Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/573204/6f8c79d3e0/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ReiAyanamiExpy?from=Main.ReiClone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Asuka is for sex, Reí is for Olev

go fuck yourself

After I fuck your waifu

How long are going to milk this joke?

Reminder that Hikari and Maya are the only women in this series who aren't shitty people.

no deb8 m8, i r8 her 8/8

You don't want a debate, you just want to shitpost.

Rei > Asuka

Asuka a cute. A cute!

Nah. it's fine.

>Anno turned Godzilla into a shitty moeblob pet

Fuck you, Evafags.

Maya > Asuka > Rei

Sorry, me debating the mentally ill would be high impact bullying.

It's best if I just leave you to your delusions.

>trannies over anything

Asuka has a shitty personality and Rei has no personality so Rei is better.

FFS it has been 20 years already. 20!!

Misato > Everybody else

You're wrong! Both are equally cute.

Akagi jr.>everyone else

Irresponsible, emasculating, and a shitty caretaker.

Horrible, selfish cunt.

It will never ends

Even when the world will decline into anarchy and post apocalyptic nuclear wasteland, people will still argue about Asuka and Rei

Speaking of which, Asuka > other girls > shit > Rei

You're a horrible selfish cunt. She was cute and was basically a genius

She's head of computer science, engineering, biology, and physics for the best funded and most secretive paramilitary laboratory in the world, ain't no basically.

She becomes a cunt for episode 23, she took a character arc to get there.

>Nerv
>secretive
>Kensuke, some nobody, constantly knows more about what's going on with Nerv than Shinji does

Anyway, she was a cunt all the while. Her neglectful treatment of the emotionally vulnerable children in her program, particularly her callous treatment of Rei, was inexcusable.

This bothered me for decades. If they could do all that crazy science shit, why didn't they breed their own perfect pilots or at least give them the SPARTAN IV treatment as a kid.

I need to rewatch the series again, the only thing I remember is her going crazy basically due to the pain of her mom not living her enough or loving Gendo, right?

The only secret Kensuke learns is when the evangelions were being moved in an operation coordinating all of Japan and that was from knowing the login for his dad's home computer. The thing he knew that Shinji didn't was he'd heard that Nevada exploded.

Ritsuko's never presented as heartless, she's the one to represent Gendo's position to Misato because Misato can get away with slapping her and Ritsuko clearly feels dirty about it. She even speaks about Rei more sympathetically than anybody else in the series does.

>She even speaks about Rei more sympathetically than anybody else in the series does.
Which is clearly a front, she can't stand Rei.

Kill yourself shitposter.

They did, that's Rei. There wasn't a lot of benefit to be had since they still understood so little about synchronization by the start of the series that it took Rei seven months to connect to what might have been a piece of herself, they knew how to manufacture them but not what they could do that would be optimizing.

There is no debate to be had.
Anno created Rei with zero intention of her being a good character, but the japanese clinged to the whole 'emotionless doll' thing, which you why we have an endless parade of emotionless blue haired girls.
We also have Asuka clones, but the scale isn't the same.

I know that they made Rei for that. I would imagine NERV to condition their pilots physically and mentally along with augmentations en masse for better pilot performance. Kinda like the SPARTAN program (forgive me, this is the only super soldier program that immediately comes to mind for me), in that they are produced en masse in later variants with many dying due to not being able to handle SPARTAN program's augs or training

Shit can not be better than anything user.

This. Asuka is the kind of girl to try anal with.
Rei is to marry and have sex in the missionary position while holding hands in order to make babies.

Can she even conceive?

Probably not

>having good taste is now a crime

Rei>Asuka.
Debate me.

Rei ended up being a good character regardless of the intention - a better one than Asuka. That is the reason why Rei is so popular , and calling Rei an "emotionless doll" is just hatred from lesser members of the Evangelion fanbase, the worst kind.

It's been proven over and over that the fanbase doesn't think or want such a Rei, and the only one who wants that are retarded and disgusting Asuka/Kaworu fans because they're jealous of Rei's superiority.

Rei is popular because she is a fantasy for otaku, she has no character.

Rei is popular because she is a fantasy for otaku, she has no character.

Yeah, I know.

Rei > asuka

Truth:

I just wanted you to read that back and think about how retarded it was. Listen: Asuka is popular with otaku, Rei went mainstream hard.

The thing is that Asuka is this easy girl that's commonly loved by otaku, and Asuka's character is basically a projection of Anno's own otaku preferences to begin with, to the point of copying his Nausicaa waifu Kushana.

The reason people love Rei is simple, she's a goodhearted, self-sacrificing girl with a heavy air of mystery and intelligence. She's a character that develops positively over the course of the series, in contrast with Asuka who falls and doesn't quite get up.

Asuka on the other hand is basically otaku feed 101, with the generic anime mecha girl attitude otaku love, her archetype being common in anime before.

Too late friend, you said yourself:
>Rei is popular because she is a fantasy for otaku, she has no character.
I have won.

