What were your thoughts on Kiznaiver, Sup Forums?

What were your thoughts on Kiznaiver, Sup Forums?
Currently watching it, and it reminds me of a washed-down version of Kokoro Connect done by TRIGGER. Hope there's something more to this.

Literally everything about this show was amazing except the story, and that really fucking upsets me.
What a goddamn waste.

My thoughts almost exactly, except Chidori was worst than the premise itself.

It was a painful experience.

Yesterday I watched all of it for the first time and i really loved it
Great characters, great plot, great sad shit
The end could be better but it was still pretty good in my opinion

Dropped at the 3rd episode. Dialog was shit, characters weren't interesting enough / didn't have any charm. Didn't care about the plot because they were jumping between "serious" and "really fucking retarded" scenes I couldn't enjoy either. The flow just didn't work.

OP theme is awesome, though.

On 5th episode. OP is cool albeit a bit uninteresting, ED is meh. The show has great art direction all around so far, 90% of the shots are really nice to look at and have good composition. None of the characters really got to me though, all somewhat boring. The story is just stupid so far, with the climax and lesson of ep5 being "hey, emotional pain is also pain and when you get hurt, people that care for you also get hurt", something that only an emotionless anime character like our main boy wouldnt know, people seem to shit on the story so i dont expect to get any better. OST is fine, nothing worth noting.

It's not bad, far from being the worst show of the season, but it definitely isnt as fun as some of the garbage of spring like Mayoiga. It's pretty at best and boring at worst.

Which is a shame since this was Trigger taking a risk at an original IP, but it flopped and was worse than their usual, non-sensical, power point animated, hyper show of the season that was Luluco, meaning they will probably keep repeating that tired formula instead of risking it again.

>looked it up on Wiki
>it's about high school kids
Into the trash it goes.

Pretty much this.

Amazing art, great direction, great OP/ED, interesting style/premise.

Plot itself and character development was kind of boring. I REALLY like coming of age stories too, so that should give some insight to how insanely slowly/poorly paced and developed it is.

This, except Chidori was worse than the story itself. I likes the autistic pair so it was worth a watch.

This, except Chidori was worse than the story itself. I likes the autistic pair so it was worth a watch.

KLK season 2 when? :^)

Problem with the whole coming of age thing is that I never really felt much growth from the characters at all.
Chidori is in love with MC from the start to the end of the show, Honoka only seemed to be friends with them during the beach then went back to how she was before, while Hisomu, Tenga, and Yuta don't change much at all. Hell, you could have probably taken out Hisomu and not much would have changed at all.

Fucking awful, I'm almost impressed by how easily Okada wasted an interesting concept on boring, melodramatic drivel and unlikable characters. In fact, she did it twice in one season, Mayoiga was also disappointing as fuck.

Please stop, you will make me cry.

I would fucking help them fund it. I don't give a fuck, it was great (for the most part).

Are they bringing back Senketsu?

This show is the most cringeworthy millenial shit I've ever seen.

The voice acting was amazing

>millenial meme

>millenial
Stop, you meme loving fuck.

>This, except the autistic pair was worse than the story itself. I like Chidori and Nico so it was worth a watch.

fixed

Kokoro Connect is MUCH better.

Shame that all the drama happened.

>Literally everything about this show was amazing except the story, and that really fucking upsets me.
iktf
The story is by far the most important thing to me in any series, so Kiznaiver's bad writing tainted everything else to the point where I couldn't even sit back and enjoy the ride any more.

>it reminds me of a washed-down version of Kokoro Connect
I started watching Kokoro Connect after hearing that Kiznaiver is basically a poor man's Kokoro Connect, and holy hell is that true. Kokoro Connect actually has characters who are likable and relationships that manage to be extremely dynamic without sacrificing the pacing or feeling unnatural or forced.

If it was the only Trigger show this season I'd be heavily dissapointed.
I dropped it after episode 3, picked it up after 8 was released because I dropped many other shows and needed something, felt a bit intrested but it went downhill quickly again.

Millenial is a meme now? Fuck I've been out of Sup Forums for too long.

Doesn't change the fact that it's millenial as fuck.

Using it how you are is the meme, you fuck.

Luluco was it

what drama?

It's a millenial show for millenial kids with millenial tastes. Stay mad.

Kokoro connect is much better then this, but I guess kiznaiver did have an ending I can be happy with

>Which is a shame since this was Trigger taking a risk at an original IP, but it flopped and was worse than their usual, non-sensical, power point animated, hyper show of the season that was Luluco, meaning they will probably keep repeating that tired formula instead of risking it again.
To be honest I also like Luluco more either, I feel that its story is more complete as a whole in comparison.
And there's nothing wrong with the art either since it kinda mixed well with the theme. If this is Trigger at best, I would like that to be maintained, or improved from that direction.

