ITT:we post pictures of black characters in manga & anime

They are few and far between but they exist.

[spoilers]ambiguously brown is also allowed.[/spoilers]

Women only

No.

Apparently not in the new anime though

Gentle reminder that Caska's arms ARE NOT FRICKING BLUE!!

>filename
what did he mean by this?

>you will never have those chocolate basketballs double dribble all over your dick

Come to visit Russia Sushi, today!

I thought he was nothing but a joke at first, boy was I wrong.

Apparently, how Edward was originally going to look like before they decided to change his gender.

Looks like that guy from SKET dance, but black. He's cute

2nd best SDF girl next to Shammy
Makes a mean Pineapple Salad as well

Is SDF Macross worth watching only for Claudia screentime?

Not enough screentime honestly, and ends up with a broken heart.

>black thread
>people actually posting black characters
Nicely done for once.

The most powerful character in the entire universe

Im here now.

How come it seems like old anime/manga have more black people than the new ones?

Not only blacks, but also all foreigners (usually Americans). Old ones were more outward-looking.

Is this like an original Cyborg 008 situation?

super racist character design but it wasn't really meant to be offensive more that they didn't know about the stereotypes?

or is this picture as offensive as it looks.

For example, Amuro was half-Canadian half-Mexican with a small Japanese heritage. That was 1979

But Steel Ball Run was published from 2004 to 2011

Brotha, get OUTTA MAH WAY!

>the hero we need

In days past, otaku who were into anime were usually also into other "nerdy" sorts of things and there just wasn't enough Jap-made media to sate their hunger and so they consumed boatloads of Western media. This isn't bad, it's just what they did to get their fix, especially of sci-fi.
Which is why so much of the 80s anime, made by the first generation of otaku-turned-animators, had so much Western influence.
As time has gone on, otaku are sated by purely Jap media and so they only consume that and develop a twisted view of the world because all they know of it is by way of their anime. And then they get into making more anime with that same twisted view only for it to get even more twisted as new generations of otaku faggots consume nothing but anime.

Japan's economy was strong and they were looking outwards more, exploring diversity, sci-fi was popular too, and a lot of it followed the trek model of a big mixed happy earth.

Economy exploded and japan turned inwards, plus the fantasy/sci-fi fans dwindled and the NEETotaku bloomed.

Isn't she Okinawan?

>New anime's Casca
It hurts.

Ahh okay, that makes sense.

>tfw we will never get brown/black qts again

comes with a free white guy

>ambiguously brown is also allowed.

Nemesis is the most ambiguous. I don't even know what her canon skin colour is. She's delicious brown in all the best fanart though.

They tried to reach to the western demographic or maybe they were more inspired by the west?

idk that's just a guess, but I agree it actually seem to be the case.

anyone noticed the popular thing of giving black/brown character natural white hair if they are important(on the good side) for the plot, It's not really a problem when they give lighter skinned characters unnatural hair color but it kinda sucks when I get hyped for a black (or what I think is maybe black) but is actually just ambiguous brown character that is probably maybe Asian.

Remember and I had a stupid argument if Ira Gamagōri was actually Asian or black (at least now I know he's mixed)

whats the difference?

>nobody posting the best black character

That's not afro samurai.

>Remember and I had
Remember me and my friend had*

Japan literally thinks America is black and white. I love it.

>latino

>trash

>Gamagori is mixed
I like it

>tl;dr: [defecation intensifies]
That explains a lot of things.
Dammit.

I actually like the manga censorship more, his lips clash with his face and recoloring them fixed the issue.

Pretend the cgi anime never happened.

Otaku only like pale skinny girls and anime panders almost exclusively to them at this point. Manga less so.

It's racist but not in an entirely mean hearted way. Japs literally think America is stuck in the 50s and that pompadours are cool. They draw from old Looney Tunes cartoons for inspiration about America.

Reminds me of Choi Mochimazzi, She's not black she's from somewhere in the southern islands but she still fucking adorable.

What was she trying to do here?

The mating dance of her people.

