When the FUCK will anime become great again???

When the FUCK will anime become great again???

Fuck off.

Never. Anime became so self-referential and divorced from reality at this point that there will never be any fresh and noteworthy idea in it. It's nothing but mindless entertainment.

>When the FUCK will anime become great again
>posts worst girl

You fucked up user.

When moe will totally die. And some network/animation studio will grow the balls to experiment and do new things again.
Today industrybis all about going trough the paved road and copy/paste successfull selling points of other products.

>When moe
Stopped reading right there

Yeah. That's the point.

>pic unrelated.
>unless you're a cuck

When did it stop being great?
Or for that matter, was it ever great in the first place?

Reminder that the girl in the image is the reason anime is fulo of moe and idols.

She's also shit, and so is Risa.

>Make animu great again!

Yes, when moe. The actual problem though isn't moe's existence, it's the modern moe is vastly lower quality and based around inferior kinds of emotion compared to classic moe. Moeshit-fags will deny this, but it's true, and modern moe is based around inferior kinds of emotion in comparison.

Misa, I meant.

>inferior kinds of emotion
Stopped reading right there

>based around inferior kinds of emotion
What is this supposed to mean?

Your love is just eros.
Only agape is true love.

You casual.

so you want more and more people to watch anime? Cool, be prepared to have cancer edgy shows like OPM and SnK every season, be prepared to hear from normalfags around you "dude I watched this japanese cartoon it's just the best it's sooo cool!". Fuck no, I love anime because now more than ever is the only thing that is not so mainstream (at least in my country) to be cancer, if anime becomes really popular in the west it will start to loose its peculiarities, I don't want to see americanized shows, I just want my japanese autism. I don't even like moe shows that much but it's undeniable that moe is litterally saving the industry from becoming pure normalfag shit

>edgy shows like OPM
I don't follow.

English is not my first language, what I meant is that normalfags absolutely love OPM and think it's a great show, a deconstruction of shounen, the Anti-DBZ, when in reality it's just a mediocre shounen series

>putting DBZ over OPM
Autism is a hilarious disease.

normalfags do this, I think they're both mediocre shows, DBZ just has a nostalgic appeal to me

Retard.

It's just the typical teen. He'll grow out of it.

i'm 28 and have been into the medium for a long long time now, I don't want to see the things I love to turn into shit because the masses demand shit

If you've been in it for such a long time you should know that anime like OPM and DBZ have always been around. They are for a different demographic.
It's like saying chick flicks are ruining the action genre.

When characters have noses again

Noses are overrated. What we need is more armpits.

It won't. Things don't get better

Momiji anime?

they have always been around, yes, but when DBZ or other popular shows were brought to TV here all the kids didn't even know it was japanese and when they grew older almost all of them stopped watching animation, moe and cute girls create a social stigma, so that people with an active social life don't want to be associated to anime at all; if all the moe would leave then it would be more and more normal to watch anime and it will be the end of the industry as we know it. Expect less and less japanese localization in favor of a more "universal" localization

>if all the moe would leave
Yeah, I'll quote myself.
>It's like saying chick flicks are ruining the action genre.
Its not going to happen.

>when they grew older almost all of them stopped watching animation,
And they still do.
Sup Forums is full of people that have watched less than 50 shows.

MOAR SAWANO SOUNDTRACKS! WE NEED MOAR SAWANO SOUNDTRACKS NOW GODDAMMMIT!

Shitposting I guess? Nobody ever said anything posted on this shitshow of a board needed to reference reality.

People that truly think like this are actually why anime is so shit now. We should all point and laugh at their delusional shitposting

clearly needs a coop with kajiura

To be honest the only differences between then and now is that digital looks like crap and the modern character designers are shitty

Oh and CGI

The most important thing for me is that we ditch the awful designers working today and get some actual talent working. Everyone in modern times just gets hired because they like drawing trashy crap like physics defying huge tits

Sad

We have this thread all the time and OP always get BTFO for being stupid and casual.

Dragon Ball is a daytime anime and OPM is a Late Night anime that plays like it's a daytime anime and both are now on Toonami. This fact apparently angers retards that think anime should all be a certain set of things repeated over and over for 12 episodes every season so as not to attract more viewers of walks of life different from them because this somehow functions as a viable growth strategy and makes it likely that there will still be anything worth watching at all in a few years from now let alone another 10. Either really lame role playing as a stereotypical otaku for shitposting purposes or just fucking stupid people that get what they deserve with late night schlock.

I got no problem with cute girls, I just wish everything wasn't le silly light hearted plot
look at haifuri, recipe for success, and it turned out complete shit because the plot was pants on head retarded.

>le
Fuck off.

Personally I don't mind it moe, I just find the market saturated with it's cliches now and a lot of the current industries tropes and go to people are getting really old and played out of late. The script writing for a lot of these shows is just flat out abysmal too so it's not the moe and cute designs that are the problem at all. Like I actually feel less insulted watching a daytime show aimed at all ages like Dragon Ball Super or Sailor Moon Crystal than I do your average late night anime supposedly made for adults.

The designers are the ones practically carrying the industry now and possibly the only ones competent in their craft. How many things get completely carried by having popular character designs that get otaku drawing lots of fanart now?

anime will stop being shit when everything stops being FUCKING 12 EPS ONLY

Otaku pandering is not a good thing. The industry should die if its just being carried by fucking wastemen who hate original things and would prefer the same shit over and over

What we need is an end to dot-noses and side-mouth

Here you go.