>Kokoro connect is much better then this,
They're night and day. It's crazy just how much of a difference the change in writing makes.
>but I guess kiznaiver did have an ending I can be happy with
I'm glad that at least the people who were sucked into watching the full season got something resembling a decent conclusion for their troubles.

Do y even know what that word means? Explain to me what you think it means.

nori-chan a best/10

I liked it 8/10

Trigger should learn the lesson and never corporate with Okada again
Its just a waste to their animation and music

But why?

had a great start, interesting plot but the final episodes are disappointing, the characters are great and opening was the best of the season

The music is good. The voice acting is good. Pretty much everything about the visuals is good. The writing is so-so. Not what I'd call terrible, just very hit-and-miss.

It's a solid piece of work. Not great, but still alright. I think it stands to Trigger's credit that more or less everything that wasn't contingent on Okada turned out well.

I liked it. Had a few really good ideas on how to handle its characterisation, but sort of fumbled following through on them, and the finale felt a little like it was rushing to tie everything up and left a number of character arcs inconclusive.

Maybe could have done with a couple more episodes, though I don't think it could have supported a full second cour.

Ending was too safe and kinda predictable.

It was okay though some of the episodes were real good and emotional.

I feel like if you're going for this emotional sob story you have to make sure you have a hard hitting ending, Why do you think people remember/liked Ano Hana so much? That ending was sad but fucking beautiful.

What the fuck is up with all these MAL type reviews?

>The story is by far the most important thing to me in any series, so Kiznaiver's bad writing tainted everything else to the point where I couldn't even sit back and enjoy the ride any more.
To be fair, it was rumored that they had 3 cours worth of material written and this is a 1 cour anime. It basically got the same treatment as Angel Beats. We have no idea if it's bad writing or bad editing.

Because MAL, reddit, A/S and Sup Forums, all share the same fanbase?

>What were your thoughts on Kiznaiver, Sup Forums?
>Currently watching it, and it reminds me of a washed-down version of Kokoro Connect done by TRIGGER. Hope there's something more to this.

Nico is the best

The rest are judgmental jerks like they're the cast from the Big Bang Theory

>implying memers have any idea what their memes' original meaning was

>Shh that's too much truth being revealed. It'll disrupt the thread.

Just catching up on this show and it's been good so far. I don't understand the okada hate. She's hit and miss nothing new there.

Okada hate on Sup Forums is like Nintendo hate on Sup Forums. They're just being tsundere. They like her ideas but are too steadfast in their constant hateboner for her to admit it from time to time.

Anons have openly admitted to liking Hanairo, the first season of WIXOSS, and hell there are even a handful that still like NagiAsu as well as AnoHana. Non-Noefags still even like to harp on about True Tears as well from time to time.

It's just a fact that Okada has been on a shit streak. You can't fault people for shitting on shit writing.

Ah, sorry, let's compensate.

Cuck shit cuck, Okada a shit, Triggerniggers, etc.

The show was boring and it was rather telling that people focused more on Trigger-chan's cameo in the last episode than the show itself.

Bad sales, bad characters, bad pacing... the show's only saving grace was its direction, and all that does is make me regret that the director couldn't have worked on something else.

It was pretty bad. Characters are shallow as hell, the kizuna system is both inconsistant and completely pointless, Nico and Tenga are just shitty Mako and Kamina expys, show is full of exposition and the "Nico likes Tenga now" bullshit was hilariously bad. The only characters that get anything that can even pass as developement are the MC and the Okada self insert, and both are pretty poorly made.
The only reason this is not the worst show of the season is because Big Order and Mayoiga also aired.

Well these basically confirm kiznaiver is mal/reddit tier awful.

No wonder it deserves to be called shit.

I happen to like mayoiga over this steaming pile, just because of Mizushima. The only edge this has over mayoiga is character design and art style.

>basing your life and letting your personality be defined by the websites you visit

I dont like going on MAL but you're being a total faggot. You must be a really boring person if all you are is your behaviour on the internet.

TRIGGER did the best the could with what they had. They can't rewrite the story, sadly. Everything that TRIGGER had a say in was amazing. I hope they get more (better) work.

How the hell did it go from kiznaiver being called shit to 'internet personalities'?

Goodness MAL/reddit sure is defensive.

Just drop it and pick up Luluco instead.

Agreed except for the mad part. I can imagine some fairly simple ways in which the script could have been much better, but that didn't really impact my enjoyment of the show as a whole.

Is it better than Nagi no Asukara

I guess Okada has yet to top her opus

It was great.

Good animation, good sound track, good voice acting. I know the plot is a forced drama, but it is the forced drama I started to like.
If I have watched something similar to Kiznaiver more than two years ago, I would say "another forced drama, dropped", but now a days I know how emotional pain is painful and some episodes were very hard to watch. It was a long time since an anime made think about myself and my life.
Trigger saving anime again.

Watch NagiAsu now quickly!

>no kokoro connect with the level of (art/sound/general) direction put into Kiznaiver

Fuck.

I will.

Can't really say I'm surprised by how much this bombed