Sword art online

We know what it did wrong. However what did it do right? Discuss please.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cC-lD8v4E_s
youtube.com/watch?v=CpDyF4pkbAs
youtube.com/watch?v=WlVId8QvjPg
youtube.com/watch?v=9ygWtIjenoI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I licked it.

I think It went on for too long. The peaks of the show were the first original plot (first half of S1) and the GGO story (first half of S2). Those were enjoyable.

The fuck are you talking about? The best part of the series is the Alice arc, which has yet to be animated.

What did it taste like?

Who cares? Pick a better topic that hasn't already been run into the fucking ground Sup Forums

season 3 when?

I never got past episode 2, what with all the hate it was getting and the Frodos everywhere. Considering it's the new best anime ever among normies, I probably made the correct call in dropping it. Asuna is pretty good fap material, though.

Next year, after the movie.

The movie will be original material, but s3 will cover the Alice arc. And it will probably be longer than the other seasons, considering the length of the LN.

It made lots of money.

It had an interesting idea, that gets copied by a few shows every now and then.

But since they decided to turn this concept into generic harem BS and then dump it alltogether after half a season, it's no wonder the show went so bad

Girls had nice designs
It was well directed
OST was great
Animation was great
Kirito is a fun character if you don't take him seriously

Literally the only thing I can come up with are some beautiful backgrounds. Everything else that looked promising at first was eventually tainted with bullshit

The Kirito / Asuna romance.

At least in S1.

How is this tbqh Assuna was a cutie I'm sad in s2 they didn't have more romance and she practically NTR'D him which upset me

First 13 episodes

the animation was fairly good

(OP)
The first OP and second ED were really good.

youtube.com/watch?v=cC-lD8v4E_s

youtube.com/watch?v=CpDyF4pkbAs

The first arc is also pretty solid save for a sub-par ending. The second season is disappointing but Leafa a qt.

MC actually fucked the girl.

>two years of semen

It was good

Animation, fight scenes.
And...that's it

The first episode was damn amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=WlVId8QvjPg

I actually saw that video this morning. I'm not saying he's wrong, I'm saying that, as far as the first OP is concerned, his criticism is "It's good but MUH CLICHÉS". He's right for the later OPs where they just repeat themes from the first OP, but the first OP is solid.

I defy you point out any real flaws with the first OP, other than "other anime OPs do roughly the same thing".

Death Gun had a cool mask at least.

glopping noise?

Reminder that Lizbeth is a slut.

Just pointing this out, but Agil looks like he's about to murder someone.

These two are your party members, along with your waifu. How fucked are you if you get jumped by PK's?

Just die. It's not like you'll die in real life right?

Sum of teh fight ms were cool, and asuka give me boner ;3
Purple girl fite mad me sad she dead, best written, but I only gave it an 8/10 on mal cause no seck xD, my fav anime though!

Fuck off tripshit.

>tripshit
>OP isn't a tripfag
I don't understand

It's an infamous tripfag going user and making SAO threads in an effort to make it a general. There's nothing to talk about but shitpost and blog, so there's no point. Mods let it slide for some reason.

>There's nothing to talk about
What about the new movie trailer that came out a few hours ago?

youtube.com/watch?v=9ygWtIjenoI

>for some reason
It's because the mods are shit and have been for years.

Nothing, fuck off derp cancer.

It's not derp commander. It's me.

You're the faggot from yesterday, aren't you?
Nobody cares about this trash.

This is clearly a smear campaign.

But how did they piss and shit while gaming

How does anyone piss and shit in a coma?

probably by dialysis machines, although the first shit was probably scooped out by doctors. After that all their food was supplied through IV drips

Coma patients still have to relieve waste, you know?

But here's the canon reason given by the author:
Future Shit Eating Gel Beds

>>Future Shit Eating Gel Beds
That cannot be real

A more pressing question is, how did they sleep if the machine kept them connected to the game?

there's nothing left to smear. his reputation was shitty to begin with.

I'm 90% certain he mentioned special beds designed to dispose of the waste from coma patients. Likely somewhere deep in his twitter commentary that he does for every episode.

I know that he also hand-waved Kirito's likely atrophy by claiming they used some sort of electrodes that reduce muscle decay.

Basically, he's over-estimating the technological advances we're going to be making in the next 6 years.

Electrotherapy and I'm sure Suguha gave his body regular workouts. There are doujins about that.

>6 years
Fuck me, is it really that close?

At least .hack was accurate, VR headsets are a thing now

The rudimentary 3d goggles we have now are not VR.

.hack version of VR was just goggles with a monitor up to your eye.
Everything else was just magic/imagination.

the first 12 episodes?

Funny story, the original draft was probably 2012.

It was.
2016 was actually around the end of series, if we were still using the Web Novel's timeline.
Probably should have added more than just 10 years, but oh well.

Reminder: if even 1% of the funds being funneled into saber rattling went to VR research, we would have had the tech by now.

