Shows that used CG to good effect

Shows that used CG to good effect.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o0K7XTTNuc8
youtu.be/XG9-cXbQ27Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Were waiting OP post one show.

Sidonia gave me motion sickness

Best CG I've seen in an anime has to be Akito the Exiled, although I've seen people here disagree with me

Arpeggio of Blue Steel

Dunno if the CG was good because the plot was shit and I bailed.

Gankutsuou

Eto-tama

Ajin

Garo the animation. Dem armors and fights

Did Garou get better? I dropped it at S2

I can't recall better cg in anime than this.

The best
This too,they actually did a god job with the armor in combat

Only HnK and the upcoming movie though
GnT was a disappointment

GitS:SAC had good use of CGI

None. I haven't seen a single anime that used CG well and I've watched every single anime in this thread.
No, that was a 10/10 anime with really stupid CG giant robots thrown in, which is the worst part of the series.

Watch all of Divine Flame. Forget Crimson Moon exists.

Bubuki Buranki had some good cg

GnT sucked
But the movie Divine Flame receive overall positive feedback in Japan

Jojo openings

Tokyo Ravens

MJP.

no fucking torrents in english tho nobody wants to translate it i guess

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHA

No it didn't.

GIRL UND FUCKING PANZER

RWBY
I can't see the top half of my screen where my r/anime folder is; fedora is in the way, so you'll have to believe me.

BD and DVD aren't even out yet

Did you guys like the Harlock movie? I didn't care for the faces but Harlock had sexy hair

>I dropped it at S2
Just like everyone else.

Only the ships look good desu.

Etotama

Ping Pong if you know where to look

I thought it was pretty well done.

impatience and ignorance make a bad combination i guess. thanks for the info

I don't desu

Yes, this is the only correct answer.

Last Exile S1.
Not that CG was "good". It just fit in better than you'd expect.

Why isn't this the standard for cgi anime?

manga was better

I would agree with you except for the shots when they stick their heads out of the tanks and It looses realism because they kinda look pasted there like flat paper dolls.

looked ok in my opinion. the show wasn't interesting. but the CG looked acceptable.

technical execution: 9/10
aesthetics: 3/10

>A single frame with closed mouths and all characters looking at camera.
>CG looked acceptable.

Yeah sure tell yourself whatever you want.

It was good.

Why isn't Pixar animation the standard for daytime television? Because it's time-consuming and expensive as fuck. That's why it's reserved for full-length movies.

It was really solid, except when the characters were walking. Amazing sound design too.

I hope they can make the show make sense in cour 2.

>anime faithfully adapting the manga never

I was gonna fire back with a webm to prove my point but I have to download it first and nobody is seeding this show so I really think my point is proven already.

This killed Sailor moon

Sidonia CGI is terrible, more with the talking worm

There are plenty of seeds though.

>aesthetics: 3/10
?

Berserk this season. Not the movies though.

>CGI anime

-15 frames per second
-choppy moves
-characters have weird faces with giant foreheads
-bad shading

Every time

>24 seeds
you lie

MJP had pretty good CG i dont have any webms of it though

In Haifuri mermaid sailors are out-of-place with the CGI boats

Does Show by Rock count? The CG/drawn depending on the world reminded me of Code Lyoko in a good way.

Disclaimer: I've only watched the first episode.

They call it animation because the things in the image move. Terrible walking, and in my opinion terrible movement in general are points against CG in this specific case.

I agree that still shots are pretty good but once everything starts moving It starts getting uncanny.

I just got the first episode downloaded and remembered what I fucking hated about this show FRAMERATES the 3DCG has a noticeably stuttering framerate and I am fairly certain that the backgrounds have a different framerate than the CG.

>tracker seeds represent actual seeds

Show by Rock CGI is better that pixar

Nope, don't like her design either.

i downloaded it a few days ago and it finished swiftly.

