ITT: post your 3x3

No need to have good taste, try not to lie to yourself when you make it.

Mine, no order:
Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou (this is still playing but im already in love, prolly gonna be one of my top 3 for a looong time)
Gintama (only funny comedy anime ever)
Hajime no ippo (favourite thing ever)
Ashita No joe (I like it less than hajime no ippo but I still think its a masterpiece and definitely one of my favourite things)
The melancholy of haruhi suzumiya (shouts out to the disappearance movie for being the best anime movie of all time ;) ;) )
Pokemon anime (Nostalgic shitty show)
Kaiji (fucking masterpiece, stylistic, underrated af)
Samurai Champloo (nujabes is my favourite musician ever so ye)
Hunter X Hunter (fantastic show and really good manga too.)
Speaking of manga im almost done reading kaiji, have read and re read hajime no ippo and ashita no joe, (mangas are better than shows for these) am currently reading tonkatsu dj agetarou when I get the chance

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f5D78cJwVGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MG7y8J0DXhU
bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

also sorry for shit picture i was going for something but fucked it up

BAKA@thefirstanon

Le ebin taste is allot more interesting imo, gg

+ Haruhi, Kaiji, Samurai Jack
+/- Pokemon (only judging my what I thought as a kid)
++ Utena, Tatami, Mushi
+ LotGH, GITS, Porco Rosso
Liked the YKK manga, can't say about the anime

Kaiba and mononoke, very nice, serial lain is cool too, evangelion is timeless and none of these are bad in any way really, but your taste doesnt seem fake, great taste man

my 3x3: cool and smart

epic

I think if anyone has fake taste it's to people that try to accuse others of it. That kind of statement just reeks of insecurity and not being able to deal with your own guilt. But that's just a gut feeling of mine.

these 3x3's are always the same shit, just post one anime you actually love.

am I smart and coolâ„¢ enough?

What if there are several I love?

I mean it doesnt take much time on here to realize everyone wants to have objectively good taste. So theyll just list mushishi, evangelion, ashita no joe, some ghibli shit, other objectively good anime because they care more about having "good" taste than having personal taste. I think there's enough of a pattern that some people's 3x3s can be called boring/lame if not fake.

for ping pong yes

you can take the 9 you like the most or just talk about 1 you LOOOOVE

>3smart5cool8me
Gotta say user you've got some pristine taste. No atmospherefaggotery like or childish nonsense like tripfag OP.

4/6

I was gonna ask what's so childish but looking at it now I kinda see, plus I should have put ping pong in there instead of hunter hunter, I knew I was forgetting something

very confident, gg
I dont like most of these but I like that you like these

Or just, you know, They fuckin love Mushishi, Evangelion, Joe and Ghibli movies? Haven't seen Joe, but I don't find it too odd that people love shows with creative and unique stories and settings, interesting characters and some amazing art direction. I mean Mushi has some beautiful backgrounds and the mushi themselves are trippy and cool as shit. Don't even get me started on Eva. I mean creepy looking mecha and monsters, crazy kabbala-obsessed illuminati, the whole atmosphere od dread, confusion of disturbance, mixed with colorful characters, stunningly animatex action scenes and lots of heart-felt moments. On top of that the whole mind-bending plot which feels like a puzzle and actually lets you be excited on every rewatch. Yeah, I just can't get how people would like this shit. They clearly must be pretending?

I haven't been here for a while. Are all 3x3 threads like this nowadays?

Digibro ruined them with his insecurities.

It's some pretty big coincidence that all of their supposed favourites are titles that are pretty much universally praised among anime fans, getting 10/10 from most critics.

What's the one in the upper left?

Nah man, that's exactly why I say this.
Its so safe to just have 9 perfect shows on your 3x3, there's no arguing those shows are amazing, and that's p much why there's a clear pattern of people just putting amazing, undebatable shows on there. Its entirely possible that your 9 favourite shows are perfect masterpieces that world agrees are amazing, but its also really uninteresting.

Nana

I dunno its my first time on Sup Forums desu

The way I see it, ''pretentious'' anime just falls into the most popular line of taste on Sup Forums. I personally just watch shows that are similar in nature and/or tone with my favorites, couldn't give a fuck less if they're considered pretentious.
Thanks to Digi's video, this kind of taste has become a meme.

OH THATS WHAT IT WAS!!
Dude I really enjoyed nana!

