ITT: Post Customs of Your Country that You Don't Understand

Even as a gook, I never understood why we use spoons alongside our chopsticks.

to drink soup lee jang

Why would you use chopsticks anyway? They're fucking stupid.

to grab baan chan

You're supposed to used them as a base to roll the noodles with the chopsticks, dummie.

Cheddar cheese roll
We chase a cheese roll
Down a cliff

Why would people eat soup anyway? Its fucking stupid.

>My meal is fine except it needs a bowl of water poured on it.

Teleevangelists.

do you not realize how practical it is for all the goddamn weird ass food you zippermonkeys eat. just the chopsticks would be a nightmare

It's not really a custom, but why do men wear ties? Ties don't do anything so what are they for? Whose idea was that? Is a tie just supposed to cover the buttons on the front of your shirt?

soup is for poorfags

Pure control. It is literally a leash. People are property.

Pick up the leftover rice, duh.

I admit, chopsticks are superior for eating noodles. But for everything else, fork and knife and spoon are the bestest.

Goon of fortune.

spoons are for eating soup you fucking retard.

God you made me laugh

Italians have pasta on lockdown, you rice burner.

I eat everything besides the occassional soup with a fork - I almost never use a knife or a spoon. I'd die in a gook country, probably would have to carry a fork on me at all times, it's the greatest invention ever. I love forks.

Okay, fuck, it's not just me then.

Seems like a great way to sell extra fabric for no real reason.

For drinking soup/eating dumplings/noodles that are HOT

if you drink soup directly it is TOO HOT

Chinese and gooks use spoons because it cools down a bit

Nips SLURP their food because it cools the food down
SOUP IS HOT YOU DUMB GOOK CUNT

My grandpa was in the korean war, he showed me how to use chopsticks. I mystify all my white friends with my skills. I can even eat rice with them.

Chop sticks are also pretty good for eating salad desu

"How are you?"

A simple hello is fine thanks. If I wanna make conversation I'll let you know. Obviously you're too fucking stupid to do it yourself.

Whenever people ask me how I am at work I reply with "awake" and 90% of the time they chuckle and leave me alone. Try it some time, turn your autism into an asset.

For scooping out eyeballs of anyone who gets to close at tucker time.

Which one do you prefer? Is it more practical than just eating with normal cutlery?

No fuck you, "How are you?" is what's autistic as a conversation starter.

And enough with the handshaking. I don't wanna touch you, you fucking faggot.

Yes, they are supposed to cover the buttons, but they the then developed to show what club etc you were a member of (clubs all had their own ties, like clans in Scotland had various patterns for their skirts). Being the member of a good club got you places. So yeah, part of the class system, I guess.

you boil the bones of beef/turkey and it leeches the minerals into the water to create broth
see, the stuff that animal bones are made out of can be super healthy for you but eating bones is hard even after you grill/bake/fry your meat
So you boil it down. These days you can just boil until the bones get notably softer (12-24 hours about), but I heard back when food was scarce peasants would let bones boil until they had pretty much dissolved and become one with the broth
then you add in vegetables and other stuff because why not

seriously though good homemade broth is patrician, I can only recommend it

they slurp it hot? those girls must have tough throats

Why are people harassing you during work? You should talk with your boss.

Yep to this day. People will sometimes harass me on my way to and from work solely because I'm wearing a tie.

I wouldn't say I have a preference. I just use them when they are available. They are good for grabbing things, that's about it.

Being so racist.

It's called sauce.

>"hello"
>"hello"
>"uuuuuuuuuh, so, how's things?"

yeah basically but slurping it is as effective as blowing on it before drinking a bit

>Not knowing you aren't actually being asked a question because they don't really give a fuck it's just a generic greeting

Are you autistic?

Tracksuits and leather jackets but I guess it's probably because we're poor

An example of someone who sucks at conversation and should stop trying. If I wanna speak to you, you'll know it.

It's disgusting, just blow on it.

I spent 1.5 years in S.E Asia.
The reason why?
Your food is already cut, no need for knives.
Also, many of your dishes are soup based.
It's a clever move, let the chef do the work.
I mastered chop sticks, but in real Asia, I just watched fat dudes using them as rice shovels with the bowl on their chin.
Why don't they eat the fucking rice with the spoon?

And what is the subject of the thread you literal retarded faggot?

And a fork does not roll noodles better than two sticks?

Shit, dude, I never had that. Do you travel through some artsy neighbourhood that hates 'the man' or something? What do people say?
I stopped wearing a tie at work as it's not compulsory (and I dislike it), but I'm beginning to think it looks unprofessional, may start up again.

ah
see the difference is sauce is used to flavor existing foods, broth can be consumed alone, it merely becomes soup after adding other ingredients
eating/drinking sauce by itself is just weird

And this is a lie. They really want me to ask how they're doing. And when I dont, they're butthurt little bitches about it.

Ah, I forgot I was on Sup Forums. I'll just leave you to sit in the corner and scowl.

Ties mean you mean business.
And I mean that literally.
One of the best quotes I ever read was from B.B King.
"If you want to succeed in life, dress everyday like you are visiting your bank manager to ask for a loan."
I use his ethos daily, not failed whenever I do it.

Drinking broth by itself is weird aka stupid too.

>what is bovril

Just the other week a panhandler slow clapped me.

>he doesn't enjoy a warm mug of turkey broth every morning for a week after thanksgiving

This.
It's considered rude to give someone food that they have to cut up--you haven't fully prepared it for them and left the last part to them. Or so I understand it to be.

>you boil the bones of beef/turkey and it leeches the minerals into the water to create broth

Peasant behaviour.

