Berserk 2016 apprecation thread

Everybody who liked it, is welcome. Don't let the naysayers get you down. The story is import, not the graphics!

And the story was really good. Kind of a mixture of Stephen King and Tolstoy.

pity reply

>The story is import, not the graphics!

Go read the manga then.

I didn't like the first ep of the old anime either. I don't know if you're trolling or not, but give it some time.

Considering Berserk is heavy on battle scenes, they are of certain importance. But otherwise agree, I liked the comfy banter scenes in the old anime a lot, I hope they can achieve a similar atmosphere here.

how brain damaged are people who use "graphics" to describe artwork and animation?

>story was really good

THEY FUCKED IT UP THOUGH

the bar was set up by the 1997 version, somehow they fucked it all up and went down a notch in every aspect. Was Miura even watching its production?

True but what's the point of an anime adaptation if it will worse than the manga? I mean the whole point of adapting a manga to an anime is to make the pages come alive.

The 2D parts were good
The OP was good
The OST was good
That's it.

>sees success of other shitposting bait thread
>wants to recreate it
Fuck off. There's already multiple threads for this piece of shit show, don't spam the board.

this is not edited in any way

how about you kill yourself right fucking now

The op wasn't really that good. I don't mean the song, I mean the images used for the OP. They were kinda generic and not that telling of the actual plot. At least the plot that this anime will cover.

The OST being the OP, ED, and Hai Yo, because the rest of the soundtrack is fucking boring.

when the "anime" is a videogame, graphics is the perfect word

There are plenty of bad shots in the anime, don't use an animation smear from the OP where there was actual good animation to shit on this.

This is the worst animated shit ive ever seen and ive been downloading anime for like 18 years now (watching them since infancy probably).

Ive seen ps1 fmvs that looked better than this shit.

Fuck off OP. This is actually something legit the board can bitch and whine over for once.

We finally get something after the eclipse and it skips lost children and is in terrible CGI. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the episode, but I enjoyed it because it was berserk, not because it was particularly good. Also, CGI Puck looks awful.

Entire episode was like an American show parodying anime.

Stiff and ugly as fuck.

you're clearly not watching enough shitty anime.

Is that one of those 3D sex simulators?

I kinda dislike that it is skipping the lost children arc but its better then nothing

Looks very much like if the guys who did Teekyuu drew Berserk.

Wait, that is factually exactly what happened. How in the fuck is it even possible a boutique studio doing 2 min shows with almost no animation got tasked with handling Berserk? Seriously, just, how? I very much suspect Miura loves Teekyuu and had beers with the guy running Milleepensee and said purely as a joke "ha I know Teekyuu has the most pro animation ever, I should totally do Berserk, ha!" to which Miura went "Hell, I'd let you do it if you can find a way to make a full length show" and this is what happened.

I didn't like it, but it was better than the first episode of the old anime, plus now that they have 23 episodes for Conviction, they will probably stay loyal to the manga.

And then, if you consider that CGI shows get much easier and cheaper to do the longer they run, because the models and textures don't have to be redone then this show can only get better.

No one gives a fuck about what reddit thinks, seriously, fuck back home retard.
They're right though, fuck them for ruining Casca.

>Low FPS computer generated graphics

FUCKING DROPPED!

go away con man

Are they sticking to the boat or are they going to do a bunch of filler?

it was disgusting. kill yourself

Animu like this prove that 3D is pig disgusting in anime too.

>better than the first episode of the old anime

Despite everything being disjointed and having no clue what the fuck is going on despite reading the manga multiple times, I still enjoyed it.

Even though it may not be a faithful adaptation and feels overall very experimental, I still enjoyed it.

>yfw the anime spends the second half of it's episodes on the boat to properly simulate the 8 years we waited

His face when "Talking" was laughable.

Damn shame, the 2D "actual anime" parts looked very good.
I stopped reading after the scare crows and waited for it to get some chapters. Did it get any?

Does interpolation help? I switched from the 90s anime to the manga after the second episode, but now that this is airing weekly I might enjoy an anime adaption.

>No one gives a fuck about what reddit thinks
>they're right though and I agree with them
You first, faggot. You sound like you'll fit right in.

Which has better graphics as well lol.

>then this show can only get better
I'll screenshot this and post it again when the final episode airs, thanks

Fuck yourself if you didn't the Guts and Blood wasn't fucking awesome.