That's probably the most reasonable way to see it. Wish I was reasonable like that.

I know right! There is no way people could actually appetite well written shows with strong narratives and thematic depth. Unless there is a moe show and a brainless cheesefest in there the 3x3 must be phony.

>It's some pretty big coincidence that all of their supposed favourites are titles that are pretty much universally praised among anime fans
Even if that were true, that's not coincidence. It's called statistics. I mean if it turns out most people love pizza would you also find it suspicious that when asked, most people would mention pizza among their top 10 favorite foods?
>getting 10/10 from most critic
What critics?
>Its so safe to just have 9 perfect shows on your 3x3
>Its so safe to just have 9 perfect shows on your 3x3
There is no such thing as perfect shows. I mean they might be perfect to some people. But I'd say in most cases people love those shows despite even what in their minds are imperfections. People love Eva despite knowing the problems it had in its production and how it influenced the later parts of the show. Even if you liked the ending conceptually, I"m sure not many people are fans of recycled animation
>and that's p much why there's a clear pattern
Even if they were somehow "objectively perfect" (yes, Eva clearly has a big condensation of goodness atoms in it). How the hell would that be weird?
>perfect masterpieces that world agrees are amazing
Except the people that say Eva is pretentious.
The people that say Mushishi is boring.
And then faggots who believe people just pretend to like them or like them to impress others.

Clearly the whole world loves them. I bet aliens and the pantheon of greek gods does as well.

Well when I say perfect I am clearly generalizing the idea of them being just, really amazing. Nothing wrong with liking really strong shows, but they also for some reason always turn out to be the same, so if they have such cultured taste why dont I see Kaiji on those lists? I also don't see Ping Pong very often or even stuff like Technolyze, for super cultured people who like stories with depth and shit they arent digging very deep :///

3x3 of screenshots from my drawing reference folder.

God damn this is the most cancerous 3x3 thread Ive seen, and theyre already pretty cancerous

"Strong narrative and thematic depth" apply to more shows than what the typical hiveminds in these threads post.

It's people posting to get acceptance or to have the plebs look at them and say "wow, he's really well-cultured in anime!".

yo that picture, even as just a picture is fucking dope, gg

Yeah like I would say Hajime No Ippo and, outside of anime, even something like charlie brown, has immense thematic depth

>Kaiji
>Ping Pong
>Texhnolyze
These are all boring taste MAL cuckcore

>I"m sure not many people are fans of recycled animation
Every Utena fan ever.

>so if they have such cultured taste why dont I see Kaiji on those lists? I also don't see Ping Pong very often or even stuff like Technolyze
Because you need to lurk more.

Hard to tell which shows the pics belong to. Keep in mind that certain scenes are a lot more memorable to the fans than to the people that have only seen it once.

Really? I've seen pretty much every anime with "Strong narrative and thematic depth" in these threads. Granted some are rarer than others, but certain shows just have a wider appeal. Provide examples of such shows that do not appear in the supposed 3x3 pretentious circle-jerk.

Agetarou and Ippo in your top? Are you me?

They're all fantastic shows, as with most of these MAL cuckcore shows, but I dont see any of these on the 3x3, I only see like, experimental lain as their sci-fi mind fuck, ghost in the shell or akira as their classic sci fi, cowboy bebop as their nostalgic show, mushi shi as their atmosphere fest, any ghibli as their any ghibli, and I even see some of these people with fucking CLANNAD LMAOO

DUDE FOR REAL? I have never met anyone that watches agetarou,

Way to avoid half of white I said because your statement is based on contradictions, Again, the amazing part is a subjective thing. Lots of people consider eva pretentious or hate it because of Shinji.
>Ping Pong
What are you smoking? Either this or Tatami is the most popular Yuasa work in the 3x3s here.
>Kaiji
Again, super popular. Ever fuckin heard of Kenji?
>Texhnolyze
Fuck me. It's on plenty of 3x3s. Now you're just plain lying. Or you've been in maybe 2 of these threads so far,

Jesus Christ Bear made a more enjoyable 3x3 thread than this shitposting mess.

Agetarou was my second fave from the most recent season. Only beaten out by Comfy Witch

>Every Utena fan ever.
In Utena it was a pre-planned, directorial choice and had a thematic reason. Even if Ikuhara had a ten times bigger budget he would recycle scenes. In Evangelion we see what Anno would do with the proper time and money that he got with EoE.

