Macross Delta

Preview images soon

>Meanwhile in an alternate universe

Other urls found in this thread:

macross.jp/delta/story/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I love the aesthetic of the ED, and I don't want to stop wow woh wow woh-ing, but we're going to get a second ED next episode, aren't we?

I'm completely fine with a new ed. I think it'll reflect a more serious turn that i think the second half is going to take. I'm also hungering for new songs, we haven't had one since 10

wowowow for life regardless though.

There is no reason not to have a second ED. You can always go back and watch the old one if you want

Just finished watching Macross Plus and Macross Zero.

Macross Plus felt like a weird experimental Macross mixed with ghost in the shell. Wasn't too fond of the story's pacing.
Macross Zero was a lot easier to swallow and had plot points that were relative to the macross story. The ending was really pretty even if I wasn't too happy with the implications behind it.
Both had great aesthetic and graphical appeal. (Both the art itself and the designs.) However Plus felt very lacking in the music department and character depth. Zero had some degrees of character depth, even if it wasn't much, and the one song that it did have was really pretty and made the final scene perfect for what it was trying to accomplish.

Haya-sen please fuck my runepussy.

>but we're going to get a second ED next episode

There's a chance it will be episode after next but the days of wowowow are coming to a close either way.

>Macross Plus
>Wasn't too fond of the story's pacing.

Did you watch the OVA?

>Plus felt very lacking in the music department
Whoa, the first time I read this. Most people love Voices and are fond of Sharon Apple's music.

Yeah. I suppose it wasn't so much the pacing as it was that I didn't like how it left several plot points up to assumption. Which, I can understand why they did because they are easily inferred, and the OVAs covered what they needed to in the time alloted. But I feel like it could have benefited a bit from an extra 5 or ten minutes to wrap things up.

How long until Freyja loses horribly?

Shut up, Mirage.

Voices is nice, yeah. I didn't get too much of an impact from it though. The other music felt very ominous. Don't get me wrong. I think it fit the setting PERFECTLY. However, I supposed I got too used to the poppy music found in most of the other series. I'd like to add that I did like Plus, but I certainly enjoyed Zero more even if for shallow reasons. The implications and story within Plus was a lot more intricate than the rest of Macross which I certainly appreciated.

Personally when it comes to Plus, I just hated all the characters. Like I just wished everybody would shut up and I wanted to get back to the VF fighting. I didn't even care about that shitty love triangle

Music is one of the few parts of Plus that I'd never heard anyone criticize before this.

>Mirage
You mean Miragefag right? Mirage's a good girl. Freyja's best girl though.

Plus doesn't do much for the lore of Macross, other than perhaps answer the question why earthlings aren't using drones a whole lot. It, along with 7 that came out at around the same time do a lot of worldbuilding though. It's the first show to establish earth having colonized other planets, 7 is the frst to really go with the immigration fleet thing. The expanding world of the Macross setting is one the things I like the most about the franchise, and why I'm so completely bored with II.

I don't get the complaint about the music though, it's Yoko Kanno being Yoko Kanno, and the music here isn't really meant to sell cd's as much as to be tools for the show. The songs are largely meant to be kinda alien and weirdly futuristic. And since it's Kanno, its pretty well made to boot.

It being ominous is kinda the point, since the idol is the last big bad in the show.

Freyja is the best girl of the season, and I don't even want to dick her that much. I'm a little unsure what this feeling is.

When will Walkure sing frontier's song. DYRL and Kyunkyun are great but I want something different.

I wonder which one of them moved their desks together

>and the music here isn't really meant to sell cd's as much as to be tools for the show

For a work of its size Plus had a pretty respectable number of CD releases (four I think.)

In any case Kanno can do work meant to move CDs well enough too, she did composition (and often lyrics) on the vocal tracks for Frontier in addition to the BGM.

Freyja's younger so they're in the different class.

It means she's your waifu

They haven't sang Kyunkyun yet either. The only legacy song has been REMEMBER 16

>Mirage is class rep
>Delta members are student council
>Ernest is principle

What are the other Walkures though?

I found the music VERY atmospheric. "Lacking" was a bad choice of words on my part honestly. The great music didn't mainly come from pop songs that litter the other Macross shows, but rather the background music. Its nothing like I expected. Like I said, the eerie atmosphere really helped the thematic tones of the OVAs. The concert parts seemed much more eerie than anything, and I found myself more engrossed with the visuals in it than the actual music. The visuals may have overshadowed my thoughts on the music I suppose.

Choir club. Or Delta is disciplinary committee, Walkure is Student Council.

Cheerleaders.

Mirage is a year older than Hayate. Does this mean she's repeating a year because she's dumb as fuck?

Cheer squad or school idols. And of course Freyja wants to join

Mikumo gives the entire football team blowjobs under the bleachers.

Kaname is trying to get into the pants of a mature teacher.

Makina and Reina are in woodshop, and Makina likes to gives boys service while they work.

Probably enrolled in her first year of school late for some reason or another. Has an inferiority complex about it.

