Is this the most overrated anime of all time?

Is this the most overrated anime of all time?

the only things i thought were above average was the art and music

Maybe not of all time but it's sitting somewhere near the top of the list.

every single time that its brought up in literally any place that discusses anime (except Sup Forums) its ALWAYS in somebodys top5

i honestly dont get it

it's a 6/10 rebellion is a 8/10 since the characters aren't stupid for the sake of being stupid (sayaka)

Most of it is very entertaining. It's well made and fits a broad range of tastes.
Of course it's going to get rated highly. Many people like it and that's why you perceive it as overrated.

i didnt say it was 'bad' i said it was overrated

is it a good show? sure. is it top5 anime of all time material like mal/reddit users believe? no fucking way

Post what you think would be the all-time top 5.

> Is this the most overrated anime of all time?
No, that's Evangelion

>LoGH
>monster
>s;g
>SSY
>cowboy bebop

True, but everything high up on that site is stuff with broad appeal and decent execution while not really being all that great.

i dunno, it just feels like people rate it so highly / put it in their top 5 just because ... everyone else is, not because they feel like its an actual 10/10 show

because you are a pleb

>monster
>Steins Gate
>Shin Sekai Yori

please be a troll

my bad i meant haruhi is the best anime of all time am i rite my fellow patrician anyonmous XD

Of all time? Probably Akira, GITS:SAC, or FMA.

Madoka is legitimately bad though. Pure niwaka bait trash.

>haruhi
please, it's stupid even as a sarcastic remark

It's both critically acclaimed and enjoyed by audiences. While I think it's fan base takes it way more seriously that the creators intended, it will go down as one of the most solid anime of the decade.

it can be all those things and more
Its still overrated

Gurren Lagann, not so good

Sounds like a hot case of opinions.

Hitohira
Saiunkoku Monogatari
Gosick
SZS
Boku no Pico

I think Gurren Lagann is a good example of an anime that gets more praise than it actually deserves. It has many flaws (plot, character development), yet it gets praised solely based on its entertainment value.

What?
2Deep4U??

Madoka really isn't that complicated.

haruhi
code geass

Its baby's first mecha. For some reason newfags have a hard time getting into mecha.

It obviously is for OP.

What? No, nothing he has said suggests he doesn't understand it. He just thinks it gets more praise than it deserves, and he's absolutely correct about that.