Pretentious circle jerkers dont really praise Gintama for being a 300 hundred episode show with about 250 8-9/10 episodes with very nice use of metaphorical themes such as bubbles in the firefighter episode or celebrate the way it fought cliches and common narrative concepts head on for years on end
The good early episodes are probably better now than they were then because this show's criticism of anime should resonate better with the pretentious circle jerkers round here

Those three are definitely more popular than Clannad or Akira.

Okay, so it MIGHT be that the reditters were worse than the 4channers with this, because this is my first time on Sup Forums

Man im a hip hop producer this show fucking speaks to me, amazing show

Liking Gintama is boring. Half of MAL's top 10 is fuckin Gintama. You can't get more consensus pandering than that. It's the equivalent of people saying they like coke.

Yeah much agreed on this, Utena had great directing.

It might be that you've been branded as untrue to yourself as a child or people considered you boring and uninteresting to now you're trying to brand other people that way because you know they can't physicall hurt you over the internet.

Shit yeah that's probably true, I dont really lurk much on MAL but it is like, a shonen jump type show so that's probably true.

Well you gotta be in that safe zone.
Put Gintama or, god forbid, Death Note or FMAB on there and you'll be torn a new one.
Put obscure 90s-00s shit on there and you'll be called pretentious.

>gintama
>strong narrative and thematic depth
To everyone that's not retarded it's clear that gintama is an aimless referential comedy that couldn't stand on it's own. There is nothing meaningful about it.

>In Evangelion we see what Anno would do with the proper time and money that he got with EoE.
We got EoE what's the problem. If Ikuhara had a unlimited budget the show would look closer to the utana movie as well.

Meh that doesnt really correspond to my past or present much, but I can still see your point that people could see my taste as boring in the same way I can see others' as pretty annoying.
Plus my 9 is a pretty safe zone, I literally put goofy ass pokemon and kaiji in the same top 9, so some could say it reeks of safety from criticism, although me personally I enjoy getting criticized to then discuss and shit.
I think this is the reason I dont like those "safe" 3x3, what is there to discuss at that point.

Thats just wrong.
Its very similar to southpark in the idea that it is referential but also holds its own and has a personality and things to say. It doesnt reference to reference, it uses references to either make a good point, or a good joke.

IT3x3T: debate the credibility and ethics of critiquing 3x3s instead of posting and critiquing 3x3s

hey man a discussion is a discussion, but I do wish i got to see more 3x3

Anime: 4/5
+ GiTS, Eva, Cashern, Lain,
-Utena
Manga: 0/1
-Gants
Animated series: 4/5
+Jack, Batman, SU, Avatar
-Adventure time
Comics:
2/2
+ Sandman and Hell boy.
2/4
+Princess tutu and Eva
- Yuri bears and Utena

My list is sorta shit. I keep on saying I'm gonna properly organize everything sometime, but this is pretty much a mash up of VNs, Anime, and Manga.

Forgot pic.

youtube.com/watch?v=MG7y8J0DXhU
This is how a great satire of contemporary society looks like. Gintama on the other hand is just makes shounen jump references for cheep laughs and has NO meaningful commentary on them.

>Meh that doesnt really correspond to my past or present much
Well, there sure must have been some kind of fuck up, people don't just irrationally stick to false generalizations and assumptions if they had a normal childhood.

Man I really gotta stop pushing back watching Jojo, nice list!

>filename
use this, senpai bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php

Enough people agree with the generalization for me to feel justified in it, regardless of your disagreement.

>watching
Honestly while I like some of the early parts it doesn't really get GOAT until he reboots the damn thing. It's mostly just fun and entertaining until then.

Can I just jump to the reboot or should I watch all?

Thank you friendo. I've been lurking these threads for years now and only recently started posting because I suck at actual image manipulation.

>If Ikuhara had a unlimited budget the show would look closer to the utana movie as wel
Well that's a film so obviously it wouldn't use repetition in the same way a series would. I mean Ikuhara could easily avoid it. He uses it because Junji Sato who was his mentor used it and he took over. It also ties in thematically in his shows and can be considered the wham moment of the episode. I mean I remember friends who watched Sailor Moon telling me they always waited intensily for the tranformation sequences. They were like the hight of the episode. Utena did it similarly, it was supposed to get you hyped since you know shit was going to go down at that moment.

Thats not really fair, you literally asked me for a show that people dont really discuss as being smart, I name you one, and then your argument for south park being superior is that you can find a youtube video about it.
Once I make a youtube video about how good gintama is are you going to agree with me?