>Remember 16 on Messer's death
AHAHAHAHA

>The expanding world of the Macross setting is one the things I like the most about the franchise
Agree. And one of the reasons why I'm enjoying Delta so much is because I feel like it's using all that lore and worldbuilding to its full extent while expanding it at the same time.

More.

How about Windemere knight?

MORE.

Rival high school that keeps hijacking the PA system.

PREVIEW FUCKING WHEN

So Freyja changed the school because she want to join Walkure.

Talking about the worldbuilding makes me think that I kind of agree with Kawamori from that one interview where he was talking about the idea of Macross series without the full set of three main elements. I certainly wouldn't mind a Macross series that was entirely without battles and was just focused on a story within the world (and probably featuring a love triangle and music,) or music + battles with no love, or love blooming on the battlefield without music.

>without battles
So Macross the Musical or Macross the Ride?

Chaos High had a famous choir club and Freyja wanted to join a similar club.
However Windmere High relocated the budget of the choir club to the basketball club effectively shutting it down so Freyja transferred schools.

This is a mechanic.

Don't know much about the content of those.

In the Forbes interview Kawamori was saying that every time he goes to make a new Macross series he tries to get the sponsors to sign off on giving him the creative freedom to drop at least one of the three "main elements" of Macross but they never agree to it (using the love triangle as an example, which a lot of people have taken to mean he specifically wanted to drop that for Delta.)

In any case I just think that Macross is enough of a well fleshed out sci-fi setting that you could do plenty of interesting stories entirely without military conflict having to be involved. Then again it'll probably never happen because toy sales.

Hubba hubba.

She needs her oil checked.

Every time she smiles it feels like a death flag.

The captain of the basketball team's kid brother shows up at games and pep rallies, though.

Macross the Ride is about some kind of civilian competition (race?) set on frontier a year or so before frontier. It features a ton of different FV's in very flamboyant colors and a large cast of pilots. LN series of 12 volumes i think?

I want to Hayate to fuck my rune so hard.

t.Frefre

Why

Have you seen how posh Windemere high is? They probably have an elementary school as well.

Cute.

Nips ship Freyja with everyone.

Keith should be with Kaname, not Freyja.

You want him to die this much?

Best girl: Sheryl
Best boy: Hayate
Best VF: 19

I think we're all in agreement, right?

>Best VF: 19
For mass produced one, yes. But for specialized custom, VF-25 Ozma custom still my favorite.

for the school theme

tribute to the 13ep. outfits

Freyja is like the fanart bicycle for shipping

Hew lewd Kaname-san!

She is.

Mmf

>aesthetic of the ED
It's Freyja's synesthesia.

Only on best boy

My favorite VF is the VF-4 actually followed by the Durandal

ICHIDO DAKE NO KOI NARA

I'm 50/50 on seeing a civilian one of those soon. Or was the info/rumor on the vf-4 delta connection ever laid bare?

It's still a rumor so far but it was listed somewhere apparently we just haven't seen it

>I'm 50/50 on seeing a civilian one of those soon.
Flashback 2012 was like 50 years ago in verse so it's beyond old hat now

What a precious hoina...

>Messer still shows up in Kaname-related fanart.
These fans will feel very sad when Arad/Kaname really begins.

So is the VF-1 and it got fanservice. I'm saying the same can happen for a vf-4. But me even thinking this is based solely on there being info (wether true or not) that there'd be a vf-4 delta connection. If that means actually showing up in the show, it'd 99% be an unarmed civilian craft, or maybe an antique in the dome. I don't expect it to see any serious action if it at all.

WINDNIGGER GENOCIDE SOON

All of Kaname's fanart is with Messer.

>Arad/Kaname
You mean Kaname/Hayate

Please tell me someone has leaked the Walkure single already.

Welcome to 5 days ago.

>implying it's going to happen

What? Give me a link, mate, I'm sauced, I'm in no fit state to search this on my own.

How late are you?

Wait, I found it. Fucking sick.

Search it yourself, faggot.

Mikumo kind of feels like she should have been the alpha dyke in some mediocre yuri show.

I really miss those training outfits. They were unnaturally sexual

She kinda is in this show.

She's alpha for sure, but despite the fan art there's not really anything to suggest she's a dyke. One can dream, though.

She held hands with Frayfray last episode. That's super gay.

>intertwined fingers
I'm surprised they're allowed to show this filth on TV.

>making a character with already large breasts have cow tits

It's shit everytime.

REMOVE ALL WINDNIGGERS

Whoever was Delta 2 back there, thanks for saving my ass.

t. BASARA

Word preview is out.
macross.jp/delta/story/

宇宙艦にトラブル発生。このままでは、電力も酸素もじきに供給が止まってしまう。エネルギー回路の爆発に巻き込まれて二人きりになってしまったハヤテとミラージュは、問題が起きたブロックの修理に向かうのだが――

脚本:根元歳三

>Hayate and Mirage episode
Fuck this, I want to see what Windermere is up to now that they have won the war.