Soul Eater

I've never seen a Soul Eater thread here so I'm just curious what the board's general consensus is

Started okay and went to shit pretty quickly. Best girl was killed off in a retarded fashion.

It had an eye-patched christmas cake that didn't have enough screentime.

Why can't people just lurk?

You must not have been here for very long.

Mangaka's new manga is shit

It's getting decent now but its too late

I wasn;t even aware he was doing something else

En en no Shoboutai

Aka Fire brigade of flames

I really liked it. Picked up the anime when it was airing, started following the manga after the anime ended. Maka is still one of my favorite female characters. I hope Bones does a Brotherhood treatment for the anime sometime, maybe in a few more years...

lies. I like it.

Needed more Crazy Maka.

I thought all the main characters were very strong, each pair could have lead a manga themselves and done a decent job of it, but all together it was great. Good fights, Ohkubo understands choreography and impact well. Creative use of powers and character concepts, too - Mifune and that chainsaw guy especially.

Things started to drag when they went to the moon and fought clowns forever, and then the tone shift on the very final chapter felt hella abrupt. But after some time, it's not as bad as it seemed - everything got wrapped up, except an on-screen kiss between Maka and Soul, I needed that in my life.

I only watched the first season of the anime, but I thought it was really quite good. The last seconds of the last fight were a bit of a let down though. I would've preferred to see Maka crush the Kishin with a gigantic Kishin Hunter.

Objectively the best fight.

Maka does things to muh dick

First few chapters were OK but then it starts to get real boring until the recent fight with that corrupt captain and the exposition about his brother

Is the manga better than the anime adaptation?

10/10 it was ok. Black Star and Kid best, Maka an Soul suck cocks.

I liked the anime up until the point where it diverted from the manga and did it's own thing.

A good shonen. Surely better than Naruto and one piss.
Medusa is best MILF.

Black Star deserves his own manga and anime series t.bh

>recent fight
I thought it ended a while ago.

Don't compare good shonens like Soul Eater and One Piece to Naruto. The bad popular shonens are Naruto, Bleach, and Fairy Tail.

OP2 is best opening.

I liked it, but everything after the Aracnaphobia arc was week in places. The whole CLOWNS and MOON stuff was kinda bad.

Maka is still mai first and only waifu tho.

all I remember is the art is shit, maka looks like a monkey. and the horrible ending.
>COURAGE PUNCH!
I understand it coming from a Goku SSJ3, but this shit came from a skinny little shit, and defeated the big boss? fuck it.

It already had one, user.

The name of that anime was Naruto.

More of a /tg/ kind of guy, but I think frog a best

It was pretty fun, the manga fights were awesome, the art manages to have its own style without being shit. Black Star became so laughably OP in the end it was great. The only problem was the courage punch becoming more or less manga canon.

Ending was dumb.

It has a great soundtrack.
Like everyone else said, it ended shitty/abruptly. Author probably just didn't want it to drag on and got tired of it.

Is like the author wanted to distract the reader from some gloomy events and force a "and everything was solved, and everyone was happy" kind of ending.

And arc too

Not enough mindbreak.

best sword

>boring filler eps
>plot proper doesn't get going until the episode 18
>awful ending

despite that I still really loved it

also Medusa x Stein OTP

>I've never seen a Soul Eater thread here
Because it's been over for a while now and it's been discussed to death.

its about putting out fires In my pants

Medusa letting herself captured just to speak with him... Badass as fuck.

Kid and black star were the ones holding it all together

>wan piss
>good

Never watched the show but read all the manga. Definitely has some peaks and valleys but overall I enjoyed it. Had more character growth than alot in the genre and the art was fun. Frog girl is best girl

Bleachfag spotted.

Hell yeah. Mifune's sword style is still one of the best and most unique combat techniques out there. That aside, he gets best character in my book for making Black Star grow the fuck up

Never seen bleach and i agree.
If you like it and you're older than 12 something wrong with you.

All I remember is Tsubaki being a massive slut.

>Never seen bleach and i agree.
You can't fool me.

Yeah, he didn't want the reader dweling too long on the fact that Crona sacrificed itself to merely imprison the Kishin. It wasn't a victory, merely a stalemate in Shibusens favor. For all we know, after the last chapter Crona was reabsorbed by the Kishin and he came down from the moon buffed up on Black blood and killed everyone.

Only with Star.

A slut is still a slut. She probably sniffs Star's crotch while he sleeps because she's addicted to cock stench.

Crazy Maka can get crazy with my dick.

>chapter where everyone changes sex
>curse states that the horniest person changes back last
>they start to change back slowly as the chapter goes by
>tsubaki is the last one
You are probably right.

Soul Eater had good art, cool characters and an interesting world built up
Which is weird because it was way less than the sum of its parts

stay upset friend

>world record for longest cashgrab that went unnoticed

jesus christ user, that's fucking lewd
go on...

it's fine, if it weren't for the really cringy shounen humor that plagued it
great animation though

people pay to be entertained and the most entertaining manga shines above the rest

Well... IS a shonen.

