BERSERK (2016)

What's the verdict?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/i5yYo2JVtUQ?t=12s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's shit

That OP image looks great. Why couldn't they animate everything like this?

The excessive CGI makes my eyes bleed famalam.

Really bad, the movies look better than this.
No use complaining anyway, most people will finish the show just because its Berserk.

It hurts

Some damn good anime if you ask me.

It's better than the movies

It's fine. Only one episode and it can get better from here. Most pics you'll see are of in betweens or action shots that aren't meant to be taken out of context. Just sit back and enjoy it instead of looking for the tiniest little things to get angry over and circle the internet with.

This fucking teaser image sums up fucking everything wrong with this series.

Look at this. He's half dead, leaning against a dirty stone wall, there's a full moon out and he's been fighting for his life against evil spirits and God knows what while Puck watches, but he's still got this deranged grin on his face.

This is the Black Swordsman. This is the image that's supposed to get fans excited for an anime adaptation of a character arc we have yet to see properly animated.

Well, nope, turns out that's being skipped. We'll instead get to see Guts in his redemption arc instead, with only a single Black Swordsman episode, which was a horrendously paced mishmash of random scraps of Black Swordsman and Lost Children going straight into the beginning of Chains of Conviction.

Not even to mention the usual bullshit of promotional image vs. final product that is the animation and design and sound effects and fucking absolutely everything.

>Mfw all the butt-mad eternally ass-ravaged weebs on Sup Forums

Totally worth it. This cringeworthy sickdark edgelord manga doesn't deserve a proper adaptation anyway.

It was great, 10/10, best anime of the season, and done with masterful tact. It's the best adaptation we've ever had that blows everything else out of the water. Now where's my fucking paycheck Miura? The animation budget was redirected entirely to bribe "critics".

Why?

Isn't it obvious? Because of the shitskin.

It's damn good.

They can't keep getting away with it...

Are people being purposely retarded about the obvious filters that are in all of Casca's shots? They're all flashbacks. She'll definitely be darker.

Didn't like the comic relief, pacing, or style of animation.

But it is a tad early for a final verdict.

She was always white

Please prove that Casca is white. I will wait.

>Really bad, the movies look better than this.
it keeps getting worse and worse,
are we evenutally going to get berserk represented with polygons.?

Can't wait for more memes/10

Why did they skip those important arcs anyway?

Target demographic right here

Read the latest chapter you faggot

I had to pick my tongue off the floor with a spatula because my jaw dropped. It's DAMN good mate.

Koreans put a filter on the pages, nice try senpai

Just checked again just for you, her skin is still colored in chapter 344, also Read the entire fucking manga, she is brown.

You think the best adaptation of Berserk would be wrong?

Niggers btfo

i'm sure they're saving the budget for later

It's great. Fuck off nostalgiafags.

This motherfucker rolls up and slaps you're waifu's ass right in front of you. What do? Keep in mind he's got a knife sticking out of his gut and he don't even give a shit.

>gets told
>replies with ironic bait
Sure mate.

new high point in the evolution of anime. what a time to be alive.

K bro

You mean low point.

There are a lot of really poorly animated shots and some odd sound effects. They will hopefully do better. I hope the animation flaws can be improved on. If they keep dropping the ball with minor shit it will be a meme show.

Pretty bad desu.

This is a damn good bunny.

>autism incarnate

What's Japan's general opinion on CGI heavy animation?

Do they gripe about it like we do?

Calmly explain that there's no reason to be violent or disrespectful, it would be inappropriate to go berserk on him.

>uniform line color and width for everything.
>goofy expressions.
>stiff postures.
>3D rendered tree from a PS2 cutscene
>giant uniform hatch marks over the shadows that don't move with the characters
>jarringly different rendering for cloth and metal

Friendly reminder actual real adult human beings looked at this and thought it was good.

Oh god my sides.

>real adult human beings looked at this and thought it was good
I think they looked at it and just didn't give a shit

I desperately wanted to kill myself after finishing the first episode.

Holy shit, I thought it couldn't get worse than baby feet, what is even going on with those paws?

