreted.
For me, USA and Europe is the same Jew-Controlled Shitholes...
The only difference is Mexicans.
What are you reading, user?

>clearly you don't read One Piece
Every fucking time.

Are you the same dude from the last thread who kept making up absolute bullshit about the series and then tried to completely change your argument once you got proven wrong?
>HURR ALL THEY DO IS SEARCH FOR TREASURE
>Well actually...
>HURR ALL THEY DO IS IGNORE THE SEARCH FOR TREASURE
Do we really have to do this again, buddy?

Mexicans and Muslims
Notice how they both begin with an m

No, I haven't been in a general shounen thread in a few weeks and not in a One Piece thread in years. I didn't even say fucking anything about the search for treasure, so I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Jajaja.
Calm down, Murrica. You're making me die.
Jajaja

I'll go with Jump.
Mainly for One Piece.

Yes, he's got a pretty obvious M.O.

There was an idiot in the last thread who tried claiming One Piece was shit.
When we asked him why he made up stupid shit like none of the characters are interesting, Bleach has better character interactions, and it's boring since all they do is search for some dumb treasure for 20 years.
When we explained that the characters were interesting, that the character interactions are the best part of the series, and that One Piece arcs if anything are more about rebelling against the Government than finding the treasure for most of the series he changed his argument to One Piece being shitty because they lost sight of the original goal.
He literally couldn't admit he was wrong and just started pulling shit out of his ass and looking like a funny baby.

>she

>Bleach has better character interactions
One Piece, Bleach, Naruto -fans seem to live in Harmonee.
I mean, Those fuckers always fight...

Well, that sounds dumb as shit, it's never been as bad as Bleach. That said, "we explained that the characters were interesting" doesn't even make sense. If he doesn't find them interesting, he doesn't find them interesting. I personally think they're a pretty good cast but just weren't carrying it after fifteen+ years.

>she
If you have a dick, you're a man. No one cares about your SJW shit, you deranged faggot, now go blow your brains out.

Oh boy, another shonen thread from the hippie druggie degenerate who thinks he's a girl.
I was really hoping you were gone for good after you ruined the HxH fanbase here.

Wait, so is this person Caleb or Siztra?

It's Caleb. Why the fuck would it be Siztra, in 2016?

Jump.

Now Jump vs Sunday is tougher, but only because I'm a huge Conanfag.

>after you ruined the HxH fanbase here
Enlighten me? I'm a newfag.

>Siztra
What year is it?

Caleb and Siztra used to post HxH threads constantly and perpetuated this idea that HxH was the single greatest series known to man. Them and the idiots they riled up would literally derail every single thread, no matter what it was, into a HxH thread.
It made people on Sup Forums really turn against HxH for a bit because they saw all these fans as these obnoxious elitist brats.
I legitimately thought they were both gone so this thread is an unfortunate surprise.

>I was really hoping you were gone for good after you ruined the HxH fanbase here.

Thank you based Sup Forums for this.

>Black Clover
>On that pic

Who the fuck would a magazine for that shit?

Not to mention the constant spamming of his "HURR 1999 ANIME SUCKS" copypasta.

It may be shit but it ranks better than Haikyuu now, making it the third most popular series in the rankings after One Piece and My Hero Academia.

The rest aren't shonen for the most part (save Baby Steps)
>Baby Steps
>SYD
>Tsurezure Children
>Domestic Kanojo
>Kindaichi
>Fuuka

>WSM
>aren't shonen
Are you retarded? Do you think shounen means "battle and sports series"?

Do you not understand what magazine demographics are?

I mistyped that. Sudoku time