youtube.com/watch?v=KCK-HFk1ke4
youtu.be/Vf0EY3p3heY
youtu.be/sz2Xt97XSGc
youtube.com/watch?v=8phqA2gkkRc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bumping for the greater good
They fucked up big time
Jesus it looks so fucking bad

Was it REALLY that bad? After hearing everyone bitch and moan about it I went in expecting an absolute shitstorm
The only problems it has is the CGI and some of the QUALITY, but the OST was fucking fantastic and it captured the feeling of the series pretty well.
Figured you guys would overreact to everything, it's not the best but it's certainly not shit. I get chills from that ending scene with the OST just before the ED comes on, that shit was well done.
Even if the anime flops, at least we can all agree the OST so far is great right?

> OST is great
> Dubstep
> Shit music from the movies

not him but overall the ost was great. It's the same composer as the movies. Don't only focus on the dubstep faggot.

Just watched the 1st and it was really good surprise!
I think you should be aware of new style.
Each version of berserk is great for me, with his own perception, 97 anime, trilogy golden age , manga, video game ... it's a real pleasure.
I want to say kentaro miura valid all project, so it's not bullshit :ganishka:
I see a lot of haters about everything on internet, people are never happy! :mozgus:
I see a new berserk anime , a new berserk video game, the story of the manga become interesting again... It's wonderfull :griffnotevil:
Eat some berserk and open your mind my friends! This serie have an identity, a special style artistic so be happy

>Was it REALLY that bad?
Yes. espially if u can already read the manga. either make a good anime or dont bother

>Was it REALLY that bad?
it wasn't if you haven't had any expectations in the 1st place.

People are just exagerating and butthurt because their favourite arc is not animated or skipped.

>anyone voting "I rike it" or "overall it was enjoyable"

What? The OST is fucking atrocious. Too hyper, lazy remixes of the movie soundtrack (which itself was only alright). It doesn't fit at all.

>Figured you guys would overreact to everything, it's not the best but it's certainly not shit.
literally this

and it's the first episode

>CAPTCHA
>can't even spell wrong right
Everything is wrong.

Also go fuck yourself with Guts' sword OP.

Did you copy and paste this from Skull Knight or do you have an extension that makes their emoticons appear everywhere? Either way pls go.

>no option for "the 3D made my eyes bleed"
The pacing, character design, imagery, music and general direction were largely fine (to me, that hasn't read Berserk for about 5 years and recalls little of the original chapters) but anime is a primarily visual medium and Jesus fucking Christ the CGI was horrendous.

>anyone voting "Everything is wong"

Non manga reader

It was OK, the art was the only truly terrible thing

It helps to not have great expectations going in even if the 97 series was fantastic

>"the 3D made my eyes bleed"
not a problem after some episodes

They should have had the Teekyu guy draw everything.

>all the budget was put into Puck
>we don't even get the best puck arc, lost children
Puck is going from comic relief to the fanservice character now

How does it feel that Berserk has a Teekyu tier pacing?

youtube.com/watch?v=BEVGXSI416k
youtube.com/watch?v=KCK-HFk1ke4

It's from Skull Knight and they don't agree with the post, thankfully.

>Berserk fags got fucked
Karmic justice. Hopefully LoGH remake blows too just to annoy casuals even more.

>LoGH remake blows too just to annoy casuals even more.
It has the same artstyle as the manga. It will attract the fujo.

>Hopefully LoGH remake blows too
Fuck you

It's going to get the same care and attention as the new Arslan series.

It was pretty enjoyable but spergs can't handle CG on human characters AT ALL, instantly becomes 1/10 for them.
Fuck everyone's opinions tbqh, I'll just keep enjoying this, especially with all the hype moments in the Conviction arc. Also can't wait for Sawashiro Luka and Rikiya Mozgus

Character design: 6/10
Art direction: 5/10
Animation quality: 4/10
Storyboarding: 2/10
Sound direction: 0/10

Who is Tonio?

I was hoping they would adapt the original novels fully, unlike the OVAs. But then
>8 episodes
so I question why they even bothered.

Nice bait
No it was shit entirely

it wasn't.

Music was pretty good.

Enjoying every laugh and tears desu

>Was it REALLY that bad?

It fucked up more in more ways than Aku no Hana

He was a good man.

What the fuck is enjoyable about it? They butchered the canon, it feels rushed, nothing is getting established well, the music doesn't fit and in most cases is lazy remixes of the movie soundtrack. I'm sure if you went in never reading the manga it would still be complete fucking garbage because of how schizophrenic the elements feel together and how fast paced and stupid the scenes are. It's 100% trash.