Fact:

Rei is the best female character in the Evangelion franchise. This is because unlike the others, Rei isn't a character designed to be a popular idol or extremely pandered in spinoffs, but rather the opposite.

So when Rei became the most popular by a wide margin in the original, it was due to the greatness of her character, not any cheap otaku pandering as with Asuka.

I prefer Asuka but it annoys me when Asukafags write Rei off as an emotionless doll just because they can't comprehend the idea of liking more than one girl.

>Rei
>Calm
>Princess style
>Asuka
>Nervous
>Casual style

Nah, you'll always lose and you know it yourself, because you need to lie to yourself. Rei is the superior person and character between the two. There's nothing you can do about it except being butthurt.

We can objectively pin down the reasons why Rei is the best, and it has been done for more than 20 years and Asuka fans have lost every time, and their only refuge is to escape into fantasy nonsense.

If you want a debate, it's one you'll lose. Asuka is weaker, dumber, less powerful and a worse character than Rei. It's a character relegated to otaku, because only otaku are obsessive and maniacal enough to care about a bitchy cunt like Asuka.

The few times Rei showed emotion it felt genuine.
Asuka on the other hand always came as a tsundere archetype.

You can give the damage control a rest, you admitted it yourself:
Can't take back what you said.

>Rei
>Literally angel born
>Asuka
>Abandon trauma

It's because Asuka fans know Rei is superior to Asuka. As a character, girl, boy, entity, whatever it is, we know Rei is better.

Asuka fucked up and made everything worse, while Rei saved Asuka's ass multiple times over. Rei is a literal God in the Evangelion universe, and Asuka is literally Rei's degenerate offspring. Canonically.

Their small minds can't comprehend anything but otaku logic which excites them sexually.

>those Doujins with deredere Asuka.

MUH DICK!!

Asuka is a character for a particular type of weak-minded person.

Asuka is a character that lacks development and is pretty much a will-less puppet, and breaks down the second her puppet masters stop pulling her strings. She is the worst of the three pilots, doesn't do anything to help the ones around her and can't even help herself despite her huge egoism.

Objectively, Asuka is shit.

Therefore it takes a special kind of weak-minded ponce to actually like these character, a person needs capable of exceptional self-deception to pretend half of Asuka's character doesn't exist because it's too uncomfortable. It's a person that is easily influenced by authority figures, and is liable to like Asuka simply because it's the director's favorite. Unable to critically assess the work itself and do a comparison of their own, they build their lives around a lie.

In a way, they're pathetic and disgusting just like Asuka is, as Asuka herself lives a lie. Just like Asuka, they also break down into retardation and silence whenever the truth is brought forward.

Asuka and Asuka fans are simply lesser human beings.

She's emotionless because she's the third version and she only had Gendo to teach her life.
Shinji clearly taught the first version some deep emotions like care, love and binding.

Rei is clearly perfect.

There's many reasons why Rei > Asuka.

Rei is a strong, independent but broken down character who gradually improves herself and the lives of others. Rei forms her own opinons and strongly asserts the integrity of her own person.

Asuka on the other hand, achieves none of this besides being broken down. Asuka's opinions aren't her own, only what NERV has told her. Her goal in life wasn't dictated by herself, but it as NERV who bred her into it.

Subsequently when NERV decides she is no longer their pilot, Asuka breaks because she has nothing left. She never grew her own personality, or character.

When Rei loses something she cares for, and can't pilot, Rei remains Rei, because unlike Asuka, Rei actually has a spine, a personality, a character.

Asuka is nothing more than a degenerate meme.

Still better than Kaworu though

Kaworu is far far worse, I'll give you that.

jej, even the Reifags admit it.

>Rei is the best female character in the Evangelion franchise
Nah, that's Misato and Ritsuko.

It's Rei. Doesn't mean Misato or Ritsuko are bad characters.

One criticism towards Misato is that while she has a lot of screentime, there is a definite lack of character resolution, and that the attempt at a final character confrontation is rather weak.

Ritsuko however is fairly solid for a side character.

In the end Misato and Ritsuko had more to offer to the show so my vote goes to them.
Also I don't think there was a lack of character resolution.

Then you think wrong, it's that simple. Don't be stubborn now.

Misato's character resolution attempts to go down the road of being sexually promiscuous with many men, although there are no such scenes that highlight anything worse than even some of the children. Not ony that, one scene reveals that she's only ever been with one man.

You can understand what it's trying to do, but it didn't do a good enough job writing the character before trying it. Hence there's a lack of real character-resolution. For Misato and Asuka, their resolution in NGE is simply that they admit that they are weak - which fails to address any resolution, or rather, a solution to their weakness. Their characters had earlier already admitted their weakness, so in truth this isn't even a resolution but a repetition.

EoE has effectively zero character finalization for Misato, and the ep 25 bits are as described.

