Daily Reminder: Norway and Saudi Arabia before the discovery of oil

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SJA3ZLaeO_w
youtube.com/watch?v=Sr2wjxOro9Y
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_regions_by_past_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita#Europe_1830.E2.80.931938_.28Bairoch.29
youtu.be/R65YyM7fB7U?t=2m23s
youtu.be/Sr2wjxOro9Y
wikiislam.net/wiki/Was_Muhammad_a_Pedophile?
youtu.be/Qd-T3LGF1nI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Norway was poor but better than Saudi Arabia. They had figures like Roald Amundsen and Edvard Grieg.

Nope

There are a myriad of nice looking towns from before norway had oil. No idea about Saudi Arabia and don't care either way.

WE

top looks comfy af desu

Better comparation is Norway and Saudi Arabia after the ending of oil

At least the Saudis have build modern roads since that picture was taken

Denmark is Norway without the oil. We did pretty well despite a lack of minerals.

That being said, no doubt that norway looks like a nicer place in that picture. What is the point?

Before discovering the life blood of modern tech, these states were more primative
Go figure dipshit

I dont understand your point. Norway pre oil was white and descent. Saudi Arabia pre oil was shitskin savages.

Saudi Arabia is now shitskin savages with money

I want to go to Norway.

Norway was a nice place even before oil.

youtube.com/watch?v=SJA3ZLaeO_w

>Whites after the American Dream.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sr2wjxOro9Y

Look at how based this is!

The pre-oil days were pretty comfy

>havnelosen

HARRU FÅTTA PÅ KASSA SA FOLK

>norway looks like a nicer place
>I want to go to Norway
>Look at how based this is!
>pretty comfy

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_regions_by_past_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita#Europe_1830.E2.80.931938_.28Bairoch.29

fuck you for making me look this up you fucking overweight disgusting burgertard

according to this economist norway has been one of the richest countries in europe for almost 200 years

why dont you go get shot at a mcdonalds and shut the fuck up

Well back then you joined a ships crew at 14 and saw half the world before you where 20, ive heard some crazy stories this old guy i knew was in north korea and even saw the old kim in a parade.

Was it really that bad landsmenn? I know old bastards with fucking 15+ bastard children in every port from back then, my bastard grandfather that i never met comes to mind.

Fuck wealth it has ruined us.

youtu.be/R65YyM7fB7U?t=2m23s

we always had wealth, ever since we stole all the gold in europe a thousand years ago

success just happens to breed jealousy

>Fuck wealth it has ruined us.

With that sentiment, your culture will be well-suited for life in the years to come.

Looks like North Dakota if you take out the mountain, desu.

average household 20 years before oil was discovered.

speak for yourself

enjoy your dollar collapsing

enjoy the ensuing chimpouts

enjoy the ensuing police state

enjoy your mad max copyrighted apocalypse experience (tm)

what are you gonna do when they run out of burgers, both literally and figuratively

And need brings adventure and life experience, something 90% of everyone born after the 80s missed out on, wasting away infront of screens.

If there is a god he will throw us out into the cold for our own good.

You must treat well your national heroes user

what is that blurred out

>shareblue-tier wording

is norway usually chilly

>national hero
kills white people

retard. Norway was a developed 1st world country long, long before they discovered the bulk of their oil deposits

Vackra Norge :)

I wasn't being facetious or condescending. A work ethic and desire for austere wholesomeness are things to be admired, I think. Though you obviously don't yearn for more simple times as your neighbor to the north does.

Hahahahahahahahhahahaha

OP doesen't even know that Norway puts every cent from the oil sale into a kikeowned pensionfund, that now owns about 1,2% of the worlds stocks. Only indirect money, such as salaries and cash for equipment goes to Norway, the rest is just waiting patiently as papermoney for the future FIAT money crash. Noreay even has a 500bil dollar loan from worlds banks (with standard interest ofc) because smart politicians want "fluent" money instead of using inflexible oilmoney Norway has locked in Merchant hands

hhahahahhahahjahhha joke's on you OP hahahhehahhahah

Takk takk. My hometown. Not that good looking any more but you know.

Yeah it varies but it gets pretty chilly. And pretty darn freezing in the north. Summers are very nice though, except this last one was shit.

>insert picture of native americans from 1910

fucking idiot

Norway is definitely being smarter than saudi with its oil money also. They're saving the bulk of it for the future in usable assets, the saudis are just spending like fucking crazy and selling their oil like mad, it's going to run dry soon

thats literally every country.

Yeah I personally dont think many Nations come close to the natural grandeur of america though. Even your deserts in the West are a step above africas and the middle east etc. Treasure it while you still can!

Man, i play airsoft in Nesbyen sometimes.

Here, take this picture from Hemsedal

we are saving for the future norwegians, the immigrants :D fug

>blurred out
Photo of Karl Marx

Nice try achmed. You're still not white

To be fair you cannot directly compare two countries without considering their histories. Saudi Arabia is a new entity, before their independence they were ruled by the Ottoman Empire and various minor tribal warlords, with the Sauds being among those local warlords who rose to prominence during the Arab revolt. Meanwhile Norway had been independent for a much longer time before oil was discovered and even then was part of Denmark or Sweden throughout most of its history, both fairly wealthy, developed, and liberal (in 18th and 19th century sense, not the modern sense) countries.

