Realistic, well-written MCs

In this age of floppy limp beta main characters in Anime, it's really refreshing to finally see one written WELL.

Finally they Deconstructed the old trope of a tryhard Trapped In Another World MC!

I hope this trend stays in Anime so we can have more realistic cringe like Subaru and less Marty Stus like Soma!

What do all of you guys think? Thanks!!

I think you should consider suicide.

I don't care that this is b8 because I genuinely think that Subaru is a wellwritten.and realistic character.

re;zero is only my 5th anime but this trope is such a bore.
>HAHA I HAVE AUTISTIC NECKBEARD TNEDENCIES JUST LIKE YOU, AUDIENCE
this is steins;gate with a retarded MC

I'll concede that I'm much more interested in him now thanks to the previous 3 episodes. But calling him realistic is just plain wrong.

>re;zero is only my 5th anime but this trope is such a bore

Your opinion doesn't matter. Lurk more before posting on Sup Forums.

This, I agree with you OP, but you type like a faggot. Go back to red dit

Of course I can't tell if this is bait though, the baitsters these days are very clever.

Okabe was cringe but likable unlike SHitbaru.

>spews emotions blatantly at the audience to get point across
>complete lack of subtlety on the writers parts
>nothing but cheap emotional pandering
>well written

>re;zero is only my 5th anime but this trope is such a bore.

You don't know anything about this media, therefore your opinion is worth less than shit.

Learn the difference.

who is the guy on the left

Well written? Yeah he could be.

But never confuse him for a 'likeable' and a 'enjoyable' MC

there is a difference.

don't even think r9k is as autistic as subaru

Sup Forums neckbeards will literally nitpick everything, even if what they're bitching about doesn't make sense.
Dude, the author is showing you what these type of characters are disgusting and is showcasing the reality of what they would look like to everybody else.

people need to realize that not every MC needs to be likable. if anime is going to grow as a medium we have to accept things that hurt to watch.

film didn't become art by pumping out marvel sequels every year. it became art via requem for a dream and patton.

It's really not enough to be called the deconstruction of stuck in another world, unless you're genuinely new to anime/manga.
Well written, I guess. Realistic? No. The author is trying to write a shit character, not a relateable one. Only a fraction of retards would be like that if they were in the same situation. Actually, that small subgroup of idiots wouldn't even have the balls to try and save anyone. If you think someone so hateable, autistic, and cringy is realistic then you're delusional/projecting.
You're post is even shittier than you're taste.

>If you think someone so hateable, autistic, and cringy is realistic then you're delusional/projecting.

you're living in a fantasy world user. everyone here is a terrible person and the only people who hate rezero and call it unrealistic are the people in denial

just get some weed, watch some anime, and make some memes while the world burns

dude weed lmao

Subaru's actions were strange in the begining, like he yearns for others in obsessive ways, which puts into question who he was before the isekai thing.

I agree that subaru is a 'well' written character to an extent, the whole death loop thing is fucking him up mentally, even going as far as thinking he deserves anything for his sacrifice.

And after insulting the customs of another world he got saved by a guy, albeit in a shameful way, but preventing his death or further imprisonment. Then he proceeded to burn every bridge that he could, and acted like a spoiled shit.
Now, we will get even more suffering, where this guy has to actually understand, that time travelers can never be heroes and will never deserve to be called as such.
I may or may not change my mind in the future and there's nothing Sup Forums can do about it.

Left's cringeworthy behavior doesn't matter. Series rewards him for being a generic harem protag with a meta gimmick.

The world will punish cringeworthy behaviour if the writting is consistent enough.
Which doesn't happen in the left case.

>Cringe
You Ledditors sure like to overuse that word

You can be unlikable but be watchable. This guy is just a pain to watch.

I feel that Kazuma was basically Subaru written correctly

>if anime is going to grow as a medium
Not everyone gives a damn about this. I don't care about anime being acceptable to people who wouldn't give a rat's ass about it otherwise.

OP Here. I agree with you, my nigga. I can't wait to watch more suffering, it's better than all the moeshit Slice of Life that airs nowadays!

>Not about a harem.
>Not a mecha show.
>Realistic badass characters.
>Actual cool plot with plot twists.

It's fukken perfect.jpg

I just wish they'd take out the Otaku pandering stuff like traps!

This.

Kazuma is Kyon without the threat of the universe being fucked if he acts out.

