You can't raise the minimum wage, it will cause massive unemploym-

>you can't raise the minimum wage, it will cause massive unemploym-
Why can't conservatards into macroeconomics?

Other urls found in this thread:

evans.uw.edu/sites/default/files/NBER Working Paper.pdf
bls.gov/opub/reports/minimum-wage/2015/home.htm
capitolhillseattle.com/2015/12/seattles-minimum-wage-law-kicks-into-high-gear-with-2016-bump/
bestplaces.net/economy/city/washington/redmond
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>pol cannot argue with numbers, only feefees
I thought you people were supposed to be rational thinkers.

Contrary to popular belief here, Sup Forums is often not right.

why can you geniuses do anything without trying to get the opposition on board? Do something and get back to us.

I am trying to show them how incredibly incorrect they are, but it seems they are content within their echo chamber

>raise minimum wage
>demand for automation rises
>silicon valley sells them the machines that replace the laborers
What's going on is pretty obvious.

>min wage increases in one city can be extrapolated to the rest of the country
>after all we want to sell lots of machines

when companies have massive profits it is normal that unemployment doesn't rise.
this site is echo chamber for morons and fools.

You keep raising the floor and chopping off the bottom rungs from the ladder, leaving a growing portion of society trapped under the glass floor.

maybe because seattle's minimum wage-tier workforce aren't residents of seattle? it's expensive to live there

Unemployment rate doesn't take those who have left the work force into consideration, employment rate also doesn't mean full time with benefits.

Pay attention in the 101 course next time faggot.

>ancap
Opinion discarded. Anarchocapitalism is the most retarded socioeconomic policy an existance. What stops corporations from forming a pseudogovernment?

This chart reflects unemployment in the entire Seattle metro area, not just the city proper

Has the entire minimum wage increase taken effect? I thought they were doing it incrementally every couple of years?

Except labor force participation rate remained stable, doublenigger

>Opinion discarded. Anarchocapitalism is the most retarded socioeconomic policy an existance. What stops corporations from forming a pseudogovernment?

that would be a violation of the NAP

Incorrect, stop arguing with your feelings. Labor force participation rate remained constant.

So you enforce the NAP with what exactly? Whatever weaponry you have access to will be dwarfed by Wal-Mart's arsenal.

>all this shit about the minimum wage when less than 0.5% of our workforce is on the minimum wage
STOP FALLING FOR THIS FUCKIGN RED HERRING

if Wal-Mart violates the NAP, consumers will unite as one to boycott them and they will go out of business. the truly free market will fix it!

Hey guy you ignored my question

evans.uw.edu/sites/default/files/NBER Working Paper.pdf

>The number of hours worked by low-wage workers fell by a staggering 3.5 million per quarter. This is reflected both in thousands of job losses (or, more precisely, in jobs that would have been created but never were) and in reductions in hours worked by those who retained their jobs. These effects were so dramatic that total payroll accruing to low-wage workers fell by about $120 million per year, with workers actually losing $125 per month on average.

Hmm why would the liberal Washington post disagree with you? It's almost like you're spewing complete bullshit

How long are we going to kick the can down the road; why not tackle the issue of high living costs? Though I suppose that's "too hard" for modern politicians so they'd rather use minimum wage as a wedge issue to distract people

>Trending for last 7 years

You're fucking retarded dude

/thread

Wow this is so fucking wrong it made me throw up in my mouth

>In 2015, 78.2 million workers age 16 and older in the United States were paid at hourly rates, representing 58.5 percent of all wage and salary workers.

bls.gov/opub/reports/minimum-wage/2015/home.htm

seattle is only like that because it's basically the second silicon valley now

Sorry, responding to lots of people here.

It has taken partial effect, not full effect. However, before the law was ever signed we had millions or chicken littles claiming the sky was about to fall, regardless of the fact that increases in minimum wage have NEVER led to inflation or unemployment hikes.

that's what the state is doing, not sure about seattle, pretty sure they're at $15/hr now

When the poor people are forced out of a city, the unemployment rate will go down.

>implying the Wal-Mart Federation will allow access to armament
Naïve little nigger

You forget that labourers are just a surplus to companies. They don't need them

What do you have against psuedogovernments? Corporate psuedogovernments would be voluntary associations replacing the state. They'd be consensual, earning their way by competition, and by focusing on their own profits they would evade the ever-rotting bane of governments. Productive investments improve themselves. An anarchocapitalist society would be a society of productive investments.

