Hajime no Ippo

Ippo not getting completely cucked edition.

How many chapters until Ippo googles "quotes about strength" so that the manga can finally end?

>Ippo is a good guy
>Hey, let's do some light training with a ranked young fighter
>You know what, I'm going to shatter his confidence

IPPO SO KIND.

He kindly showed him how harsh the top of the world is.

So kind of him.

>5 billion years later
>we get to see 360 dempsey roll

what does he have in plan for the other characters though

>1144 chapters
>not even close to the end

Kek

Hopefully wins.

Not really seeing how the added motion is supposed to fool anyone. Especially when he just adds a smash into the mix, which is also very predictable.

Why doesn't he just go back into comboing into roll instead of using it like a hail mary?

OXYGEN EXPLOSION

Introduce hobokun as a struggling boxer that will be added into the rotation to help pad out the length.

Because he moves randomly now.

Literally no reason to do so. Itigaki is more than enough.

Ippo is my absolute favorite anime/manga. Its so intense and motivating

Its still just a combo with a windup. Still can see people trying to counter him to death. Wish he would learn that defense is a thing.

>Not really seeing how the added motion is supposed to fool anyone.
Because opponents no longer know with 100% certainty what the next move is going to be.

How long until ippo collects his fucking pension

There was no real reason for Itagaki to be when there was already an outboxer character, but he's still there even with Ippo lite.

He will slip through everything.

Bending down for an uppercut doesn't really stop the better boxers from completely seeing his movement though and throwing counters.

He has yet to show that ability and has brain damage because of it.

He just did this chapter.

Following that logic they could just counter any uppercut, dempsey or not. Throwing a counter is way easier when you know the next move with 100% certainty compared to whatever it is now.

Against an inexpericed boxer.

Given the fact that the guy not only survived the match and broke out of the dempsey lock, I'd say he'll turn out to be a good boxer.

>Broke out
Ippo slipped.

No he was being kind.

Difference is a standard uppercut does't involve abandoning all measures of defense. Ippo is basically a berserker with his Dempsey Roll.

>Throwing a counter is way easier when you know the next move with 100% certainty compared to whatever it is now.

>Throwing a counter is way easier when you know the next move with 100% certainty compared to whatever it is now.
True, but the more reactive fighter have benn able to see through the roll from the start and throw punches at it. Gonzales straight up dueled agains it because he was angry.

Except this amateur saw ippo winding up at the bottom so it's not as unpredictable as you're making it out to be

The added variations have now made Dempsey roll too risky to try and counter

So I haven't read Ippo since the jungle kid stomped him, has there been a single good moment since then?
From looking at these threads every now and then it just seems like Ippo has constantly been on the receiving end for the last couple years

The OHKO he gave in his final title defense was okay, even if it was after an absurd amount of build up made worse by the scheduling of both releases and translations.
Takamura also had a surprise bout, went a little too long and the ending was a bit iffy but overall a solid fight.

I'll believe it when I see it. People thought the same of the original until people started breaking it and Ippo started drawing squiggly lines.

Yeah Ippo finally fucked the Kumi :)

In all seriousness, is there a reason five chapters just got put out on Mangastream? Is Morikawa rapid firing chapters now or are they just slow as fuck?

Even if you see something it doesn't mean you have time to react. I know just from playing video games that consistently dodging an enemy that has three different attacks compared to just one is much more difficult even if the attacks themselves aren't the fastest. That tense moment while you're figuring out which attack is coming throws off your reflexes and timing.

Counter punchers in Ippo don't just go in round one and counter everything on pure reflex except maybe against jobbers. They fight a couple of rounds to to get the timings down and learn habits so they can predict moves and counter them.

That hobo looks like Kojima.