Love the subtle facial stuff with eyes and hair.

Just glad to have another anime with little to no teenager horseshit

>adapting the Golden Age arc in the OP
how the hell does this arc keep getting adaptations

Guise why did they cut out so much of the "Black Swordsman" Arc?
They cut out Guts killing the sex demon that got Corkus
They are likely cutting out the "Elf Children" Arc
Who's Idea was this?

>Who's Idea was this?
The Jews.

I smell a plot by Miura to make Millepensee a bunch of money so they can do infinite Teekyuu.

At a bar, it must have gone down like,
>Miura: God damn it why aren't you guys making more Teekyuu, fuck why can't you make a full length of it ever like what happened to Yama no Susume?
>MP: Well if we had the money and sta-
>Miura: I've got it! I'm sitting on a big moneymaker, you guys should have it so you can make more Teekyuu for me, trust me it's guaranteed to print money and I want a full length Teekyuu film

Miura also could have done it as a big fuck you to probably dozens of studios that have approached him over the years wanting to do it. Or maybe no studio has offered it because none of them have the staff or talent to do it justice so he handed it off to a personal favorite figuring the end result would be hardly any different.

RWBY eat your heart out.

when does it ever not produce a broken mess

/thread

I'm just thinking it might help with the shitty low framerate 3D graphics

Studios don't really approach creators about potential adaptations

Haven't seen it yet. Which one is better original or this version?

Yo they skipped tons of shit.

The only way to fix that is to fix the actual animation

>Ufotable has their own special "digital team"
>Millepensee has nothing and they draw only Teekyuu
>Teekyuu sells like shit
According to MAL there is two studios.
>Millepensee
Teekyuu
>GEMBA
Unknown one. I'm pretty sure they made everything. Some ching chongs poor 3D studio.

Well I mean a lot of people considered that not canon anyways because of autisim
But skipping Lost Children is inexcusable

the manga

They probably can't show something like that on TV

some music was good
some shots were good
holy shit what the fuck is up with the story

I've read parts of the Manga, but will continue to read it eventually.

I'm honestly having trouble finding something to like

I am a huge fan and this was disappointing and I went in with low expectations

I guess it was cool to see Guts in action again but fuck man, Berserk is one of the oldest and most influential manga ever and why can it never get a traditional well animated series

There will never be a good Berserk anime

>That music

I did honestly enjoy it, came in expecting trash CGI and it actually had more hand drawn stuff than I expected. Story was rushed for the start, but Guts's character was alright, and from next episode they should be falling in line with the Tower of Conviction storyline.

MP is hardly a studio though, in fact it was rumored to be mostly run by just one guy. So this is one of the few studios where a barside bromance actually could lead to decisions being made. After all I don't think Earth Star cares much as long as Teekyuu/the spinoffs continue to bring attention to their magazine, and it's not like Mille was working on anything else besides that anyway.

They go from implying griffiths got fucked in the butt to a flying naked 9 year old boy tied up with fat drunks throwing knives in between his legs.

Whats next cross dressing loli sorceresses? Jesus fucking christ.

>lol

Underage/10

a link to the episode pls ?

fuck off retard

Is that why we're skipping to the worst fucking arc?

Sorry for the autism but I Genuinely don't understand in what scenario it would make more sense to hand draw the background and background characters but not the central, focal point of the scene. Most shows that use CG choose to use it on incidental background imagery, yet here it's the opposite, where obviously the ugliest aspect of the scene is the most central. Surely it can't be a financial decision, but also it couldn't be a stylistic decision because the CG obviously looks worse. What the fuck happened?

why so rude m8 ?

Is that why we're skipping the worst fucking arc?*

>MP is hardly a studio though, in fact it was rumored to be mostly run by just one guy.
There are other animators. Itagaki just does a bunch of work.

>So this is one of the few studios where a barside bromance actually could lead to decisions being made.
I think those decisions were limited to having Itagaki be the director, not him going out of his way to adapt Berserk. He was surprised when he was asked to direct it too, by the way.

>it's not like Mille was working on anything else besides that anyway.
They do a bunch of inbetweening work.

The drawn people are literally part of the background, they are still pictures.

You look lost there, child.

can't find the episode anywhere

The ending looks like Take on me...