Why aren't we using Roman numerals, Sup Forums?

Why aren't we using Roman numerals, Sup Forums?

Because we aren't Roman.

t. Muselman, eh?

Math sucks using Roman numerals. They didn't even have Zero. Better off using Chinese or Maya numbers if you don't want to use Indian/Arabic numbers.
> they're actually Indian, Arabs just brought them west like spices.

Zero predates Islam and originates form India.

because the "zero" is a powerful tool that the Romans never had.
we have put it to great use.

Because they're fucking retarded. Try multiplying XLIIV by VII without a calculator.

are you trying to tell me that we aren't using arabic numbers?

Try to imagine how much of a clusterfuck science, engineering, mathematics, etc. would be if we used roman numerals instead.

that's somehow cute coming from a burger who counts stuff in inches, miles, bananas, feet, dicks, and what the fuck do I know...

that's CCCI
to be fair, it took me about a minute to figure out

>Try to imagine how much of a clusterfuck
heh

Indeed, since Arabs merely copied Indians like they did with most of their technological advancements.

Also Arabic =/= Islamic

Because engraving is easier with straight lines. Now we have pens. Do you really fucking think if Romans had pens they would've said today is IX.XXX.MMXVII???

Why aren't we using hexadecimal, Sup Forums?
Why aren't we using binary, Sup Forums?

lemme guess, your favorite tv show is rock and marty and you identify as pickle rock, yes?

Bad news, buddy. The Romans had pens.

What does that have to do with roman numerals? Both of those systems you posted use the same numbers.

We aren't Indian either you know.

Ignore measurements. They're both inches. What now, faggot?

Its pickle rick you low-iq mountain nigger.

: ^)

post your pickle rack or gtfo

>XLIIV
The fuck kind of Roman numeral is that?

>Why aren't we using hexadecimal, Sup Forums?
We are. More prevalently than binary
>Why aren't we using binary, Sup Forums?
We are. Not as prevalently as hexadecimal.

shitty shitposting bot detected

>that's somehow cute
you're cute

am i cute?

This is going to sound like shitposting but it's not. The metric system is better and easier and makes more sense and all that good shit. BUT all of the technical advances during the industrial revolution came from the US. We were implementing the shitty system while the French were reinventing it. Once it's utility was known, the US would have to change course after years of learning and using SI. That means using metric to make repairs on bridges with plans that used SI all before computers. We have tried to make the conversion several times and it increases the cost of construction significantly. So now, we say fuck it.

I have no clue why we order dates the way we do. Probably to troll the world because we can.

yes i

Sounded pretty good though right?

we do it's how we count star wars episodes

>This is going to sound like shitposting but
>I'm not a racist but
hmmmmm

*smooches u*

Oh no, I'm a racist.

Final Fantasy LXXXVIII: Go Fuck Yourself Edition

Shitty faggot detected
(protip: causes toxoplasmosis ghondii)

Because in a base 10 number system it makes more sense to have 10 unique single characters.
RN: XXVIII - 6 characters, 3 unique
AN: 28 - 2 characters, 2 unique

We order dates the way we do because that's the order people say they, even in Canada and the UK.

February Fifteenth Nineteen Thirty Two = 2/15/1932

Fifteenth February Nineteen Thirty Two = retard speak