Trumps reaction to Puerto Rico

Can someone explain this so called Trump Fiasco over Puerto Rico. I mean how hard is it to signal orders to the arms and legs of your administration to get shit done? What is Trump doing that is wrong in regards to the island? I mean what are they comparing there expectations to? Is this truly a failed reaction on Trump's part? Should he have physically travelled to the island?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Uc1pPsKt_s
youtu.be/5Uc1pPsKt_s
youtube.com/watch?v=VYfF06CPHMo
imgur.com/a/3LWzs
youtube.com/watch?v=115-D-sms6M
washingtonexaminer.com/neighboring-mayor-praises-trump-says-san-juan-mayor-playing-politics-awol-at-meetings/article/2636185
theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/09/30/puerto-rico-teamsters-union-frente-amplio-refuse-to-deliver-supplies-use-hurricane-maria-as-contract-leverage/
theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/09/30/fema-director-san-juan-mayor-refuses-to-participate-in-puerto-rico-unified-command-and-relief-efforts/
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/09/28/554297787/puerto-rico-relief-goods-sit-undistributed-at-ports
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=45&v=Nv7tvCH0X7c
twitter.com/Myraceisamerica/status/914209329783304192
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Go to this thread. Learn how to use the search bar.

All failure and inefficiency in Puerto Rico can be blamed solely and squarely on the local government attempting to spin this into a PR stunt and starving native Puerto Ricans simply to spite Trump and print t-shirts

fuck puerto rico those lazxy half nigger's should be able and prepared to dig themselves out of a fucking storm.

fuck puerto ricans

>Puerto Rican’s
>Americans

Fuck off.

They’re spic niggers.

(((They)))) are going to try to spin this as Trump's Katrina. This is going to back fire as no one cares about Poota reekins.

Earthquake was worse damage and a higher population

and a much larger area
libs cant help but to be disingenuous when it comes to Trump.

Mayor of San Juan is trying to run for governor so she's using this natural disaster as a political stunt and the American media is eating it up as they do with anything anti-Trump. Now the Democrats are feeding her lines to say on TV to make an even bigger deal. It's cool she's spending all her time doing interviews with CNN and wearing fresh T shirts rather than actually directing aid in her city.

so any authenticity to this, cause if this is true its an evil tyrant punish people to score political points you wouldnt charge this person you would just throw her to the masses she tried to martyr and let mob justice sort it out.

I hope people learn that the mayor of San Juan is involved in some major corruption. I hope she gets charged for holding resources ransom from the people of her city in order to score political points.

You from Puerto Rico, if so, I invite you to drop redpills

Not really. People are just shitting on her because Trump doesn't like her for not saying everything is going great and he's doing the best job ever.

I would like to know as well

Spread this.

youtu.be/5Uc1pPsKt_s

i mean the holding back of received aid for political reasons, didnt she get some bullshit shirts made for it while they are still in crisis?

I'm not but I've seen comments on different sites from Puerto Ricans saying she's a scummy mayor. Like the mayor New Orleans had during Katrina. I hope Trump finds real dirt on her and tweets it.

link plox

>I hope she gets charged for holding resources ransom from the people of her city in order to score political points.
By who? I'm serious. PR is so corrupt I doubt that'd happen, and I don't think the US has the power to do it.

Trump may be able to, however. Maybe that's part of his plan. He would have an opportunity to completely BTFO the corruption in PR.

reading from other threads is that she is using all opportunities to push trump hate, the resource problem seems to be logistics as no licensed drivers to get the shipping containers off the port storage sight, the stuff is their but no man power, if their is an investigation after its gonna look like petty arse covering from trump unless there is actually recorded instructions from her to hold back aid.

YUGE if true

truck drivers are literally refusing to truck the supplies off the boats to the island because they are are demanding more money. Unions, teamsters, democratic stronghold, spics.... need i explain more?

made this for us

a link would be nice, the is the first day i have bothered looking up this shit

They are the island in the gulf of mexico

youtube.com/watch?v=VYfF06CPHMo

Mr President Donald...
You send us water and the food and the medicine...
but I am looking here and I do not see one can of the LEMON PLEDGE!!!!!

google it you kangaroo nigger.
>fucking lazy abbos

It's very hard to help people while they are driving around (gas shortage?) the island looking for cell phone towers (no electricity how they keeping those phones charged?)

imgur.com/a/3LWzs

Hati isn't American owned. Why don't trumpkins want to help out America?

There are mountains of supplies sitting in port and
-the mayor of San Juan is trying to politicize events to her/Democrats benefit
-only 20% of local truckers are showing up for work

There appear to be 2 major ports in PR, one in San Juan where this mayor is and one in Ponce. San juan's port appears to be 2-3x bigger than Ponce. So she probably has a good degree of control in San Juan and therefore over the entire teamsters union Frente Amplio.

