Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1592

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
docs.google.com/document/d/1pKgBm8Aa58mjB1hYhbK-VOPZsRBTXBuPBzw8Xikm2ss/pub?embedded=true

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KDdgdlc4gW0
jlpt.jp/e/samples/n1.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

今日も一日
日今日も一
一日今日も
も一日今日
日も一日今

今日もシコシコしようぜ

い、いやらしいよぉ

youtube.com/watch?v=KDdgdlc4gW0

>that non-stop roast halfway through

never in my life have i seen someone get ethered this hard in any language

他人を助けて自分が死んじまったら意味がないだろ……!

what form is 死んじまったら in this sentence?

速すぎる

死んでしまう+たら

無理です

>what is ichimoe
you fucking idiot

ぞい子を強姦したい

Can someone help me out here?
>ハっペん死ねや?様ああアアア

Can't understand shit but I've got a pretty strong 可哀想 reaction going on

泣いているかわいい少女が見たくない

最大の障害 @_@ 「に」と言うのは壊したい!!

>ぞい子
それわめめですか?

It's 貴様

For future reference, if you know at least one of the kanji but can't tell the other, go on Jisho, type in ?様 (or whatever the kanji you know is with ?'s being the ones you don't) and scroll till you find what looks the most similar

私は、むしろかわいい2次少女がいじめられているのを見ると、とても幸せになりますよ

If you can't follow this you should give up on learning Japanese

>It's 貴様
thanks

>For future reference, if you know at least one of the kanji but can't tell the other, go on Jisho, type in ?様 (or whatever the kanji you know is with ?'s being the ones you don't) and scroll till you find what looks the most similar
Aah that makes sense, will do.

He's speaking at the fucking speed of light, and people can be good at some aspects of Japanese and lack at others, I've been reading for 9 months, can pretty much understand most written shit that isn't overly ridiculous, and have 11k mined vocab in my anki, I just happen to lack listening practice and so my listening comprehension isn't great

Before I start learning Japanese, I wanna know what motivates you to keep learning and how not to get bored. Is vidya helpful?

>skip a day
>open anki hungry
>50% retention

Hey /djt/ I tried reading stuff but I had huge problems, I never knew where the words end and where they start.
What caused the problems were kana only words in between sentences, stuff like から、だから、けど、だけど、ので、なので、んで、しかも stuff like that.
I couldn't tell where the conjugated word ended and where one of these kana words started.

What do? I already read a grammar book, but it didn't help me much obviously, so I guess I have to read Tae Kim or something?

It's weird but I really started to like Kanji, since they show me where words start and end.

read more

>He's speaking at the fucking speed of light
Like every Japanese ever user.

not that guy but literally half the comments on the video are "holy shit he's talking really fast"

I'm not a little bitch and don't give up halfway through on things.

I can understand most of the words he's saying but I can't understand much of the thing as a whole as always, it happens with anime too.

At least at the end I think I got him telling her she was a 迷惑 to society, calling her all sorts of "trash", that she got no friends, and that her mom and dad abandoned her.
I didn't get the 顎 thing though, what was he telling her about that?

He's accusing her of having an 顎 complex because she's wearing that mask, I think.

At least he can speak that fast while also being clear, unlike the ones that slur all the sounds.

But what the hell is an 顎コンプレックス?

Being ashamed of your chin?

Japanese has a limited amount of conjugations, once you to recognize them it won't be a problem any more.

I guess it's a japanese thing? There are some horrible examples though.

If Jay Leno was a Japanese girl...

What is this?

体 maybe

Oh well, that's a weird fucking font.

まったく誰かが僕に「に」って使用方法を与えることができるか?クソ。。短文

rude

The only thing that motives me is the dream of befriending a lonely 30+ year old teacher. 超寂しいです。

The only thing that keeps me going in life is the dream of befriending a 10-year-old school girl like in my Chinese comics.

