Is there a point in reading books?

Fewer and fewer people are reading books in general, forget about buying physical copies. In today’s society we are more social and geared towards more interaction digitally for entertainment. Many people don’t have time to read. Reading is slowly becoming a thing of the past. It’s just getting harder to relate to books. Especially horror stories like if you get scared over text then you are a huge pussy and faggot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VpI_tpVft-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

kys

>reading the binded jew

Isn't that the same kid in that meme gif with him throwing up gang signs.

op is ctr/shareblue shill

stop reading novels like a child

i read every night and so should you

Just because the rest of society are bugmen constantly plugged into their smartphone and Jewish media doesn't mean you have to be. So what if reading isn't considered the sexy new fad? If you like to read, read. It'll give you an edge.

Reading is important for expanding reading comprehension and writing capabilities. It should be no surprise that garbage writing like buzzfeed and huffington post get passed as thoughtful articles today.

Is there a point to thinking at all? Why not just take heroin and watch my little poney?

Liberals are actually great at dumbing down students by calling old literature "literally dead white men!"

I don't think there's any sign reading is becoming a thing of the past. I would say however that the benefits of reading are way overstated.

>Reading is slowly becoming a thing of the past
It pretty much already has (and gee i wonder why).

Don't read. Broadening your horizons from the perspectives of thousands of people that live at various points through history? Listening in to their thoughts and experiences and the culmination of what they learned about society and the forces that affect it? Actually willfully LEARNING something you didn't know before?? Nah just check out this epic Facebook video me and two million other people are laughing at for three seconds before scrolling on.

Reading is pointless. Like if I want to learn something I can look it up. If I want something entertaining I can play games or whatnot. What edge am I gaining from reading books? Supposedly I will have an expanded vocabulary and writing comprehension? I can learn new words watching tv shows (even if it’s Jewish media, better than reading Jewish books). In school I’ve read books from decades ago and have very different grammar and vocabulary than what we use today. Books are becoming just tools for history to understand thoughts of before.

Pretty much. Expanded vocabulary and writing comprehension is only good for writing other books. You wouldn’t use any of that for professional uses.

I used to spend all day reading as a kid and now I can barely muster the willpower to read a small paperback book. I feel like im getting dumber desu

Let me elaborate. They way books are written can only be written the same way for novels and other books. If I’m writing a speech or a letter to someone I wouldn’t write it in the same format in a book.

Let's say that I want to study the Christian soul so to speak, its entire mindset.

I can just read the academic book intro from St Augustine confessions and watch a 2 hours conference on the subject hosted by an absolute genius that read mountains of books, now why would I bother to finish the book when I've got the useful and practical essence?

Of course I've finished the book but Augustine did not strike me as very brilliant, lots of infantile thinking and simpleton ideas.

If I wanted to learn something I can look it up instead of being a good goy and spending $20 on a book for something I can get for free and see many more view points than one at a time.

You got to find your own balance. The internet gives you all the information you could ever want at your fingertips, but a lot of it is mired in shit you have to sift through first and the temptation to fuck off and shitpost on 4chingle is always there

When I want to study a subject I unplug and grab a book on the respective topic.

Pic related in OP is this guy, no? :youtube.com/watch?v=VpI_tpVft-Q

Reading books is better then whatever degenerate hobby you are currently in.

yes

kid like that wearing a shirt like that in satire. this guy has a spot at my table any day of the week.

My post was obviously sarcastic because I figured that no one could actually think that sort of thing.

Information is meaningless without context. Reading a novel is not about the plot points of A, B, C. It's about the prose inbetween and what it means. One should not go on a voyage just to say "Yes I went to X Locale," you should go to X Locale and see everything along the way. Life without detail is boring.

libraries exist

Artfag here. When I do my work I usually play a lecture or audiobook in the background. Been listening to the In Our Time podcast for the past few days, today I finished Chesterton's Ballad of the White Horse and C. S. Lewis' Abolition of Man

What are you reading right now?

pic related for me

You can pirate nearly anything

Dune two

someone grew up (slightly)

Yesterday I finished Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. It was just fantastic and everything he thought is everything I feel about my life today. tfwnogf-fags genuinely need to read it and absorb it and their lives will improve exponentially.

I'm reading Man in the High Castle now because of the Sup Forums memes. It's still framed as "Nazis were ebil bad guise" but I like it nonetheless. Certainly an easier read than Greek philosophy too lol.

We are being raided because of the State Department document release and the multiple breaks in the human trafficking issue. Report, sage or ignore spamthreads. Teach newfags our rules and culture. Defeat spamming by spreading word.

Very sad. Education, personal growth in general is basically individuation and masculinization. We are becoming one big feminine hive. No thought, no arguments, just waves of feeling. Tikkun Olam is progressing beautifully. We'll get those IQs down to 85 in no time. Thanks, Rothschilds!

GET OUT OF THE FUCKING CITIES, Sup Forums, THEY COULD TIP INTO CHIMPOUTS AT ANY MOMENT

Reading Separation and its Discontents by KMac and Coming Apart by Charles Murray atm

now that I have awoken my neighbors

Libraries have free books and you can go to Goodwill any day of the week and buy books for a dollar. On top of that there's millions of free e-books.

Trash book list.
>fight club
>mein kampf
>no Roman authors
>no enlightenment period authors

Fuck off with your forced brainwashing literature