Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kaLLy-U8MkI
youtube.com/watch?v=4d2gBnUjI1E
youtu.be/mqqa_oiHw5g?t=18s
youtube.com/watch?v=SXhyyR2E9G4
youtube.com/watch?v=ofSLCFxJ8Jo
youtube.com/watch?v=9rg0l0hhx_4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It can, but it requires the use of higher contrast colors and a consistent art form between characters and environment.

The original Full Metal Alchemist had some good rotoscope. So did the Cowboy Bebop movie intro.

Why couldn't they just do a normal adaptation of that shit? Why turn it into a dumb art project?

Of course, meet your rotoscopefu

pretentious adaptation for pretentious source material

Yes, but as with anything animation related, if you want it done well you will need money.
Although with Aku no Hana it seemed like the style was intended, even though it was still meh.

So that hipsters will love it (and they did).

Already has.
youtube.com/watch?v=kaLLy-U8MkI

I remember watching this when I was drunk and tired, was it even good?

It was one of the better adaptations of a Philip K. Dick story.

Rotoscope works when it is used for a guide to draw original content. Not just a tracing of live action. 2D is not suppose to move exactly the same as 3D as things in the real world aren't limited to 23 FPS. And there's such a thing as over animating something.

>pretentious is a bad thing

>Can rotoscope will ever be done right?
Animu behind the curve yet again

Anime is fucked up.

ED song is nightmare fuel

>They even rotoscoped the background

3D are pig disgusting and japanese people are particularly ugly, rotoscoping their faces for anime is a mistake.

So was your Dad's decision to not wear a condom.

Wasn't Nakamura trying to drag Kasuga way from pretension? If you're pretentious, aren't you, too, a... shitworm?

Sakamichi no Apollon did rotoscoping perfectly

Best rotoscope 2 date my friendo.

You know you fucked up when the 2D is more disgusting than the 3D

Rotoscope to an extent isn't a bad thing, but with OP pic related you might as well be watching a live-action series.

>rotoscope
Fucking casuals

youtube.com/watch?v=4d2gBnUjI1E

But Aku no Hana was done right

>use ugly people
>blame the technology

Jin-Roh wasn't rotoscoped.

youtu.be/mqqa_oiHw5g?t=18s

Find a non-ugly jap to do the job first.

Rotoscoping is best done for capturing movement and not detail.

Can OP will ever be grammar right?

First day here?

Pretty sure the Cowboy Bebop movie did a great job with it. If you trace your reference and leave out key details like what OP provided, then yeah, it's gonna fail because it looks bland, borderlining on creepy

>fire and ice
>considered a classic in western animation
Maybe for the 10 people who know it exists. And as for western animators, they're too busy obsessing over Miyazaki and Chuck Jones.

Never completely rely on it for full bodies or faces and everything else should be fine.
You can use rotoscoping to inform traditional animation and it turns out great and you can completely rotoscope something like hand movements and it looks fine but the uncanny shit starts when you rotoscope everything.

The movie Anastasia is a great tool for animators to learn the very best and the very worst aspects of rotoscoping. One scene will be absolutely flawless. Then the next, uncanney valley blows up your eyes.

sometimes

I don't like rotoscope but sometimes its nice

youtube.com/watch?v=SXhyyR2E9G4

That's not pure rotoscoping though. It used real footage as a guide, but didn't trace directly over a person drumming. OP image is literally a tracing of a live action shot. And it looks scary.

it can, but you need to add more details and SHADING!

Anyone ever watch that old LOTR animation? The first one with the rotoscoping and shit?

She's cute. Is she Hana?

It's bad

Is everything CG ?

Can your English will ever be done right?

All I remember is that really bad song the orcs sang while marching.

No you dumb shit. CG is the way of the future.

Everything is already shit, might as well just fuck anime up all the way

No.

youtube.com/watch?v=ofSLCFxJ8Jo

Fun fact: the intro of the cowboy bebop movie wasn't rotoscoped.

There is a lot of singing in the LotR books. You could probably reinterpret it as a musical.

Already has.

youtube.com/watch?v=9rg0l0hhx_4

Everyone I knew who was a fantasy junkie in the 80s knew Fire and Ice.
Of course, it's not a good movie and doesn't have good characters.
It's just a cool movie that nerds like us feasted on because there was so little decent fantasy to watch then.

Aku no hana wasn't meant to look pleasant
because it fits the aesthetic of the story.

When there's a whip

>Can rotoscope will ever be done right?
Did you have a stroke there pal?

The late 70s and into the 80s was the hayday of fantasy. What are you talking about? Not only live action stuff like Legend or Labyrinth but also animated movies. Hell, Disney almost went bankrupt trying to 'out fantasy' everyone with The Black Cauldron. And crazy shit like Wizards are about as known as Fire and Ice.

Legend came out in 85 and Labyrinth a year after that.

Sorry. My passion is in rotoscope, not english

So did the manga art style not fit the aesthetic of the story well enough to animate it that way? Was it lacking?

the anime and the manga are separate works which convey separate emotions

>It's supposed to be shit.

Every time.

Not every piece of art is supposed to convey a sense of comfort

bump

>Yes, but as with anything animation related, if you want it done well you will need money.
Aku no hana episodes were as expensive as a good animated episode. They had no excuse other than being hipster faggots that nearly even canceled any DVD/BD releases due to poor reception

I still remember the PV's just showing great backgrounds, I really thought that the very first episode was the most elaborate troll ever done and nope it was the actual thing

Look up Ralph Bakshi. Watch Wizards and his Lord of the Rings adaptation. The rotoscoping is beautiful.

The movie, although nicely animated, is quite plain.