Left is the biggest of faggots. You shouldn't like him.

pretty sure the reallife answer to anything is to get used to it and not yelling at waifu for shit she doesnt even know about

I can rationally accept the way he's behaving right now: if you analyze things, he always had the signs of being an asshole.
However, I think they made the transition too sudden and too jarring. He follows the "nice guy" trope for the entire show, which can be creepy, but most people attribute as harmless. Then suddenly his outward character changes completely. I think that, if the writers had made this change more gradual and more foreshadowed, this wouldn't feel as wrong as it did. He started the series as a genre-savvy character, but now shows himself to be completely unaware of his own character.

(All that said, I was literally screaming "NO!" "I CAN'T EVEN" "THIS GUY", during the last ep. I managed to survive through it, but the end gave me no reaction, I was just impatiently waiting for him to get fucked already.)

You forgot
>Crappy MC
>Bland waifus

No, the author intended for Subaru to be insufferable. He himself got annoyed writing for him.
This notion that Grey Cat doesn't know what he's doing is just not true. He knows exactly what he's doing

>I was literally screaming "NO!" "I CAN'T EVEN" "THIS GUY", during the last ep

Lol are you me? I was saying the exact same stuff to my girlfriend when we watched it, lol.

What a trainwreck of a character to watch!! It's like Code Geass again.

>Rem, The Goddess of Cute.
>Bland.

Sorry you're waifu isn't as cute as Rem, user, but there's no need to be BTFO about it.

If there's one thing I've learned throughout the years it's that the greatest sin an anime can commit is to still be ongoing. I can just tell that everyone complaining in this thread will be nostalgiafagging about this in a couple months.

Kazuma has more common sense than Subaru.

Subaru pretty much forgot that he was in a Medieval Ages setting and Lese Majeste is very much alive and active during such time periods yet he dared to mouth off in front of nobility and knights without knowing his place.

No. Sup Forums usually loves series while they're airing and then starts shitting on them once they're done.

I've noticed that nobody is considering the shitty situation that he's in. His mental breakdown in front of Emilia was just met with "wow so cringe" but people seem to be forgetting entirely that he has a perfectly legitimate reason for having that happen.
This whole time Suffaru has done nothing but work himself to the bone, and literally die to save the lives of the ones he cares about, trying endlessly to get things right and for what payoff? Everyone things he's a weak, pathetic, useless nutball. He can't explain any of this to anyone, they don't understand what he's going through, from his perspective it all makes sense because he knows but from everyone else's perspective he's a sort-of lovable basket case who can't do anything to help ever.
Meanwhile he knows that the only reason things have gone so well so far is because he's been constantly sacrificing himself both mentally and physically to ensure that it gets to be that way, and he only makes things worse for himself by talking about things nobody else remembers and saying how he needs to be there for everything to work out. From everyone else's perspective it's pitiful and sad because they think that he literally does nothing except get in the way sometimes, they don't understand what he does for them, they don't know what he's going through and it's killing him on the inside worse than any death on the outside.

LoL maybe user but I love it a lot right now! And I'll recommend it to all my friends instead of that popular shit like One Punch Man. Such a Marty Stu, it's SHIIIIT!

>haha all those beta MCs suck
>FINALLY a good one!!!

Every fucking season you autistic cunts show up.
It's really baffling to me.

Fucking newfags I swear to god.

Ok now you are just baiting.

>mecha
>shit

who let this man post?

Youngsters these days have forgotten how real men are.

baiting? about re:zero? the latest and greatest hip hoppity pop show with brand new concepts and mass appeal? there's no way anyone would stoop so low.

I'm just glad it's another thread analyzing the best MC I've ever seen since I started watching anime in 2013.

Are you the same guy that post hourly fuck subaru threads? I think it's your bedtime right now.

The viewers all know that. But so does Subaru. From everyone else's perspectives they don't owe him anything, and he should know that. He's like the autist that got bullied as a kid and now thinks they deserve revenge from the rest of the world because of that.

And here I was, hoping I'd never see those ugly pants again.

I appreciate the effort but that's some pretty shitty bait, just cramping the 2013 in for no reason makes it unbelievable.
Nobody is going to bite.

>I just wish they'd take out the Otaku pandering stuff like traps!
It wouldn't be a slap in the face to self-inserter otakus if they didn't tease the audience with that stuff though.

nigger I was being sarcastic. I'm not even OP. just sick of these threads ad nauseum where you can't even tell if people are being serious or not. it's fucking disturbing.

I honestly don't get why everyone hates him, he can be overly loud, but I always just figured that's how he was coping with dying constantly. But apparently he's the worst main character in the history of history.

It certainly doesn't help when you're just shitposting.

>ugly pants
Take that back.
Take that right now you piece of shit.

shitposting is all these threads deserve family

a whole fuckin medium, a nice new season, and we still have 2-4 threads about this grimdark piece of shit on the front page CONSTANTLY

at least I have the good sense to shit up already existing threads

Most threads here on Sup Forums are pretty cancerous. In real life most people aren't this autistic.

