Why aren't millennials becoming musicians?

Why aren't millennials becoming musicians?

The number of people playing music has declined by 41% since 1999 and bars and venues now struggle just to find live acts.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UZzYxGZ7Hmc
youtube.com/watch?v=x4iBBfEHNaE
youtube.com/watch?v=RYNxipzARt4
youtube.com/watch?v=3Jf9-VyXEKE
youtube.com/watch?v=TkP2Z73Rm7w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because playing music denotes intelligence.
Human civilization is becoming increasingly stupider, starting around the beginning of the 20th century.

EDM happened

jews have control of the music business.

no money.

they are becoming musicians, they post their shit on soundcloud

because there isn't money in it anymore piracy etc

this chart shows the decline of the RIAA not the decline of music creation you jew

>RIAA
They don't have monopoly over music sales anymore, artists make money off of spotify/youtube/bandcamp nowadays.

And they obviously don't want those numbers shown.

Because you are expected to play for nothing and you are lucky to even get your bus fare, never mind a single beer.

back in the day teens used to play an instrument to get pussy

But why spend your time on a difficult skill to get pussy when you can literally just bang any girl if you have drugs or alcohol?

>EDM happened
But EDM's a 40 year old genre.

>live acts

The economy can't support fuckin 30 million musicians. Better to have a select few who do it very well. Not that most musicians today are good

There's no money in it anymore and it's become a pretty oversaturated market because the old acts are still around doing everything better and very few people can take music in new exciting directions because a lot of it has already been done.

Playing music requires a high degree of intelligence, as a previous poster noted. Mothers having children at older ages, exposure to chemicals that disrupt the endocrine system, lack of breast feeding, poor diets loaded with sugar and HFC are all factors leading to a dysgenic/deleterious effect on whites in particular. Plus, high IQ mothers/fathers often just go childless.

Why don't you want the numbers shown, Schlomo?

There are more musicians now then there have ever been. They make music for themselves and for fun and for friends and share it on the internet in small groups. Which is how music should be. Computers have created an entire new wave of composers, because now anyone can write complex score with dozens of instruments and hear it and produce it.

What, are you listening to the fanned radio or something?

i played at a few hundred parties, can confirm

hipster faggots can't keep up with the incoming conservative tide

streaming music

Back in the olden days you learned an instrument in school. Nowadays you're lucky is the music department is fully funded. Just shitty education things.

before the internet people had nothing better to do

I'm struggling to even remember the last piece of music I've bought, and that's almost certainly a part of the problem.

The way people are tuning out of television, they're doing it to music, too.

>RIAA
Oy vey, why don't those goyim sign up to give us 90% of their profits anymore.

genre?

Music has become more and more of a product and less about being art. Most hits today are written by 1 Swedish guy.

WE CULTURE NOW

this is good
maybe the local joints will start paying the band a little money

the dinosaurs died

tell me were this is cause I dont find any gig here in shitspain

I mean DAWs and DJs happend

Poor people tend to rely on live entertainment more.

The entertainment industry is highly reliant on connections and no one knows anyone anymore
Jewish record companies prefer higher niggers for (((reasons))) when hiring someone new
why higher a band when a single guy with a mix tape will do
Why do you need new music when you can keep using the same tired 80s music for the next generation
Millennials don't even go to $10 shows anymore

Yo daughter only listens to us now bitch nigga.

WE DA ROCKSTARS

Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, The Clash, The Beatles and Queen all sucked.

destroying the platform known as the mainstream music scene and replacing it with a well disguised yet mainstream funded alternative called indie.

Its not worth it for a band to drive to the venue play for 6 hours and only get paid with 2 beers each

>don't waste your life as a musician like I did
>go to college instead

Every millenial I know has at least one rap or electronic song they've made on soundcloud.

Also the radio isn't even allowed to play people they know only top 40 crap. Even the "alternative" stations

chief keef is literally an autist

kys white boi

WE MUZIC NOW

The autistic savant master composer of the 21st century

what the fug is this?

>It's the boomers' fault!
I don't even think you are wrong.

>when millennials try to compose music
youtube.com/watch?v=UZzYxGZ7Hmc

The music of whites died when Kurt Cobain died. Here me out.

He was an emotional train wreck of a man but he channeled the testosterone, The anger, the confusion of the modern world. With this he came up with beautiful and simple melodies over even more beautiful and simple pops songs.

Everything after him seemed like a paradoy. Then the plague that is rap music ruled even to this day.

Humans tend to look up to those who look similar to them, and they did to Kurt Cobain in the millions. It's was a rebellion.

A denial.

Sauce

the music industry collapsed. why bother. every one is just going to pirate it or even if they pay they wont buy a entire cd/album they will buy the 1 or 2 songs they like and thats it

gotta have big crowds to get money

Lol he's the rapper God would want to be

it's actually not that hard to make like $200-$500 a gig playing at a bar. form a duo and a 3 hr. set would be like being paid $100-$250 an hour. i know lots of guys who do it for the side money and the hell of it

When all art is free there is no art

I'm trying to an album together. Wish me luck!

