Brazil Spanish or not?

So my family married into Brazilians. They claim they are not Spanish or Latin. Am I wrong to tell them they are retarded and definitely South American latins?

It's like being smack dab in the middle of Europe and saying you're not European. Right?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_European_exploration#15th_century
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Brazilian_Republic
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

well not every brazilian is of latin blood, they could be former americans, or even asian or african, maybe pardo (mixed)

Culture isn't latin? I go there, smells the same, looks the same, just different language.

wut

How can Brazil be Spain?

Brazil isn't Spanish
Its a huge discussion whether or not Brazilians are latinos. But Brazil is located in Latin america
Brazilians ethnicity vary a lot depending on region. Roughly speaking, north has many indigenous people, northwest has many of african descent and a few of Dutch descent, southeast has many of Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Lebanese and German descent and South Brazil has many people of German, Polish and Italian descent.

See here

Similar foods/culture/religious norms/ infrastructure/government type. We say Spanish and it doesn't mean Spain. Latin makes you understand bettee? They are literally smack dab In the middle of Latin America. HOW ARE THEY NOT LATIN?

read my points. Their culture is identical. Just different language plus they are surrounded by "Latin" countries.

but Spain's food, culture, religious norms, infrastructure and gov. type is pretty different from that of Latin America.

Yes, they no doubt are latino, but I wouldn't say Spanish...

Dude we can be anything you want. mom and dad aren't home.

>Embarrassing our country this badly
>The realization that the "American education" meme is real.

Thank you, but again. At least our terminology doesn't mean Spanish=Spain. Rather Spanish=Latin same fucking thing just word play to appease differences. Even though there really isn't. Fuck Euro Spain, I'm talking about South America. I know it's totally different. I like Spain the Euro country

>So my family married into Brazilians
are they white (or look white) ?

Yes, one side looks white. The other looks brown (not negroid black)

Mostly bro Belo horizonte. Brother's wife is from somewhere close.

Spanish: things of Spain.
Hispanic: Spain + Spanish speaking America + Philipines
Latino: Spanish speaking America + Brazil

I think this is how it goes.

Wowow and this fag would say educational embarrassed progressive word play.

yes well you imbecile, of couse they're not spanish since they're portuguese ,
>sage and KYS

Portuguese you retarded faggot

That's a language newfag.

Why did I have to tell there faggots you are Portuguese instead of you? Is your education system as fucked as ours to where you don't even know your own history?

it's not "word play" you mong, words have particular meanings, latin american =/= south american =/= latino =/= iberian =/= spanish =/= hispanic, use them fucking right you idiot

and to answer your question: brazil is south american, brazil is latin american, brazil is vulgarly "latino" but not hispanic

"hispanic" is the demographic-cultural type that arises from the SPANISH occupation of latin american, which produced different forms of occupying the land, different miscegenation trends in the population, different cultural norms than in PORTUGUESE occupied latin america AKA BRAZIL

our cities were stablished with different rules, our land was explored in different ways, the relationship of the colonizers with the indigenous population and slaves was completely different, cultural assimilation of immigrants to brazil worked differently, etc.

culturally we share many traces with the rest of hispanic latin america (just like spain and portugal do between them two), like catholicism, some food staples, the iberian "mindset" and all that stems from it

but it stops there, our demographics and history, perhaps the two most defining caracteristics of a nation state, are almost completely dissociated from each other, for one brazilian mixed people are pardos not mestizo, google the two of them they look very different

it's also a nationality and a culture, get vaporized stupid know-nothing burger, FFS

we are in the latin america, so for the average american we are latinos.
it's a waste of time convencing you USAnians otherwise. it makes zero diference.
>my mother was from russia and my father side was a mix between iberians and germans
>but yeah you're brazilian so you're totally latino
>DES-PA-CI-TO

op is retarded

More language and not culture you spastic. Been to both, they are completely different. All you're doing is referring to language speakers. You're being a total larp referring to their "culture" as Portuguese.

>it makes zero difference
except you speak Portuguese not Spanish and you ancestors were from Portugal not Spain
>it makes zero difference
Nigger wtf

We're not Spanish, our country was colonized by the Portuguese. A good part of the country is European. My parents are both from Europe, Italy and Germany, but fuck it, I guess I'm latino because some ameritards said so.

We are not even colonized by Spain, retard.

ironically enough a big part of my family was from spain.
but yeah, the average american thinks we speak spanish and we aren't really relevant to make them think otherwise.