Well people who don't like the series are pretty vocal about it, and you're only adding fuel to the fire like a retard.

>just sick of these threads ad nauseum where you can't even tell if people are being serious or not.

Amen.

But how does that help anyone?

I htink dying 6 or so times painfully change your common sense a bit.

>shitposting is all these threads deserve family
Might have been a good idea if you faglords knew how to use the sage function properly.
If you keep giving them free bumps you can't complain if they are always in the first page, idiot.

I'v got a newsflash for you.

Your shitty autistically fuelled opinions dont matter.

>can only communicate emotion in extreme fits
>lacks subtlety
>only understands simple, cheap emotions

I don't see how you can believe this guy is anything except excellently written. The captured the target audience perfectly.

Compared to the generic loser-kun MCs that were rampant in the early 2000s, he is bit more interesting

>Real man
>Ken
No even siding with OP but Ken is a poor role model who never make the plan longer than "adding girls to harem".

Just stop viewing Subaru as hero MC like the rest of anime, and view him as a rising villain MC. He is now Character of the Decade

>a poor role model who never make the plan longer than "adding girls to harem"
Did we even watch the same anime? His purpose was to make everyone happy, he made his goal clear, and was 100% devoted towards making it happen.

>a whole fuckin medium, a nice new season, and we still have 2-4 threads about this grimdark piece of shit on the front page CONSTANTLY
If you don't like it, then make threads for other shows instead of contributing to threads about the show you dislike, you blithering retard.

What was his problem? Why he's so fucking delusional?

>Realistic, well-written MCs
Well, this guy.

And guess what? All he did was pleasing the girls. Did you ever listened to him talking about having a decent job to provide his wives need or getting a house to contain all of them?

Because he can, because he has, several times.

because he actually can do that but no one will ever now? Why you acting like the first ten episode never happens? Why can't you see the tragedy of all this. They're both right, this is the real sad think.

lel your opinion doesn't matter either faggit

Do what? Dying like retard for 10 times? He being survived this far is just because of Reinhard and Roswaal did the job to defeat the enemy.

I call him delusional because he think he strong enough to fight with magic user or trained knight.

So he's a protagonist who think he's a protagonist?

i wish more anime could be introspective and thoughtful while at the same time gripping and intellectual

this show is a once a decade treat

lol enjoy masturbating in a corner to generic moe shows for the next 20 years then

cantpolicetheirownboard.jpg

Subaru is just Kazuma without the logical sense to make sure that he stays alive. Can you really look at Subaru and say that he is well written when he is continuously not following common sense and never act according to logic. He never think things through and because of that he always put people in danger. If you put Kazuma in the same spot as Subaru is in right now, I'm sure that he will do a much better job.

without his dying EMT would be dead to the cute assassin you retard.

Will do. Sorry your cartoons will never be taken seriously by anyone who isn't a pretentious neckbeard.

Without him being there the whole thing wouldn't happen in the first place.

So, why didn't the MC kill himself to restart when he said stupid shit to Emilia?
>well-written

yeah Felt wouldn't been stolen the Insigna at all.

Are you retarded? She came in anyway in the last timeline, and Elsa did too

does subaru even make good cars?

>MC just killing himself over and over again willy nilly like it has no consequences
>good writing

Why don't you kill yourself right now? You always say stupid shit

>MC respawns when he dies
>good writing

oh right user, I forgot how much better the show would be if it lasted 40 minutes and ended on the first death

I'd say that Subaru can get away with not following common sense since the psychological damage of near death experiences (or in Subaru's case, actual death experience) is some serious shit

Doesn't make the writing any less shit.

As compared to what? Tell me your great ideas, I need a good standard to compare Re:Zero's writing to

That's the entire premise of the show you fucking mongoloid. IT'S IN THE FUCKING TITLE.
Why Are you even here 14 episodes latter if you didn't like it.

It does, retard.
Having an MC that can't die is a perfect excuse for not having a fucking OP gary stu, character development and constant suffering at the same time in a creative way.

Cmon kids don't get mad, I wasn't the guy one who started this.

If he kills himself to get the best possible outcome it's not well written, but the fact that he can't die is?
Where's the difference?

>I was only pretending to be retarded!

Good thing you outed yourself as a shitposter, now hopefully people will stop feeding you (You)s

>if he kills himself to get the best possible outcome
Yeah.
Thats whats been happening huh

I just don't see how killing himself is supposed to be bad writing.

Because someone's hurt feelings is not worth the pain of death. That is unless you are a tumblr Feminist.

You do know that Kazuma dies too right?