I was too busy watching Puck to pay attention to anything else. Literally perfect.

His voice doesn't really fit.

>especially with all the hype moments in the Conviction arc

You mean the nudity and gore which has all been censored so far?

Blood and Guts is a good track though

>You mean the nudity and gore which has all been censored so far?
it's not that censored retard. Be happy that it aired on WOWOW otherwise it would have been unwatchable. If you're not happy then fuck off and wait for the BD.

I want to commit a crime

The only redeeming part about the fucking episode was HAIII YOOO. Fuck, I was hoping they would've used fucking hriasawa for something better than the fucking EPISODE PREVIEW, GODDAMMIT.

>They butchered the canon
How so?

>it feels rushed
Not really. Also it's the first episode, they had to cover what was generally going on in Black Swordsman + Lost Children, the pacing will defintiely slow down now with Tower of Conviction.

>nothing is getting established well
Like what? The one thing this episode tried (and succeded) to establish was Guts's personality, and his abnormal daily life post-Eclipse. They also set up other lore shit, like the prophetic/fate side of things (Schierke at the start), and the way elves are seen by common people.

>the music doesn't fit
I liked it.

It already is unwatchable you tasteless fucking cur.

it's not nigger

>How so?

Guts is about to be captured by Farnese's knights after being "weakened" by being stabbed by a little girl and fighting a tree, something that took fighting an Apostle in the manga to do.

W-what? They showed Collette getting split in half quite clearly. Of course they can't display it with a focus in broad daylight, but it's much better than some Terraformars shit. They show Casca's rape in the fucking OP.

>all these underaged berserk readers exposed
>muh rape and gore waaah
So, this is the true face of Berserk manga readers.

I mean at least the anime allows us to suffer while watching with Guts.

youtu.be/Vf0EY3p3heY

A tale from a simpler time.

>I mean at least the anime allows us to suffer while watching with Guts.
??

Looks horrible sounds horrible, has horrible music, has horrible animation. They really really fucked up.

That's pretty fucking negligible, I'm sure it's more related to how bad the wound is. If you're gonna be sperg about something as small as that, you shouldn't be watching anime adaptations in the first place.

Music is absolute clusterfuck and doesn't fit Berserk at all fucking Power Rangers OST would be a better fit than this garbage. Kill yourself.

Arguing that we should lower our expectation because "it's an adaptation" is a shit piece of an argument. This is Berserk and it deserves a good adaptation, not something we should watch and say "IT'S BETTER THAN NOTHING!".
It was horrible an if you think we'll get decent pacing with 12 episode you are sorely mistaken.

Guts didn't meet Isidro in the fucking bar, the bar scene was from Black Swordsman arc that was left out from the new anime and it makes weird, unecessary changes. Also Guts looks like shit.

>I mean at least the anime allows us to suffer while watching with Guts.

Is that really what we wanted?

It was lol are you fucking blind casca is white and I cant see anything but fucking shading lines. read the manga. Dropped

>How so?
They skipped Lost Children and are skipping most of Black Swordsman. They combined Snake Baron's men with the guys who get possessed by the evil tree. Isidro is introduced as a fucking bartender. They'll have to write in Guts getting the behelit in some other new retarded way since they aren't doing the Count. The dream Guts has was altered poorly. Casca is white now. Ton of other shit if I sat and thought about it long enough.

>Not really.
Kind of, yes. There's no need to show Schierke at this point, but they still did. Black Swordsman and Lost Children got the knife so they're combining different scenes together. The storyboard and music also throw the pacing off to be some crazy action series when this is really not the tone of Berserk and never was.

>Like what?
See above. Schierke was shoehorned in, Isidro's intro is shoehorned in, the behelit will no doubt be shoehorned in. But the worst thing here is Puck, since they're cutting out most of Black Swordsman and Lost Children, how the fuck will he develop alongside Guts? Those are like the MAIN FUCKING ARCS where we only see Guts and Puck together! Later on, Puck acts like they've been together fighting apostles for a long time now. They can't give him that attitude anymore, because it'll never happen. We'll be thrown right into the Conviction arc. Pre-turnip Puck is getting axed for the most part, which is shit.

>I liked it.
Fine, but I didn't. I thought tonally it had nothing to do with Berserk, and I hated that there were remixes of the movie soundtrack. The movie soundtrack fit Golden Age enough, not perfectly, but it did the job for the most part since Golden Age is about grand battles in a more classical medieval feeling era. That shit does not fit anymore, but neither does the new stuff.

