Are you ready for the AotY Sup Forums?

PV: youtu.be/yAkl2uJEuA4

Looks good, I'm hype about this new adaptation of Berserk. I hope it does some justice to his manga version.

Other urls found in this thread:

toonamiaftermath.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=TdpqV7RPnTE
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yfw Rapehorse gets cut

CG is so gross looking.

When actually is the first episode? Pretty excited for it myself.

Why is his face so thin?
Why is his "grimace" face so bad?
Why don't they just FUCKIGN DRAW IT YOU LAZY FUCKS

Are you blind nigga?

Also, is confirmed that they are going to skip alot of shit, like the LC Arc as well as the rapehorse.

This shit is going to be one of the shiities adaptations of all time. Screen cap this.

Why are people bitching about the CG?

I thought it looks okish when compared with other CG adaptations like Ajin or Sidonia.

Will it adapt right from the beginning?

I think it's continuing from where the other anime left off.

I like inferno, it doesn't fit but I still like the song.

The only good thing about this travesty are the VAs.

Friday.

>fucking my girlfriend
>thinking on Guts

Its a bit of a confusion situation though.
Berserk Manga has like, quite a few little story bits culminating in the big battle against the count before it goes into an extended flashback sequence (Golden Age, what has been covered by all adaptations so far), and these early bits include Guts meeting puck (shown in PV), and the skeletons in the forest (shown in PV a lot), so we are obviously starting around there.

Right after golden age it jumps straight into Retribution / lost children (which might not get animated), which starts with guts fighting a big monster shown at the ending of the PV in the OP.

So chronologically it is starting roughly after the previous anime, but in terms of manga progression, its probably going to be a bit weird. It looks like it will start with meeting puck / the skeletons in the woods and what not, then skip the entire arc involving the count apostle, and jump straight to the start of retribution.

Of course this is just whats being inferred by what is shown in the PVs, I have no actual clue what their plan is.

how can you be excited for an adaptation that visually shits all over the surreal feeling of the artstyle Miura has jizzed onto paper? it uses CG, which is literally the farthest thing possible in stylizing short of going full live-action, and it sure as hell won't capture the great detail that we all know and love from the manga. The original anime adaptation wasn't perfect, but it was a hell of a lot closer than this shit will ever be. also, gg to all the stuff they're cutting out, I wouldn't dare watch this shit and knowing it's incomplete makes me less likely to consider it even as a drinking challenge.

>skeleton horde from chapter 2
>DEY R SKIPPING MUH LOST CHILDREN
Just wait and see faggots they don't usually show 3rd/4th episode shit in PVs and Guts actually getting the dragonslayer and his fucking arm aren't there either

>Miyuki Sawashiro as Luca
Seiyuu with a long history of voicing best girls voicing best girl, works perfectly.
>Rikiya Koyama as Mozgus
Not what would have been my first pick, but after thinking about it it is actually really fitting.

Voice casting was damn good, honestly it feels like they made so many right decisions in this project only to completely botch it with some bafflingly bad decisions.

The lack of Count in voice cast makes me feel they are skipping his arc (and thus the first part of the series where we actually learn Guts' goal), same way the lack of any of the lost children characters in the voice cast makes me doubt that will be in as well.

Why the FUCK does every adaptation of Berserk end up using disgusting CGI? It looks awful, it's already proven that it leads to a flop multiple times. How the fuck does this keep happening? I honestly think Berserk stands a better chance of getting a good Hollywood adaptation than Anime at this point. Black Swordsman, Golden Age and Lost Children would make for a great live action trilogy.

This looks bad.
SKIP

Someone explain to me how the fuck the pacing is going to work, its 24 episodes long and if we are getting to conviction this fucking fast, how fucking long and drawn out is it going to be.

Golden Age would pretty much have to be 2-3 movies on its own. Hell combining the anime movies into one is over four hours in length, and those cut it down to the bare necessities already, leaving out very important stuff.

>show contains disgusting nip CGI
>people think it will be aoty
This has never happened, nor will it ever happen.

tell that to the God Eater cucks, CGfags are more widespread than I'd like to think

Are they skipping the Count and Theresia mini arc? I fucking love that one especially the ending. They had the zombie blonde girl attack Guts in the PV, and that took place before the Count/Theresia stuff. Seems like it will have the Pre-Conviction arc stories. It's also important since it introduced the Behelit, the God Hand, and Griffith.