Well, it's not our fault at least.
I respect the ones who do know the truth though, thank god not every american is retarded.

No it's not a waste. Don't shill like you're the only Brazilian I know or talk to. They all don't even consider the self Latin and get offended. Apparently to them Latin is the same as what you're describing Spanish is to me. You're all exactly the same as your surrounding countries. Only different language. You're not convincing a "America" you pleb. Your agruing against what I have been told by many of YOUR people. Why do you think I'm asking? YOUR countrymen DONT even get it right.

We're not though. You're not even from here. It's like if I said the USA is the same as Mexishit or Cucknada.

Kys

Except I go to your shit hole regularly and THEY are.

explanation
latinos = latin derivannt language ( by definition, every person who speak a language derivant from latin is latino )
BUT culturaly, south americans are latino-americans (or just latinos) the problem is that everyone else speaks spanish,except us, so we brs dont consider ourselfs part of latin american or latinos

Latin American simply means their language derives from Latin which is both Portuguese and Spanish. So yes Brazilians are Latino but the are not Hispanic.

go hide before I hunt and kill you with books you ignorant hamburger FFS someone tell him he's a tard retard, double bacon double stupid

Thank you!

Bom Dia my nigger keep it real in the barrio

Alot of white people are Spanish.
They are even whiter than America, i guess.

I'll give another asshole you sage. You haven't said one correct thing that correlate with the brs talking in here.

>You're all exactly the same as your surrounding countries. Only different language.

WRONG

Brazil itself is divided into 5 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT (historically, culturally, demographic) subregions, it's ABSURD that you'd think we are the same as a bolivian or a mexican

to me it seems like you have a very limited exposure to both our country and the rest of lating america and is too poorly educated to even realize this

oh yeah, ask huehue here and prep hanging rope and kick stool to eliminate yourself, stupid hamburger

Argentina and Uruguay are way more diferent from the stereotypes of Latin America than Brazil is.
Yet we must consider ourselves Latinos out of guilt.
Not even our accents are similar to those of the rest.

But I agree that Brazil is a culture of its own.

why do they look like they are part of Jehova's witnesses or something? ew..

>brazil is a portugese colony
>portugese are knock off spaniards

you're right brazil isn't latin, its even worse. Like a knockoff mejico

>homicide
>flip flops
>6'2 shemales
>bunda
>drugs
>prostitution
>samba
>bunda
>feijoada
>ocasionally we birth some supermodels
and people say we aren't the best country in south america.

>american education

WTF?!? Brazil was a part of the Portuguese empire, besides part of the 16th century Portugal hasn't been a part of Spain so how the fuck would Brazilians be Spaniards?

You and your family need to be exterminated with the rest of the degenerates.

I will admit, I haven't completely explored your country because I'm not insane for one. But you're just splitting hairs now. I have been to a few places in beloved Brazil. Unless you're going to tell me one shit hole is amazingly different than the other. STFU and state might seem to be the word you're looking for because technically there is 26 "states"

So Brazil is basically the USA but with many more slaves?

Brazil was a Portuguese colony, you utter dingleberry.

Does Brazil have tacos and burritos?

inb4 Uma delicia

USA future pretty much, a nation of low IQ mongrels

>portugese are knock off spaniards

fuck off

portubros are the original explorers, the ultimate seafaring nation, they are direct descendants of the celtics, they have ruled the world and they have BTFO the spaniards every opportunity they got except that one time where everything went wrong and they found themselves without an heir

Niggers yes, it's no secret it was nig import central. For the record, their nigs are no different than ours. All entitled useless fucks.

Where did the nederlands slaves go?

you're the degenerate trying to school a huezilian on how his country works, you're a real piece of work you airhead yankee basic fool

>portubros are the original explorers
Yeah, Cristobal Colon discovery of America was a portukek thing.
t. Alberto Barbosa

reminder that Brazil has a population of 200 million, and they have had 5.8 million breeding niggers for over 150 years.

Take a guess at how much Portugese/native blood is left in them?

No.

Our culture is 90% western.

>Take a guess at how much Portugese/native blood is left in them?
Not much

Are you retarded? How their country works? I will put you on the top of the list of "to be exterminated". haven't said a single thing relevant this whole thread. Sage is sage you monkey nigger

>I have been to a few places in beloved Brazil.

If i've been to the cities of New York and New Jersey and Boston, could I say I got to know what America is like? Hardly so. That's exactly what you're doing here.

>Unless you're going to tell me one shit hole is amazingly different than the other.