Centuries ago, the Croats had a fashion of wearing a handkerchief around the neck. Croat diplomats in Paris impressed the pants off the frogs, and so the French court started wearing them. Everyone had a hard-on for the French at the time, and so the fashion spread. It stuck around because they are aesthetically pleasing, unlike other Frog fashions, like powdered wigs.

The real question is why people all around the world wear Western style suits.

Wear a tie user.
It shows you give a fuck for tradition.
And have a higher code than the degenerates.
Buy a nice Italian black tie.
Then watch promotions roll in.
In management with interviews and trial periods etc, I keep the lads with ties on.

I wouldn't classify a greeting as harassment

peasants did what they had to
also screw you it tastes great and is great for you

My entire meal dumped in a bowl of water. Just the way I like it.

Kek, that's pretty funny. But that's just him projecting his shit onto you because you look successful. Next time, just say 'thanks, buddy, I needed that' with a big smile on your face.

Bin that Chopstoick

Bovril is how we won The Battle of Britain.
Basically "Beef Tea".

Cheese rolling

We roll a cheese down a hill and chase after it.
Whoever catches the cheese gets to keep it

Exactly. Couldn't the gooks come up with better eating implements than a couple of twigs? Aren't they supposed to be smart?

Why are you subhumans using metal for the chopsticks?

You're thinking about two people meeting each other. Naturally you ask "how are you". What the other guys is saying is when fucking checkout clerks at the supermarket or people at the office ask it passing by and you aren't really able to answer unless you stop it's always rushed and it goes something like this
>howre you
>yeagoodthkshwru
>good
>yeagood

Everyone around the world wants to wear a suit like the noble huWhite man. They wanna be us. I don't blame them.

Yeah, I think I'll start up again.
In an interview or probationary/trial period, I cannot imagine anyone being foolish enough to turn up sans tie. It's like going to a wedding wearing a tracksuit.

True, also if you did this in Cambodia, ill make a crude MS paint drawing.
You would literally be murdered if you put your chop sticks at rest in your food like so...

The reason why? "Sage".
They burn sage at funerals.

>Drinking too much alcohol
>Working for work, because work is the most important thing, then drinking too much alcohol Friday and Saturday because work sucks

>As a burger I always wonder

why some states frown upon conceal carry
and others on open carry

is it polite to not make liberal unconfortable?
or not make cops unconfortable?

Ha ha, yeah, I hate it when people ask how you are, right as they are passing you and you have to turn around and quickly say 'hi, I'm good, thanks, how are you?...' and by then they're halfway down the hall and you look like a complete tit.

My country imports massive numbers of refugees that have no skills except camel herding so we built a camel centre and import massive numbers of camels that have no skills

Fuck off.
Peasants lived and became longbow men from these tricks.
The wealthy got gout and weak.
We should have had the Day of The Rope then.
Oh, we did...lel.

Amen.

And then you have to import pimps for the camels.....it's a never ending circle.

At the supermarket I strictly interpret this as "Did you find everything ok, any problems, etc?" and almost exclusively reply with "I'm good, thank you" which they often seem to appreciate that I'm not asking them to perform yet more work by soliciting a response. It's none of my fucking business how the cashier us doing. Do I care? Yes I show it by bagging my own fucking groceries. Empty gestures everywhere I go.

I use the ultimate tool for eating, its all natural and was given to us by God himself. They're called hands, use them to grab food and stuff them into your face you retard.

Trust me mate.
I went from phone bitch for Vodafone Ireland to Cell Tower Management, then controlled the entire cell system (Nokia own the towers btw, in ALL countries, interesting side fact).
I climbed the ladder by making an effort.

Do they feed it into your mouth whilst making aeroplane noises as well?

>Tommy_Lee.jpg
I see what you're doing

forks

>mind blown

I have litterally never heard of this, are you from some little backwards island like in that movie the wickerman?

Duterte. Checks out.

No, it's a traditional code of conduct.
Something we are losing.
Basically, it's respect to your patrons of your establishment.

I dunno, buddy, you'd have ask them. I'm sure they could arrange it; you'd be amazed at what they'll do for just 'five dorrar'.

>this shit retarded

You want to see the death toll mate!
Loads of people die every year! haha!
It's like "Rice Kites" but more violent.

You don't understand that?
Seems pretty simple to me.
Chase the cheese down the very steep hill.
Winner is whoever doesn't die.

I never understood greetings each other with cheek to cheek kisses

it's awkward and height difference doesn't help either

t. Mohammed

As someone who uses chopsticks a lot (forced to when dining outside at least), chopsticks are obsolete to the fork in almost every way. They're good for scooping and picking up stray bits of lettuce in your salad. Big shit.
Noodles are best eaten with a fork and spoon. And your steak shouldn't already be diced for you. That's barbaric.

So it’s basically a Darwin Award competition.

Do people actually wear these? I always thought it was a myth.

>If you want to succeed in life, dress everyday like you are visiting your bank manager to ask for a loan.

So t-shirt and jeans? My bank manager does not care what I wear as long as I have good credit and income.

Are they comfy? Sure as fuck don't look it.

The laying of hands

>person fucks me over
>Oh no I'm so sorry about that!
>gently lays their hand on my shoulder

Are these people so self absorbed they think their mere touch is some type of atonement? Fucking Scum nuclear war when. And people will still do it. Buncha deck chair rearranging children.

Shut up mexico you invented tortillas to hold your food because you couldn't even into two twigs.

Thanks for those burritos though really appreciate it.

pretty comfy,use them for gardening purposes all the time