It's gonna be dogshit. I will watch it every week, twice for speedsubs and decent subs when they come out, and bitch on Sup Forums about it being dogshit.

Daily reminder that OP is always a faggot.
>rare photo of OP included

>theresia

who?

Looks like a PS2 cutscene.

>that Puck

>that shitty soundtrack
Makes the whole thing feel like a cheap, zero-budget, high school shounen.

PS2 cutscenes are better animated than this garbage. Why are Japanese 3D anime animators so shit, when their video game animators are fucking top notch.

Berserk on Toonami when?

I don't even watch anime anymore, but I'm pretty hyped for this shit.
It looks like crap, but it's still Berserk. Even mocking it with Sup Forums should be fun.

>tfw i just read the bit of the manga with the rape horse
>tfw i've been reading this manga with a half-mast in my trousers most of the time due to there being tits in most chapters

biggest boner was when wyald raped and killed that farm chick, when they were chasing the band of the hawk. not really into guro but that did it for me...

Lost Children will be a flashback.

the CGI in the third film was pretty great. but the CGI in this looks pretty shit.

right now dude

toonamiaftermath.com/

What chapter was rape horse again? I forgot

That's old Berserk.

Why skip the lost children ark, it's one of the best parts of berserk
just fuck up my shit why doncha

>giving a shit about 'apostle of the week'

>creation of the Hellhound isn't important
Go back to Sup Forums and become an hero.

Guts is at his scariest in Lost Children. Earlier chapters had him verbally edgy and Golden Age was something entirely different. Afterwards he mellowed. Only in Lost Children can you see how crazy the dude is. Walking through fire, slaughtering everything in his way. He outright looks like a demon.

Movie or Flashback.

>Looks good
it looks like shit you moron

The title "Berserk" hardly makes sense without this arc.

Pretty much.

And while you shit yourself from the violence and slaughter, the location is so fucking comfy at the same time.

>tfw this will never be animated
>tfw we're getting a fucking musou instead of an open world action RPG with a focus on exploration

why

When you've had your share of the action Miura suddenly throws yuri lolis at you. Holy shit.

he was pretty berserk when he was killing those 100 guys

also when he was fighting demons during the eclipse and cut his own arm off to get to casca and femto

so, uh, you're pretty far off there buddy

>>tfw we're getting a fucking musou instead of an open world action RPG
thank the fucking lord we've had enough open world rpgs to last a lifetime.

Eh, not the op, but I'd say 'excited' is going a bit far. It'll be nice to have an animated version that goes beyond the fucking Golden Age, so there is that. It will also bring Berserk forwards into the public consciousness again, and hopefully inspire the younger readers to get into the manga.

Until the Golden Age trilogy of movies, Berserk was practically dying. Chapters were rare as fuck, and you were lucky to add a volume to your collection every two years. The original anime, which ends where the manga really kicks off, is ancient now and it shows. It was starting to slide into nostalgia for longtime fans like us, and obscurity for the current target audience.

Remember, those of us who got into Berserk early are fucking old for a core audience, especially for animu.

Okay, she's too cute to kill. Besides, Berserk isn't about cute things. Has Miura fucked up? No, he didn't motherfucker. Here's your monster transformation.

Because in some (most?) western countries, that arc is practically something you can be prosecuted for owning. Only that it is still in circulation and actively rated by a legal board keeps it from being worthy of a party van trip. In fact, the same goes for a lot of Berserk. What is legal, let alone acceptable, has really changed in the decades since that arc.

Damn. This arc had it all. Except Schierke

Guts was just mad like usual then, he wasn't killing mother fucking children to get to his enemy.

He WOULD HAVE killed Jill if he didn't get shot with that bolt. Literally full on berserk.

Like a truck.

how the fuck does a bolt stop gravity from doing all the work? you telling me guts wound up his attack and let loose only to stop it himself when he got hit by the bolt???

i ain't buyin it

I feel bad for you having never been immersed into a deep fantasy game and not wanting those feelings transposed onto Berserk's fantastic world.

I really do.

Gravity did stop all the work, Guts didn't swing so the attack was stopped.