I really wish puerto rican commenters or mexican were here to confirm some info. Frente Amplio has a FB page. I know about google translate but spanish speakers do it better.

last pic related is the San Juan port

pic related is Ponce port

I don't see any other ports

I double checked.

San Juan is clearly in control over the shipping in PR. It appears they have the only deep water port on the island, so basically 100% of the shipping. Therefore the mayor is pretty much fully responsible for allowing the trucker's union strike to go on.

I wonder why the governor doesn't go after her more.

I can't find any news articles about the strike...

hes not doing anything wrong you idiot

the media is literally an anti american terrorist organization that will demonize anything and everything trump does

wake the fuck up. These assholes who run CNN and NBC are nothing but niggers and Christian hating Jews.

No, she probably had shirts pre-made from a previous anti-Trump campaign. Lin-Manuel Miranda made the talk show circuit last year when the island was going through debt re-negotiation talks. "AN ISLAND ONLY 90 MILES LONG," etc. etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=115-D-sms6M

Puerto Ricans have been made to HATE Trump because clearly TRUMP NO WANT NO MEXICAN SO WE NEED BROWN SOLIDARITY AZCLAN AM I RIGHT UH HUH I WAS RIGHT YEAH

It's a clusterfuck.

Then again, bear in mind her hands are probably terribly dirty. Other mayors have reported she just ... hasn't shown up to meetings with FEMA to address distribution. Ever. She's doing "sight bites" for CNN all day.

washingtonexaminer.com/neighboring-mayor-praises-trump-says-san-juan-mayor-playing-politics-awol-at-meetings/article/2636185

That seems awfully consistent with a mayor who wants the BARE minimum aid to trickle out to the public while she """valiantly""" plies for aid.

It's not just that people """aren't""" showing up to work. They're members of the Trucker's Union, and they're clearly striking in everything but name. Interviewees have been saying this is PAYBACK for a shitty negotated deal last year.

theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/09/30/puerto-rico-teamsters-union-frente-amplio-refuse-to-deliver-supplies-use-hurricane-maria-as-contract-leverage/

Moreover, they claim FEMA is """hoarding""" fuel, but only after they make demands FEMA can't abide by. They're forcing brinkmanship in order to
A) get more money in an emergency under-the-table deal
and
B) shore up rationale for Carmen Yulin to campaign for Governor soon.

Meanwhile, people are dying. But like the truckers give a shit.

hope once the area is stabilized she is found out and punished if true (or again givin to the people with a get out a jail free card with whatever they do to her). and if true it once again shows a complete lack of care / ethics from the MSM for pushing this shit at the same time, trump is unfiltered when tweeting but every time the MSM jump on him for it with mouth frothing, trying to conflate the issue they are just digging the hole their in that much deeper, and just like violence and degeneracy they are losing all meaning as an information tool if months later it is shown they are full of shit

>mayor using this crisis as political stunt to win upcoming gubernatorial race
>governor using hurricane for photo ops and to bolster his support
>PR union group is telling truck drivers to strike and not deliver relief supplies out of San Juan
>union bosses using hurricane to push the Gov. to reverse a trucking industry law recently passed
>they want to make people suffer to force his hand
>mayor is refusing to work with US officials
>PR is a corrupt shithole with a very dependent niggerlike populace so nothing gets done without white people stepping up to come in and do it first/correctly
theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/09/30/fema-director-san-juan-mayor-refuses-to-participate-in-puerto-rico-unified-command-and-relief-efforts/

Now everyone knows the supplies are sitting around on generators for over a week and the truck drivers won't help deliver it. This will only make Trump look good.

No, nothing will come to light. The police union and the trucker's union are almost assuredly being promised gibs in return for their silence. They're lining her up for a shot at the Governorship. The fact the Governor hasn't explicitly cracked down on her yet suggests (personally) he's waiting until the Primary or later to even make accusations.

It'll be lost in the fog of war, because that's what Puerto Rico is. They just ... don't act like normal people over there, user.

Puerto Rico wants money from USA, because USA controls Puerto Rico.

Here.

They're fucking dumb then if they think this will affect Trump like it did with Bush.
Katrina affected an actual part of the country. Puerto Rico is just a protectorate with no citizens.

Trumps administration has done all they need to. Puerto Rico is lucky they're even a part of this country in the first place, only thing that seperates them from the other island nigs out there. Starving commies and shit.

How hard is it for a mayor to get off her ass an attend a FEMA meeting once in a while. Too busy doing TV shows I guess. Womyn...

Nobody on Sup Forums cares about a bunch of spics. Brock should fire whatever worthless fucking snowflake came up with the stupid idea to meme this shit here.

