RRH

Thoughts on this masterpiece, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

productionig.com/contents/works_sp/64_/s08_/000982.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pretty damn good.

It's been a while since I've seen this movie, but the whole red riding hood thing really fucked with my head for a while, that and the opening scene where we think we are being introduced to a main character but... not so much.

Why didn't he shoot?

It's a masterPIECE OF SHIT.

Getting caught was part of his plan

Explain your opinion.

He was too human.

It's yet another one of Oshii's characterless "thrillers" where all the MCs are just robots you have no reason to care about.

If only they were literal robots, but nope. They're just very very dull and uninteresting "people".

I wish I was interesting.

Cliché as fuck but it looked good. That's the only reason to watch it.

It feels like an elongated episode of Derrick.
A handful of mild action scenes shoehorned into an otherwise entirely unmemorable (I assure you I can't remember it) goop of political intrigue and personal drama between characters who don't seem to give a shit about each other and have no reason to. And there's a very shallow Little Red Herring reference throughout it, to make it seem deeper than it is, as if the actual characters had anything in common with the fary tale's. So I'm kind of intrigued by it at first, I look for similarities, but it all falls flat on its face, people double cross each other, at the end the big guy is sad out of nowhere (don't tell me he had any chemistry with that girl) and the world sucks.

The most coherent idea you could get from it is "people don't realize they're people until it's too late", which is apparently present in other Oshii works, but it sure as hell isn't a compelling or well-expressed notion.

Tried way too hard to get the little red riding hood thing across even tho it was obvious since the start.

Visually pretty
Story was standard "post-90s Oshii" stuff

Would that old man really have shot her if she didn't make him pull the trigger?

I cried a little

Yes, the wolf needs to act like a wolf

So did the PROTAGONIST shoot Little Red Riding Hood at the end, or was it the other guy who had his gun sighted on them from a distance?

it was obviously him

Complete fucking garbage. The only good part was the sound of the MG42s.

It felt way too western and the character designs and voicing were terrible.

The wolf ate little red

I like the fact that Fuse isn't just lying to the girl, he's lying to the audience. He appears to be a deeply conflicted man, but he isn't - Not really. While he *is* conflicted, it's all a facade that he's carefully crafted: Remember, while he appears reluctant to kill for most of the movie, he has utterly no problem with mowing down the police in the sewer firefight. That is the real Fuse right there. Everything before it was just his cover.

>tfw you will never unload that gun on a pack of niggers wearing that beutifully designed armor

One of my first experiences with Anime, this Akira, Berzerk, some Miyazaki movies and the old Dragonball.

whatever, who cares?

oshii a god

Pretentious and boring.

I found it dry and not very emotionally engaging, it looked great though.

Bretty good. Like any other movie of his.

I want to watch this one but the artstyle reminds me too much of naruto. Is it good enough ? I heard mild critics

Visually fantastic but the story is pretty thin, despite the attempts to make you think otherwise. Good but not quite a masterpiece, I put it on the same level as Metal Skin Panic Madox-01.

Is the Kerberos Saga manga its based on any good?

It's worth the watch if you don't have ADD. It's amazing in its themes but the presentation is a little bit boring.

You can also read this after watching it
productionig.com/contents/works_sp/64_/s08_/000982.html

It's nowhere near as edgy as I anticipated. Great artsyle, too

Amazing animation

Ok I'll watch it then. Thanks

One of my favorite scenes.

The other guy was there to shoot both of them. The protagonist was a double agent and his commitment , for safety I guess, was uncertain.

>tfw all things are possible with a Trump presidency
>tfw we will exterminate ISIS and make the Middle East a paradise of golf courses, luxury hotels, and civilization after a brutal campaign with exoskeletal armor and glorious automatic weapons
>tfw no more minarets on the Hagia Sophia
>tfw we will make Earth great again.

This. I pity anyone without the attention span to enjoy it.

He loved her.

A shitty movie.
That's all.

A shitty movie.
That's all.

So basically you didn't get it so it's shit.

Checked?

is the mc a badass?

yeah this

this film is really challenging, its pretty devoid of humanity, and builds no tension or stakes to what will happen, as all its people are just so inhuman

maybe the film wouldve been better and more engaging if it told us that that would be where we are and are going?

Or maybe it could be more like a thriller, setting high tension and keeping the audience on their toes to maintain interest, suspense, and emotional engagement?

The way the film is, it really is for patricians only, who would willingly sit down and watch a film with little humanity, that refuses to toss its audience even the slightest bone (empathy, suspense, drama).

Its pretty cool as a film, and wish there were more like it, but not surprised theres barely anything

Since we know that young generation of animator can't into realism unlike Okiura or Inoue, Will anime industry still make another movie/series with artstyle like Jin Roh?

You forget your fedora, user.

I assume not.

Animation wise, fantastic.

Plot wasn't that interesting tho.

>Visually fantastic but the story is pretty thin
This will never not be an utterly dumb thing to say. It's a movie, the vast majority of information is conveyed visually.