>あまり一般には知られていないようだ。

Have you guys ever seen
>あまり一般には

I've seen
>あまりにも一般的に
which roughly means "too general/broad". Does the phrase above have the same meaning? What does it mean if not so?

never mind I'm using ichi

Try to understand the sentence without `あまり

マンガを日本語で読むのが怖い
助けて

怖いものは怖くなくなるまで無心にやるのみ

Generally it seems that (subject) is not known? Not sure how あまり can play into that. Unless I'm getting the subject particle wrong.

It's not too broadly known
There aren't that many that know of it

>アイアムヒーロー面白いですね。私もイチオシでございます
>I am a Hero is interesting too. It's also my best recommendation.
Did I get the 'イチオシ' right? Also how'd you express the 'でございます' in something like this?

Context. And both sentences are wrong.

>And both sentences are wrong.
hmm

There's now other context. He just told this to someone. there was no conversation beforehand (I just realised that the too makes no sense there.)

>Did I get the 'イチオシ' right?
The thing that makes this question hard to answer is that "best recommendation" isn't even natural english

How does it feel to know that in 5 years when you finally become fluent in Japanese, the best VNs will be English only

How would you phrase it then? What do you call your favorite thing to recommend to others?

Its been 10 years and Sumaga still isn't released, so.

top recommendation

いのちよりもたいせつなものは

いのちをとしてしかまもれないなら

ぜひにおよばず

isn't it the same shit

If I get a 180 on the N1 will that mean I'm ready to start reading

You can get pass N1 without being able to read Yotsuba so no

It's how languages work bro some things sound wrong and some sound right with no particular rhyme or reason for it

No one ever says best kek

I see

"Number one recommendation" also works

Stay the fuck away from these stylish fonts if you're learning kanji, they're your worst nightmare

Well shit. Maybe I'll wait till I get 4000 kanji in anki then

>It's how languages work bro some things sound wrong and some sound right with no particular rhyme or reason for it
there is a reason why "best recommendation" sounds weird and top doesn't
a recommendation being top or number one makes sense because they elicit it coming before all other recommendations he might give. "best" sounds like you're describing the quality of the recommendation itself, which can make sense in a different context e.g. "the guy at the bookstore said i should read 'i am a hero' and i ended up loving it. it's the best recommendation i've ever gotten."

How do I make this thing hook the full sentences?

>N1
where can you take this test? im assuming its online somewhere

jlpt.jp/e/samples/n1.html
Right here. If you get those 18 questions right you have passed N1

>click link
>question 1
>can read half of it

i guess ill take it in a few years

don't worry not even most natives can pass N1
it's one of those crazy tests like kanji kentei

Try a different thread.
Increase hook text delay.
Find a proper hook code.

Nigger please. JLPT is for foreign learners only. Any native can breath it with literally zero problems.

JLPT N1 is final year middle school Japanese.

>tfw you try to show off but only end up showing off how autistic you are

>j-jokes on them, I was merely pretending to be retarded

Are there any recommended addons for anki other than real time import and kanji grid?

True Retention (made by someone here) is the only other worthwhile one I can think of. Oh, and Night Mode.

Exactly. If you can't recognize a blatant joke in a chain of blatant jokes you are the retard. I am not the one who posted by the way

pencil and notebook

it's great

>writing

Writing something down is a great way to help it stick in your head.

I am having troubles understanding this fully. I think I get the idea, but I'm not sure. If someone could help I would appreciate it.

この空が青を 失くした世界に
ポツリ 愛が降る

Looks like some shitty song lyrics go read a book or something

>he doesn't want to learn Japanese

Music is my thing. I want to at least try to understand some songs if possible.

Tae Kim's website went down just as I was reviewing the material. nvm there's a cached version

excellent post

what the fuck? 笑

Thanks, I put a lot of effort into it. Now getting started on vocab. Any recommendations aside from what's already in the guide?

頑張ります

Music is a serious "don't think feel" thing. You'll just have to take that for granted and listen to it rather than trying to pick apart its grammar. Song artists like to stretch the language's grammar a bit.
Just look at English lyrics if you want an idea of how broken and abstract it can be. Translation is a no-go.

Ok, I thought so. Thanks, for the input. I'll stick with more typical stuff like books.

Writing is proven to aid memory and retention of information.