Source on the fuel hoarding stuff? That could be pretty important.

thanks man my lazy arse did find it earlier but i was a cuntbag and didnt post it for others, you sir do a credit to the forums.

It's in the linked article, closer to the bottom. It's a roundup of a number of posts. The union is CLAIMING "ohhHhHHH they're being so unreasonable, we just don't have the fuuuUUEL" (after being called out for circling the wagons and keeping 80% of drivers off the road). They can only do this by effectively forcing FEMA to say "no" to their fueling timetable.

They want to force the Governor into repealing a law that made things marginally more difficult for them as truckers. They're willing to let people die of starvation to get it.

At this rate I have half a mind to just let Puerto Rico rot.

I see. Not the best source but alright. Assuming that part is true (I know the strike is true) it sounds like they're trying to try basic corruption when they don't realize they're under a magnifying glass.

Just hope some FEMA people involved blow the whistle. Congress can also act on territories like PR. This is too big to hide and I doubt trump would have made such a bold statement without foreknowledge.

> I hope FEMA gets involved
I'm not an expert in this, but I doubt anyone will. The general Emergency Response Framework is supposed to be the Federal government delivering to local authorities anything those authorities need to make it through. They may not have people distributing food aid, etc. until the locals DEMAND truckers are sent in, etc.

At this rate for SOME reason San Juan and the largest ports seem ... very cozy letting the strike continue. Almost like they're hoping the Mayor can drum up more interviews and indignant speeches before declaring SHE and SHE ALONE will issue a directive to IGNORE the hateful law that is lashing these poor innocent truckers from delivering things to THEY, the PEOPLE!111!

Part of me suspects she didn't anticipate this interview coming out. It suggests she's among those giving directives to police to distribute absolutely jack shit:

geraldo rivera and daddy yankee went back home to help and basically said the PR government isnt doing shit but bitching. every news outlet has reported the 9500 crates of food and water sitting at the port. its seeming very likely thats what this is.

San juan appears to be the ONLY deep water port on the island and center to most of the population
The san juan metro area (which is pretty huge desu) is about 70% of the island's population
>The San Juan-Caguas-Guaynabo Metropolitan Statistical Area[2] is a United States Census Bureau defined Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) in northeastern Puerto Rico. A July 1, 2009 Census Bureau estimate placed the population at 2,617,089

They also weren't hit nearly as hard as other places since they're blocked by a huge mountain.

She is btfoing herself as you said.

Trump phone call transcript

Trump: Yulín if you don't knock your shit off and get the ball rolling down there, I'm gunna have to send Hillary to take charge of your charity work.

Donald Trump tweeted:

President Obama should have gone to Louisiana days ago, instead of golfing. Too little, too late!
9:15 AM - 23 Aug 2016

>This
Plus shit doesn't just magically mobilize, PR had a camp with a disaster recovery team at Roosevelt roads until 03' after they demanded it gone. Hillary pushed for that closure too.

First, why are there no videos of this? A video of a phone call is not proof that any of this is true. Also, nobody is dying of hunger. People can go for several months without food.

> people can go, like, several months without food
The elderly, children, the bodily infirm may be in serious trouble after only a few days without food. It's possible SOME people are dying with hunger as a major contributing factor.

> why are there no videos of this
It's a radio call-in show. This is a video of that radio call-in show. What more """video""" do you want?

> this is no proof any of this is true
Except for, you know, ports absolutely full of food aid which could be shifted by people other than the 80% of truckers that just haven't shown up to work. For "reasons."

npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/09/28/554297787/puerto-rico-relief-goods-sit-undistributed-at-ports

It's almost like San Juan would be chock full of food but """someone""" isn't letting the police distribute directly.

So here's what I don't get.

PR is a US protectorate. basically a commonwealth. Doesn't that mean we have control over it? Can't we force some action?

If they are missing truck drivers, because of a strike or whatever, Can't we just send a handful of national guardsmen or army or what have you, to drive them?

I can't believe that the local government is seriously giving this much trouble in distributing supplies.

or can't we just, y'know, say ''fuck Puerto Rican Government" and go directly over the local government's head and do everything ourselves?

what are they gonna do? sue us for helping?

have whatever forces PR has attack US forces?

because that wouldn't reflect well on them and they wouldn't dare.

He just doesnt understand optics and let us all down again.

he should probably get impeached

Congress can do whatever they want to it.
>Congress possesses power to set territorial governments within the boundaries of the United States.[4] The power of Congress over such territory is exclusive and universal. Congressional legislation is subject to no control, unless in the case of its being particularly and explicitly ceded to the territory by act of Congress. The U.S. Congress is granted the exclusive and universal power to set a United States territory's political divisions.

Trump would be smart to demand they do something since they are literally the only ones who can fix it, aside from puerto ricans themselves

We already have sent people, they are probably getting staged. honestly like two battalion sized construction elements and supplies are all they need.

