is it dead?

>horror
>anime
>manga
Pick one.

i bet you don't cry either

Horror in anime is literally impossible

expound

Horror anime can be made, but not without accepting it will also be comedy.

If it's not moe, it's dead or dying

CLANG should fit the bill.

What kind of horror?

Do you even Shiki?

Because anime and manga can't into horror, you may have better luck with mystery that's spooky .

horror like, can't look in the mirror with the lights off horror

not horror like, zombies gonna eat yer brainz after a shounen battle lel horror

redpill me in shiki

>redpill
Fuck off.

Does that mean you can get scared with live acting horror?
I don't like it because of fear shit, it's fictional anyway, I like it for the topics and settings it deals with and the atmosphere.

I fail to see how this scene is any different from thousands of 3DPD horror scenes.

>triggered

it's just two words, relax

Same. In the beginning when I started to really indulge into horror stuff I got scared pretty easily, but as I became more hardened to it, it became more and more rare that something would really faze me and instead I ended up really enjoying horror for, like you said the themes and atmosphere.

It is ironically fun

I still don't see the difference with 3DPD movies. This is a pretty typical scene for horror, be it animated or not.

Because if you aren't a complete retard this isn't frightening at all, just look at the character expressions

Neither is regular horror, what's your point?

Are you implying these shitty scenes frighten you in non-animated movies?

Uzumaki Spiral into Horror is by far the best example.

Fucking this first half was scary as balls.

just zooming that jpg kinda messed with me

"quality" in horror anime = quality

Horror often turns into gory over the top things that just make you laugh.

Things have to be subtle enough so they can get under your skin, make some part of you fear that they could happen to you. Or failing that, at least feel scared for the characters.

Squealer's various machinations in SSY were quite horrifying for example. I absolutely would not want to be at the receiving end of them.

Shiki didn't get me until this point. I still enjoyed with some sadistic glee.

The reveal of the vampires really killed all the horror, it was scary when things are unknown and beyond the grasp.