Explain what's wrong with Sword Art Online without resorting to memes or internet "celebrities"

Explain what's wrong with Sword Art Online without resorting to memes or internet "celebrities"

It's shit

Stop making this thread, it is universally hated by anyone with some taste. If you can't see why then you have shit taste.

>what's wrong
Everything.

It didnt cater anime elitist. For newbie otaku the show is fine but it lacks few things like AoTs ost or godtier character developement from Mirai Nikki

it starts out poorly paced and uses sexual assault as an actual plot point more than once

A-1

Where is my prize?

it got really popular so everyone started to hate it

Shit writing like Naruto

It's shit.

It's casual entry level anime, which is the worst kind of anime.

No user, This show was always shit. Not some show that we hate because normalfags infested the fanbase like most shonen trash.

It relies on wish-fulfillment instead of having a good story

most of Sup Forums's favorite anime's are entry level

2 years worth of semen made a glopping noise as it flowed endlessly into Asuna.

Kirito

The fanbase is shit, seeing how some cancer tripfag called derp_commander liking it is the proof.

Talking about the normalfags or newfags that wander the cancerous warts that you would call generals?

Asuna didn't let Kirito wear the bondage gear he wanted.

This
People really overestimate how much anime a large portion of Sup Forums has seen.

generals typically

started of promising if somewhat generic but dropped the ball halfway through. broken hopes and promises mixed with everyone else praising it like the second coming of jezus made some people a little bitter

Even if you've only seen 2 digits worth of shows you should be able to recognize the stupidity of SAO and Kirito's wish fulfillment Marty Stu character and his harem.

>Explain what's wrong with Sword Art Online without resorting to memes or internet "celebrities"
Easy: Bait-and-switch.

"Entry level" is no measure of quality.

I don't know user I mean ot has nice girls I like the girls the rest is shit

Kirito is Gary Stu.
Asuna loses her personality and depth after season 1, ultimately becoming a cliche.
Hitler did nothing wrong.

Doujin is much better

By anime standards it's a masterpiece. It has everything what anime fans want: gary stu mc, bland pretty female mc that marries main mc and start up a family in their teens, game world, sword fighting, harem, teenage sex, tentacle rape scenes, ass shots, boob shots, overdramatic ost, edgy villains, simple plot or no plot at all, sexual assault/rape, cute girls, guns, feels out of nowhere, fairies, fantasy worlds.... I could go on. Story telling wise? It's shit. It's dumb entertainment that's catered for the lowest common denominator. That's why it's popular but you can blame anime fans for that because that's all they want.

Everytime. user made the thread great again.

Typical LN-adaption pacing problems.
The way they portrayed "death" made the whole point of the premise less impactful and had me doubt people actually died until the very end. Not to mention all the other times where don't follow through with the original premise and instead slip into clicheès.
Flat characters even for anime standards.
The worst and weakest villain to ever exist during the first arc.

It's not a single thing, but an amalgation of really bad elements coming together to form an exceptionally bad series. The only reason why it got popular was because the initial premise was actually a interesting concept and in contrast to the usual shounen show it handled the romance aspect of itself a lot less infantile (until later practically devolving into the same idiotic harem BS that is every other shounen).

I also think it get's as much hate as it does, because the series constantly pretends to be better than it is. It has certain elements almost only as window dressing (Asuna and Kirito's relationship for example) that can be pushed to the front whenever someone looks at this shit to make it seem nicer than it actually is.
This absolutely amplifies the hatred people with half a brain have for the series and especially any fans of it.

TL;DR:
It's shit, pretending to be not shit.

FUCK

I was too late.

oh and also this.
Probably a better TL;DR

I'm jealous my favourite anime isn't as brilliantly written, animated and directed.

>pretending to be not shit
That's really not something to criticize.