I have heard from people on the ground that the staging areas are immense. Cargo planes seem to be coming in constantly. They're massing a small army to help Puerto Rico and the Mayor of the least-affected town is trying to play a sad violin ... when her port is groaning with food aid and her pet trucker union isn't supplying enough labor to distribute it.

They're playing a long con. I just wish I could tell to what end.

we don't want puerto rico

we don't like puerto rico

and puerto rico doesn't like US

that's too bad, we do own it, and we can't cut it loose in the middle of a crisis, which means we need to help it, and if the local government and/or unions are causing a problem, we need to strongarm them and go over their heads like we own the place, because we do

They said we were a army in Katrina too, Alfa company alone is pretty big and EO's can and will drive circles around their truckers with or without that mayor cunt's blessing. I can't speak for other branches, but we crave this shit

the major san jaun is a democrat .

10,000 federal staff on the ground helping with everything.

pallets upon pallets of aid and stuff.

but that mole keeps bitching. media loves it.

>Strongarm
Chainsaw work?

Forgot pic

No, if we do jack shit it'll just be another poker chip for the Democrats. "Trump took initiative in San Juan -- he broke a union!1111! Click here to donate $5 to the DNC today!"

The best journalists can do is shine a light on the shenanigans going on at local ports. I'm genuinely surprised NPR covered it at all. CNN's been doing nothing but puff pieces about the Mayor of San Juan "sleeping on a cot."

> mfw

it's literally fake news

I've been off the internet for the last couple of days
what's this about a statement by the puerto rico san juan mayor?

He can probably pull some martial law, arrest the drivers, and then force them to work.

"Hey niggas, you've just been drafted."

I don't know who's supposed to be granting orders like that, but I wish they'd fucking do it. "Oh well I guuuuueesss only 20% of people are showing up to woooooork and distribute all these goooooooods, what a shaaaaaaame" is absolutely, positively inexcusable in a crisis.

It's just covering for the other 80% who are PART OF A UNION TRYING TO GET MORE MONEY UNDER CONTRACT, because "fuck it, you screwed us in the last round of negotiations."

I really, truly wish we could get the "sight bite" of a mass of soldiers rolling in and just taking the fucking trucks full of supplies while the truckers cry foul.

Trump went above and beyond to make sure the aid got there. Cruz used it as an opportunity to stage an anti-Trump PR stunt, likely with collusion from dems.

The left will seek every opportunity to twist and conflate tragedy and human loss with their anti-Trump sentiments. They really are disgusting shills who know no shame.

It's a state of emergency, I'd literally ignore her make sure whoever is doing PR for the command is getting plenty of pics of work being done. The command doesn't answer to her.

The hard-left liberal Democrat Mayor of San Juan has been claiming up and down she has starving people and no aid. In drips and drabs we've learned, among other things:

It's amazing.

>Puerto Ricans can't into budget
>Puerto Ricans can't into managing their own little island
>Puerto Ricans constantly into voting Democrat
>one hurricane in a series of several hits the island
>didn't bother preparing for any of them
>bitch and moan about how the mean ol' Trump U.S. won't give them aid 20 minutes after the storm had passed
>start receiving aid
>bitch and moan about how they have no Puerto Ricans to distribute the relief supplies
>bitch and moan about how the NG and response crews are getting in their way
>media and Democrats use their bitching as """proof""" that "hurr durr Trump is dumber that Dubya literally worse than Katrina hurr"
glass that miserable little rock before some Democrat makes them a state

>media: omg racist drumpf is literally enslaving brown people >:(

OC
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=45&v=Nv7tvCH0X7c

She essentially says FEMA isn't doing shit for Puerto Rico while surrounded with food and water supplies.

And instead of her boss, the governor of Puerto Rico, she's complaining it is Trump's fault,

Trump has no authority over Puerto Rico's dockworkers or truckers. The local government on Puerto Rico does have the authority on the other hand.

If the CO let the battalion off leash and let it be company driven shit would already be done. That many different commands is a logistic nightmare though on who is doing what

Oh, you and me both, but the fifth estate just cannot get enough of brown crying faces. It's like they use it for lube, it's nuts.

Command is probably too busy coordinating with the Mayors who bother showing up:

In before limited state

She's irrelevant, probably realizes she'd get knocked up from the sheer amount of test in the air and faint getting a whiff of 30 weight and diesel

kek they better string this bitch up in the streets for playing with lives like that

she's crying about not getting aid in front of mountains of food and water

At this rate, it's going to be hard for her to spin it beyond "I was just toooooo busy being my own lil' Robin Hood." She has a literal obligation to attend at least some of these planning meetings. As of tonight, the local FEMA branch has seen her appear exactly no times.

twitter.com/Myraceisamerica/status/914209329783304192