It was good. I don't get why everyone hates on this anime

They looked at and thought of how many Korean prostitutes it would pay for

Fuck off

Jazz hands. He's going out in style.

>in betweens

I don't think you understand what a CGI model is.

every fucking board I go to, I can never escape the fucking JUST meme. FUCK

the animation is objectively flawed. it's not just offensively poor taste, it's offensive to the senses.

at best it's an acquired taste.

>HxH back on hiatus
>berserk manga is going harem loli witches route
>berserk anime is worse than trash

i dont want to live on this planet

I don't mean to be a dick to you, but just look at this and tell me there's anything remotely enjoyable here.

Did they take human legs and stick them on the front of the rabbit?

Only about a second of animation and it's still so much more beautiful than that bullshit cgi.

What the fuck. What the actually god damn fuck.

I waited to watch this with friends today. Berserk has been my favorite series in all genres for almost 20 years. 20 fucking years hanging onto every image and word from miura.

When I heard they were taking the first steps to animate past golden arc, my hype train was full speed.

THEN I SEE THE FUCKING ANIMATION. THE FUCKING NEW AGE EDGY ANIMU SUPER POWER STYLE SHIT. THE INTERNAL MONOLOGS.

Whay couldnt they just animate it? THIS is how I'm supposed to introduce new people to the fucking best manga ever created? They are seriously fucking the lore up this much? Did Miuras agent just say "get your fat tits off of idol master or I'm selling animation rights to the lowest bidder!". The movies were acceptable, this was sub par.

They managed to make it worse than the low budged 1997 version that had every action scene be nothing more than a couple of stills or repeating frames. You know what kind of state Berserk adaptations are, when the only decent one was a fucking PS2 game.

just like muh souls games

Guts looks like a lanky basketball player. I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be something like 6'2, not 6'11.

HOLY FUCK LOL

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

How in the hell did Guts destroy the tree in this scene? It looked like a Windscar, but I don't remember him doing that in the manga.

power of wub wub

HE NEVER DID. ITS FUCKING BULLSHIT BLEACH STYLE SHAKEY CAM LOUD SOUND SPLIT MONSTER SHIT.

Go watch it yourself you dickless wonder.

itai

This little fellow's body language and facial expression are so vivid and full of despair the only way they could have achieved such a result would be by taking human berserk fan and somehow merging them with the 3D model of a rabbit.

It looks like shit, I'll still probably watch the whole thing, Berserk will never get treated the way it should.

I'm sorry for your loss.

power of friendship

The shaking of the camera allowed his sword to act as a chainsaw

I'm starting to doubt. Maybe Berserk was never good? Maybe we overhyped it?

youtu.be/i5yYo2JVtUQ?t=12s
How did they fuck up the animation and sound this badly.

i'm doubting everything rn

it was much to big to be called a pan

Japan's anime industry caters to shit eating otaku. Of course they fucking love it.

Does anyone know how the Nips are cooping?

>All fight scenes are literally static models with shitty camera movement/shaking
>Atleast half the OST and all the SFX used are royalty free shit
>The plot from the series is haphazardly stiched together to bring Guts' party together pre-maturely
>CGI is uncanny valley type of shit, everything moves like an old tin robot
>Looks like a 12fps shitshow
>Even the OP is trash, with poor pacing for scene transitions even containing eye straining parts
So how did this become approved?

Too black, too heavy, and unseasoned. It was like a hunk of cast iron.

This is a better adaption of Berserk than 2016 Berserk.

YAMEROOOOOOOOOO

>tumbling down tumbling down

It was slightly more watchable than I expected it to be.

It was pretty much shit.

Someone actually saved and edited that shitty image that I made.

The only way it could have been worse is if my testicles exploded while I was watching it

They way they cut that scene made me laugh. It was so sudden.

I heard about it yesterday, I thought it was gonna be good.
In about 5 seconds I knew it was complete shit.

Wait a minute, that tumble...

Fuck me, it looks like if the cast from fucking Reboot were dropped in a Berserk video game.

I got a fucking curse mark tattoo for this shit?

FUCKING MUIRA.

>getting a tattoo

We've learned too much.

watching just for the story even though i already read the manga

Now you can't be buried in the jewish cemetery kike