>Dropped
good thing, you seems to be spouting a lot of shit.

youtu.be/sz2Xt97XSGc

Do you guys think if this bombs they'll acknowledge the criticism and start actually animating it?

The anime clearly wants to convey that the viewers should take the same amount of suffering Guts had.

It's a 2 cour, not fucking 12 episodes. Glad to know I'm arguing with ignorant "hardcore fans" who won't settle for a "decent" adaptation.

That is literally irrelevant, his introduction in the manga was shit too. He's gonna show up again in 2 episodes anyway, what's the fucking difference in showing him early on.

>this bombs

No.

No, because nothing good ever happens for Berserk.

Why would he try to hold the vomit back with his hand? He only managed to cover his hand in vomit.

If this bombs they will probably just stop making berserk shit again

Right, who cares if they change the story? I mean, as long as by the end they all get on the boat, we can change everything. This is berserk after all, we only need blood, tits and suffering.
Lol, le idolmaster joke xD

I'll still watch it

Good point. Thanks for making me understand why showing Isidro early is such a crucial change to his and Guts's characters.

How did it come to this?

Not that guy, but Isidro is portrayed as a thief who couldn't stand being home with his parents / guardians and doesn't take well to authority figures so he left very young to live on his own and find his own way. Also, he's just a kid. Being a bartender is just stupid here and doesn't fit.

My argument is that it shouldn't be changed because there's no reason to change it. I'm here to watch Berserk, not a chinese ripoff.

Yours is that it's ok to not change it, because it's a minor thing. As it's a minor thing to not animate both the Count and th eLost Childrens arc. After all, they can just explain the Behelit in another way, right?

>le epin manga shading
Is that guy's face just pasted into the 3D armor?

Can some mangafag spoiler me on the significance of the nipple plates? Are nipples extra valuable or something?

It's like a shitty Jojo knock off character and a shitty One Piece knock off character.

looks like a screenshot from a shitty VN

Did you watch the episode? He's not a bartender, he was trying to get into that merc band, and they basically had him serving drinks. His dislike for authority figures is pretty fucking clearly shown by the way he gets beat up by his superior officer 10 seconds after his introduction. He also runs away from them shortly after, chasing his own goals.

Why does guts look like he's vomiting cum?

Posting better CGI

youtube.com/watch?v=8phqA2gkkRc

I wish they had used Guilty Gear's CGI instead

Me too.

Alright, so you are just a sperg who can't handle watching adaptations.
Yes, skipping Lost Children sucks, but mostly for the fights and character developments. Plot points like the Behelit actually can be introduced very easily. Hell, they could just say he already had it from an earlier Apostle he killed and be done with it.

it's not, memelord.

>That feel when I can animate better than the stuff shown in this episode
Japanese aren't good enough with 3D yet, they constantly go overboard with the panning and rotating cameras.

They actually have limited 3D animation, which is something completely retarded in of itself because the inbetweens are automatically generated between key frames.

I can't believe they didn't learn any lessons on the movie trilogy, which wasn't too bad but this is just several steps down in terms of quality in every front. Specific scenes during fighting were just incomprehensible.

Framing, pacing, animation and even the soundtrack was frankensteined from the old anime and movies.

I'm going to keep watching because it's awe inspiring that my fellow students can do a better job than these guys. S

Is it bad that I don't really mind the clangs and actually like them?

>tfw 90's animation was better than this

>He's not a bartender, he was trying to get into that merc band
Super small detail, he's still serving drinks like one. I can't see him doing this ever regardless of what it was for, and the fact he so quickly shifts attitude about it is retarded and makes the scene feel shallow. There was no reason for the change aside from the fact they need to cram and rush things.

>tfw the movies are better than this

>actual facial expressions
Well, you aren't wrong.

>you are just a sperg
Can you please stop arguing by insulting other people or is it impossible for you? Yes, adaptations change things, but this doesn't mean all adaptations are good. There's a degree of change I can accept, some that I can't.
Skipping two entire arcs is not ok. If it's fine for you, great, but don't just say "they can explain it in another way" because then it's not berserk anymore. You entire argument is that it's ok to change stuff granted they animate the parts that YOU want to see.

>90's animation was better
>a slide show better than actual animation

He's trying to earn a name for himself, has to start from somewhere. And he's still clearly pissed about having to do it. It's absolutely in-character.

>featured poll

JUST

>tfw fans will watch forever the golden age arc

adblock

>tfw the slide show was actually better

At least it had decent music.