This. I don't even like anime all that much - I mostly read manga - but holy shit do some people complain a lot. Seriously, if you don't like the plots or artstyles that have been the dominant trend for ages now, then you should have accepted and come to terms with that long ago, rather than fucking bitching 24/7 for years on end.

When Horizon S3 is announced.

>how dare those jap animators pander to otaku
>they should pander to us instead, we know what's best for them
Sure. Might as well make anime like western cartoons then.

They revived Toonami for people like you. Even though Toonami had plenty of "moeshit" on it back in the day. Idiots just don't like to remember it.

Fuck off back to Sup Forums.

Never.

If you think otaku are bad, then why do you keep watching late-night anime for otaku instead of mainstream anime for kids and families?

Animation as a whole will never be as good as it was 40 years ago
Its kinda depressing

>worst girl
Not if you're watching DYRL.

What "moe shit" did toonami have on it? Because I can't remember any.

Toonami usually always has shows that appeal to a western audience.

When satoshi kon will be resurrected

Hamtaro, Cardcaptors, Tenchi Muyo and Martian Successor Nadesico. Evangelion and Rurouni Kenshin could be included depending on who you ask.

Because some are still good, but usually only 1 a year, and that's almost always a comedy

>cardcaptors
/lel
it was literally edited to aim at boys

Minmay is really top qt.

I don't care how much of a bitch she is honestly.

Donald Trump will save anime.

The last show I enjoyed was Darker than Black

I got hyped for the Berserk anime, but it was just so fucking godawful

Anime died in the 80s

>Otaku pandering is not a good thing.
He wasn't defending otaku pandering, he was just saying that the character designers are able to carry entire shows because of how appealing their characters are, sometimes to otaku. Yes that is pandering but he's saying the character designers are doing their job; designing aesthetically appealing and interesting characters that get people to watch and commit. The shows would rise above otaku bait if the script writers would do their jobs and design interesting stories with those well designed characters.

Anime is better now than it's ever been before.

Go be a fag somewhere else.

Precisely. The issue is most always with the script and not character designs. There are more anime with great designs and bad scripts than vice versa.

Anime has never been worse than its today

Agreed, what makes me drop anime is almost always the dialogue.
Or I spend 25 minutes groaning at it

Isn't that also due to production committee meddling?

Is being wrong your fetish?

When Horizon S3 is announced.

That's not Mai HiME

If watamote season 2 get made.

Only ugly CG from now on

>Anime is better now than it's ever been before.
How can people really believe this as an objective fact? I just don't get it. Most of the greatest directors aren't even working anymore.

Reminder that the previously realistic gritty pro-war masterpiece Macross has been degraded into "Idols in space", it has fallen to the otaku pandering market and instead of being a stalwart for us manime fans it's now closer to AKB0048. Remember to support Sunrise and the current gundam, to show japan we like our pro-war realistic space operas and wont stand for our cherished long running masterpieces to be savagely devalued like this. First it was Macross, Next it'll be LotGH unless you do the right thing.

>manime
Cent tell if bait but the new macross was indeed shit

In 9 days.

When Keit-ai is finally adapted.

>Most of the greatest directors aren't even working anymore.

Times change. It's time to let new directors and animators in. I don't want to keep watching the same motherfuckers making the same shit over and over.

I wish Miyazaki would go retire and never come back.

>Macross
>realistic gritty pro-war masterpiece
Are we talking about the same macross?
As someone who recently rewatched all the old ones before the new one came out, this is a load of shit.
>Gundamfag
>likely browses /m/
nothing to see here folks

Why did you even reply?

Hilarious because anime has never been more stagnant.

I agree with letting the new ones in. We can only hope that theres some great ones among them.

Miyazaki has done more than enough already.. He deserves our undying respect for his career.

Fuck off Felipe.

>the same shit over and over.
I don't think you were watching the right directors then.

>Felipe
nope

GiTS turned into aidoru anime when?

Isn't that the truth. I swear we hear the same VAs every season in a new cut + paste show.

They already turned Motoko into moe shit in SAC

If my reply was pointless, what did that make yours? Likewise, this one is even moreso.

this... moe-trash is the reason good shit doesn't get proper adaptations, the market is a bunch of worthless autist pedophile faglords wanting to fap to animated little girls

This is getting too deep for me.

Are you saying Dezaki wasn't the same shit over and over again?

>moe-trash is the reason good shit doesn't get proper adaptations

Jojo is doing just fine. Maybe the rest of the shit you like just isn't that good and people stopped caring about it outside of hardcore fans (the otaku you say you hate).

Then the solution is to simply have good non-moe-trash.
But since good non-moe-trash doesn't exist, it can't be adapted of course.

So, nothing changes.

Something about new anime just feels so lifeless and cold most of the time. Only a very very small amount of shows sticks out from the rest, it's pretty sad.

2014 and 2015 were good years for anime, it was to be expected for 2016 be kind of bland

>people are missing the big picture
Moe is not killing anime. Idolshit is. What genre is more soulless and yet will guarantee to bring large bucks than a show about a bunch of hoes singing and dancing with frilly outfits?

>Nadesico
it was more mecha and harem hijinx not moe