That's exactly the case. Even in the U.S. where your mass market and mass media have done everything they could to straight out the differences between different regions of your country, places like northwest Texas, rural Montana and Miami are completely different. In Brazil it's even more so, we have uncontacted tribes in the Amazon for fucks sake.

>state might seem to be the word you're looking for because technically there is 26 "states"

No honey, I think I know what I'm talking about since it's my own goddamn country. You know like you bundle a bunch of states in the northeastern USA as "New England" because they share a lot of similarities, being relatively different from the rest of the country? Same down here honey.

Yeah some brazilians act this way, some even claim to be latinos but not "latinos" ie mexicans etc its why i don't watch narcos. Its nothing but brazilians pretending to be spanish speaking latinos/hispanics but at the same time they think they're better than us.

we are the original explorers though
the reason columbus even went to Spain was just that... we already had found India

>Our culture is 90% western
... okay
I wouldn't put a number on it, but the west sees you as an exotic country my dude.

brasil is brasil, end of story
its made of portugal
football
trannies
niggers
cachacha
huehue
and regards from urop

kys you drunken junkfood, even your pic is non-brasilian

We are latino but not hispanic. We don't speak spanish.

Except I havent just been to the big cities. Like you have in the US. But okay, ill believe you, maybe my next visit can be steered into the direction of non shit hole. Rio sucks dick btw, been there and done that.

A lot actually because we are racist as fuck. Lots of european segments of the population would never consider breeding with a nigger. That's how we managed to miraculously stay 50% mixed but 40% european. Pure racism. It's a very complex dynamic actually. The dirty mixed bloods are always trying to "marry up" with someone white to make their lineage less shitty, meanwhile if your white you spend your entire life being told if you marry with a nigger you'll be shunned and disowned. The evolutionary tool that mediates this process is the "bunda", the only thing capable of bending the white man to pollute his own blood. But it has to be top notch, not any bunda, that's why we have the best bunda in the world.

>> 143467377
>> 143467377
>> 143467377
This.

Brazil should not be attached to any other groups like Hispanics, Latinos, Blacks, whites or wahtever.

USA should not be called west as well, because just like Brazil, USA is a Continental country with unique aspects.

Brazilians are not latinos, they are brazilians.

Stupid dumb dick, it's a nigger sage like you.

That's literally what happened. Columbus went to Portugal first, but they were like "we got this already" so he went to spain. The portuguese were the first to circumnavigate Africa and reach India.

you've been to rio and sucked dick?
did you touch his balls? touching balls is gay.

liking ass is a nigger thing though.

Are you retarded?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_European_exploration#15th_century

Based as fuck, starting to love you and hate my family.

LMAO what the fuck is up with you gringos and Rio? Holy shit you guys are absolutely fucking retarded.

Time and time again we say you shouldn't go there unless you want to get robbed or raped but it's like americans refuse to listen.
It's pretty much a meme at this point.

coco botsongo ooga booga I'm usa white nigger

Fake data

This thread reminds me of why I stopped coming to this shithole of a board

>bunda
I didn't say otherwise, anyway, Colon wanted to explore the Pacific Ocean route and our Chatolic Kings backed the project, thus Spain discovered America.

You (Portuguese) are to the Spanish

as the Welsh are to the English

NO

don't explore Brazil my dude, the regions are completely different but that's NOT A GOOD THING

the northeast is like sonora desert but even more dry with people hacking at each other in the streets with machettes, the central part of the country is a massive soy plantation with cowboy wannabes and the north is simply the most dangerous region on the planet I'd rather be sent to fight in Syria than to rural amazon

>Latino: Spanish speaking America + Brazil
Plus Haiti + French islands + French Guyana~

A Haitian 8mainly niggers and mullatos) are Latino

Rio de ... Habaneiro , ho=ho=hoooooo hoooooo ho=ho=ho=hoo=ho

Brazil is nothing like the other south american countries, and we are the only country in latin america that speaks portuguese

So then where!?! I've also been to many places in southeast because of family. I'll have to go to the fucking place again. At least tell me some good places I can go.

Are you? Read the full list idiot.
Nope, portukek was the first country when it comes to slave trade, that's why Brazil is full of mongrels and niggers unlike Mexico, Argentina or even USA compared with your country.

Hows the soup OP?

literally yes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Brazilian_Republic

Sage with a mild hint of based. Based is becoming strong though.

Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janegro
Spot the difference

ive always wanted to make one of these memes

brazil isn't just rio de janegro

why's she being so mean to him? :(