He's finally winning one for Pallet

He's finally winning one for Pallet

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/rwpkfn.webm
watchofyokai.com/yo-kai-watch-the-movie-broke-records-at-the-box-office-in-japan/
youtube.com/watch?v=iqYolpjJNEs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>ash
>winning
pick one

If by "one" you mean "a slut" and by "a slut" you mean "Serena", then yes, OP. He's winning one. For pallet.

>Implying it won't be Trevor vs Alain in the final

>implying when Satoshi's opponent for the semis is Shota

Pokemon is Nintendo's biggest franchise it will never end

Mario is still bigger though. Also YW still gives Pokemon a run for its money, at least in Japan.

Trevor already lost m8. Ash is confirmed to at least make it to top 4, but all signs point to top 2.

Mario beats out Pokemon in game sales but Pokemon has an anime,cards,clothing,toys

I don't understand why they can't let him win this one. It's not like his adventure needs to fucking end.

I genuinely wonder how /padt/ will react if Serena leaves.

He's going to lose to Shota won't he?

Shota is semifinals as you know, I would say the rules of story progression mean he has to win against Shota.
>Lost to Shota in previous fight because he lost sight of what battling meant to him and botched his synchro with Greninja
>Overcame that and mastered synchro, now much stronger than he was.
>Shota gets focus in next weeks episode where he will fuck Tierno's blowhole with lightningrod Sceptile, showing how powerful he is.
>The episode immediately after that is Shota vs. Ash, Ash having fucktons of plot / subplot reasons to win this time.
Either way Alan wins the league

Well at least if Alain wins it isn't because of some stupid shit like legendaries, and we've seen how Alain was pretty strong.

Alan having more than one pokemon is still kinda bullshit considering how the other five just sorta came out of nowhere.

Serious question: what if Serena leaves? How would you react?

Shouldn't he best Alain too since he lost before?

Alan's powerlevel is leagues above Shota though. His Megazard could probably sweep the entire fucking league easily, and still he has a bunch of other top tier threats we havent even seen yet in his party.

my.mixtape.moe/rwpkfn.webm

SEE THIS SHIT
Ash is going to win this league
HE ONE SHOTS THE POOR KID

>not protean ice beam

What a dumbfuck. Shouldn't he wait to show his strongest pokemon? Hopefully he's using Charizard and the other strong too.

His team:
Greninja (strongest pokemon he has ever owned by a long shot)
Pikachu (jobber)
Hawlucha
Noivern
Talonflame
Mystery Pokemon (probably Goodra)

He's going to lose with that shitty team. A rock type and it's all done. Can't he ask for previous ones this time?

>Implying the League won't be interrupted by Team Flare

Does the anime still not reference past seasons?

>if

Maybe Ash will stay in Kalos and we will get a fresh start in the new region

Occasionally

Trevor literally just lost TO Alain

What? Ash winning? Stopped watching this since DP and after Pikachu's loss to the photograph in BW. What happens if he wins? Did they mention his age?

BW states hes still 10

LATIOS & DARKARI
A
T
I
O
S

&

D
A
R
K
A
R
I

the XY anime actually tries to pretend that BW didn't happen.

The official anime quiz they held for the Hoopa movie also stated he was 10.

>What happens if he wins?
Winning the league means you get to participate in the Champion League, where you go up against the Elite Four. It's apparently basically what the league in the games are.
DP foreshadowed it a lot.

Corocoro Ichiban confirmed he's fighting Alan, and we know that has to be in the finals since Shota is the semifinals.
It also hinted at him winning with phrases like "Alan has won every time they've fought so far, but this time Ash has a strategy" etc

>YW
What's that? It can't be Yokai Watch right?

Yokai Watch's popularity IS dipping. Didn't Level 5 say YW3 would be the last games in the series?

>Also YW still gives Pokemon a run for its money, at least in Japan.
The YW meme is dead man. Nips don't care about it anymore.

I was talking about his growth as a trainer. BW Ash is like him getting amnesia for a whole season.

watchofyokai.com/yo-kai-watch-the-movie-broke-records-at-the-box-office-in-japan/
Never ever

Yeah, BW was... something. It's better to just view XY as a proper sequel to DP and BW as a failed experiment.

Isn't YW's problem that it is too japanese and not really suited for global marketing like pokemon?

>Made Charizard and Pikachu look like complete idiots on the Sinnoh league.
>that whole forced rehash of the Kanto team

Fuck that region.

Is he going to use Mons from older generations

Will he debut a new tauros of the 30 he captured

Nope. We just got news he's presumably bringing Goodra back next episode, too.

I was in Japan two months ago and YW merchandise was more common than Pokemon.

>tfw I liked sinnoh

That was the closest he has ever come to winning, he took down legendaries

Sinnoh was great imo, not to mention Paul being an interesting rival and Ash dominating with Infernape who had previously been thrown aside

Well, YW could be the factor that makes Satoshi win. They need the buzz of him winning and possibly challenging the elite 4 for the alola season

Yeah, the monsters don't have a global appeal like Pokemon's "take an animal and make it colorful" approach.

Well a lot of Pokemon are based of Yokai (Japanese folklore) I'm not sure why it isn't as successful

New generations and time I guess Pokemon ain't as neat as it used to be...still hoping to have fun with Litten next gen...

>fuck I mistakenly said sinnoh
Goddammit BW does really make people complete idiots

Too JAPANESE like hamtaro

Its cool but augh...

Plus Pokemon come off more as pets than a talking ghost and cat. A pet electric mouse

The idea of traveling around collecting badges with pets that can use superpowers basically

Played the yokai watch demo though and it was ok...but I guess I'm just more used to Pokemon

Nah, man. They've built up Greninja too much for him to take the whole tournament. He's got to fall.