Why they just not asking Ufotable to help with lighting?

this is still a terrible excuse, seeing as this is one of the oldest and most iconic mangos that's been running this long (despite the constant hiatuses which probably equal 1/2 of this thing's running time), and yet it's getting the most cancerous type of adaptation possible. Look at JoJo, for example -- a veteran of equal prestige, more or less, with a large cultural impact (at least within weebery), and only in recent years did it get an adaptation. AND IT'S A GOOD FUCKING ADAPTATION. It lives up to JoJo, it's like reading the manga in motion with some good stuff added in; the anime carries its weight and promotes itself well to new viewers as well as properly living up to the expectations of old fans.

I don't remember the Book of Revelations to be referenced in Berserk.

>3DPD

So long as Marc Diraison reprises his role as Guts I'm ok with this.

>susumu's only doing ONE (1) track for the series
it just won't be the same

It's referenced all the time. Berserk in its core is an apocalyptic story where God isn't really the good guy.

do we get to choose what apostle we become? or is it based on our personality? fuck if it's random i'd rather be a mage

He's a good guy comparatively speaking.
I was just saying I don't remember them specifically saying Book of Revelations in the manga. I might be faulty memory on my end but still.

Any date on when it drops for the public to acquire?

You're right. Berserk is inspired by apocalyptic fiction, but it doesn't explicitly mention Book of Revelations.

>God is evil
Where do people get this from? It's outright stated that there may be heaven hidden somwhere at the end of this world. And since evil can be only in the absence of good, it's a given that good/heaven is not of this world, but obscured far beyond astral.

I'm going to watch this, and as long as they don't fuck up the story I'll be fine with it. But having said that, the cg just looks so fucking awful it's hard to look at. cg doesn't even bother me that much in principle, but this just looks particularly bad.

There is no Heaven in Christian sense. There is only the World of Ideas which is an ocean of feelings. All souls ultimately go there.

You shouldn't really think about this in Christian terms. Evil, as it was shown, is the core nature of humanity. It's all in chapter 83.

You misinterpreted what created the Idea of Evil. It's not that Humans are at their core evil, it's the underlying belief in all Humans that there must be a REASON for all the Evil.

The Idea of Evil is basically Angra Mainyu from Fate/Stay Night. It's just an entity that's had all the worlds Evil shoved onto it to justify belief.

>this just looks particularly bad
If you haven't seen Ajin, maybe. I don't plan to watch the second season of that turd, but damn if it didn't raise my tolerance for terrible cg. Compared, what we've seen in trailer for Berserk looks great.

I don't necessarily say Berserk's universe is Christian. Which your post makes harder to do since if evil is at the core of humanity, then humans can't do good or their nature is fallen. Either way, whatever the nature of ocean, there's a higher sphere of good that can touch us.

No. Idea of Evil literally said it's part of every human's soul. Hell is not some place, it exists in every human's consciousness.

>a common consciousness that transcends individuality
>their collective consciousness as a species
>I was born from these swells as the ego of this world
>Violence and loneliness. This place is filled with all kinds of blurred negative feelings. It is truly the will that defines human nature.

It does also say that it's a result of human desire and human collective subconsciousness.

But basically I don't think Miura generally does that great of a job explaining things. He's generally too short and vague even when he's using an entire chapter for expediting lore. Either that or the translations just aren't that great.

Lost my locus folder. Anyone got any like pic related?

What did Sup Forums think of the PS2 game?

youtube.com/watch?v=TdpqV7RPnTE

I think the IoE is pretty well explained. In it's core humans are still selfish animals who care only about their own desires. It's the culture, society, faith and laws that change them into something more humane. Or at least this is how I interpret it.

Looks fucking awful
Not memeing, this legitimately looks terrible, it looks even worse than the original PV
WHY CANT WE GET A NORMAL FUCKING ADAPTATION?

Better graphics than the show

its going to be dubstep

>not watching it so you can shitpost and make funny reaction images

My favorite susumu hirasawa song. Shit just screams "epic battle" without even trying. I've never played the game.

God Eater wasn't CG you fucking moron.

what the fuck is wrong with guts face

>I don't even watch anime
So youre a crossboarder then. Might wanna leave

I just wanna say that the Band of the Hawk scans are the most cringeworthy shit ever, oh my fucking God. I got over the name changes like "Gatts" and "Pukk," but the whole addition of -san, -sama, -kun and -chan on every other speech bubble absolutely made me lose my shit.

I'm here for Berserk threads. I stopped watching anime 2 years ago or so.

Don't ask about the dragon.

Don't pop a boner over my head

RE:Zero > Berserk

Miurafags BTFO

>RE:shit
> > anything

>looks good

that's the wrong eye tho...