To be or not to be...Catholic

I've been lapsed for about a decade. The church in it's current state is more subversive than Yuri Bezmenov. I don't want to belong to an organization that endorses the death of Europe. And the theology is so ridiculous it's absurd. What should I do? Attempt to rediscover faith or walk away completely? I'm tired of sitting on the fence about this. I'm willing to hear arguments for both sides

Other urls found in this thread:

rorate-caeli.blogspot.com
pappaspost.com/greek-orthodox-churches-become-makeshift-shelters-for-refugees-on-lesvos/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

www.fisheaters.com
www.sspx.org

Wasn't going to reply until I saw
>And the theology is so ridiculous it's absurd
This is the main reason why I left catholicism for something that you despise, Islam

rorate-caeli.blogspot.com

I'm not interested in SSPX or any other splinter groups

yes, because a sandfaggot going to heaven on horseback is much more theologically sound

I swear Ratzinger was deposed. Popes just don't "Resign" out of nowhere so a commie anti-pope can replace them

It's actually Islamic mythology.
But I guess believing in a Jew walking on water makes more sense.

>This is the main reason why I left catholicism for something that you despise, Islam

The las 60 years are a huge anomaly, the Church has been doing stuff that it has never ever done during the previous 1950 years. So you can't really just discard the Church because that.

On the other hand, most clergy and the pope are saying and doing very weird stuff. You say you're not interested into SSPX, well the mainstream stuff is all you have left my friend.

I'm a very, very bad Catholic and I'm barely a believer, but back when I cared more I would just ignore the pope and read old popes and saints.

It's not a splinter group, retard. Good luck making an informed decision if you're going to refuse to do research and let half-baked preconceptions guide you. What did you even hope to accomplish with this thread if you were going to stick your head in the sand with literally every suggestion? Fuck you.

That first one is a very good website, thank you for that

well im about to go to church, if u dont like catholic church become a baptist or somshit and if fucking is your thing become a mormon

then what is it? Because it isn't endorsed by the church. No need to get over the computer by the way

I hope you die a horrible painful death. Preferably, it'd be in a pig slaughter house, with the same bloodied tools they use on the pigs.

There's nothing inconsistent between Catholicism and what you describe. We are all one people and one kingdom, God's kingdom.

what's the point of being a catholic if you know you aren't going to be a good one?

There's always been subversive factions in the Church, but Catholic tradition has the remedy for the diseases of the modern era.

I'm a bad believer in general because in essence I simply don't care about that stuff, too lazy to do all my religious obligations and so on. Btw, if all the non good catholics stepped out of the Church, they'd be a handful of people left. My country is over 90% Catholic, mass on Sunday, corruption, crime, cheating and fraud for the rest of the week.

>corruption, crime, cheating and fraud for the rest of the week.

is post-communist instability to blame or are Croats just innately corrupt?

Be orthodox.

Our innate corruption was kept in check under Austria. Then communism made it blossom and now it's irreparable. People who don't have connections and can't be the part of the systems are leaving finally. Our population is about 4 million, 300 000 people left the country over the past few years. I would gladly come to America but I have to work for about 2 years to just get the cash that's needed for a fresh start.

This

>I would gladly come to America

I don't know how difficult immigration is for Europeans but for third world scum it seems to be pretty easy. Trump is attempting to fix that, and hopefully he does

can you even be orthodox without being Russian, Greek, Serbian, etc? And orthodox churches are few and far between in the states. Surely conversion wouldn't be easy either

I have 2 MAs, immigration as a formal process is not a problem. I just need cash to rent a place and buy food until I find a job. That's the main problem, just a plane ticket to NY costs my entire month's salary.

maybe there's some kind of living arrangement they have for new arrivals, like a boarding house? I'm unfamiliar with the process, but we definitely need more immigrants like you, and less muslims and third worlders who just set up scams and refuse to learn the language properly

Buy a cabin on a merchant ship for the trip over.
Stay in a hostel for your first month.

I'm a white european male, I doubt anyone's gonna offer me help.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll still need a year to save money regardless, especially since I can't get regular work.

yeah, you probably don't want to stay in NYC very long either. It's a big country. Look up jobs online from all over the country and pick out an area that seems nice to live. If 80 iq trash can somewhat make it in this country, you can too

How's NY state and Jersey?

upstate New York is essentially the midwest. Tons open space, mostly white communities, etc. I would avoid New Jersey. The whole state is a sewer that makes former Eastern Bloc countries look nice. I would personally recommend Texas because cost of living is cheap and business is booming. Living on the coast is expensive as hell

Can I live in Texas and still be a Jets fan? I hate the Cowboys.

You clearly know very little about Catholicism, and you don't seem interested in learning. The term endorsement is meaningless. SSPX bishops were formerly excommunicated but they are no longer and the traditional rites are fully sanctioned. So your objection is likely based on some severe misunderstandings

most Texans nowadays are transplants, so sure. It's kind of sad, seeing a once distinct cultural region of the country being homogenized by globalization

He gave you links explaining specifically how they arent splinter factions and then you sit there spouting the same lines again. How about you read those links instead of asking to be spoonfed petulantly...??

Well america is still a pipe dream for me at this point, I feel like I would just get lost and drown over there. I'm drawn by the NE coast vibe, but I would have absolutely nothing against the mid west. Also, I like american girls, they are very easy and nice to talk to.

>I like american girls, they are very easy and nice to talk to.

where did you get that idea? But it's a mixed bag. Some are okay, some are trash. They're mostly vapid though, so talking to them usually isn't very interesting

You're actually a retard lol. Not even close to how the Church works. You need to learn more about your faith before you do anything else, brainlet. SSPX is a fraternal priestlu organisation, so I'm wondering how you think your average parish priest is able to join if it's not part of the Church. Literally being a Catholic priest is a prerequisite lol

elaborate?

They come here over the summer. They're not uptight, they are open to kidding around, etc. Our girls are uptight gold diggers who don't really care for participating in a dialogue, they see men as court jesters that exist to entertain them and pay for their shit.

>they see men as court jesters that exist to entertain them and pay for their shit.

they're all like that. They treat you nicely because you're "Different" which automatically makes you attractive to them. They like going to Europe so they can whore around no strings attached

Why u leaving brate :(

American girls tend to at least have hobbies. Ours are literally just walking vaginas, nothing more to offer, absolutely nothing.

I won't live off scraps that ''connected'' people leave for me. I'm sick of everything.

Is this a slide thread? Genuinely hard to tell going by OP.

Then become Batman and kill uhljebs at night. Things arenot going to become better if u leave.

I gave up on the topic. The church is a facade, it does nothing for me

pappaspost.com/greek-orthodox-churches-become-makeshift-shelters-for-refugees-on-lesvos/

I don't care what happens when I leave, the criminals and corrupt people deserve everything they get.