No, corporate psuedogovernments wouldn't be a violation of the NAP. They could be, but they probably wouldn't. Wal-Mart isn't going to hire thugs and start strong-arming people. The market WOULD destroy them for that. Once a business starts strong-arming people, they become lepers.

Ok since you have been ignoring me I did some research and now I see why you were ignoring me.

capitolhillseattle.com/2015/12/seattles-minimum-wage-law-kicks-into-high-gear-with-2016-bump/

>Business owners on Capitol Hill have taken various strategies towards meeting the new requirements. Some businesses, like Molly Moon’s Ice Cream, had already brought workers to $15 an hour even though they likely wouldn’t be required to do so until 2021

>until 2021

Everyone stop posting in this thread.

>implying I ever linked WAPO in the first place
That graph is from the Bureau of Labor Statistics you illiterate monkeys

What alternative options do you suggest?

>Trending for the last 7 years
Thanks Obama!
>downward trends unaffected by minimum wage hike
You're fucking retarded, dude

are we talking about 1 city or the entire country?
make up your mind

Whoops, didn't mean to look like more people than I am. Samefag here, I switched from phone to computer, forgetting they're not on the same IP.

>using an old article from 2015 when the first google result is 2016 because it supports ((your)) narrative
>purposely misrepresenting the data by treating "hourly rate" = "minimum wage"
go shill somewhere else faggot

>I see why you were ignoring
it's called doing more than watching a single thread. Unlike you I'm not getting paid

inb4 businesses move out.

It is a gradual hike, yes. I answered that in an earlier post.

Answer me this: if a fucking ice cream parlour can afford to pay employees $15/hour without being required to, why do you think McDonalds will have an issue?

>companies don't need workers
Wat.

Actually you dumb nigger look at the plateau and slight increase when the min wage was raised

>Trailing economic policies
Thanks George Bush!

KYS

Nice job disproving it's point... Oh wait

because seattle's standard of living is such that almost everyone already gets paid more
try paying $15 an hour for mopping the floor in bumfuck missouri

Hey look everyone OP is using multiple ids.

You're responding to an absurdist troll, the fact you haven't yet realized this means you should go back to whatever corner of the Internet you came from

It really depends city by city; here in NY it's due to high rent, high taxes, and fatcat union bosses who don't give a shit about the working class. People are stuck between a rock and a hard place, and minimum wage increases are just a false sense of hope to keep the people happy while actually doing nothing

You can't make a judgement call regarding minimum wage if everyone isn't fucking obligated to increase it until 2021 you fucking dishonest fuck.

>Corporate pseudogovernments would be voluntary associations
Yeah, until corporations monopolize (inevitable without antitrust laws) those voluntary exchanges quickly become involuntary exchanges.

>get called out on being wrong and purposely acting retarded
>double down and act even more retarded
let's see how that works out

No one ever claimed that it would increase unemployment, you sack of shit shill. Automation is what will cause mass unemployment for unskilled workers (ie workers who make minimum wage). What raising the min wage DOES do, however, is increase the price of products/services because that extra cost is then passed on to the consumer which, in a lot of cases, is that very same minimum wage worker. So, in reality, minimum wage workers are just shooting themselves in the foot because that increase in minimum wage actually lowers the "buying power" of every dollar they make since prices have now increased (most times more than the rate of the increase of min wage).

It's clear that it's YOU who have no background and/or knowledge of macro or microeconomics, so you should probably just fuck right off of Sup Forums and get back to where you came from.

Why can't you fucking ancap dipshits talk in any way other than hyperbole and metaphor?

cmon reply to this OP

It's not even worth bothering with. OP obviously hasn't taken any economics classes and is a complete retard. What you just stated is the only guaranteed effect of raising minimum wage.

BLS has data on every state, city and county in the nation. I'm not sure what your question is.

Also that fucking ice cream parlor is in Redmond Washington. Average household income in Redmond Washington is ~$100,000 you dishonest fuck.

bestplaces.net/economy/city/washington/redmond

>The median household income is $99,586.

which compared to the rest of the US is nearly double

>According to the Census ACS survey, the median household income for the United States was $55,775 in 2015, the latest data available

He won't because he can't

>implying data from 2 years ago isn't valid
Show me data that reflects 0.5% of workers making minimum wage then, faggot

People are still employed, they just work fewer hours. It's one of the big problems of measuring labor, we only consider employment and labor force participation and not paid working hours.

Stop arguing with feefees. Show me where this is actually occurring and maybe I'll give your opinion more than a second of thought.