>Eto

youtube.com/watch?v=o0K7XTTNuc8

>-15 frames per second
2D anime does that too
>-choppy moves
2D anime does that too
>-characters have weird faces with giant foreheads
2D anime does that too
>-bad shading
that's a big issue

>ice is made of H2O, so if you can't drink it the problem is with you

yeah but were used to all of that in anime. CG gives character models a lot more physical depth which means its a lot more jarring if its done poorly

Ill retract my complaints it spent an overly extended time in the 0kb/s waiting for seeds but it is now hitting my cap so you win.

CG action can look pretty amazing, I'm really hype to see more of Berserk because of this.

well, ideally CGI anime would look roughly similar to traditionally animated anime. different process, same product.

One of the few series that did CGI to effect, Sidonia would of been up there if they didn't go janky 30fps.

>pic unrelated

This scene falls under the why didn't they just shoot him trope. CG is fine tho.

do the jojo ops count

Any dance animation.

A) have several animators spend years slavishly studying how the body of a dancer moves and study individual motions
B) just do mocap

>2D and 3D are the same.
Then why can I clearly tell the difference and why is 3D the one I find inferior.

Agreed. The poor performance of those supposedly trained operators really annoyed me since they had to be that way for the sake of the plot.

I've seen plenty of arguments over whether some mecha was done in 2D or 3D in a particular scene to know that it's nearly indistinguishable to some people.

We're obviously not yet at the point where it's a drop-in replacement for character animation. But at least some still images can also deceive you at first glance.

in the meantime, have this. i made it earlier to harvest some berserk tears

SmoothProject makes your anime have more frames by interpolating them. Soon, anime will only be 5 frames per second and the AI will do the rest.

>interpolation artifacts
no

>Still images used as arguent in a discussion about animation.

>deceive

I don't want to be deceived into thinking 3D is actually 2D. What I want is for 3D to be better than it currently is.

This for me has always been a discussion of quality. I like good 2D I like good 3D I don't like bad 3D or 2D. It just so happens that the 3D is worse or more noticeable or I have higher standards for it than 2D.

>interpolation bullshit
Enjoy your eye cancer.

Great now I can watch anime with a soap opera filter on it.

I don't care. Angela is perfection.

Mein negger.

Honestly this was the best thing I've seen so far. Actual non-choppy subtle movement. All the flashy high movement shit can fuck off.

Some people didn't like the clay-like texture they decided to go with, but the CG was solid and smooth. I think it suited their myumon forms pretty well.

Of course, Etotama also was amazing.

majestic prince

>I've seen plenty of arguments over whether some mecha was done in 2D or 3D in a particular scene
I can guarantee every one of those was 2D drawings rotoscoped from a 3D model.

Studio Orange doesn't fuck around.

Also is great.

>This for me has always been a discussion of quality.
pretty sure anime studios see it as a cost-saving measure. just maintaining the current quality at lower cost would seem more realistic. of course some improvements may eventually all out of this thing, but for now it's more downsides (less flexibility) than upsides.

Consider the switch from cels to digital. Colors sucked. Resolution sucked.
But we got more layers, easier fixes on the DVD (now BD) releases and over the years coloring improved where get nice gradients and colors that would have been unthinkable on cels. And we get some compositing effects (lighting, color filters) which may be of debatable benefit but they certainly were difficult or impossible before.

mhm, yes, subtle movements

Unlimited Blade Works used CG really well

>inb4 fatefags and antifatefags

Putting aside the plot, the fate franchise, and waifus, the show mixed CG and traditional animation very well. I especially enjoyed the second Lancer v Archer fight. The series uses traditional animation as the base, and CG for dazzle. This makes it so that the CG still looks like it belongs with the rest of the show, as there is regular animation being used as the base.

That being said, Caster's golems looked like shit. But the rest looked great.

Show By Rock's CG was cute once you got used to it, but the 2D and 3D are so different from each other, the switch is always jarring, especially in the first episode.
youtu.be/XG9-cXbQ27Q
ED visuals of the year though.

pic unrelated, right?

DId she just clench her ass?

She's disabled so the recoil freely wobbles her asscheeks.

Doubling the number of interpolated frames between key-frames isn't expensive, stutter is just irredeemable.