Actually The World was super weird even in-universe. The avatars on the screen moved in subtle ways based on how you felt through some weird super-genius programming, or something.

As baby first waifu of hundreds of kids, how much semen has asuna spilled?

In canon? Two-years worth all at once.

Breaking News technology in stories not so amazing in real life
Might as well talk about how Star Trek doesn't have iphones and tricorders are thicker than them, or why the interfaces on the ships weren't touchscreens when touchscreens existed back then they just didn't think to use it that way.

Soundtrack was good enough.

I was rather disappointed by it, especially in comparison with Accel World's.

Not fucked, because Divination spots are safe zones

It's in the LN. Yes, this is a thing.

It was so bad I was able to drop it in the first episode.

Are these designs for the movie?

2 years worth of glops

Yes.

catheters and colostomy bags. Everyone hooked up to the game was moved to a hospital for long term care. Insert feeding tube, and you are all set to go for years. Till the money runs out and they pull the plug on you.

A better question would be how did they get to the hospital without losing connection (I'm giving them wireless headsets as a free bone) and accidentally killing some/all of them.

Apparently the author said that the headsets can be disconnected for a few minutes

>Till the money runs out and they pull the plug on you.
This anime doesn't take place in the U.S. user.

There were some details in the LN.
The government was allowed to disconnect a player from the internet for up to 2 hours, and no more, but even in that time removing the head-gear would kill the player. These two hours were to move players to hospitals, and get them connected to reliable internet.
On the other hand, they were allowed to disconnect the power for about 10 minutes, seeing as you could probably keep them powered on an ambulance.

>Till the money runs out and they pull the plug on you.
Socialized Medicine, yo.

>played game for 2 years
>leaves hospital
>gets home
>plays very similar game
???

It's a real phenomena. Even soldiers who spent time in warzones come back, and often times take up jobs that require a certain level of alertness and such.

As far as these kids are concerned, VR is about as real as anything else (which is a core theme in the series anyways)

If you could be trapped in any mmo world, which would you pick?

the korean one with lolis

blade and soul?

yep that one

Good production values, character designs (Asuna's especially) were good, decent OST, Kirito and Asuna's relationship was cute, and Yui was a top-tier daughturu. Everything else about the show was sub-shit-tier though so its still a 2/10

Asuna and everyone else is sexy as hell.

Backgrounds.
Romance done right.
Kajiura.

>Kirito and Asuna's relationship was cute
>Romance done right.
stop.

So they basically Venom Snaked him? (minus the hypnotherapy)

>When Yui starts calling Kirito Daddy.

They just do it...

The nurses just clean then up afterwards

I enjoyed the first simply because there were multiple antagonists who were an immediate threat other than the main antagonist. The main antagonist was also pretty based, not like the second season or other anime where they simply make decisions for the sake of decisions.

The visuals were decent. The music was enjoyable. Overall there was an average development of plot. Also mc isn't the backstory to sauron

>SAO thread
>DC hasn't shown up
today was a good day

>Soldiers that comeback from wars zones

He is supposed to be traumatized and yet he and the rest of the other underage characters are allowed to play the same thing just because "this time is safe" and so far I remember Kirito is allowed to keep one of the old models for reasons.

>Kirito not having Internet Big Guy syndrome
I wanna see Kirito get his irl ass kicked by some big nig for comedic purposes.

He went back in to see if Asuna was really trapped in ALO, remember? And didn't he get an AmuSphere after she was saved? The characters repeatedly reiterate that it's not powerful enough to nuke your brain.

Pretty sure this got a throwaway line in the anime too, Asuna basically said "Hey remember when this thing happened offscreen?"

Kind of pissed me off, the whole first arc jumped ahead in time way too many times to care. Just another reason why Fairy Dance was better.

Oh right that reminds me that he not only trued but almost succeeded in using his videogames moves in real life too. The author must be chuuny as hell.

And I don't mean an adult with the imagination of a child, those guys usually are very creative. But this guy is more like an adult with the imagination of an edgy teen.

>Kirito meets a guy whose played VR Doom.
Who wins IRL?

Let's see:
Worldbuilding- meh
Characters: Slightly above meh
Girls: Several varieties of meh
Story: ok, but steadily descended into haremshit meh
art: Began well, downhill from episode 1 onward
animation: meh

In summary: It did everything right, and also everything wrong. It's shounenshit which appeals to a wide audience, but loses what it has going for it as it strives to keep that audience.

considering how little we know of consciousness the best we could do in the realm of vr is sensory deprivation tanks with sound and vr headsets built in

Do you actually believe that after the such a huge incident, the government and society would be ok with having similar technology being allowed to be sold again? It doest matter if the manufacturers say that is safe, they wont be allowed to put in the market for a long time and not after a many regulations are placed. An you can bet that one of those regulations would be not allow anyone under 18 years to use it.

And besides Kirito was fine playing and killing in the game until one day he said "oh right I am traumatized and stuff".