>If everyone is ignorant that means it's fine to be ignorant.
Before you claimed people pick choices based on a consensus and that's why they go with the safe anime everyone loves. Now you're supporting your claims with the fact that others have a similar opinion. Way to go.

I'm sort of a newfag and if I listed my 3x3, it would probably have 2 of the Watanabe's show, some Ghibli and definitely Mushsihi. That show is amazing and I'm not even trying hard to like it. In fact I thought it was a well known anime that if someone actually liked, he wouldn't get called out for it.

(OP)

god tier: Haruhi, Kaiji, Joe

meh tier: Chanpuru

shit tier: Pokemon, Hunter x Hunter

4/7

excellent taste

8/8

pretty good. love boku no pico.

>western cartoons
>zelda

pukeface.jpg

also: flcl is the worst anime ever made. I hate people who remind me that this shit exists.

6/7

2/3

yuri is love, yuri is life!

1/2

3/3
1/2
3/3

God tier: NHK, fuck I forgot about that show, should put it in my list desu.
Serial lain is also god tier, wont address the shows already on my own list.
really good but not god tier tier: toradora, non non byori

5/7

God tier: Shirobako, ShiroMAKO, FLCL, Lain,
Meh tier: Fma,

I dont know the other but the one at the bottom left's artstyle made me think of that digimon movie!

Most people will tell you to read everything from the start. I'll tell you to start wherever you want, since I know some people would like the later parts more so than the earlier parts.

It really depends on what you want out of a manga. Do you like reading a fairly well executed battle shonen with a few ass pulls, but over all creative powers, fun plots and likable characters? Start from part 1.

Would you rather read a (kind of) senien with more realistic characters, better fleshed out plots, interesting battles, and a general grittier tone? Start from part 7. Parts 7 and 8 are pretty self contained and separate from the first six parts, granted you'd miss a lot of little nods and references that they make to the earlier parts. But if you want to skip, be my guest, you'll understand parts 7 and 8 just fine. If you wanted you could go back and read the earlier parts too.

I think ill read the whole thing. If I can read all of hajime no ippo twice, I can probably manage lol.

Good list there.
2/3
+Lain and Baccano
-Kill la kill
Would have counted FMA brother hood but I only read the manga when It was still airing when I was in highschool.

The point is that you can't make a video like that on gintama because gintama only uses the references for jokes and not to make a commentary on them. It's the difference between a parody (jokes for the sake of jokes) and a satire (criticism in form of jokes)

This thread is the biggest cancer since ages.

Congratulations, OP. You need to kill yourself.

Did you watch all of gintama?
I understand if you didn't but I feel like you probably saw the admittedly less strong start of the show and dropped it. And even then there's allot of ways gintama flips expectations from common anime narrative hooks.

>not saying commit seppuku
>not a weeb
>why are you here

>sample Sup Forums post type 7

To laugh at you.

Really strange taste but nice to see Joe in there despite how out of place it is. Also Kaiji, HxH, Ippo and Haruhi are all pretty good

Great taste all round, never personally liked Utena but I do appreciate it as an anime. Top Middle is Akage no Anne right? Only asking because I can't remember the art being that modern looking for a 70's show.

Apart from Lain I think we have completely opposite taste

Kenji you're not fooling anyone

>trying to fit in its my first time here
>give me a chance
>mks
>**kms

I watched 50 episodes. It was nothing but episodic randomness with exaggerated characters doing nonsensical things in an completely improbable setting making references about j-pop culture and shounen jump titles. Nothing that would count as a narrative or thematic depth or insightful commentary on anything.
>inb4 you need to watch 300 episode to get it

I love seeing ping pong. This a a pretty solid list, Ive seen that one at the bottom left fairly recently and was kinda bored by it. The reason my taste might seem weird is because what I enjoy most is usually the underlying charm/heart in a show, moreso than a specific feel or genre.

Suck my dick, I'm not him.

Thats why I feel its just not fair for me to say, watch 300 episodes to really enjoy it. But I do think I could look at some of those first 50 in a way that could make you change your mind about them, like the firefighter episode or the kagura leaves arc.
There's allot of interesting stuff done with the prince from another planet later after hes a recurring character.

Kenji you're not fooling anyone

yeah so first thing thats clear now with Sup Forums is youre better off just staying user. gg