I never understood that explanation.
Just this thread alone shows how a lot of Japanese artist/studios knew their shit.
Why is there still people that think shit like
is the lack of knowing any better
when this character came out 1994 (and a lot of other before that one)
from the same country and wasn't offensive.

>The mating dance of her people.
this^

rain dance if I remember right.

racebend young douchey jet black.

I never could stick with Tamako Market long enough for her to be introduced. I'd keep getting bored around episode 4.

But he's not black, he's blue.

there are plenty of hot niggress in my hentai

>no jack or mana

>a pervert

What is that?

it's a show you have to be in the right mood for. I stopped after episode 3 and tried to watch it 1 per week instead it was a lot more enjoyable that way

but.. (actually spoilers for the series)

they introduce yuri crush and I actually thought it would maybe happen (at least I wanted it to)

they made a romance movie instead of slice of life (that had had romance as a subplot in last 5 episodes) where she goes for the dude instead and made the yuri subplot so much sadder in retrospect

So don't watch the movie if you like

Yuri

Wait, Gamagoori was half black`?

>edward
>changed gender
its a fucking girl?

Aay, muh nigga.

I live around them. Why would I want to look at them in my escapism too?

No.
His father was a GI, but he's blonde so it's extremely unlikely that his father had any significant amount of black blood in him.

Louis Machungo from Legend of Galactic Heroes

I like to think he's half black until proven otherwise.

I like her design a lot.

actually reminded me of a manga that someone from Sup Forums recommended it's called knights it's pretty simple typical shounen but it does have a pretty cool black lead character with dope dreads.

I know who he is but what is he doing on my board

>Machungo

He's asking because of the picture user.
apparently, it's cannon that he bleaches his hair.

That is because he got what he deserved.

Oh you got me there. I thought it was a grammatic error

The reason they give dark skinned character blonde hair (and sometimes blue eyes) is because their blackness is less important than their foreignness. Which is to say, if you want to make a character who looks completely alien and exotic to a Japanese person, their skin should be dark and their hair should be light. It's also how Japanese people perceive western beauty standards.

I don't think them being blonde or blue-eyed changes the fact that they're black though. After all, a full-blooded Japanese person in anime can have any number of hair and eye colors. I don't see why that wouldn't apply to blacks.

Also, light hair on dark skin makes a nice contrast. Which is why most dark elfs get white hair.

Fuark what a qt girl. Would be cool if the Japs at least changed the skin tone of some characters so it's easier to tell the difference between them, instead of giving them green, blue, purple etc hair

>inb4 sjw

Most half-whites in anime have blonde hair and that makes 0 sense too.

I think Gamagori's dad is probably an amalgamation of everything stereotypically American. So blonde haired and blue eyed, but also with African-American ancestry.

Going by anime rules, maybe his dad was half-black, half-white and Gama inherited aspects of both?

>muh niggers in media

I don't understand how dark skin and platinum blonde hair can look so good in animation, but look so trashy in real life.

Because 2D > 3D, come one user.

Ah, the wise magical negro of Berserk.

>no one posted pedro

Cute

Yeah, I made that point in my original post and that's why I am chill with it and more bummed out than outright sad about it.

The problem with black characters with blue eyes and white hair is that it absolutely works but so many people have a hard time "accepting them as black" as they do with a white or asians character with rainbow colored hair.

It has to do with there being so few black characters on the screen at the same time so when they appear alone people would probably associate them with being tanned asians like Okinawan and when anime characters usually want show someone is black they often go for the use of stereotypical face features like
a show that makes white hair on black skin work and still conveys that the characters in question is black is Naruto. a show that has both more typical black characters like the one above but also more character like you can even see this happening in this thread btw

>Wait, Gamagoori was half black`?

>No.
>His father was a GI, but he's blonde so it's extremely unlikely that his father had any significant amount of black blood in him.

>The problem with black characters with blue eyes and white hair is that it absolutely works but so many people have a hard time "accepting them as black" as they do with a white or asians character with rainbow colored hair.

Also, with the nature of this board, there's no doubt that shitposting would arise over who is black and who isn't, when their skin colour is literally black.

I'm so tired this was the picture that was going to be with
Not a picture of Danny from sonic X pfft

Can anyone provide sources for this chart?