I want to pull up the biography of a famous Italian tradesman who got himself stranded together with his men in Northern Norway in the 1600s, and had to live in a Norwegian village until winter. He described the Norwegians as the most pure, civilized, christian and morally superior people he had ever met.

>commies
>people

One is a picture of a road.

One is a picture of a series of dwellings

You put two pictures of the same objects together in order to draw a differentiating comparison. How is this hard?

>Nice try adolf. You're still not aryan

Shutup burger.

Better than my 650€/month 11m2 (about 110 sqft) room /w shared bathroom and kitchen.

>norway's entire history consists of being dominated by it's neighbors

>denmark
The Viking conqueror
>norway
The cuck fisherman

So? They've managed to capitalize on oil revenue and furnish their populace with high standard of living, unlike all sorts of niggeristans who squandered oilbux with little positive result.
I'm looking at you, Russia.

tfw my tiny apartment as a STEM student at our best uni is comparable to our prisoners' cells

5,2 million people from norway and you want a civil war 'commies vs nazis?'

Would be a better comparison if you had posted two backwoods roads instead of just one from Norway and then a packed city from Saudi Arabia.

Not an argument.

Norway 4 decades before oil: youtu.be/Sr2wjxOro9Y

It's called IQ, and the arabs are lacking it.

Today, West Texas' prolific Permian basin produces around 2.5 million barrels a day.

Norway looks ideal. Actual paradise.

>norway had horse drawn carraiges, roads and pristine landscape
>saudi arabia has a bunch of arabs fucking a donkey outside of mud huts
Really makes you think

wikiislam.net/wiki/Was_Muhammad_a_Pedophile?

You americans are infecting our paradise.

reeee

Yeah fuck us for giving you decent affordable cars

Norway was actually quite a bit industrialized way before then, the abundance of hydro power made it economically viable to produce goods, especially the refinement of Bauxite to Aluminum of which Norway was for a long time the biggest producer in the world.

Norway also had a huge merchant fleet, at the outbreak of the 2nd world world it was the biggest in the entire world

I just don't like soccer mom vehicles.

>saying commies aren't people means he wants a civil war in his country and that he's a nazi
Fuck off you dirty kike, I'd rather get rid of all commies and live in a land of maybe 2,5 million people than coexist with brainwashed idiots

No one does, but soccer moms like driving them

well shit you're right. They will spend it all on minarets and fancy shit before one year is done
fucking subhumans :DDDD

Me balcony view. Gosh it's chilly out right now.

It's maybe affordable in the US. But over here a brand new Tahoe costs around $120 000 because of taxes on engine size and weight. If you want seats in the back of the car as well you have to pay close to $200k for a new Tahoe... I'm not kidding.

/thread

Derfor kjörer jeg en '93 camry :)

>that picture
kek, i do love sylvi

>I'd rather get rid of all commies

Forget the arab spring, now it's all about the norwegian winter.

US army coming soon for the oil and gold. Price for your freedom snow*****

Saudi Arabia has had pearls and were very very wealthy till china farmed sea water pearls and hyper inflated their value which completely and utterly destroyed their economy.

>"saving" money in jewish pyramid scheme instead of building a big beautiful wall on border of neighbor shitskin country with helipads, radar and autoturrets

>Better than my 650€/month 11m2 (about 110 sqft) room /w shared bathroom and kitchen.
Not if you are locked in your room and the only way to meet other people is through the shared common areas. Varg had a youtube videos about jail in Norway and he liked the old worn out prisons best simply because shared showers etc ment more social interaction, in the new ones you where just locked up in your room because you didn't need to leave to shower. Keep in minds this isn't in the US so shared shower doesn't automatically mean anal rape.

Same reason why women in the sandbox ruin the water pipes the western help organisations build for them from the well to their compounds. They are only allowed to go outside the house and socialize with other women if they actually have a chore to do, like fetching water.

>"smart"

Build the swedish containement zone now.

Aye, Norway was undeveloped compared to Sweden but that's mostly because you where basically a colony of Denmark and then Sweden. Norway would have gotten decent without the oil and it will stay decent when the oil is gone. Saudi Arabia would have been an even bigger shithole without oil and it will be a shithole when the oil is gone.

Norway will only become a shithole if it (like Sweden) imports the same people that makes Saudi Arabia shithole.

>spend it all on minarets and fancy shit

The net worth of the entire royal family has been estimated at well over $1.4 trillion

Saudi's oil reserves are owned by Saudi Aramco, which is in turn owned by the Saudi Arabian government. Aramco is the largest company in the world with over $10 trillion in assets.

youtu.be/Qd-T3LGF1nI

The myth that we were poor before ww2 is just leftist propaganda spread by our labour party

We have a few hundred jews in Norway. Tens of thousand in Sweden, hundreds of thousands in Germany and millions in the US.

We had the worlds highest GNP long before we discovered oil. What's your point?

>be american
>be US marine
>used to comfy nice temperatures back home in the states
>get orders to invade Norway for their oil
>HereWeGoAgain.jpeg
>arrive in Norway
>nearly freeze to death while on a recon mission
>be -3 degrees
>get new assignment telling you to attack an airbase
>start the assault
>forget the nords actually have a some well trained soldiers
>get shot