My music is the best in the world
However, go on soundcloud and look at what gets popular
'Electro', 'Experimental', 'Ambient', 'Rap'
The pricks that put this content out go into being managers of Starbucks within three years and then tell people how they released an album at one point in their sad lives

Few years back everyone was an DJ

>why dont people want to listen to the words "nigga" "bitch" and "weed" being sung over a variety of melodies

good luck james. british metal is popular among american teens. the white ones anyway

three things;

>jews

>ticketmaster (heavy overlap with point #1)

>the music being produced nowadays is BORING, no heart, no soul. nothing but post-ironic pretentious wank

Bands were "created" as useful idiots. To soread propaganda in the form of "hits"
I am now studying all non jew music.

t. Musician

i deliver this niggas mail.. wtf.

Some of them are making pretty good music.
youtube.com/watch?v=x4iBBfEHNaE

The music industry is bloated this should have happened a long time ago.

au contraire, music had never been easier to produce thanks to the proliferation of streaming and digital input software. also anecdotally three out of my four (millenial) brothers are gigging so these are the good old days

Nirvana was shit Nigel.

Living on the road surrounded by degenerates doesn't sound like fun to me. Not my kind of fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=RYNxipzARt4

Being a musician is probably one of the least intellectual jobs there is.

>music of the '50s '60s and '70s shocked previous generations
>music of the '90s and '00s bored previous generations

youtube.com/watch?v=3Jf9-VyXEKE

I just play in a jam band now.
playing pubs is too much hassle.

Also I don't think much of the population plays an instrument?

pol people what do you play?

DYING. MARKET. CONTROLLED. BY. THE. ELITES.

t. sound producer of 7 years, and violinist for 19 years.

Because white people are too focused on nigger music.

i play guitar and sing. can do a little on the keyboards too

>four things
you forgot jews

Because they all make EDM on their laptops now instead. It's easier than finding and forming relationships (often unstable ones) with three or four or more other people, practicing with them for hours, arguing about creative directions to take the music, etc.

Musical instruments will always have a place in live performances though. I can only listen to modern EDM so much before I have to hear something that isn't totally digital.

The best musician I ever saw was a guy called Why Zodiac about a year and a half ago.

Was weirdly at a Jazz bar in Manchester UK but the music wasn't Jazz.

One guy on a stage with a piano and an acoustic guitar, felt like something magical, expected to see big things from them in future.

After the gig I discovered they had no online presence at all and I think this may have been his only performance.

A year later I googled him and found the usual soundcloud, bandcamp, youtube, all of which had so little views. Can't find them any more or I would post a link.

When I heard the music on youtube, it didn't have the same edge as the live act which was a shame.

No idea what happened to him but since then, nothing has moved me like that night and nothing probably ever will again.

No-one will ever be judged on their musical talent, artistic output or social commentary ever again in the music business. It's all about them views and likes on facebook - The guy had a whole song devoted to that in mid 2016

I play bass and tenor sax, keys I just can't do..

Guitar and vocals. Been getting into more electronic music lately but am keyboard incompetent.

>DYING. MARKET. CONTROLLED. BY. THE. ELITES.
>t. sound producer

Tell us more. Is there an actual reason music seems to be getting shittier? I abandoned TV and radio a while ago and just search for small acts now intentionally. Talented or not, as long as people have some passion.

tis the age of indie rappers

I studied at a conservatory and have a degree in composition. I graduated Summa Cum Laude and got departmental honors.

I basically only play and create music for my friends and relatives, people who are part of my tribe. Music that is created for mass consumption is a disgusting abomination and care rarely inspire you in a meaningful way, and often is meant to fill you with degeneracy

Two women deepthroating a double ended dildo, I think?

Millennial entertainment

guitar
i practice metal and classical
but people want dump pop shit though
having to learn songs i dont really like when performing sucks

so i multitrack my own shit now

ASIA FOR THE ASIANS, AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS, WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY!

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

Why would you play faggot indie rock when you could shred reppis in a brutal metal band?

>Hey guys, I ruined music AMA

This is the problem with relying on government. Markets start shit and get awesome; governments start OK and get shit.

Looping is for faggots im about to change the game.

i just put out an album last year and working on the followup. have shows every week! it doesnt seem like millenials arent becoming musicians, but if they arent then i am happy because electronic music is gay.

JUST

>governments start OK and get shit.
Tell that to Franco's Spain, Salazar's Portugal, and Hitler's Germany.

It's more economical to invest in single person acts such as pop singers or rappers. Easier to promote a single face, less equipment involved, and probably a lot easier for the record companies to control.

Another aspect about rock music in general was the toning down of the masculinity. It went from high energy stuff like Black Flag, Guns N Roses, KISS, Bruce Springsteen, etc. and then at some point (probably after Nirvana blew up) things transitioned into some numale faggot with glasses standing still and playing sappy songs on his guitar. Metal is probably the only band music that still has any sort of masculinity or shock value.

kids learned music in school thanks to government, now they dont because of late stage capitalism.

also the fact that angsty kids are pissed off at the "wrong" things. not kosher. not going to be promoted.

Perfect reply

He was shite, nothing of value etc, KYS crybaby loser faggot

>bars and venues now struggle just to find live acts
Good. Now maybe I'll be able to talk to people without having to fucking scream. Live music is usually mediocre at best, and is always too fucking loud.

Numale faggots playing sappy songs have always existed. Bards and troubadours were numale faggots playing sappy songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=TkP2Z73Rm7w