Rei stands out as a core part of the story both symbolically, actively through her character and as a major force for advancing the story and plot. Rei is whether you like the character, or absolutely hate the character someone who is always going to be a part of the story, for better or worse. Look at how the Rebuilds turned out.

Misato admits she is weak but still tries to change things, however small, in whatever way she can. She doesn't give up even when shit hits the fan for her.
I find that way more commendable than Rei's arc.
Rei's character relies on a lot of sci-fi aspects of the show, she is distanced from the viewers because her development is not something the average human can relate to. I'm not a clone that has the soul of an alien inside me. But I do break down at times and try to better myself by acknowledging I am imperfect, because I am human.

At the end of the day, human stories like Misato, Shinji, Ritsuko, and even Asuka are what affected me.
Rei is just too separate from the themes these characters share, and is also separate from me.
I can see myself in the characters above, I can't see myself in Rei. The average person can't see themselves in Rei, and although she is an interesting character she doesn't have much emotional value to me so I can't claim she is better.

I don't see how anyone can like that annoying, ugly bitch. They are both bad, but Rei is better, here's my proof:

exhentai.org/g/573204/6f8c79d3e0/

>I find that way more commendable than Rei's arc.
Why so, when Rei does the same thing?

>Rei's character relies on a lot of sci-fi aspects of the show, she is distanced from the viewers because her development is not something the average human can relate to. I'm not a clone that has the soul of an alien inside me. But I do break down at times and try to better myself by acknowledging I am imperfect, because I am human.

This isn't quite true. Rei has for the vast majority of the series human form, thoughts and actions, to the point of being effectively human and a such, the viewer does empathize - unless they are otaku scum, of course. Then it's most certainly a lie that you can't relate to Rei's situation - or a travesty on your part. Because the question of who we are, who you are is perhaps the most important question one can ask. It's also an important question in Evangelion, because all of these people are trying to figure out who they are.

But Rei takes it even further, and goes far deeper than any of the others in answering that question. In fact, unlike the others, Rei actually does come up with an answer of her own. Keep in mind that Misato also relies on the sci-fi aspects of the show, as she reveals herself that loneliness exists as part of the sci-fi background of separated souls - of the AT-field that all humans in NGE posess.

Rei isn't separate at all from the rest, and I do hope you're lying when you can't see yourself in Rei. The average person does see themselves in Rei, as someone who feels and wants to improve, as someone who wants to reach out.

Misato admitting she is weak isn't about her being weak, it's not bad to be weak. The issue is that it's already been established and so, Misato has no resolution.

>an endless parade of emotionless blue haired girls.
I find that a vast overstatement. The only full-on Rei clone I can think of is Nagato. There are several others that clearly trace back to her design or kuudere archetype, but usually with added features. Or they only play minor roles.

Or who else were you thinking of?

It's an Asukafag trying to diss Rei by being a faggot.

Wow, people are still debating this shit?

>Wow, people are still shitposting about this?
ftfy

>debating
Hardly, there's great points raised as to why Rei is superior, but Asukafags are just memers.

Rei a Princess.

Rei a Goddess.

I'm on episode 13 and so far I have to say Asuka is better
yeah she's annoying and arrogant as shit but some scenes just make my dick go wild

I'm still soft was debating about it because Hiro² likes Asuka.
But I won't change my mind because I felt in love with Rei like 17 years ago.

You're right, thanks.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ReiAyanamiExpy?from=Main.ReiClone

This is what I was thinking about.

Besides, Pen² is obviously the best of them all; no need for further discussion.

I'm not dissing her, that was Anno's goal, even though it turned out differently, something he apparently doesn't like.

I do like her to an extent, it's just that I've always liked Asuka more. Doesn't mean I have to hate Rei.

Reifags are mentally insane

Well you're either
1) Dissing Rei
or
2) Absolutely fucking retarded

I chose 1) because I didn't want to be mean and say 2) straight ahead. Anno never claimed that it was his goal, nor has any of his coworkers or associates claimed that it was.

I'm not saying Anno doesn't dislike Rei. He does. But not for any such reason.

Rei's DNA is Shinji's mother, so she's like a MILF.

Asukafags are dumb AND mentally insane.

Rei is better than Asuka, simple as.

Shut up Reifag

>all these faggots on this thread

Oh Geez, who could guess that the best girl is the one that is:

>hot
>lovable
>and is NOT INSANE

Hikari is best girl. You all wasted years discussing something that was obvious and under your nose.

>asukafag makes a post about rei
>screencaps it and calls it reifags.png
>HURR DURR LOOK AT MY ARGUMENTZ

Asukafags are truly retarded.

>always calm
>bob haircut
>blue pussy
Best girl ever.

Shut the fuck up you mongoloid.

Well, I only watched nine of the shows listed under anime/manga/LNs, and a lot of those are bullshit or very flimsy.

Reifags are worse than grandpa dying.

She's ugly

>tfw Rei will never rub her ass on my face

So Rei is like Eve?

>Princess managing a badass Cyborg
Simply perfection.

It can't be debated it's just a straight up fact