Is the author ever going to pick this shit back up? The story ended on a nice note, but the conflict with the Kishin never really ended, did it? Crona only managed to keep him on the moon and away from everyone on earth. What're they gonna do when he inevitably breaks free? Are we going to get to see an older Death the Kid go full Deathmetal on him and seal him in another seal made of his own flesh? And on another note, why can nobody seem to kill the Kishin? That motherfucker was probably the strongest character in the series

Soul was my favourite character. He's so cool.

so scandalous

The Kishin can only be contained. Is not a being that can be simply annihilated. He is the incarnation of something that is part of all human beings, and humans can only keep it dormant inside themselves.

I'd love to see Soul Eater get the FMA: Brotherhood treatment. Honestly, it deserves another shot. I loved the later chapters, and all the eldritch, mystical stuff was genuinely interesting and entertaining. It's also the only work I know that has done teenage goth right...granted, there's not much competition there, but its something

I dropped it a few episodes in. Too kiddy

>I've never seen a Soul Eater thread here so I'm just curious what the board's general consensus is
So this is your first day here?

It's the first anime I picked up on my own, without being recommended to me by my friends. Because of that, I think it's what really got me into anime in the first place. It's got sentimental value.

Trying to put bias aside, I rather enjoyed the show. It had its ups and downs, Star's voice was the most ungodly screeching noise because I watched the dub , there was a cat with tiddies, and there was the power of FRIENDSHIP and COURAGE. Some bits seemed clichéd, but I didn't mind, I'm a sucker for clichés. Also award goes to Stein for being best teacher.

The bit with Crona made me cry like a bitch.
You know the one.

>Hell yeah. Mifune's sword style is still one of the best and most unique combat techniques out there

I said one of, not the most unique

best Op was 3 hands down

>when medusa shoves her hand in her mouth

Was it written in english like that? How was the japanese JUMP readers supposed to understand?

Manga is far superior to the anime and is pretty good all around

You lie

Paper Moon was pure sex

Blair was actually the last one, Tsubaki was the horniest of the students.
But to be fair she's at the height of hormones and wanting dick so who can blame her?

You mean her second death? 'Cause I think her 1v1 against Stein before ep26 was pretty good. Show just fell apart after that.

Crazy Maka best girl

I remember liking this in college, what the hell was wrong with me. It's terrible.

Talking about manga. Her final and actual death was by Crona at a dinner table.

Word related: disappointment.
The ending of the manga was the biggest shit ever.

>people pay to be entertained by repetitive shit

Cliches and fanservice basically.

>booby madness
Seriously, what was the author thinking?

BANG BANG BANG HAVE A NICE DREAM

Also yeah shit went off the rails into ass territory.
Shame, the world building was pretty good.

he was probably thinking about tits

Kilik stole the show whenever he was around.

Especially that time he was wielding four soul weapons at once.

True enough

Dude sniped the Kishin in the last act. Seriously, Kilik was basically the back-up protagonist by the end. Which is impressive since he started out as a background character.

>back-up protagonist
It's not like Black Star was ever going to lose.

agreed

Personally, I think the manga declines sharply after Baba Yaga's castle. IIRC it was made worse since some of the chapters for a while were really super short (for a monthly release) and sometimes inconsistent releases.

Wish he had more focus.
I hear Soul and Liz talk about music a lot. I bet he'd hang out with Kilik too.

Did anyone else dislike black star? His whole character was pretty much "fuck you, i'll do it anyway."

All the other central characters were interesting, for the most part.

He just felt like a generic shonen protag with no real personality.

wrong

nice character design, cool premise.
shitty execution and story. Okubo is one of the worst writers. He should just come up with concepts and get help on writing stories.

>OH WE SUDDENLY ARE FLYING SUPER HIGH DUE TO SKY WHALES, NO FUCKING WHALES WERE EVER MENTIONED BEFORE, BUT THANK GOD OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE WE ARE DOING SO CAUSE THAT LET ME DETECT CHRONA SOUL OR SOME SHIT
>ARE YOU CARING ABOUT THE DEATH OF THIS ONE CHARACTER THAT IM NOT SURE IT EVER EVEN FUCKING APPEARED IN THE MANGA BEFORE?
>WEREWOLF DUDE? WHO?
>THIRD GORGON SISTER? SILLY user, GORGONS COME IN TWO
>YOU KNOW THAT ETERNAL GRUDGE BETWEEN FACTIONS? NAH, TIS ALL COOL. ESPECIALLY THAT ONE IMMORTAL DUDE THAT STOLE THE EYE OF UBER WITCH BOSS, HE'S FORGIVEN
>YOU KNOW WHAT, I REALIZE I WROTE CHAINSAW BOSS TO BE TOO OP BUT HE LOSES CAUSE FUCK IT

sure there's a fuckton more. seriously, fuck okubo, he cant write for shit. he should just stay with the moe version, that's about as high as his storytelling level goes

To be more precise he was a parody of the generic shonen MC.

Nah, I never really had any hatred for Black Star. I liked him a lot better after the character development when he mellowed out a bit but even at his most annoying I was never turned off by the character.

Is anyone else a bit unnerved that the author basically used Black Star as a psychopathic villain in his new book?

>>YOU KNOW THAT ETERNAL GRUDGE BETWEEN FACTIONS? NAH, TIS ALL COOL.

Wizardmon's just cool like that man.

the third gorgon showed up in the spinoff series