Just a theory, but I think that they're gonna have Ash win this gen, and then replace him as MC in order to start from scratch and get a fresh start to reboot things because YW.

Unlikely though given what happened the last time they "rebooted" the series (read: BW).

>tfw I liked Iris as a character in the show

I didn't enjoy BW too much either but part of that has to do with the fact that I was getting older and paying more attention to life

Seems to me like Pokemon is really just trying to appeal via nostalgia but who am I to say anything...

I still haven't completely outgrown pokemon but I've accepted that it's fiction, I barely pay any attention to the anime and stick to the games now...

That wasn't a real reboot though. I mean a whole new cast, and a new character to work with in a way that won't look like he is regressing. A real rookie to build up and grow.

Bad idea with too big a risk to backfire. It's not like Pokemon isn't still popular.
Reboots happen when there's no other choice. You don't toss out everything your current fanbase likes and hope your replacement is more popular unless you have to. Retooling the formula of what you have will always be preferable.

I doubt that's going to happen now. If they did that back in AG, then probably, but they've dug themselves into a deep hole that they can't get out of with Ash.

Also, assuming Ash leaves, I find it more likely that he simply quits without winning any girl, than him winning Serena or anyone else.

I've always thought of it like if your dog started talking. It would lose a lot of its charm that way, as the personality it would express with said voice would be different from what you project onto it as a normal pet.

>your current fanbase
The current fanbase is spread over two decades, m8. I don't see why it shouldn't work.

I heard that theory for sinnoh and unova

I dunno but time goes on...
Sevii islands were cool...
We could always have someone from the past take over. New region looks like its based on hawaii so we can have Misty become protag and some new plot involving zygarde and the ocean take place, time goes on and changes take place. Some things however stay the same...

I think it's just a vocal minority of fans who want to see Ash replace, though.

>Misty
>coming back
Why?

Because when you have a series people like, you don't pull the plug on it and replace it with a different one and hope they'll like that too. People like the Pokemon anime. It doesn't need a hard reboot to attract an audience that doesn't currently exist. Giving it one just risks losing a chunk of your current audience instead.

That's why retooling the show and playing with the formula to try attracting more people is better.

Him winning and just having the elite four tourney in Alola would be a big enough change to the show's format.

Why not have the new companion be the male avatar this time to join Ash and Serena? It'd hit two birds with one stone. Have Ash be the mentor character for the new companion, while preparing for the elite four, if the audience likes the new companion. He'll be like Wally West to ash's Barry Allen

Why was it again that he's still 10 after all these years?
Was his father one of the Old Ones?

Because it's a cartoon.

Because I dunno nostalgia

That's a big thing in pokemon since newer generations are getting into different things

Most people enjoying the games are old college students and people that work and occasionally play a round

Also teens and older people who just really enjoy pokemon

We might end up like the trollz or cabbage patch fandom at some point

Pokemon ain't new anymore...

>join Ash and Serena
>and Serena
>Serena
You were almost there, but just accept that she's leaving. Her staying with that old lady has been long foreshadowed. Misty didn't stay, May didn't stay, Dawn didn't stay, Iris didn't stay, Serena's going to go down the same route. Her story is almost over and her generation is coming to an end.

Yes.

>"Why'd you kill that user?"
>"He was just a cartoon."
>"He sure didn-"
>"HE WAS JUST A CARTOON."

>Serena's story
>over
Pick one. Her feelings for ash are not resolved.

The entire obsession with Kasumi is very much a western thing, and it's purely a result of the anime mostly fading from the general public eye in the west after Johto.
It's not like that in Japan. There's no huge crowd of people thinking of the Pokemon protags as the original trio only. People there know the different groups from the different gens.
And since that's where the show is written, that's who they'll be appealing to.

Ash has a waifu? I might watch Pokemon again.

You should.

They can be resolved without her going to Alola. Is that hard to understand? She can easily confess and be rejected/accepted/whatever without her returning for next gen.

No, the regional girl has a very one-sided crush on Ash (despite what shippers might tell you, it's really one-sided).

>Lebron won one for da land
>Nintendo won E3

it's happening

Ash should be like 25 by now. It's about time he gets his dick wet.

Kalos companion is based on main female for half the XY anime, then they alter her design drastically. People are in denial about her staying.

Is an example

If he aged, then yes, but he doesn't age. It's not going to happen.

Not entirely.

>shippers believing these "hints"
I like Serena too but this is bordering on delusional.

>tripfag trying to spoil fun surprising nobody

>acting like anyone has any idea what they're planning on doing
Stop. People were saying this exact shit whenever anyone brought up the possibility of Ash potentially winning the league this time too and now we're getting pretty fucking heavy hints towards it all over the place, along with near confirmation he's getting to the finals.
None of you know what's going to happen.

>bordering

you're just a pretender. So which one was it that you prefer better, Dawn? May? .....Iris?

youtube.com/watch?v=iqYolpjJNEs

I like Serena but thinking she'll stay is delusional, sadly.

How is that any more delusional than thinking he'll win the league?

Let's not do this.

Hopefully he wins and finally gets kicked out of the show

Literally the most generic asshole ever.

>too obvious that he doesn't actually like her.
you're as subtle as a Giant hiding in a mousehole

When is the next episode gonna come out? I don't keep up with the show.

It's not really all that delusional though. Misty still followed Ash to Hoenn, so it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

I like Serena, but her fanbase is pretty bad. It happens

Episodes come out every Thursday.

What did she mean by this

Yesterday.

Do it

Nobody is saying she's definitely staying. they're discussing the possibilities, since there's more reasons than ever the girl might actually stay for the next gen this time.
The only thing that's delusional is acting like a smug faggot about how you know exactly how the series is going to develop when it's been breaking patterns like fuck all of XY.