OP talks about seattle specifically then you go citing a national source
so are we discussing if higher minimum wages have been good for seattle or what

the pic in the post you replied to has it retard, just do some math

>Bush had good economic policy
HAH

If Wal-Mart starts forcing people to buy from it, what are you going to do to the local Wal-Mart? You're going to quit your job and tell them to fuck off, that's what. Other people will cover them in graffiti, or go online and shill against them widely, or even organize militias to push over the doors and loot them.

>claiming the sky was about to fall, regardless of the fact that increases in minimum wage have NEVER led to inflation or unemployment hikes.

It has always led to both inflation and increased unemployment. They literally teach you this over multiple semesters in economics.

Noted, I'll endeavor to avoid ancap posters in the future.

Your words ring true, but I'm still not seeing an alternative solution

Obamaleaf, did you change your flag or is this his fag partner?

it's actually 0.8%

Everyone is obligated to increase minimum wage, just not to $15/hr just yet. Currently, minimum wage is set at $13/hr in seattle, not far off from the $15 goal. How am I being dishonest again?

>rising minimum wage causes inflation
When has this EVER happened??

I did, sorry I have lots of people to reply to

That image says over 2% of all hourly workers are making either minimum wage or BELOW minimum wage you illiterate faggot

Because the national source has city data. I honestly don't know what your malfunction is.

Ok so once the people destroy the monopolistic corporation, society descends from anarchocapitalism into pure anarchy. Congratulations, you just created Somalia

Point out 1 instance where a minimum wage hike led to inflation, and please remember to argue with data and not your wittle feewings

I'm American, from Georgia

It's illegal to pay someone below the minimum wage. That means if they are being paid below that rate, the minimum wage does not apply. So raising does nothing.
Go to school already and stop wasting everyone's time.

California for one.

Read the next sentence, it tells you how many American workers earn BELOW minimum wage

What about waitstaff?

How about a year or better yet some fucking data??

There's no one size fits all solution, though the nationalization of the FED and kicking out all illegal immigrants would do wonders for the purchasing power of America's bottom rungs. Illegals mind you, undercut the labor value for the poorest and most vulnerable in this country

>unemployment only accounts for people in the labor force
>labor force doesn't account for NEETs, those not looking for work, etc
How's Seattle's homeless population doing? Total population? How far outside of the proper city of Seattle does this data extend? How has this pay change effected job and population growth? How has this changed job requirements and hiring policies?

You've posted a graph of useless information out of context, and provided no further context. Your entire argument hinges on a fracion of data from the greater economy, and you have the balls to say that others don't understand macroeconomics. Present an actual, fully defined argument and you'll get a debate in kind. Until then you'll be ignored as the fake news that you are.

>$15 Minimum Wages Will Substantially Raise Prices. As research fellow in labor economics at The Heritage Foundation, James Sherk researched ways to promote competition and mobility.
Again, you don't know shit about macro or microeconomics. You're likely just some retard working at a wendy's who thinks you deserve $20 an hour for putting pickles on a burger or some shit. Get back to work faggot. This already HAS happened in WA state and Cali.

>nationalization of the FED
>reporting illegals
Great ideas! Doing either of these would do wonders for the average worker, and doing both may bring about a renaissance of sorts. Too bad the FED will forever remain in greedy jewish claws.

>arguing with feelings instead of data
How about instead of asking a litany of inane questions, maybe try and prove me wrong? Homeless populations are rising in every corner of America, how would you attribute homeless population growth to minimum wage hike?

Furthermore, if labor participation rate remains constant, and unemployment is at 2%, how can you possibly justify your arguments?

Ok where are the numbers for that. Also everything in Seattle is expensive as fuck

>Too bad the FED will forever remain in greedy jewish claws
We don't even know whose claws they are, user

>minimum wage hike cause inflation
Show me historical data indicating this to be true. I have never seen an inflation hike that correlates with a rise in minimum wage. Argue with facts, not feelings.

2spooky4me

Because 13$ is much different than 15$

Labor participation rate has hovered between 68% and 72% for 25 years, dude

Who says I want poor people to devalue my wealth?

Not really. 3 years ago, minimum wage was $11 and we didnt see an unemployment hike when it was raised to $13.

It's common sense you nigger if McDonald's has to pay their employees more they will either fire people to maintain profit margins or raise prices. There's no other option they aren't going to take the loss unless you force them to by putting in price controls which literally no economists support.

>muh inflation
Show me historical data indicating this to be true. I have never seen an inflation hike that correlates with a rise in minimum wage. Argue with facts, not feelings.

Ha! Let some spunk chugging Canadian explore that set of facts.